One Week Earlier

Strictly No Commitment

 

            “Things have changed so much recently, don’t you think?”

 

            “That’s awful deep of you Chanyeol.” Baekhyun answered, doing a quick accident-avoid swerve around the question.

 

            “I’m a musician, what can I say?” He shrugged cutely. “But seriously, I mean, so many people have started working here-”

 

            “Myself included.” Baekhyun interjected.

 

            “-and Jongin actually got into university and settled down.” Chanyeol added.

 

            “Now that was something I would never have thought.”

 

            “Not to mention you met my Mother for the first time.” Chanyeol said, stopping Baekhyun before the door of the bar.

 

            “Oh god,” Baekhyun said stunned, “that.”

 

1 WEEK EARLIER

 

Chanyeol had Baekhyun by the wrist in his unyielding hands and halfway down the driveway of their shared flat.

 

            “Channie I don’t want to go!” Baekhyun screeched vehemently. “I’m not the parents-favourite’s type.”

 

            “Oh come on it won’t be that bad you big wuss. And she’s not an evil witch for god sakes.” Chanyeol huffed calmly. “Well, not all of the time.” He admitted. “And no one could ever hate you, ever.”

 

            “I’d rather burn at the stake as a martyr for my country!” He protested.

 

            “I should never have let you watch that documentary on Joan of Arc.”

 

A half hour drive later and into Incheon by 11:30AM, Baekhyun had finally run dry of reasons to not leave the house today until Chanyeol’s rust bucket cried as it scraped the curb on the driveway to his sister’s house. Baekhyun didn’t really take in much of the architecture of the house, instead burying raging fingernails into his palms, his compulsive need to keep his hands immaculate taking backseat to the fury at this arrangement.

 

            “Do we have to-”

 

            “Yes we do Baekhyun, now chill OK?” Baekhyun trusted in the better judgement of Chanyeol, taking his hand and wrapping around his arm for support.

 

            ‘This is not going to be enjoyable. Not in the least.’

 

            “Channie, come in!” Yura said, hugging her younger brother tightly before bringing the two inside. “Hey Baekhyun.” She said after, hugging him as well and giving him a familial kiss on the cheek.

 

            “How’ve you been Yura?” He asked, after the three had exchanged greetings.

 

            “I’m good, what about you two?” Yura was cut off by her muscle man coming into the equation.

 

            “Hey, Baekhyun!” The extremely taller man said, giving Baekhyun probably the only accurately described bear-clout hug in the entire story.

 

            “Hey Dongjun, how’s you?” Baekhyun said in between breaths.

 

            “Good, yourself? Oh, hey Chanyeol.”

 

            “Yo.” He replied, the scene being a clear example of the unspoken, mutual understanding between men. Understanding of what exactly, no one really knows. Before Baekhyun could answer, he was cut of a second time by a small elder in a tailored power suit with paints and black leather heels making what seemed to be the majority of her height. Needless to say, Chanyeol did not inherit his height from his mother’s side of the family.

 

            “Hello Chanyeol, Baekhyun.” She nodded. “It’s nice to finally meet you.”

 

            “Likewise.” Baekhyun said clearly. No one moved for a while before Dongjun suggested everyone sit down and Yura asked what the couple wanted to drink.

 

            “Soda please.”

 

            “Nothing for me sis.” Bodies found seats and Chanyeol’s mother found herself on the far end of the counter, the boys lining up with Chanyeol, Dongjun and Baekhyun in order of closest to furthest. Proximity was something Baekhyun wanted to keep long between himself and Chanyeol’s mother.

 

            “I don’t like you dragging Baekhyun into this, mother.” Chanyeol said, with an eloquence Baekhyun had yet to hear until now. He’d never heard him refer to her as anything else than ‘mother’; a cold reality for sure.

 

            “Well he should hear what I have to say just as much as your should dear.” She said, sipping her water cautiously.

