You Have No Idea

Singing in S.M.'s New Collaboration Song... With You

    Leina’s POV:

  I have a big smile plastered on my face when I start to unpack. I should be feeling tired from chatting with Violet and Chohee for hours; I should be feeling sad that I didn’t get to say anything to Kyungsoo today.

  But I’m not.

  Suyeon once warned me that trainees, or even some idols, are actually stuck-up people who think themselves higher than other people, just because they are trainees of one of the biggest entertainment companies in Korea. She warned me that I would have to be careful. But after chatting with Violet and her roommate Chohee (who reminded me of Suyeon so much), and becoming great friends with them (Violet even gave the two of us the nickname ‘The Kim Sisters!’ with the punctuation mark), I couldn’t feel more happier.

  Or relieved.

  Being the shy person I was, I actually made friends.

  I walk to the bathroom in my dormitory, deciding on taking a shower while waiting for my new roommate, Hannah.

  Tomorrow’s going to be a big day, I suddenly feel as I stare at my reflection in the mirror. Maybe it’s because I’ll be able to talk to Kyungsoo and tell him it’s me?

  I silently pray for luck as I step into the tub.


 

  “Try me.”

  Baekhyun eyes me with an unreadable expression, but grins. “Nah, forget about it.”

  “How can I ‘forget about it’ when you just doubted my singing skills?”

  “I was just joking – “

  “It’s singing we’re talking about.”

  “ – and I didn’t know you would feel so offended… unlike her.”

  I don’t hear his last two words because his voice had dropped into a whisper, so I wave the piece of paper in my hands, the piece of paper that made Baekhyun knock on the door of my training room during the first break of my first vocal training class on my first day of officially becoming a trainee.

  Woah, lots of firsts there.

  “I still can’t believe it, though,” I lean back onto the wall behind me, “I’m actually… going to be in a collaboration song. I’m just a rookie; how could the company think I’m fit for it? Am I even fit for it? I thought that you would have to train for at least years before the company gives you an opportunity – “

  “The company has been changing a lot these past few years, Leina.” Baekhyun leans onto the wall beside me. “They let someone like Jongdae and me, who’ve only been trainees for less than a year, debut. They let Vi star as the main character in a movie on her first week of entering the company, a little like your situation here. Maybe like Vi, you have amazing skills, too.”

  “I have amazing skills in singing.”

  He raises an eyebrow and studies me, studies me so intense until I start squirming. “W-what?”

  “Can I have the real Leina back now?”

  “B-bwo?”

  Baekhyun leans toward me, making me lean back in reflex. “The Leina I met yesterday was a shy, clumsy girl who dumped all her polka-dots underwear in front of hundreds of people and had her tongue tangled when she was face-to-face with her friend’s idol. But right now, in front of me, is a highly-confident girl who is not stuttering in front of a mega star like me anymore.” He pouts slightly. “Who are you and what did you do to the cute Leina I miss already?”

  And then like than, congratulations Baekhyun, I start stuttering. Not just stuttering the same words; I start spurting out sounds that seemed nowhere close to words.

  “T-t-that’s just m-me, okay?” I finally manage to force out a few words. “I-I tend to… be different when I feel comfortable around someone.”

  “So you feel comfortable around me?”

  I feel my face heat up at a supernatural pace, which confuses me. “B-B-Byun B-Baekhyun!”

  “Oh, so you feel comfortable around Byun Baekhyun, and somehow I remember that’s my name.” He laughs and takes a step back as if I were about to hit him – which I wasn’t – and shoves his hands into his pockets when he realizes the movement he just made. He clears his throat, the smile still dangling on his face, and gosh, I somehow don’t want that ghost of a smile to disappear. “Anyway, I just came here to give you this since you don’t have a manager yet, and to inform you of tomorrow’s meeting.”

  “M-meeting?”

  He nods. “With Sooman sujangnim, a few music producers, me, you, Kyungsoo, and another guy who’s also gonna be in the collaboration song. Be sure to – “

  “Wait, what?!” I feel my stomach drop. Or soar. Actually I have no idea what my stomach just did, only that it doesn’t feel like it’s in the right place. “K-Kyungsoo is in it, too?”

  Baekhyun nods again. “Ne. Well, you night know him more as ‘D.O.’ in EXO, but yeah. He’s the one who also helped you yesterday, remember?”

  I don’t even have the strength to nod.

  Ohmygod. Ohmygod, ohmygod ohmy –

  “Don’t worry, Leina.” Baekhyun notices my nervousness and shakes me slightly by the shoulders, “Kyungsoo is a good guy. You’ll like him.”

  Trying to clear my head of all the swirling emotions, I stare at Baekhyun’s back as he walks away. Please, I think as he turns and disappears at a corner. You have no idea how much I know about that and how the last part has already happened.


