Auditions

Why me?

A week passed by quickly and everyone was busy getting started on lessons and club activity. Especially Yumi and Yubin who not only had school work and club meetings but also practice for audtions. The two had met up more than usual after school to practice and rehearse over and over again. 

They decided to do a short cover of R.I.P by Rita Ora with Yumi on the vocals and Yubin actually rapping versus she wrote herself. Fortunately for them, they had Sehun to help them out a lot and even take them too the small studio that was reserved for Exo in the entertainment building at school.

The day of the auditions came quickly and both girls were nervous even though it was only obvious on Yumi's part. She had great vocals but she never sang in public before and even though Sehun and Yubin assured her that she sounded great, she still had doubt and worried a lot. Yubin was on the same page as Yumi but she played it off well with her bored expression.

Everyone going to audition sat scattered around the auditorium located in the basement of the entertainment building. There was also some upper classman who came by to watch and see who would make it in. Yumi and Yubin sat in the very front row just behind the judges table where Sehun, Baekhyun, J-hope, and RapMon sat. 

Yumi kept fidgeting in her seat as she glanced around and took in all the people who had come to the auditions. She spotted all the Exo and Bangtan members who sat close by, along with other very well known groups around the school. Her nerves raised even higher as her hands began to sweat.

Yubin kept her face forward out of fear that she'd call it quits if she saw everyone who came. Unconciously both girls reached over and held hands as they tried to breathe normally and calm themselves. 

It didn't matter if they were already guranteed spots because the audition would show them and everyone else what they were made of and if they deserved to be apart of KIS-ent.

Tao walked out on stage and motioned for everyone to get seated and quiet down. "Annyeonghaseyo, I'm sure all of you already know who I am but just in case your new, I'm Kingston's romantic kungfu panda Huang Zitao and it would do you good to remember that name," he introduced himself and winked at the end. Exo along with Bangtan chuckled and scoffed at their friend with prince syndrome. But besides them,Yubin, and Yumi, the rest of the auditorium broke out in loud applause with girls squealing loudly.

Again Tao had to quiet everyone down so that he could begin. "Alright there are quite a few people this year so we'll get started quickly. If I call your name please come onto the stage, introduce yourself, grade, and what you'll be doing."

Act after act walked on stage with only a few good ones who were actually already part of certain groups in the entertainment department, which gave them a big advantage. But there were also some who came on their own that were exceptionally good.

Sehun kept a blank face through each act and it was hard to tell whether or not he liked what he saw or not, his comments were also short and straight forward. Baekhyun on the other hand, gave good feedback and his expressions gave away how he felt. There were times he would either smile brightly or cringe from how terrible the act was. J-hope was the 'nice judge' out of the four as he continued to smile and give positive remarks even to the most horrible tone deaf person. RapMon was just as bad as Sehun, maybe even worse as he was straight forward with very detailed feedback on how the person could of done better.

"Kang Hyunsoo?" Tao called as he walked over to the center of the stage with a scowl on his face. He was beyond aggravated at the last act who had just left the stage. Singing with a puppet is great and all... if you were in a damn childrens show!

Yubin recognized her homeroom partner walk on stage and she rolled her eyes. "Annyeong AO-" before he could finish his introduction he was cutt off by Baekhyun," yah kid. Start your introduction again and introduce yourself formally to  your sunbaes." All 4 judges looked up to glare at the kid who dared to walk on stage and insult them in front of so many people.

AO only smirked and bowed forward a little as he started to introduce himself in a sickly sweet voice," Annyeonghaseyo AO imnida, I'm a first year and I'll be dancing to Just A Dream by Nelly." The music began and AO moved smoothly to the beat of the song.

The auditorium errupted in applause but none of the judges clapped or even tried to look interested. First impressions were everything and this kid just blew it. Sehun only shrugged, Baekhyun said a quick it was ok, while J-hope who was forgiving; gave a small smile and said AO was a great dancer, RapMon agreed with J-hope but added on that he needed to improve his manners.