 

            “I don’t like it either, can I leave?”

 

            “Oh nonsense, this won’t take long.” She affirmed.

 

            “This has already taken too long.” He muttered, but not skilfully enough to avoid detection.

 

            “We aren’t exactly part of the family here nan, maybe Baekhyun and I should sit this one out.”

 

            “Oh that’s true but you seem to have woven yourselves conveniently into my children’s lives, you might as well be here for this.” It was for this reason that Baekhyun would rather bathe in liquid nitrogen than be in the same city, much less the same kitchen as his ‘mother-in-un-law’.

 

She had already inflicted Baekhyun with the (accurate) perception of her having an insipid manor, and the uncanny ability of putting down everyone in the room, without even having to point fingers or mention names. She had a persistent talent for insinuating malice in people where there was none. Baekhyun thought that’s what made her such a successful business tycoon, but on the hand, it could just be her dogged need to track every single god-damned penny that went in and out of her bank accounts, personal or work related.

 

            “Mother, can we just please move on.” Yura insisted, as she displayed the same quality as Chanyeol; to seem to ask something but really to insist on it.

 

            “Yes dearest.” she said, revealing her affection for her favoured offspring, “Now Chanyeol you remember the day you came out to your father and I?”

 

            “Vividly.” Chanyeol spat furiously.

 

            “And your father and I cut you off from your trust fund?”

 

            “Mum.” Yura hissed.

 

            “And out of your will.” Chanyeol growled.

 

            “Wha-?!” Baekhyun choked on the words, he and Dongjun sharing a horrified stare.

 

            “Yes, that too.” She added, nonchalantly, “Anyhow, your father and I have reconsidered giving you your fund and putting you back in the will for a property or two and some other minor titbits as well.”

 

            “As long as?” Chanyeol didn’t miss the catch that was obviously part of the deal.

 

            “As long as…” It was Chanyeol’s (and Yura’s) first time seeing their mother ever hesitate to finish a sentence and before she did finish it they both knew why.

 

            “No… Mom, no you can’t.” Yura murmured, bracing on the counter and looking to her mother and aiming to play on whatever compassion was left in her heart. “Please…”

 

            “As long as you and Baekhyun find separate places to live and you never attempt to contact each other ever again after today.” Yura was the first to react, clinging a small hand over , and horrified beyond belief at how far her mother had gone this time. Dongjae was silent, but his body recoiled backward at the blatant ultimatum and stared at Mrs. Park. Chanyeol only slammed a fist down in the counter, catching his mother off of her guard, and moving no further.

 

Baekhyun didn’t know how he reacted in those first few seconds, but he did remember the blur of the hallways, corridors and rooms he’s raced through until he’d found the bathroom. Sickness stirred in his guts; the first wretch had ended breakfast, and by the third last nights dinner was gone and from there on it was all dry wretching.

 

Dongjun patted his back surprisingly gently for a man of his size, muscle and stature as Baekhyun knelt hobbled over the toilet. He felt like a miniscule, lost cause to the world right now given that most of his feelings and what felt like his brain were spiralling down the drain right now and the alkali taste of mouthwash was swilling in his cheeks.

 

            “You feel like you’re going to throw up again?” Dongjun asked. Baekhyun collapsed a head in his abs (because that’s just how tall Dongjun is) and the latter putting his arms around Baekhyun’s back to support him, even though he could be a ticking vomit bomb at current.

 

            “No I’m OK.” He lied. His stomach had stopped bludgoning his other internal organs around but he wanted to cry like a baby wanted its’ mother, the desire being entirely overwhelming. He didn’t know exactly how long he and Dongjun sat on the couch after that waiting for the arguing to stop. They felt like brothers, eavesdropping on angry parents whose marriage was at an imminent failure and to some extent, that’s exactly what was happening. After a while Dongjun pulled out his phone and earphones and they drowned out the shouts and yelling with Fruit Ninja and H.O.T.

