Missing Doll

Beyond Belief: One-shots of Plot Twist

 

~"Jaejoongie, I will leave Bambi here with you today, and I will come back for it tomorrow." Yunho said as he waved goodbye to his best friend.
"Okay, I'll have Bambi ready for you when you when you come back," Jaejoong said, smiling sweetly.~
 
Jaejoong had just become an elementary school teacher. His first day ended with no big surprises, but after class, he noticed a little boy drawing on one of the tables. He walked over to the boy, who he recognized as Changmin, a quiet kid and only hung out with two other kids.
 
"Changmin-ah, why are you still here? School has ended," Jaejoong asked. 
 
"Teacher, I'm looking for Bambi, you said you would give him back to me," Changmin said. 
 
"What? I don't know what you're talking about," Jaejoong said, slightly worried.
 
"It's about a foot high and three white spots on the back," Changmin said.
 
"I don't have any dolls like that," Jaejoong said. 
 
"Yes you do," Changmin said, insistent.
 
"Okay, how about this? I'll go home and search for Bambi and I'll give it to you tomorrow," Jaejoong said.
 
Jaejoong left the school feeling very anxious. He went home and flopped down onto the couch. He must have fallen asleep, because the next thing he heard was the sound of the door unlocking. 
 
"Umma, do you still have the box of toys from when I was younger?" Jaejoong asked. 
 
"Yes, why?" Jaejoong's mother asked. 
 
"I need to find something," Jaejoong said. 
 
Jaejoong and his mom went to the basement and his mom took out the box of toys from Jaejoong's childhood. 
 
"Umma, do you remember a Bambi doll?" Jaejoong asked as he rummaged through the box.
 
Realizing his mother fell silent, he turned to her with a questioning gaze. 
 
"Umma?" Jaejoong asked slightly worried. 
 
"I thought you forgot about it," Jaejoong's mom said. 
 
"What do you mean, forgot?" Jaejoong asked. 
 
"We'll, when you were little, you had a best friend named Jung Yunho. You guys did everything together, from going to school to shopping, to doing homework. Between the house and Yunho's house, there were two sets of everything. One day, you were playing together as always, but this time, Yunho decided to leave Bambi at our house, deciding to come back for it the next day. However, we never saw him or his family again. You were so distraught that you repressed your memories of him." Jaejoong'a mom said. 
 
Jaejoong sat down on the plastic chair, feeling faint. He could feel a headache coming on. He took Bambi from the cardboard box and went to sleep with it, hoping it could clear some things.
 
The next day, Jaejoong went back to the school with Bambi in tow. After school, Changmin came into the room, saying the principal told him Jaejoong wanted to see him. 
 
"Changmin-ah, I have you doll," Jaejoong said.
 
"Yay, this is it," Changmin said, hugging the doll.
 
"Changmin, where are you," a deep voice said, drawing Jaejoong's attention.
 
As the man came in, Jaejoong felt a flash of familiarity. When he saw the face of the man, his memories came rushing back.
 
"Yunho? Is that really you?" Jaejoong asked. 
 
"Jaejoongie, is that you?" Yunho asked. 
 
"Oh my gosh, I haven't seen you in forever," Yumho said, stepping into the room. 
 
"Yunho, is Changmin your kid?" Jaejoong asked.
 
"Ah, yes, I adopted him a while back," Yunho said, noticing the brief flash of dejectedness when he said yes. 
 
"Oh, we'll I was wondering if you would like to have coffee someday. Together, that is," Jaejoong stumbled, face turning a nice shade of pink. 
 
"Yeah, sure, totally," Yunho replied, face equally as pink. 
 
Changmin just watched the scene unfold with a knowing glint in his eye. He could see a beautiful, blossoming relationship with those two. 
 
~finis~
 
A/N: this was done on my iPod touch, so I'm sorry for any mistakes. Thanks for reading, and leave a comment to tell me what you think :) Constructive criticism is always welcome :)