Misunderstood

South Side Hunt

Momo's POV: Owww....My head. I opened my eyes slowly and looked around slowly. Where am I? I winced and I looked down at my shoulder. It was all patched up even though some blood leaked through. "Oh, your awake." A voice said his voice slightly muffled. I went wide eyed as I saw him. He had light brown hair/ almost blonde. He had a prince like face and smile. "Don't scare her, Kris." Heechul's voice said annoyedly. This boy named 'Kris' smiled and knealt down in front of the couch in front of me. "Wow, I think I already did." He said his light brown eyes sympathetic. Heechul stared at me, his expression giving nothing away. "What...Happened?" I asked my head feeling heavy. I blinked a couple times to clear my still blurry vision. Heechul sat beside his friend on the ground, crosslegged. "We brought you here and patched you up." Heechul said his blue eyes surprisingly gentle. Kris raised a eyebrow and shook his head. "He carried you all the way here, then he patched you up all by himself. I came over to help him to." Kris said ignoring Heechul's furious glare. Heechul..Carried me? He seemed so mad at me. "Why did you jump in front of me?" Heechul asked his voice slightly threatening. I blushed heavily as he leaned in towards me.

                             "Wow! That takes guts." Kris said flashing a perfect smile. "I-I didn't want you to get shot...After all, I got your back." I said looking down sadly. Now I have regain their trust all over again. I really just want to be their friends. "Aren't you the Curneal's daughter?" Kris blurted out, making a weird face. Heechul glared heavily at Kris and he shrank back. "Look, so what if she is. That doesn't mean anything. If she was on her side, she would have told her father were we are." He said angerily. Did..He just jump to my defense. Kris held his hands up in surrenduer and gave a shaky laugh. "I'm sorry. I was just asking..." He said staring at me once more. "Where's Baro? Where's the others?" I asked looking around. I sat up quickly, but Heechul rested his hands on my shoulders. "They went out for a little bit, just rest and take it easy." He said staring at me softly. He changed completely... What happened to rugged, hardheaded Heechul? "Your such a softy...Come clean, your fond of this girl." Kris said nudging Heechul, making him lean to one side. He went wide eyed. "No! Were hardly even friends!" He said sharply. Kris chuckled and winked at him. "She's a cute girl. I would considered yourself lucky." He teased. I sighed... 

                              "Aren't you worried about what they will say?" Kris asked finally stopping aggervating Heechul. "Not really...They wouldn't really hurt me right?" I asked staring at them hopefully. "I'll make sure they won't... After all, you didn't do anything wrong." Heechul stammered akwardly. Kris nodded and held his hand out. "I'm Heechul's best friend. My names, Kris." He said cheerfully. I blushed heavily and shook his hand awkwardly. "I'm..Momo." I said softly. He chuckled and nudged me with his hand. "Trust me, Heechul told me about you." He said making my face turn three shades of red. He...Talks about me? Heechul punched Kris's shoulder hard. "You retard! Iv'e never talked about her!" He said his cheeks bright red. I giggled and smiled as Kris pretended to cry and rub his shoulder. "Come on." Heechul said suddenly, standing up. We both stared at him blankly. Please don't tell me were doing more fighting and stuff... "Where are we going?" Kris asked staring at Heechul amusedly. "Were going hang out together today. Just for fun...Something we all could use." Heechul said flipping his brown bangs. I automatically stood up and felt a bright smile spread across my lips. "Yeah, we should." I said.

                             "I'm coming." Kris said standing up happily and as if it was a huge honor. "No your not." Heechul said staring at him annoyedly. Even his best friend annoys him...  "Why not? If it's just you two, it's kind of like a date." He said with a shrug. I gulped and forced myself to focus on my feet. I would most likely die of embarrassment if I ever went on a date with him...But isn't Kris right in a way? "Whatever." Heechul said sighing. "Ok, great. We should all get some ice cream." He said starting to bounce up and down as he clapped his hands together. "Are you sure your ok with being the third wheel?" Heechul asked Kris looking over his shoulder. Kris nodded and gave a thumbs up. "It's ok with me." He said winking at me. We all walked out the door, and the bright sunlight made me squint. "Can I drive? Pretty please?" Kris begged staring at Heechul with his hands pressed together with the puppy dog eyes. Heechul nodded and threw the silver car keys at him. "Momo! Sit in the front with me!" Kris said grabbing my wrist, pulling me after him. But...I kind of wanted to sit by Heechul... I scooted in the passanger seat and fidgeted uneasily. This is kind of akward... Heechul sat beside Kris and smiled at me. 

