Mistakes

South Side Hunt

Momo's POV: I jumped as I heard loud voices coming from the living room. I sat straight up and blinked my eyes. Darkness surrounded me and I grunted and raised my hands over my head as I struggled to wake up. "Why do I have to do everything?" Heechul's annoyed voice said from the living room. I stood up and ignored the flash of dizzyness that washed through me. I rubbed my barely open eyes and walked down the narrow hallway towards the living room. The boys were all scattered everywhere, and busily talking to each other. I hope everything is ok... Jung Kook looked over his shoulder and smiled brightly. He grabbed my wrist, forcing me to sit on my knees beside him. "Good, your awake." Ryu said glancing up at me. I scanned their faces blankly. "What's going on?" I asked my voice still muffled by sleep. "The Curneal is getting closer." Heechul said as he looked at his brothers. My dad? He's getting closer. Hopefully he doesn't fgure out where we live. I shuddered and closed my eyes for a moment. "Are you ok?" Jung Kook's sweet voice asked gentle. I opened my eyes and stared at the tan carpet. "Yeah, just thinking." I mumbled my voice getting quieter. If he does attack, how will I defend myself? "Momo barely knows how to handle a gun." 

                         Heechul said glancing at me swiftly. Everyone was quiet for a long time and I gulped. It's not like I can't fight...But I don't want to make them suspicous. "Well if you so concerned about her, why don't you be her teacher?" Sungjae suggested pointing a pencil at his brother. Heechul went wide eyed and he snickered. "No. She needs to learn how to take care of herself." He said staring at me expressionless. I guess me and him still aren't friends. I seriously thought he might open up to me.. I looked down and surpressed a sigh. "It's fine. I can just wing it." I said before standing up. I felt their eyes burn into my back as I walked outside. I picked up a silver gun that blended in with the ground. The clouds seemed gloomy and dark and I was thankful that the bright sunlight wouldn't blind me. I grunted at how heavy it was. I closed one eye and aimed it at a thick trunked tree that was straight ahead. I took a deep breath and rested my finger on the trigger. It's a dangerous soldier, getting ready to shoot you first. "Now!" Somone yelled making jump. I unawarely shot the gun, making me miss the tree completely. I looked over sharply to see Heechul walking towards me. "What in the heck?! You made me miss it!" I snapped annoyedly. 

                           "You were taking to long. If that was a real soldier, it would have already shot you." He said shaking his head. I grunted and clenched the gun in my hands tightly. Why does he have to be out here? He's so judgemental... He pulled out a black gun and ran towards the tree and did a back flip.  before he kicked the tree and lastly shot it. I stared at him wide eyed and gulped. That was so amazing! He looked so hot doing it to.. What are you talking about?! Concentrate on the shooting and technique he did! I "Try it faster." Heechul said standing beside me. I gulped and pointed at the tree and took a deep breath. I got to make this shot...If I don't, he'll never let this go. I pulled the trigger and winced at how powerful it was. "Crap!" I yelled loudly as I just barely shot it. Heechul sighed and stood closer to me. "Well....It's obvious you ." He said giving a smirk. I mumbled some hateful words under my breath. I went wide eyed as he lifted my arms straight up again from behind me. "Don't lock your elbows." He said his warm breath on my neck. I felt my heart pound against my chest. He rested his hands on mine, so we both were holding the gun. "Focus on the gun." He said gentle. I glanced at him and gulped. Dang..

                    He was so serious...His brown bangs in his face and his blue eyes like fire. He stared at me and sighed. "Focus..." He repeated avoiding my gaze. We both shot the gun and I squealed in triumph as it hit the tree squarely in the middle. Heechul stepped away from me and gave a tiny smile. "It Wasn't that hard, was it?" He asked sarcastically. I shook my head and giggled. "Even though you looked like you were having trouble yourself." I teased. He shook his head and put his hands on his hips. "Me and my brothers are professionals." He said looking down. I felt sympathy wash through me and I sighed. It must be hard....Having to run away all the time. I sat down on the huge lawn and crossed my legs.  He surprisingly sat beside me and cleared his throat. "So, why were you really in the woods? They day we found you I mean..." He said staring at me with his blue eyes narrowed. Should I tell him that the Curneal is my father? I shook my head and looked down. "I just needed to get away from home." I said gentle. I can't keep avoiding to tell them. What happens if they found out without me telling them? Heechul pulled grass out of the ground and nodded in understanding. "Yeah, I know how you feel. Parents are annoying." He said flatly. Where are their parents? As if reading my mind he was quiet for a long time. "Our parents were killed by the Curneal. Right in front  of us...That's why we want to kill him so bad." He said determinadly. My father...Killed their innocent family. "I'm sorry." I said before leaning towards him and wrapped my arms around him. He was tense for a moment and he was quiet. I jumped as he wrapped his arms around me back. 

