It's My Birthday, I'll Cry if I Want To [2]

I'm Just a Dancer...Right?

It's My Birthday, I'll Cry if I Want To [2]

 

 

Author's Note:

Annyeong~, everyone ^^. I apologize for the REALLY out-dated update ;~;. I decided to go on a hiatus because I thought it was unfair promising updates that probably weren't coming due to school and activities. I love my readers very much and do everything I do for their best interests. i know this update is short, but since I'm a GRADUATE from high school and will have days off that are unacompanied by many (also when I'm in college at University of Northern Colorado <3 ), expect updates more often, arasso? And due to the fact that I took an AP English Language course this year, I hope to create better and more visual stories for my wonderful readers~ (: <3 I love you all <3 Saranghae~ and welcome back to my story (: <3

-Monique ^^

[Donghae's POV]

"H-He's dying, Hae."

As I heard those words slip out of , I could feel my heart plumet up my throat and strangle the voice out of me, leaving my mouth agaped at what I just heard. I tried to remain calm, but as Monique said she'd probably have to go back to the states, that's when all the stimulation in my brain pretty much blew out. I understood why she had to go back, but why go back to her brother that should be taken care of by his new family?

But, I knew that would be a selfish question to ask since he was family, but for some reason, it seemed that my mouth wasn't corresponding to my thoughts since it opened up and spit out the worst words I could say in this situation, 

"Why must you go when he was taken to a family, away from you? He's no longer your responsibility..." 

When she pulled away from the hug, I could tell she had been hurt, and the look in her eyes broke my heart, I wanted to slap myself for not having the strength to stop those words from mindlessly tumbling out of my mouth.

"W-What do you mean by 'why must I?' You know as well as I do that he was forcefully taken away from me, neither of us could help it!"

I know...

"M-Monique, I-" She cut me off by holding up a hand, her tears not stopping as her eyes locked with mine, making me feel even more like dirt. Her lip in gently into as she nibbled on the skin as she stared at me for a moment, her hand pressing against my chest to keep me from coming closer to her.

"I can't believe you just said that, Donghae... I... I can't..." She trailed off as if she couldn't finish her sentence, quickly pushing past me, her hand forcefully pushing against my chest as she flew the door open from our room, speedily walking down the hall and into the living room, which still occupied the guests for Monique's party that I had forgotten about. I threw out my hand to grab her wrist, 

"Monique... I didn't mean it like that..." 

She was silent for a moment, her head bowed, trying to hide the tears that rolled down her cheeks. The guests all turned towards the scene we had created, but I didn't care at the moment as I continued, "I didn't mean it like that, I care about you deeply, Monique-ah... More than I should..." I murmured the last part, the room becoming grimly quiet.

Her hand slipped through my fingers as she ran.

She ran out of the dorm to a place unknown to me as I mindlessly tried to run after her, only to have someone push me aside and run in front of me, pulling my shoulder back to give him more access to go after her minimizing figure.  

I slightly fell back from the pressure, seeing a ball of reddish hair chasing after the love of my life. 

[Normal POV]

Monique continued to run as fast as she could. Her head was filled with frustration, pain, sadness and confusion. 

'I thought Donghae-Oppa would be there for me... But he doesn't care as long as I stay with him.... pabo.'

She continued to run until her legs became sore, and had grown tired, to find her wrist grabbed once again. Monique's head snapped around to expect Donghae, her hand raised and ready to slap him, but was shocked to see Seyong's smooth face, breathing unevenly from chasing her. 

At first, she was speechless to who she saw, looking down at her wrist that was in the slightly older male's hand, but she didn't motion to pull it away, but looked up at the familiar face curiously that looked down at her. Monique gently pulled her wrist away finally as the silence settled, looking away as her raised hand fell back to her side.

"What are you doing here, Seyong?"

Seyong smiled as he stretched his arms to the sky, "I told you I'd be coming back for you after training."

"How'd you know where I was?"  Her voice was draped with suspicion as her eyes analyzed the man in front of her. 

He threw a nervous hand behind his head as he nervously spoke, "Erm, I heard about it through the grapevine of celebs that you were living with the SuJu members. You know how popular Super Junior is, it's hard to stay away from the media and such with such a popular group."

Monique's head fell as she heard the other, knowing that it was most likely true and not even wanting to think what the other people who had heard about it thought since they didn't fully understand the situation, "Others know I'm living with them?" Her voice came out small and childlike.

Seyong nodded as he stepped closer to the girl, his eyes travelling up and down the younger girl having her head downcasted in shame of the probability that the world had shamed Super Junior just for housing her. He bit his lip as he noticed the chubby little girl from his childhood had been replaced with a small framed young woman, her shabby un-cared-for hair was now well done and her skin was now a sickly pale color, probably from all the stress she had been enduring. 

Seyong sighed before stepping closer to the fragile child, slowly wrapping his arms around Monique's waist, pulling her into his chest in a gentle manner. Monique blinked into the taller male's shoulder, shocked from the sudden action. 

The two stood there in the middle of an abandoned park, Seyong holding Monique securely to send a message of strength and relief through the girl's skin, hoping that she'd somehow receive it. 

"Gwenchana?" Seyong whispered into her ear, his voice laced with concern and a hint of comfort to the girl who clung to his chest. All she could do was nod into the taller male's chest, feeling the false sense of home sink into her skin before looking up into Seyong's eyes with a rim of tears threatening the edges of her eyes. 

"W-Wae did you come...? Wae are you h-here?" Her voice cracked from her attempt of holding back her sobs. 

Seyong's gaze softened as he petted the child's hair, softening the frizzy bundles of brunnete hair by sliding his fingers through her long locks, "I'm here to take you home... back where you belong." 

Monique's eyes blinked and slightly widened, "B-Bwah? I am home.. My home is here.." 

Seyong forced himself to hold back the need to roll his eyes at the statement, looking down at the girl, " Then at least come and live with me. You don't belong there in that house with 13 guys, it makes me uncomfortable. Come and be with Chaejin and I and the rest of the guys, and besides if you live with us, it wouldn't be harming Super Junior's name. I know the way you think, and you feel like a burden to them. Come live with us and don't feel pressured at all. " 

Monique's hazel eyes wondered to the fabric on Seyong's smooth leather jacket, a hand falling down his chest as she thought about the words that just left the older man's lips, her mind then wondering to Donghae. About how sweet and kind he was, as caring and considerate of her he was from the very beginning, and tender. But she did feel like a burden to not just him, but also to the rest of Super Junior.

Then her ears perked up at the echoic memory of Donghae's coldness towards the situation of her brother, automatically feeling a bitter shiver pulse through her body, not being able to think straight with the two sentences ringing in her ears before looking up into Seyong's dark pools of brown that studied her intensely, waiting for an answer and a form of reaction. 

The thin eyebrows on the young girl's features knitted together in thought before looking up to Seyong with an unreadable expression, nodding slowly. 

"Let's go home....Seyong..."