Feeling More Than Perfect

Strictly No Commitment

“See you Minseok!” Kyungsoo waved to his friend.

“See you tomorrow ‘Soo!” He waved back, the door closing and Baekhyun moving onto Jongdae, out of earshot of everyone else.

“So so so?” He insisted.

“What do you want me to say?” Jongdae shrugged feeling like he was back at high school.

“That you have a crush on Minseok it’s painfully obvious to all of us.”

“Oh my god, really?” Jongdae said shamefully, putting his face in his dishtowel, a consequence of it being in his hands.

“Oh calm down, it’s not that bad. I don’t think Suho knows yet.”

“Really?”

“Of course he does!” Baekhyun exclaimed, trying not to punch himself in the face.

“Oh my god…”

“I don’t see what your big problem is,” Baekhyun began, swivelling around on his tartan cushion and resting on the bar, “I mean, I’m dating Chanyeol, Luhan and Jongin are... well, Luhan and Jongin. And watch this.” He said, pointing to Sehun who was walking over to Kyungsoo.

“You ready to go?” He asked.

“Yeah, let me just freshen up and then we can go.” Kyungsoo said, placing an awkward peck to Sehun’s cheek, lips not quite touching but it was the effort that counted.

“See?” Baekhyun said to Jongdae, who was really not expecting Kyungsoo and Sehun to be involved in that way.

“Wow OK…” Jongdae said, voice trailing off as Sehun came to sit with them.

“Hey guys, what you talking about?”

“Jongdae’s love-from-a-distance affair with Minseok.” Baekhyun said, turning Jongdae into a colour akin to a fresh tomato.

“Oh, how’s that working out by the way?” Sehun said leaning over to face Jongdae.

“Not well.” Baekhyun answered, Jongdae still unable to make words.

“Congratulations to you and Kyungsoo by the way, making it all the way to ‘come home with me’ base.” Baekhyun said with three little claps.

“Forgot what number you labelled that base?” Sehun cheeked with a sly laugh.

“You got me.” Baekhyun smiled. Kyungsoo came from the bathroom poking at his hair to get it just right as he looked around for and found Sehun.

“Ready to go now?” he smiled.

“Yup. See you guys later!” Kyungsoo waved, he and Sehun coiling arms around each other in unison. Jongdae spoke first when they left.

“Aww they’re so cute.” He said with baby fists in his cheeks.

“They won’t last.” Baekhyun said pessimistically as he jumped down and began tossing the stools back on top of the bar.

“What do you mean?” Jongdae protested with the seriousness of a lawyer in court.

“Because Sehun is, as I said, testing the waters and he’s also Kyungsoo’s rebound.” Baekhyun said painfully.

“Well you never know, they could find real love with each other, it’s like fate could bring them together~” Jongdae said. Baekhyun held a bar stool sideways in his hands, careful not to drop the cushion and just stared at Jongdae as if to say ‘what the honest was that?’.

“And I thought Luhan was a hopeless romantic.” Baekhyun said, Jongdae not quite understanding, as he had never met this Luhan.

“What can I say? I’m a er for a good, feminist love story at night.” Jongdae admitted brashly.

“Guess something’s gotta float your boat.” Baekhyun smiled, finally tipping the stool in his hands.

“I miss work.” Luhan admitted.

“Don’t utter such blasphemy in this house please.” Jongin said sitting in front of the fan that they bought yesterday from the department store, which they seemed to be living in more than their actual flat at the moment.

“It’s true though, I miss the routine.” Luhan said, wiping down the kitchen counter in an effort to try and connect with his inner work-o-holic.

“Do you remember how stressed you were last week though? Maybe I should pick up some of your shifts from now on…” Jongin suggested, fanning his singlet to get some extra airflow over his body.

“No it’s fine, just the stress of renovating and moving, not to mention money is tight since we are saving for all the furniture we need. I’ll be OK next week.” Luhan smiled, bending down and slipping his hands up Jongin’s body as he hugged him. One thing (among many more things) that Jongin loved about Luhan was that he was usually cold whilst Jongin was usually warm which made cuddling at any time a fabulous thing; they cuddled a lot. It also helped a lot since he was practising in the studio and getting sweaty a lot of the time, saving them a lot in the water bill where Jongin would usually be bathing but could instead just go to Luhan. On top of that, it did wonders for their life.