                                     SeungYub's POV:: I stopped and peaked out the window and went wide eyed. Heechul and Momo are hugging! "Wow...." Ryu said in awe beside me. It seems like their getting closer every day... "I'm surprised he is hugging her back." Ryu commented crossing his arms. I nodded in agreement and he gave a heavy sigh. "He better not get to attached." He mumbled before walking off. I watched my brother go and looked down. But their not doing anything wrong... I sighed and walked outside. They both looked up at me and waved innocently. "Are you guys about ready to go?" I asked swingng my arms as I stood in place. They nodded and I smiled. The other brothers walked outside, talking softly to each other. "Choose your partners." Ryu said swirling his black gun in his hand. Momo automatically stood beside Heechul. The others seemed to notice how theyv'e been close to each other, because Jung Kook nudged him and winked. "But...SeungYub wil be all by himself again." Momo said staring at me worriedly. I titled my head at her and felt a tiny smile spread across my lips. "He'll be fine." Heechul said reassuringly. Momo crossed her arms and glared heavily at him. "Still....He's all alone.." 

                            How cute...She's really worried about me. "Your really that worried about me?" I asked giving her a tiny smug smile. She blushed and nodded. "If it makes you feel better, I'll be on your team to." I said feeling a little better. I always want to be on my own...But I guess it will be nice being on a team for once. Everyone looked alot more relieved and I sighed. Heechul flung his huge blade over his shoulder and beckoned all of us closer to him. "Me, SeungYub and Momo all will go in the direction where the house is. You all spread out and take out any soldiers." He ordered sounding like the older brother for once. The same respect and admirment washed through me as I stared at him. The others nodded and worry clouded Momo's face. "It's ok." Heechul said glancing at her determinadly. We all three ran foreword, and my heart felt like it was going to explode. "Are you guys worried?" She whispered making me strain to hear her. I shrugged and patted her shoulder encouragingly. Heechul looked over his shoulder and he sighed. Was that...Sympathy in his eyes? "I know you can do this. I just need you to stay focused, ok? I got your back." He said resting both his hands on her shoulders. I smiled. 

                              I picked up my pace and ducked as we began to walk through the woods. Not even the slightest chirp of a bird was heard. The only sound was the loud crunch of leaves under our feet. "You seem to have grown soft towards her." I commented as I walked beside Heechul. He glanced at me, his blue eyes wide. He snickered and mumbled under his breath. "She's so annoying. But...She's a sweet girl." He said giving a tiny smile. I looked over my shoulder and rolled my eyes. She grunted and complained to herself as spider webs clung onto her. "Isn't there a clearer route?" She asked annoyedly. Heechul chuckled sodtly and ducked as he turned sharply, making the route wider. "Better princess?" He asked over his shoulder. She nodded and walked by his other side. "You know, you like a evil cat." She said glaring heavily at him. I stared at her confusedly, and struggled to block them out. "Yes! Your waiting for the perfect moment to pounce!" She said pointing at Heechul. I stopped as I heard leaves crunching from somewhere in front of us. "Shh.." I said holding my arm out in front of them. Heechul and Momo both grunted as they bumped into each other. "What?" Heechul whispered. "Freeze!" A voice said. 

                              All three of us went wide eyed as three soldiers stepped out of the bushes. I tensed up and me and Heechul and Momo lifted up our guns and pointed it at them threatingly.The soldiers slinked towards us and barked orders. I stared at Heechul questiongingly and he stood in front of Momo. "Stand your ground." He said through clenched teeth. I stared at Momo who slowly poked her head over his shoulder. "They have the Curneal's son and daughter I bet." One of the soldiers said angerily. He has a son and daughter? "Give us the Curneal's son and daughter!" One of them said taking a step towards us. As quick as lightning, Heechul charged towards the soldier. He punched him hard in the face, then grabbed his head and wrapped his arm around his throat. He pointed the gun to the soldiers head and gave a half smile. "Bad idea... You shouldn't have ordered me around." He said his eyes narrowing. The other soldiers took a step back. Heechul gave me a tiny nod, and I went for the nearest solider. I spun around and kicked him hard in the chest. Maybe I can hold these guys off while Heechul and Momo run to the Curneal's house. "You guys go! I'll held these bastards off!" I said loudly. 

                                   Momo's POV: I listened to the sound of fighting that echoed around me from where we left SeungYub. Will he be ok by himself? Heechul stopped suddenly and he looked at me. "Momo..." He said facing me. I gulped nervously and stared at him nervously. "I need to help him." He said staring at me with regret in his blue eyes. No! He can't leave me by myself! As if seeing my panic, he rested his hands on my shoulders. "Your going to be fine. I believe in you. Your a smart girl..." He said before hugging me. I blushed heavily and I hugged him tightly. I guess...He actually trusts me... "I'll try my best." I said giving a tiny nod. He smiled and ran off. That was the first time I've actually seen his actual true smile.. I turned around and began to jog straight ahead. My heart seemed to be beating so loud that I was surprised no one else could hear it. In the distance, I could see the white gleam of the house in the distance. I stopped and stared at my dirty black and white converses. What will my father do when he see's me? I shook my head and started to jog towards the house once more. This is for them...I won't give up on them that easily. I stopped at the white fancy door and clenched the heavy gun that seemed to get heavier every second. I turned around quickly in a circle and I kicked the door in hard. I crept inside with the gun held up to my face. 