                                Heechul's POV: Fine, just leave me in the back seat all by myself. I lifted my head slightly as they both giggled and laughed at each other. Well...Who couldn't laugh at Kris? He's a retard... I slumped further back in my seat and pulled my black hood of my hoodie over my head. My brown bangs dangled in my face and I lazily flipped them.  I was aware of Kris glancing at me in the rerview mirror, but I forced myself to act casual and pretend not to see him. "I think Heechul's asleep." Kris said amusedly. I heard the rustle of Momo turning around in her seat to look at me. "I have to admit, I always thought he had funny way to sleep." She said and I felt her eyes burn into me. Kris chuckled and my head tapped against the warm window as we drove. "I have a question." Kris said suddenly making me gulp. Please don't ask something stupid... "Are you two dating?" He asked making my face turn slightly red. No way! I would never date her... Momo was either stunned with shock or completely embarrassed to not know what to say. "No... But I have to admit...He'd be a good boy friend for any lucky girl. Not to mention how cute he is..." She blurted out, her words tumbling out. I forced myself not to gasp out loud. Does she really think that? "Wow....It sounds like someone has a crush." He teased. Momo squealed and gave a shaky laugh. "No, he's just a friend."                                    

                                 I pressed harder against the warm door as we turned. "Well were in town. Maybe we can park somewhere and walk around to see what we want to do." He suggested. A second later, I felt Momo's hands shake me gentle. I pretended to sit up slowly and blink a couple times. "Were in town." She said her blue eyes gleaming with happiness. I stretched and Kris parked the car in a gas station. "Let's go." I said opening the door and climbing out of the back seat. The bright sunlight was shining down on us and I squinted in the bright sunlight. "We should go for some ice cream." Momo said giving a bounce of excitement. Kris was walking on her other side with his hands in his pant pockets. "Yeah, sounds good." He said returning her smile. Ice cream? "What's that?" I asked blinking at them in confusion. Iv'e heard about it before but Iv'e never been able to try it. Since I wasn't able to have a normal child hood, it ruined alot of things and oppertunities for me. "You've never had ice cream?" Momo said standing in front of me. I nodded and jumped with surprise as she grabbed my hand. "Come on!" She said looking back at me, her black hair hitting her in the face. "Where are we going?" I asked softly. 

                           "To the ice cream palor." She said pulling me after her. I stumbled after her, loosing my footing now and then. Kris jogged at my side, starting to huff with the effort of running. I nudged by people and sighed. I guess it's ok if she's happy. We finally stopped in front of a small store that was connected to other stores that conneted to it. I pressed my face against the glass and looked inside. Kids and adults were all sharing ice cream while smiling. Momo walked inside the store and I followed quickly behind her. The smell of melted chocolate and honey surrounded me, making my mouth water. Kris nudged me aside and stood by Momo's side. I stared at him blankly as he pushed me in the back of them. What was that for? A young looking waiter wearing pigtails smiled and strolled over to us. "Hello! How may I help you?" She asked swinging her arms as she stood in front of us. We all sat down at a clear white table and I studied my feet through the glass. "We would like a banana split. A huge one." Momo said smiling brightly at the waiter. The waiter nodded and pulled out her tiny note pad. She glanced at me and went wide eyed, her pale cheeks turning rosy red. Just great...Stop staring. She skipped off before her black hair behind her ear. I rolled my eyes and tapped my nails against the table. Kris smiled and scooted closer to Momo.