 

Baekhyun missed spending time with Dongjun like this. He and Yura had been dating not that long when Baekhyun had met him on his second date with Chanyeol, which had been a ‘convenient coincidence’, ending in a double date. Today may have been both of their first times meeting Mrs. Park, but both of them knew of her poisonous prejudice against anyone who wasn’t from one of the wealthiest families in Asia.

 

Given that Yura had disappointed her parents with Dongjun after Chanyeol’s open-closet bombshell (Dongjun not being inhumanly rich being the only criteria not ticked), the Park family had not given her the treatment Chanyeol had received. Though that didn’t their parents from frequently reminding her that it was, quote, “not appropriate for a woman of her class to associate with a man of his calibre, or lack there of”.

 

Dongjun gave Baekhyun a tap on the shoulder as he looked to the door way at someone, Baekhyun turning from his position on the floor to see it was Chanyeol, face littered with pent-up tears finally finding liberty in the pores of his cheeks, some driven to the edge and jumping out of desperation. He came right for Baekhyun, bending down and curling arms around his chest. Baekhyun began to rise along with Chanyeol, and with his feet now off the floor and arms firm around his shoulders, Chanyeol carried him out the door and into the car.

 

            “Your mother seems perfectly vile.” Baekhyun said in history’s worst attempt at lightening the mood. He felt the utter uselessness of the attempt in the G-forces they began to add to the already dangerous level they were pulling, Chanyeol’s foot clearly trying to touch the road through the pedals and the floor.

 

            “She’s a peach.” Chanyeol said equally, if not more sarcastically than Baekhyun. He split a hand through his orange mess of hair, and unwound the window for air. Baekhyun usually protested to his hair being flung around like a cat in a bag from the wind, but now was really not the time.

 

Baekhyun was upset with himself, because given how angry Chanyeol had to have been, how sadistic and selfish his mother’s intentions must have been, all Baekhyun thought about was how awkward it was to sit in the car with a Chanyeol who was a hairs’ length from falling over the edge. Anything Baekhyun would and did say went through one ear and out the other for the entire car ride.

 

The ignition died down and Baekhyun’s arm was indolently caught as he tried to leave the car.

 

            “I’m sorry for her. I’m sorry she put you through that.” Chanyeol said. His head was stiff in his own chest though it did not obstruct Baekhyun’s view of the tears tracking down his face. “I would never… Never leave you for the money Baekhyun.”

 

            “I love you. More than anything, I’ll have you know.” He smiled, craning Chanyeol’s neck up to look at him as the words came out. Chanyeol and Baekhyun were in too deep in this relationship for this to be the first time either of them had said those three words but that didn’t stop the weight of the world from falling off of Chanyeol’s shoulders in an instant.

 

            “I love you too baby… I, I-”

 

            “Shhh… Baby, don’t cry.”

 

            “I am so sorry for what she tried to pull, we hadn’t even been there ten minutes and she tries something like that-”

 

            “Chanyeol,” Baekhyun said in all earnest, “don’t apologise for her. Rather, feel sorry for her. If she can’t accept you for who you are and retreats to that sort of behaviour then she is clearly deprived of some basic and vital human attributes, common sense and compassion for starters.”

 

            “I’ll never leave you Baekhyun… I want you to know I promise you that. I’ll buy you a ring if you want, I’ll buy you a freaking continent if you wanted me to prove it.” Words began to become intermittent between sobs of breaks.

 

            “You don’t have to promise me anything Channie you know that.”

 

PRESENT

 

Baekhyun checked through the window for signs of life in the bar, seeing Luhan and Jongin on opposite sides of said establishment, Jongin tending to the fire as always with Luhan taking down the chairs from the table tops; nothing obviously out of at current.

 

            “Good morning all.” Baekhyun said in an inherently criminal singsong voice. He was only faced with Jongin sending evil eyes at Luhan, who looked from his chair, to Jongin and back with nary a shrug or reaction to the clearly acid scorn upon himself. This was Baekhyun’s first hint.