“Alright. Let me shower before we go out and buy…?” Jongin dragged on.

“We just need a shoe stand, dresser and bath mats which I can go buy on my own.” Luhan smiled.

“Ugh, still so much to buy.” Jongin said, pulling Luhan up with himself as they stood talking now.

“Well the shoe stand will be small, and the dresser will be flat packed so those can go in the truck and then I’ll drop you and then the furniture off and I’ll go buy mats since the store is on the other side of town.”

“Okay, I’ve got rehearsals today so I’ll skip the shower.” Jongin said, pressing a kiss to Luhan’s lips, something innocent and purely affectionate.

“Let’s go then.” Luhan said as the two proceeded the only way they knew how. Every time they would go somewhere, Jongin would scoop Luhan up by the hips and pull him in, their steps becoming synchronised and Luhan would more often than not rest his head in Jongin’s chest. They did this even now as Luhan reached for the keys in the same key bowl from their old apartment, neither having the heart to have to find a suitable replacement.

When they had finished their shopping, it was already too late to start unpacking and assembling, as Jongin had reminded Luhan of his rehearsals which were in twenty minutes time. They expediently rushed all the furniture into the kitchen and also by the door and hopped back in the car, Jongin freshening himself up with the deodorant he had left in Luhan’s front compartment.

“I’ll see you tonight baby, I’ll call when rehearsals are done.” Jongin said, swaying with Luhan in the wind outside their car.

“Have fun Okay? Say hi to Minzy for me!” Luhan beamed.

“Will do.” Jongin said, kissing Luhan against the car door and Luhan smiling as he could feel Jongin try to sneak his tongue in, Luhan not letting him, smiling he was so proud he’d managed to keep a clear head and do that. It was then that a young girl about Sehun’s age of nineteen walked past and made a disgusting ‘ugh’ noise as she stared at Luhan and Jongin, the younger boy too deep into the kiss to notice her. Luhan had to supress immediate tears, putting hands on Jongin’s chest and telling him to go.

“You’ll miss your class otherwise.” Luhan lied. He felt so horrible, he could barely look Jongin in the eye; something that didn’t go unnoticed.

“Everything okay?”

“It’s fine, you should go.” Luhan said, stopping Jongin’s hand as he tried to grab his chin in that soft way he was far too good at.

“Alright, call you later then.” Jongin said, mouthing ‘I love you’ as he walked away smiling. Luhan struggled but managed to crack a smile across his face, no matter how small it was. He fumbled with his keys as he got back into the drivers seat and waving at Jongin who was still looking his way, finally letting all the tears loose as Jongin disappeared into the campus. He cried for ten solid minutes before solemnly turning the key and heading home; he needed to be alone for this.

The tears stopped by the first corner he turned after dropping Jongin off which wasn’t that far away, but the second the apartment door slammed shut Luhan dropped the mats he’d spent so long buying, fell into their bed and let his body rack with sobs he’d regretted holding back. He grabbed a pillow, not really caring which one it was as there was no definitive ‘sides’ of the bed and pulled it into his chest, smelling the new sheets they’d bought together. Jongin was quick to leave that raw smell of caramel behind and it helped Luhan ease the cramps in his stomach and his back. He let his phone ringing, seeing as it was Chanyeol and he didn’t feeling like communicating with anyone outside of his window.

The phone rang a few more times, Luhan only checking once he’d ignored a vehement series of them to see who it was from. Three were from Jongin, three from Chanyeol, one from Baekhyun and then two more from Jongin after that. Luhan felt that ignoring them might have been a bit rash at this point. What Luhan wasn’t expecting was for the front door to open and slam shut with a fury behind the hand of the deed. Luhan cringed at the noise and looked to see Jongin in a sweaty rage, storming into the bedroom and drawing Luhan rather roughly into his chest, Luhan smelling the sweet deodorant of his mixed with his own over-worked odour which Luhan actually much preferred at times.

“Who did this to you?” His voice cracked. The sensory overload was too much for Luhan to handle, his body giving out under the stress as he burst into tears and sobbed out loud, the piercing noise in a quiet apartment tearing Jongin apart but he felt breaking down would be a bad idea given Luhan was bracing himself against him, physically and emotionally.

