Chapter 3 : Sign of Life

The Nightmare

Chapter 3: Sign of Life

 

Screams could be heard from the corridor of the hospital, nurses and officers trying to get them to stop. “What’s happening over there?” Kris yawned as he rubbed his eyes. Chen sighed as he took a seat next to Kris, “They just found a man with the same resemblance as Bang Shin and if it is him. It could be the reason behind the explosion. Remember…” before he could finish Kris answered. “The three Bangs. Out of all the people they could find alive, it had to be one of them.” Kris said upset as he clenched his teeth. “Don’t worry at least he could go back to where he belongs back in jail. Another thing, they found some survivors that made it to land, so thanks to that new they will be searching the nearby places for any sign of life.” Chen said his tone hopeful as he leaned back into his seat. “T-that’s really good news, I hope the others are okay and something else Xiumin and Chanyeol are out of the danger, and Sehun’s with Tao since he’s getting released today.” Kris half smiled. “Yeah, in no time we will be back in the dorms. I hope they find the others soon.” Chen sighed. “Hey guys come on let’s get something to eat.” Sehun called out from the opposite side of the corridor, Tao standing next to him. Both Kris and Chen nodded as they stood up from their seats as they walked over to the two.

MEANWHILE…

“It’s already been a day, you don’t think the others are trying to look for us too?” DO yawned as he shook his head slapping himself lightly, “and can I go to sleep now?” he asked looking from Lay to Luhan. Both of them nodded, “Yeah, you could have a couple hours ago.” Luhan laughed, Lay joining in. “Why didn’t you tell me.” DO sighed as he went over to the little place they set up as a bed, immediately falling asleep. “Any sign of the others?” Luhan asked as he glanced at Lay. Lay shook his head, “No, all I found were empty suitcases and some coconuts.” Luhan frowned as he turned away, “I’ll go take a look before it gets dark.” He said as he walked out of the little shack. “Okay and if anything, come back hear.” Lay said before Luhan left completely. Luhan nodded and with that he walked away. “If we have been here for two days already they wouldn’t be along the shore, maybe I should check in the forest.” He thought as he looked around, nodding as he made his decision.

Luhan went into the tropical forest not sure what to expect. The noises around him putting his nerves on the edge. He didn’t know how long he had been walking when he finally came across a familiar body, gasping as he covered his mouth, tears in his eyes. “J-ji H-hoo…” he cried as he stepped back collapsing to the floor. “W-w-hy…j-ji Hoo hyung…” he cried as he put his head down, tears staining his face, but when he put his head down his eyes fell on the small clothe next to his hand. “Baekhyun was here.” He breathed, wiping away his tears as he lifted the cloth and with that little cloth, he forced the pain of losing Ji Hoo their on scene medical personell, their friend, to the back of his mind and looked around, trying to see if he could spot him anywhere. “Baekhyun!” he called out as he got up on his feet, looking on the ground to see any clue of where he could have gone. He frowned when he got no response and then he noticed a broken branch. Quickly he hurried over in that direction looking around as he trudged on looking for any sign of Baekhyun. “Baekhyun!” he called out again as he came to a stop continuing to look around at his surroundings. Then as he put his head down he could see shoe prints on the dried sand. “There must have been mud before.” He thought as he stared at the shoe prints. They looked too big to be Baekhyun’s or any of the other members, but at least he had hope now. “I should go back its getting dark maybe tomorrow when DO wakes up, we can come look again.” Luhan thought before he sprinted back from where he came from. Somehow he found his way out and made it back to Lay, a small smile on his lips. “Lay, Baekhyun’s here too.” He said holding up the cloth he held in his hand. “It’s part of his shirt. Did you see him? Where did you find this?” Lay asked as he took the cloth from Luhan. Luhan shook his head, “No, but he was with Ji Hoo Hyung in the forest.” He finished as tears fell from his eyes. “No don’t tell me he’s…” Lay said out of shock and before he could finish, Luhan nodded confirming his thoughts. Lay stood there shocked, tears staining his face as he numbly sat on a chair like rock. “Why won’t they hurry up in finding us?” Lay cried as he buried his face in his hands. “We all want that I know.” Luhan cried trying to wipe his tears away only to be replaced by new ones. “Don’t worry though we will get rescued…I hope.” Luhan breathed.