AO didn't have much to worry about though because he already knew he was in. He was part of the group Lc9 and they were a big influence along with Exo and Bangtan in the entertainment department. But like V, Jimin, Jungkook, Yumi, and Yubin; he still had to show everyone what he was made of. And in this case, he was an awsome dancer with smooth vocals.

Next up were the younger members of BTS. Exo and the older Bangtan members cheered loudly as they were called onto the stage. Yubin and Yumi remained quiet, but deep down they were eager to see them perform as well.

Out in the crowd girls squealed and called out certain names like 'V' or 'Jungkook oppa' and even 'Jiminie'. Yubin couldn't help but scoff, oppa?! Seriously?! Whatever... I don't care!

The boys ended up doing something all together but it wasn't because they wanted to. They had actually procrastinated the past week and didn't come up with much for the audition. It didn't matter much to them anyways because they were constantly practicing with their hyungs. And besides, they already knew they were in.

They performed to a BTS original called 'I like it' as they danced, rapped, and sang. It was a little awkward with just the three of them but it came out good anyways as they rearranged some of the parts between the three of them. 

Sehun didn't even look up from the paper he was doodling on as he gave an ok sign with his fingers. Baekhyun and J-hope had jumped out of their seats as they clapped like seals for their dongsaengs. "Very cool," Baekhyun gave a thumbs up. "Yeah and handsome!" J-hope added on as he tucked his hands together under his chin. RapMon yawned but pointed up at Jimin," yah don't rap ever again. It doesn't suit your voice....especially my parts. Aish jinja.." He pretended to scratch behind his ear in anger. Jimin ducked down in embarrasment as Exo and Bangtan broke out in laughter.

"Okay! Last but not least lets welcome to the stage Binie and Mimi," Tao clapped happily. Yubin and Yumi exchanged looks that could be easily translated as 'what the heck? Why the nicknames?!' But they made their ways onto the stage none the less.

Once they were in the center of the stage Yubin counted to three quietly under her breath before they both bowed down and greeted everyone. Yubin introduced herself first then Yumi introduced herself as she stuttered a little that they would be singing. 

Their song started and immediately Yumi felt the music and pushed aside all her nerves. She shut her eyes tightly as she sang her heart out with each word. Yubin then started on her rap smoothly with a confidence that overflowed. They went on for one more verse and another chorus before ending.

There performance ended and there was a moment of silence as everyone gawked at them. Then a single person in the crowd stood up and clapped followed by another and then pretty soon everyone was clapping.

Sehun smiled proudly at his little sister as he smiled slightly. Baekhyun on the other hand pretended to wipe away an imaginary tear as he mumbled to himself how beautiful their performance was. J-hope made eye contact with Yumi and gave her two thumbs up while RapMon pumped his fist in the air with his dimpled smile across his face.

Yumi and Yubin bowed and made their way off stage and back to their seats. They held each others hands and squealed internally as they smiled brightly at one another.

Yumi turned her attention to the back where she could still clearly make out the face of the person who stood up first to applaud. She blushed a dark pink as she saw him looking right at her and she quickly turned back around. EDen sunbae, Yumi couldn't stop herself from smiling.

Someone close by watched the interaction between Yumi and EDen and he felt like his heart broke into little pieces. He couldn't keep his mind off of her the moment he had seen her again at the summer end party, and even though he thought he would always have a hold on Im Yumi something else was now telling him that he would finally have to make an effort in keeping her.

Park Jimin never made much effort when it came to girls. They would always come to him willingly just like Yumi had. But he was too blind before to realize that Yumi's intentions were pure. And just when he thought he only had his best friend to worry about coming between them, it now hit him that there were plenty of guys out there vying for her attention as well. Yumi-ah I had you first so please don't walk away from me now.. 

Not to far away, actually very close by, someone else couldn't keep his mind off of Rih Yubin even though he refused to look her way. He had never been blown away by girl before the way she blew him away just now with her performance. And just when I was about to convice myself I had no reason to like the ice princess... she goes and does something like this.. Aish! Jeon Jungkook your in deep man..

Both girls were just happy with their performance. They didn't have a single clue about the effect they had on the male population of Kingston. Especially not on certain male individuals. Some of whom would change them forever.