“It,” Luhan sniffed, swallowing the lump in his throat before continuing, “it was when you were kissing me on the car.” Luhan explained about the girl about Sehun’s age of nineteen and how she had walked past and made the disgusting ‘ugh’ noise. “I don’t know if she goes to your school or not.” He said, wiping his nose on the corner of the pillow.

“Well if she does I’m going to hunt her and bash her homophobic brains into a wall.” Jongin snarled.

“You don’t have to do that.” Luhan said in that recovering-teary smile. They sat there for a while; Luhan too emotionally exhausted and in need of a recovery until he could feel his stomach beginning to churn like an angry tumble dryer. “Want me to cook dinner?” he joked, knowing that Jongin would never dare let him in this condition.

“I’ll try and make something that won’t kill us.” He replied, the both of them smiling and Luhan even letting a short chuckle escape.

“Can we not eat yet? Unless your hungry that is, because then-”

“What is it Lu?” Jongin asked straight out.

“Can we put something together?”

“You mean some of the furniture?” Jongin was surprised at the request.

“Yeah, can we do the dresser? I don’t think you’re as used to dressing out of a duffel bag as I am.” Luhan said making Jongin laugh and at the same time feel easier.

Luhan didn’t really do much of the assembly, dropping tools and even hitting his thumb with a hammer once, to which Jongin responded in kind by kissing it along with Luhan’s mouth and neck to make it much better. Instead he just handed Jongin nuts and bolts from tiny bowls with labels underneath them on torn pieces of paper. Half way through the third of four drawers Jongin made him laugh with a terrifyingly corny of his singlet which he then threw on to Luhan’s head and by the time he’d pulled it off, Jongin was already to close to push away as he kissed him, Luhan feeling no shame this time as he was even the one poking for a tonguing, something he was sadly denied.

“We should finish this.” Jongin said, “Number four please?” Jongin said, referring to the bowls again, Luhan handing it to him by the time he’d sat back down.

“Here you are.”

“I would kiss you ‘thank you’, but then we’d get no work done.” Jongin winked.

“Wow, Kim Jongin what happened to you? Putting work before sticking your tongue somewhere else.” Luhan joshed.

“Don’t get your hopes up, it’s just for now.” Jongin said sticking his tongue out.

Jongdae wasn’t really looking at the lock as he tried (emphasis on tried) to open the door with his sleepy eyes closed. He’d been up late last night with Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Kyungsoo and Sehun and it didn’t help that he didn’t sleep for more than an hour at a time afterwards from 12AM to 5AM when he eventually had to give up and start getting ready. Minseok wasn’t able to make it last night, much to Baekhyun’s disappointment and Jongdae’s relief; he didn’t think he could keep his cool if Minseok had been there.

“Need help?” Baekhyun asked from behind him.

“Oh, no I’m okay.” Jongdae said, struggling to look at Baekhyun with the sun behind his general direction.

“Well then hurry up.” Baekhyun smiled, lightly shoving Jongdae out the way with his and unlocking the door for him; something Chanyeol wasn’t too pleased to see.

“Hey Jongdae.” He said in a monotone.

“Hey…” He said wiping his eyes of sleep and going inside after Chanyeol had. Sehun came in just as Chanyeol and Baekhyun had finished with the dinner chairs and he started with the bar stools. Jongdae said he would do the mopping this morning, but after five minutes of mopping the same patch of floor Sehun stopped him, fearful for Jongdae to wear a hole in the floor.

“Why don’t you have a coffee Jongdae? You still look tired.” Sehun told him. “It really does work wonders.”

“Think I might just, thanks.” Jongdae said, handing Sehun the mop and staggering over to the coffee machine.

“Look who’s back!” A voice called from the door, standing sassily in a waiter’s uniform.

“Luhan!” Baekhyun cried, doing what Baekhyun did best and nearly bowling him over with a hug.

“Hey, miss me?” Luhan asked, hearing Chanyeol and Jongin man it out behind them.

“Not as much as you’d think.” Baekhyun chortled, “Jongdae’s been super awesome though, he’s behind the bar now.” Baekhyun said pointing over to the coffee machine. Luhan decided it best to introduce himself, tapping Sehun on the shoulder as he walked past.

“Hey you.” He said, hugging Sehun tightly as Sehun dropped the mop and hugged him back.