                           What does he think he's doing? "I promise ice creams good, Heechul." Momo said puting her hand over her heart and raised her left hand. My only response was a smile. Kris wrapped his arm around her shoulder and gave me a quick glance. "At least we all can share it." He said smiling at half smile. Momo blushed heavily and smiled. Did I miss something?! Why is he all up on her... "So Momo, you don't have a boyfriend?" He asked raising a eyebrow at me. I ignored him and looked away annoyedly. Momo blinked once and gave a shaky smile. "No..." She said softly. "I guess some guys just don't know what a special girl you are." He said before staring at me challengingly. Momo akwardly looked away and sighed. I jumped as the waiter come back towards us with the banasplit balanced in her hand. I my lips as I saw the fudge that dripped down the side of it. "I think Heechul should have the first bite..." Momo said even though her gaze was locked on the ice cream. I grabbed the plastic spoon and took a spoonful of it. I opened my mouth to take a bite but stopped. Momo was staring at the spoonful of ice cream longingly. I rolled my eyes and extended my arm towards her. She smiled and opened . She took a huge bite, getting some ice cream on her nose. "You got some on your nose." I said leaning  foreword and gentle wiping it off, making her go cross eyed. She blushed heavily at how close we were together. "Dork..." I said as I took a huge bite. She giggled and smiled at me. 

                                        Momo's POV: I forced myself not stare at Heechul. He's been surprisingly nice to me. Kris took a huge bite and didn't even glance at me. Somethings funny about him...But he's so funny and sweet. As if he noticed me staring at him, Kris stared at me with the spoon still in his mouth. "What?" He asked titling his head at me. I giggled and looked away. "Here, say ah." He said suddenly making me look over. I opened my mouth and he fed me some ice cream. I closed my eyes blissfully as I tasted the sweet fudge. "You got some on your lip." He said making me open one eye. I blushed heavy as he gentle washed it off with his finger. He his finger and gave me a half smile. Kris... Wow... I'm surprised he doesn't have a girlfriend. I gulped akwardly and glanced at Heechul. He was glaring heavily at Kris and I looked down at my feet. It seems like Kris has done something to make him super mad. Without a word, he stood up slowly. "Let's go." He said his voice giving nothing away. I stood up to, and I jumped as Kris intwined his fingers with mine. Does...He like me? Me and Heechul walked outside as Kris went back to pay. "Momo..." Heechul said facing me. I looked at him and smiled. "Do you like Kris?" He asked making me look down. "I-I don't know, we just met but... He's nice." I said choosing my words carefully. He stared at me blankly. 

                           "Sorry! I didn't mean to hold us up." Kris said from behind us. Heechul just sighed heavily and turned away from us. Where is he going? I jogged after him and walked by his side. What's wrong with him? "Oh hey! Look at that store." Kris said pointing to a clothes store. We all walked towards it and I tugged on Kris's arm. We all walked inside the huge store and I was amazing how cool the store looked, clothes, accersories of all sorts were here. I was aware of girls giggling as they stared at Heechul. I sighed heavily and crossed my arms. I can't believe them, he's really hot. I walked over to him and smiled. "Wear this for me." He said puting a weird looking hat on me that said 'I'm stupid' across it. I pouted and gentle punched his shoulder. I rolled my eyes and walked off. He's such a dork... I stopped as I saw a awesome looking cross. Wow...That's really cool. I glanced at Heechul who wasn't even paying attention to me. He seems to be in a bad mood lately... (http://productimages.notw.com/guys_N_FireCrossNecklace_MAIN_200_302924.jpg) I grabbed it and handed it to the cash register women. "I would like to buy this." I said laying it on the see through counter that had necklaces below it. 

