Love Prevails

Beyond Belief: One-shots of Plot Twist

       Jaejoong sat on the window still of the house, playing with the ring on his finger. Yunho. His husband. Jaejoong still got tingles when he said those words. Yunho had been on a business trip in Japan for a week and was due back in two days. Jaejoong couldn’t wait; it was their anniversary in a week. Yunho had promised him a surprise and Jaejoong couldn’t wait.

      

       Yunho parked his car in Yoochun’s garage. Yunho had been staying in Yoochun’s house while in Japan. Yoochun offered his house in place of a hotel. Yunho got out of his car and walked into the house. He greeted Yoochun and went to the guest room. In the guestroom, he called Jaejoong, keeping his promise of calling every day.

 

       “Yunnie, I miss you,” Jaejoong said.

       “I know, boo. I’ll be back before you know it.” Yunho said.

       “Hurry back to me~” Jaejoong said. “I miss you.”

       “I miss you too, boo. Take care,” said Yunho.

       “Bye,” said Jaejoong.

 

       Yunho hung up and showered. It was only 7 pm after his shower so he decided to go out. He drove his car to the nearest town and shopped around. After two hours, it looked like it was going to storm, so Yunho got ready to leave.

 

       Yoochun heard the door open and was greeted by the sight of a dirty, soaking wet Yunho.

 

       “Hey man, everything alright?” Yoochun asked, slightly worried. “It’s really late.”

       Yunho turned to face Yoochun. “Yeah, listen. Can you give this to Jaejoong when you see him?” Yunho asked, giving Yoochun a small box.

       “Sure, man.” Yoochun took the box and placed it safely into a safe.

 

       The next morning, Yoochun woke up to the incessant knocking on his door. He made himself look presentable and opened the door. He was greeted by the Japanese police.

 

       “Hi, Yoochun-san, is it?” one of the officers asked.

       “Yes, what is it?” Yoochun asked, slightly confused.

       “I’m officer Ishikawa and this is my partner officer Kirigakure. There’s been a car accident and the wallet showed you as an emergency contact,” said the taller officer.

       “What happened?” asked Yoochun.

       “I’m very sorry, but Jung Yunho has been in a car accident,” said officer Kirigakure.

       “What? No! That’s impossible, he was here last night,” Yoochun said, growing hysterical.

       “I’m sorry, but Yunho’s time of death has been determined to be 8:45 pm,” said officer Kirigakure.

       Yoochun fell to the floor in disbelief. His mind went blank and the officer’s words just washed over him. After the officers left, Yoochun walked numbly to his safe and opened it. Sure enough, the little box Yunho handed him was there. He called Jaejoong, who probably hasn’t heard the news yet.

 

       “Hi, Jaejoong, I’m so sorry,” Yoochun said.

       “Yoochun? What are you talking about?” Jaejoong asked, worried.

       “It’s Yunho,” Yoochun started, feeling too numb to continue.

       “Yunho? What about him?” Jaejoong asked, growing worried at Yoochun’s unusual behavior.

       “He’s…… He’s been in an accident,” Yoochun said.

       “No, no, it can’t be true!” Jaejoong said, crying.

       “I’m sorry,” Yoochun said.

 

       Yoochun felt horrible. Yunho and Jaejoong were newly married and this tragedy had befallen on them. Jaejoong, on the other hand, took the first plane to Japan and went to Yoochun’s house.

 

       “Hi Jae, I am so sorry,” Yoochun said, as he led Jaejoong into the house.

       “I just don’t know what to do anymore,” said Jaejoong.

 

       Yoochun opened his safe and took the box out. He walked to Jaejoong and handed him the thing Yunho gave to him.

 

       “Here, Yunho said to give this to you,” Yoochun said,

       “What is it?” Jaejoong asked.

       “I don’t know,” Yoochun said, shrugging his shoulders.

      

       Jaejoong opened the box and felt his eyes widen. In the box was a beautiful platinum band with five rose quartz stones in the middle and an inscription in the inside. The inscription read: My Jae, I love you so much May 4, 2010.

 

~Finis~


They say Jaejoong died of a broken heart, but who really knows?

 

 

 

 

A/N: Gah this took me four hours to write. It may or may not have something to do with watching tv while doing so.

Leave a comment below and tell me what  you think. Constructive criticism is always welcome :) Thanks for reading!