“How’s the flat looking? All done?” Sehun asked.

“Yeah, I’m saving the shoe rack for when you guys come over, figure you could help me with that.” Luhan said smiling.

“Haha, sure.” Sehun said, the two not realising until now they were still hugging, only instead of the way Luhan and Jongin hug (around the neck and waist respectively) they were still behind each others ears and on each others shoulders, until a voice called for Sehun from the door.

“Hey hon!” The voice called, coming over to see Sehun as quick as it could.

“Kyung!” Sehun said as the two met each other at the waist and dove in to a long kiss that Luhan hadn’t expected, catching Kyungsoo’s eye by accident.

“Oh wow,” Luhan said, taken a bit aback, “I didn’t know, you two…”

“Yeah, I don’t know how it happened either. I guess we just both found each other after a rough time.” Sehun said, sticking to Kyungsoo as they pressed cheeks.

“Well I’m glad for both of you.” Luhan said choking on his words. “Oh, look at me getting all teary.” He joked, welcoming the limp arm to his hip that he didn’t have to check to be completely sure who it was.

“What’s going on?” Jongin asked, looking to Luhan and brushing his hair because well, he could.

“Kyungsoo and Sehun.” Luhan said, looking over to the other two and smiling.

“Oh, well done.” Jongin said coolly.

“Yeah, I was just telling Luhan, it feels… just right.” Kyungsoo said, looking to Sehun, the two smiling brightly.

“Well I’m glad you two are happy.” Luhan said, looking to Jongin. “We should really get to work, hey?”

“I’ll leave it to you.” Jongin said winking. It didn’t take two seconds until Jongin laid a firm smack on Luhan’s rear, the older letting out an otherworldly cry.

“JONGIN!” Luhan cried out.

“WHAT ABOUT HIM?” Suho yelled back.

“NEVER MIND.” Jongin told him.

Work was slow today, but not on the customer front. Luhan just felt like he was pouring hours of work into minutes, getting orders dispatched as soon as they hit the ‘outbox’ as they liked to call it and mixing drinks in thirty seconds max. He’d attributed the phenomenon to having five waiters on the floor, and he was beginning to get bored.

“Hey Baekhyun? Could you and Jongin hop behind the bar for me?”

“Sure, how come?” Baekhyun asked, dropping his last plate off.

“I want to try something.” And sure enough Luhan was right. He, Jongdae and Sehun picked up the pace the way it should be, Baekhyun seeming to enjoy the break and Jongin definitely having no objections. Luhan liked working the floor, he got to move around and do something. Tending the bar had its’ merits for sure but Luhan liked to stay on the move and being active. Jongin called the last few tables out with closing table, Jongdae feeling a little queasy at what he had to do now. He knocked twice before Suho gave him the permission to enter, Suho immediately standing and dropping everything he was doing when he saw it was Jongdae.

“Oh, hey. I mean, hello.” Suho stuttered.

“Hey uhm, I take it today’s my last day huh?” Jongdae said biting his lip.

“Oh, yeah. I’m sorry. I’m sure your eager to get back to other job though. Thanks for covering for Luhan, I’m sure it means a lot to him.” Suho smiled.

“Haha I hope he’s gotten his flat all sorted now. It was really nice working here, and thank you for looking after me.” Jongdae smiled.

“Oh, it was nothing!” Suho said, stuffing sweaty palms into his jeans.

“Thank you anyway.” Jongdae said.

“You know, if you’re willing to discuss pay you could uhm…” Suho went bright in the face before finishing his sentence properly, “you could work here. I-I mean, if you wanted to.”

“Oh my gosh, really?! That’s just… Yay!!” Jongdae didn’t know how to respond, he was that thrilled.

“Well you know, you seemed pretty happy waiting tables over these last few days so…”

“Yeah… When do I start?” Jongdae asked, b with over-excitement.

“Well I’ll have to draw up a new roster, so if it’s not too much trouble I can e-mail it…” Suho said, blushing again.

“Oh no, it’s fine! Do you have a pen?”

“Oh, sure!” Jongdae wrote down his e-mail, thanked Suho again and they awkwardly parted ways, for now.