                           She wrapped up the cross, her curly brown hair bouncing as she handed it to me. "Your boyfriend will be happy." She said flashing me a smile making wrinkles form on her face. I gulped nervously and turned around. Where did he go? Disappointment stabbed me and I gulped sadly. I walked out of the store and clenched the cross tightly in my hand. I jumped as Kris's voice was behind me. I turned around and smiled at him. "Who are you looking for?" He asked following my gaze. I studied my converses and sighed. "No one..." I said softly. I guess he didn't like hanging out with me. But I had fun...It seems less fun without him. "I have something for you." Kris said smiling happily. He grabbed my hands, making me hold my hands out to him. He placed a cute heartnecklace in my hand. "It's so cute." I said it. I jumped as he pulled me into his arms. "Momo, I really like you." He said his voice soft against my ear. I felt my face turn bright red. "I...I like you to." I said without thinking. What am I doing?! I gulped nervously as he leaned foreword and pressed his lips softly against mine. I closed my eyes blissfully and sighed. It...Doesn't feel right. I broke away and akwardly looked down. "Kris...I think I like you...But a part of me is confused." I said looking into his light brown eyes. He nodded in understanding. I went wide eyed as I looked past him to see Heechul staring at us. "Heechul!" I said taking a step towards him. He was not even looking at me. Oh god...What can I say to him? "I'm sorry..." I mumbled. 

                               He glanced up and I realized he had something silver in his hand. Was that...A necklace? "It's fine. I should have known." He said before turning around. I went wide eyed and ran after him. "I wasn't thinking!" I objected grabbing his arm. He glared heavily at me and I flinched. "So you kissed him?" He said sharply. Was that jealousy in his voice? Is he jealous of me kissing Kris? "Look, I don't care about you and Kris's relationship. You guys can make out for all I care.... Just don't let me get in the way of it." He said before running off. I opened my mouth to say something, but nothing came out. I ran after him and jumped as thunder boomed somewhere near by. Oh god... The old fear of being locked outside in the rain by dad flashed in my head. I stopped chasing after him and gulped. I looked around despartly for shelter. Shops were flipping their signs from open to closed. People were pressed together under umbreallas and I sighed heavily. In the distance, I could make out a empty church building. I ran inside and jumped as I felt the cold rain began to drizzle on me. I opened the door and it creaked loudly. I let out a squeal as lightning flashed near by. I sat in the long wooden seats that stretched across the rows. I brought my soaked knees up to my chest and layed my head on them. "What are you doing?" A voice said from above me. I blinked to see in the dark. "I-I'm sorry. I didn't  know anyone else was here... I was running from the storm." I said shakily. I went wide eyed as the person sat beside me. "If you were scared, then why did you keep chasing after me?" The person asked and I paused. Heechul.... "Because...I didn't want us to loose our friendship." I said softly. He gasped and I struggled to see his face in the dark. I squealed as lightning boomed outside, lighting up the room for a split second. I jumped and clung onto Heechul's arm. I stopped dead and akwardly pulled away from him. He carefully took off his jacket and wrapped it around me. "It's ok, I won't let anything hurt you." He said wrapping his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him. I relaxed and rested my head on his shoulder. "Are you ok with this?" I asked softly. He chuckled and scooted closer to me. "As long as you don't tell anyone." He said flatly. I closed my eyes and felt my cheeks turn bright red. He gentle my face for a second, and then layed his head on mine. He's such a good friend...Heechul. 

                       Kris's POV: I grunted as water dripped into my eyes, and I blinked it away annoyedly. I shivered as the cold water went through my shirt. Damn it...She didn't fall for me. "Any progess?" A voice said from the allway said. "No, Heechul won her over." I said looking at my soaked feet. He's my best friend...Why does he have to be with the Curneal's daughter? "Looks like we have to try harder." A boy with a green fohawk said, it was light green and shaved on both sides. "Seungjin, maybe the key is her." I said with a shrug. I touched my lips were she kissed me. Her lips were so soft..."We can't give up... If we have to, we'll take her by force." Seungjin said folding his arms across his chest. I nodded in agreement and sighed. Heechul's brothers are already trying to kill Momo's dad. I wonder if they killed him...If they did, wouldn't Momo hate them? Maybe she'd come to us. I grinned. "We just have to wait."  I said grinning. Her and Heechul are getting closer to. But I can easily take care of that. Momo will be ours, and we will win against South side.