 

    Violet’s POV:

  “So there’s this guy – “

  “Whose name starts with a ‘Chan’?”

  Melanie, another girl in my group, gives me a high-five behind Chohee’s back while Chohee tries to trip me. “No, I’m not talking about Yeollie oppa now, Jung In.”

  “The only guy you talk about is him,” I say before dodging a smack in the head. “Or maybe this time it’s someone who looks just like him?”

  “Ooh, red alert~”

  Chohee rolls her eyes at the two of us. “No one will ever look as handsome and dorky as him, puh-leez,” She ignores my fake cough. “It’s a new guy.”

  “Pft, a new guy?”

  “Oh right, I forgot that you treat guys like they’re jerks, Mel.”

  “Because they are,” Melanie shoots back.

  I pout. “Now you sound just like Elise.”

  “El is 20, is a total bookworm who had the looks and body of a Victoria’s Secrest model, and has never dated before.”

  “And you are a 21-year-old unnie who has dated at least 20 guys, if you don’t count Yifan oppa flirting with you a few weeks ago.”

  “He wasn’t flirting – “

  “GUYS!” Chohee throws up her arms and fumbles in her pocket for the key as we are almost at our training room. “Or girls, whatever! There’s this new guy, and his name is Jason!”

  “So?” Mel and I say at the same time.

  “He’s big news – “

  “I can tell, since you just shouted his name.”

  “Shut up Mel, and yes. I mean, he’s not a trainee.”

  I raise an eyebrow. “But he’s new?”

  Chohee nods, the expression ‘Finally you’re listening to me!’ written all over her face. “From what I’ve heard, he transferred from another company, and he’s here as an actor. But – “

  “There’s a ‘but’?”

  “Maybe it’s ‘but he looks sooo like Yeollie oppa and I can’t help but feel this connection with him!’” Melanie mimics in Chohee’s voice, which makes me start laughing hard.

  “I feel like stuffing your heads down the water pipe now,” Chohee scowls. “But as a good person I am – ohmyfriggin’ god.”

  Chohee stops walking so abruptly that Melanie and I have to skid to a halt. I open my mouth to ask her what’s wrong, but then Melanie motions with her hand to look somewhere a few feet in front of me, and then I see what they are staring at:

  A boy and a girl kissing.

  Despite the many (many) kisses I have had with Sehun, the scene in front of me is still able to make my face heat up, because… well, it’s just not right staring at a couple making out in the middle of a hallway, right?

  “Um maybe we should – “

  “Jung In.” Chohee grabs my hand to stop me from turning around.

  “Cho, I don’t think it’s appropriate – “

  She shakes her head, her gaze not leaving the two people in front. “It’s him,” she whispers.

  “Him?” Melanie looks confused. “Him who?”

  “Jason. Jason Lee.”

 

  It must have been the dramatic voice Chohee was using that made me think that this was a big deal. So okay, the new actor whose name was Jason was kissing – wait, is that Tess?!

  “Cho…” I breathe out her name slowly, “but you might have left out the part where the new guy has a habit of kissing girls on his first day in a company.”

  “Not just that.” Chohee’s eyes practically bulge out when she realizes who the girl is. “There are more… interesting facts. Although I’ve never heard of this one.”

  “There’s something more interesting than a new guy making out with our member?”

  “Remember when I told you that he’s an actor, Mel? The thing is…” Cho slowly turns to us. “He’s going to be in a collaboration song.”

  “Woah woah pause,” I whisper as Jason slides his hand up Tess’s back, making me cringe and turn around. “Shouldn’t it be backwards? Like, you’re a singer, but then try acting next?”

  Melanie turns around, too. “Ani, sometimes actors and actresses turn to singing, too.”

  “But a collaboration song? Only really, really talented singers like Baek oppa can be in one!”

  “And,” Chohee says as she also turns around, “he was signed in as an actor. I heard that the company even begged him to come in – yeah he could be a potential threat to you Jung In – but… but why would he agree to be in a collaboration song?”

  I frown. “Well, it’s not really any of our business, right?”

  A high-pitched gasp suddenly makes us spin around, and Tess is there fumbling to straighten her clothes, looking shocked to see us. “G-girls?!”

  I hear Melanie curse under her breath as I mumble under my mine, “Well isn’t this awkward.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Author's Note] Finally. FINALLY LEINA IS GOING TO MEET KYUNGSOO. Like OMG, it took me 4 chapters to finaly get to where they are gonna officially meet and stuff and... yeah. FINALLY. LOL.

So... summer school is killing me? Yeah. I'M DYING HERE OTL. But still, I'll update once or even twice a week!! (If I don't collapse of pressure and piles of homework of course HAHAHAHAHA.)

Thank you all for subscribing, commenting and upvoting! YOU ARE THE MOST AMAZING PEOPLE IN THE WORLDDDDDDDDDDDDD /THROWS HEARTS/