“Jongdae!” Luhan said from the bottom of the stairs. As Jongdae came to the first step he saw Luhan holding out a present with a neat ribbon tied on it. Everyone who was curious (including Jongin surprisingly) gathered around to farewell Jongdae and see what Luhan had bought him.

“Oh my gosh Luhan, you really didn’t have to!”

“Are you kidding? Because of you, Jongin and I could finally get our life on track! I can’t thank you enough, but I hope this will do.” Jongdae was going to start getting teary. The present was rectangular and soft on three sides, so it couldn’t be a box of any sort. He tried to shake it to everyone’s amusement but nothing happened. He decided on opening it for answers, and low and behold,

“50 Shades of Grey?! Oh my gosh!!” Jongdae screamed, giving Luhan a clouting bear hug.

“To be honest I wasn’t sure if you owned it yet. Baekhyun told me you had a soft spot for trashy love stories, so.” Luhan smiled, patting Jongdae’s back as he continued to hug him.

“Well I’m not sure if it falls under the trashy genre, but I’ll have to give it a read just to make sure.” Jongdae said suggestively.

“All of us also wanted to ask one last thing of you…” Baekhyun said, everyone clearing throats and standing tautly.

“We want you to come and work here!” Luhan announced cheerily as Jongin and Chanyeol released two party poppers of confetti over Jongdae’s hair.

“Oh guys, that’s so sweet! But to tell you the truth…” Everyone held their breath as Jongdae took a pause. “Suho hired me two minutes ago!”

“OH MY GOD SUHO?! PARTY POOPER!” They all cried, Jongdae breaking into a small laugh.

“But thank you guys anyway, I would have definitely said yes if you guys had asked as well.”

“Shall we pour some drinks?” Jongin said, poised over a glass of something toxically alcoholic and a shot glass.

“Oh, thanks Jongin but I really should get home and sleep.” Jongdae said apologetically.

“That’s okay, you really look like you need it.” Luhan said rubbing an affectionate hand over his shoulder. Jongdae was walked to his car by Baekhyun and Chanyeol who were heading in the same direction, whilst Luhan and Sehun were left to pack up, Kyungsoo sitting at the bar and Jongin throwing down the last of three shots before sitting with Kyungsoo.

“Hey.” The smaller one said.

“Hey.”

“Shouldn’t you be helping?” Kyungsoo joked, pointing to his own boyfriend.

“Shouldn’t you?” He smiled, turning around to watch Luhan’s behind flex in his work pants.

“True.” Kyungsoo smiled, Jongin still staring Luhan’s pants down.

“Jongin stop scaring Kyungsoo.” Sehun called.

“Sorry mate.” Jongin said, looking over to Kyungsoo with a sideways head. “Your boyfriend is very good to you.”

“He is.” Kyungsoo smiled, feeling awkward that Sehun was so protective and also his own general insecurities about his own smile.

“Try not to break him okay?” Jongin said, maybe a little too sternly, maybe not, as he walked past to collect Luhan on their way out.

“See you Kyungsoo! Bye Sehun!” Luhan called as he was pulled along.

“Hey baby.” Sehun said in a low voice as he and Kyungsoo put heads and hands together.

“Hey.” Kyungsoo reciprocated the same sultry tone.

“You okay?”

“Yeah, you?”

“I’m more than perfect now.” Sehun winked, Kyungsoo smiling and reaching in for a kiss, which was more than welcomed by the other party.

“Well if you’re feeling perfect enough, maybe when we get home…” Kyungsoo teased, stopping Sehun on the sidewalk to play with the buttons on his shirt.

“Oh gosh I’m definitely more than perfect now.”


A/N: Woah, double update! What the hell am I doing?! ;) Sorry if it was really long, but you guys really wanted Kyungsoo and to be honest, I WANTED KYUNGSOO SO HERE ♥ For you my loverlies. Who loved SeSoo though? I didn't even ship them until I wrote them and then my feels just went BOOM! Hoped you really did love it ☺ Comment, subscribe, up-vote because deep down... You know you want to ;) ㅋ ㅋ ㅋ ㅋ Thank you for reading~~

         >>> Here is my tumblr, scarletk21.tumblr.com, my twitter, @ScarletK21 and my ask.fm, ScarletK21 ✯
                  > All of it is pretty much K-Pop. Feel free to drop me a message or a question, I'm always happy to chat ◕‿◕