                                  "Oh Momo." A voice said from behind me. I jumped and turned around quickly. A young looking man with short black hair smiled brightly at me. "Dad..." I said softly. My body seemed to go numb with fear and memories. I grunted as two soldiers pinned me against the wall. I struggled in their grasp and my father calmly walked towards me. "Is he what your looking for?" He asked  stepping aside to reveal SeungYub who was beaten up. I went wide eyed in horror. What happened to him? He weakly looked at me and his brown eyes seemed to be filled with fear and worry. "Let him go.." I said through clenched teeth. My dad chuckled and took a deep breath. "I'm afraid I can't do that." He said walking over towards SeungYub. I winced as my dad smacked him hard across the face, leaving another bruise on his face. I grunted as I struggled to get free. "It's going to be ok." I said reassuringly to him. My dad stared at me with amusement in his dark eyes. "You still haven't told them, didn't you?" He said calmly. I felt my eyes go wide and I felt my heart pound hard once more. SeungYub stared at me expressionless. "Poor boys. Here they are, helping you. But all you have been doing was lying to them." My dad said pacing in front of them. I let out a determined yell, making the soldiers let me go. I punched the one on my left, then the one of my right. Finally! 

                           My dad hit me hard in the stomaching, knocking the wind out of me. I winced as he towered over me, with his fist raised. I waited for the painful moment,but it never came. I opened one of my eyes and went wide eyed. Heechul! He had his arm in front of my face, my dad's fist was pressed firmly against it. "I got this bastard..." Heechul said through clenched teeth. I gave a curt nod before running towards Seungyub. "It's ok." I said as I sat on my knees. I grabbed the rope and untied it quickly. "What was he talking about?" He asked weakly. I grabbed his hand and helped him stand up. "It's nothing." I forced myself to say calmly. SeungYub's gaze hardened but he didn't ask anymore questions. I looked over quickly as my dad let out a triumphant chuckle. "Your pathetic. This is how your father looked before I killed him." My dad said before he lifted Heechul off the ground. "Stop!" I screamed as my dad tightened his hand around Heechul's throat. He stared at me and anger glowed in his brown eyes. "What? These were the boys Iv'e always been after." He said smiling hugely at Heechul like he was a trophey. "They did nothing wrong! I can't believe you killed their innocent family!" I said feeling hatred rise in me. Without thinking, I pointed my black gun at him. My dad stared at me and he narrowed his eyes. "You wouldn't shoot your own father would you?" He asked softly. Seungyub went wide eyed and he stared at me in dismay. Before I could say anything my dad pointed a gun at helpless Heechul. God... 

                              I let out scream and closed my eyes tightly, and pulled the trigger. The sound of the gun firing echoed around the room. Heechul landed with a loud thud and I opened my eyes slowly. My dad was laying on the ground, with blood pouring from his stomach. Hatred and betrayel glowed in his eyes and I looked away. "Let's go!" Seungyub said before running out of the house. I jumped as loud sirens sounded from somewhere in the house. All three of us took off running and I forced my legs to go faster. I forced myself to run beside Heechul. What will happen now? They know the truth...But I'm on their side! We all finally started to slow down as we went deeper in the woods. I rested my hands on my knees, and my whole body seemed to ache in protest. "Your....The Curneal's daughter?" Heechul asked turning around to face me. Seungyub was looking down, and he didn't meet my gaze. Without a word, Seungyub turned and walked off. I opened my mouth to say something to Heechul, but he cut me off. "I thought I could trust you..." He said clenching his fist. "You can! I hate my father!" I said as he started to walk away from me. He ignored me and panic flared through me. My father will want to kill them for sure! "You should have told us! Told me..." Heechul said staring at me. His blue eyes was filled with regret and anger. "I didn't want to this to happen...I knew it would if I told you guys." I said feeling a part of me sad about something else. Iv'e never had friends...like them before. I stopped dead as there was footsteps from behind us. I gasped and looked up. Heechul went wide eyed and worry clouded his face. "Heechul!" I screamed as a soldier popped out. 

                                          Baro's POV: I stopped dead as there was a loud gun shot from somewhere near by. "Did you hear that?" I asked Jung Kook who was wide eyed. He nodded and pointed straight ahead. "It seems to be coming from there!" He said before taking off in the direction he pointed. I struggled to follow Jung Kook quickly, struggling to keep him in view. I finally caught up with him. He was standing there rigidly, fear written all over his feet. I followed his gaze and went wide eyed. Momo was laying on the ground with blood pouring from her shoulder. She was barely breathing. Heechul was wide eyed and he stared at us slowly, her blood on his face. "Help me!" He said gentle picking her up. "What happened?!" Jung Kook asked staring at the bloody scenery. A dead soldier layed further away and I shuddered. "A soldier came out no where and tried shooting me, but she jumped in front of me." He said looking down at motionless Momo. Are you stupid, Momo? Heechul held her tightly to him and he looked away. Was that...Regret in his eyes. "We need to get her to the house." I said making us all break out into a steady jog. Why would she jump in front of him like that? I hope she'll make it... Momo...