Chapter 1 : The Explosion

The Nightmare

Chapter 1: The Explosion

“Okay, we’re done. Let’s wrap it up.” EXO’s manager shouted a smile spread across his face as he did. “I know you all must be tired, so enjoy the rest of the day, my treat to you all for working so hard.” He added. “Finally.” D.O sighed happy that they had finished, Chanyeol nodded in agreement and they both disappeared to the arcade area. “Those two were just waiting for that moment weren’t they?” Luhan smiled slightly. “I guess so.” Chen scratched the back of his head. “I don’t know about you guys, but I’m going to go see what there is to eat.” Kai said the thought of food making his mouth water. “I’m coming to0.” Sehun shouted as he joined him. The both of them disappearing around the corner. “Hey you two- huh?” Suho and Kris said in unison, both of them slightly laughing when they realized they talked at the same time. “Maybe we should just let them enjoy themselves.” Suho said a little in thought and Kris nodded a little hesitant. “You two, seriously.” Lay shook his head. “Come on let’s go get a massage. You guys should really take a break instead of being overly cautious with what everyone is doing.” Lay pushed Kris and Suho along. “We’ll come to.” Chen and Luhan followed them. Xiumin sighed a little hesitant, but he followed them to. “BaekHyun? What are you doing?” Tao questioned, not really sure what he’d do. “I’m going to the room.” “Come on you should have fun too. It’s the first time we’re on a cruise ship, you should-” BaekHyun shook his head. “I still feel sick, I’m just going to go rest.” BaekHyun left. Tao sighed feeling bad for BaekHyun, being too sick to have fun. He hesitated, wondering if he should go with BaekHyun and keep him company. “I’ll just go with Kai and the others, and I’ll bring something back for BaekHyun.” He thought to himself and headed to the restaurant where Kai and Sehun had gone.

BaekHyun walked to the lower levels making his way to their rooms. Once he made it to the room he got in his bed at once his eyes unable to stay open any longer. Before sleep could completely consume him, a loud blaring shriek erupted as a red light flashed, startling him pulling him from his tiredness. “What’s going on?” He thought to himself, feeling more tired, but more concerned with the reason behind the flashing. Just as he was about to go to the door, the ship did a sharp turn, everything from the room shaking fiercely. He rushed to the door trying to open it, but couldn’t.

“What’s going on? We never even made it to the spa.” Chen questioned a little scared as he got closer to Luhan. Xiumin doing the same, the three of them scared. Lay surprisingly keeping his cool. “Let’s go gather the others.” Suho firmly said and Kris agreed. At once they all hurried to find the others glad that they got to see where everyone was going before leaving themselves. They found Chanyeol and DO standing in the middle of the arcade room, confused expressions on both their faces, but when they saw Suho and Kris they hurried over to them. “What’s going on?” Chanyeol asked as they reached them. “We don’t know, but let’s get the others first.” Suho said pulling them along as they headed to find the others.

Next they found Kai, Sehun and Tao. The three of them were making their way back to find them as well. Kai had a sad expression on his face. “We barely made it, but we didn’t get to eat anything.” Kai sighed as he crossed his arms. “Well as long as everyone is fine.” Kris said glad everyone was together. Tao looked around at all of their faced realizing that BaekHyun wasn’t with them. “Where’s BaekHyun?” Suho and Kris said in unison, before Tao could say anything. None of them laughing because they were beginning to fear the worst as the blaring sound continued. “He said he was going to rest, I thought he’d come-“ Tao said. “I’ll go get him you guys stay together.” Suho firmly said interrupting Tao, leaving right after.

Suho made his way down to their room, pushing himself past the crowds of people. In no time he made it to the room, but when he tried to open the door he couldn’t get it to open. Beads of sweat formed on his forehead as he continued to work on the door, but nothing seemed to make it budge. “BaekHyun!” Suho shouted as he came down to the rooms, water slowly gathering under his feet, making Suho worry. “BaekHyun-” “Suho.” BaekHyun coughed at the sound of ’s voice. “I’m in here.” BaekHyun tried to shout, but it was no use, the blaring noise overpowering his voice, but somehow Suho was able to find him in a different room. “BaekHyun are you okay?” Suho questioned once he reached the room where BaekHyun was. “Yeah, I can’t get the door to open.” BaekHyun answered, his voice scratchy and rough. Suho hesitated not really sure of what he should do. “Hold on.” He said and tried to kick the door open, it almost opening, but never giving in. “I’ll be right back.” Suho said as he spotted an ax a little ahead. He hurried over to get the ax and headed back the water already up to their knees. “Move out of the way.” He firmly said, knowing how dangerous it could be. BaekHyun moved out of the way, a cough escaping as he waited. “There.” Suho smiled slightly once he got the door to open, sweat trickling down as he leaned against the wall tired from the effort. “Come on.” He motioned BaekHyun to follow, before the water could get higher. BaekHyun nodded and followed, but stopped as the ship shook fiercely the lights shutting off momentarily. “Suho?” BaekHyun called out when the light turned back on and Suho was nowhere in sight. The water continued to rise up slowly, making it harder to move through the current. “Suho.” He called, holding on to the sides as he maneuvered his way through, stopping as his eyes locked with a man’s eyes up ahead. His anger apparent as he looked back at BaekHyun. Baekhyun saw what he was doing, but he stood frozen as his eyes fell to the weapon at the man’s hands. The man noticed this and carefully he lifted his weapon pointing it toward Baekhyun and just as he was about to pull the trigger, Suho pulled BaekHyun towards another direction. “Come on, we have to go with the others.” Suho firmly said, clueless of the entire event, only worried for their safety as he pulled BaekHyun along up the stairs until they reached the surface, people around them screaming.