 

            “How is everyone this morning?”

 

            “Baby, that’s probably not a good ide-” Chanyeol began to whisper.

 

            “Fine!” Jongin spat. Baekhyun was a bit taken aback, but continued to walk to Luhan and help with the chairs.

 

            “I’m well thank you.” Luhan smiled, “How are you?” Baekhyun didn’t expect Luhan to be so calm. He was smiling too much, and Baekhyun knew something was wrong.

 

            “I’m alright, is everything-”

 

            “LUHAN WON’T HAVE WITH ME!” Jongin said, nearly crying. Chanyeol came to Jongin’s aid and comforted him, and Baekhyun looked to Luhan for answers.

 

            “What happened now?”

 

            “It’s not my fault OK!” Luhan said, sounding like he was about to cry.

 

            “Not your fault? MY DISAGREES.”

 

“I think your disagrees more than your .” Chanyeol tried his best not to laugh, but it was clearly not enough. Jongin clapped him around the ear for it and when Baekhyun hit the floor laughing, Luhan pulled the last chair off of the table and effectively pinned Baekhyun under it, the four legs barely containing his torso.

 

            “Oh gosh, just like old times hey Channie?”

 

            “Definitely baby.”

 

            “THIS IS NOT FUNNY.” Jongin screeched.

 

            “Good morning everyone!” Kyungsoo waved from the door, attached to Sehun as always.

 

            “NO IT’S NOT!”

 

*                       *                       *                       *                       *

 

            “Jongin give me some blanket, it’s freezing.” Luhan pined from his side of the bed, hoping to not have to resort to violent clamouring for warmth.

 

            “You’ll have to come over here to get it.”

 

            “Okay.” Luhan crawled over Jongin, who opened the sheets to his word.

 

            “I didn’t think you would do that.”

 

            “I’m putting a embargo on you, not a touch embargo.” Luhan explained.

 

            “And the difference is?”

 

            “You never cease to amaze.”

 

            “I do that with my even better.”

 

            “Can you please just not tonight? I’m exhausted. If you’re my boyfriend aren’t you meant to make me feel bett-” Luhan suddenly realised the hole in his logic, “Forget I said anything actually.”

 

            “It’s not even my fault! I don’t see why you have to take your frustrations out on my libido.”

 

            “OK first, when did you learn such a big word? I am worried.” Jongin was less impressed with that comment, “And second of all it is your fault. You could have showered before coming to bed smelling like a dog that’s been rolling in the mud of its’ own faeces.”

 

            “I was exhausted from rehearsals the least you could have done was be sympathetic and helped me ease up! Besides you always say I’m a thousand times ier when I’m sweaty, I don’t see why you are complaining about it.”

 

            “Actually it’s more like fifty billion times ier, and how does helping you ease up with after serious exercise make sense?”

 

            “Can’t we just have make-up and forget this ever happened?”

 

            “YOUR LOGIC JONGIN.”

 

            “Seriously, you can even top if you want. You can use whatever flavour lube you want, even that strawberry one that burns like hell.” Something Jongin never often agreed to willingly for reasons stated.

 

            “Take your underwear off.” Luhan said, reaching for the second drawer on his bedside table and pulling out said lube.

 

~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~

HELLO DEAREST SUBSCRIBERS, UPVOTERS AND COMMENTERS ♥

Before you ask, I did change my username from 'shineexoticdawn' to 'ScarletK', I apologise for any inconvenience~

Secondly, for all you HOUNDING me for SeSoo, I literally swear on my precious belongings that the NEXT chapter will be SeSoo, promise!!! ♦ ♢ ♦

Thank you for reading, and commenting and upvoting!
Special shout-outs to aisacchi & monarko17 for upvoting, thank you guys so much!

Please continue to support this story, tell your Asian Pop friends about it!!