Confession

Singing in S.M.'s New Collaboration Song... With You

    Leina’s POV:

  Just like that.

  He says it so easily, so without any effort, about what I truly feel for him, just like that.

  And somehow, it angers me so much that I want to - shockingly - punch him in the face.

  “I don’t… I don’t like you.”

  Baekhyun doesn’t move for a moment; when he does, I see the brown in his eyes waver so clearly, as if he has suddenly lost something to hold on to. “B-bwo?” He voice cracks. “W-what do you mean?”

 

 

    Violet’s POV:

  I run.

  I run as fast as I can, but also as slowly as I can. I know it doesn’t really make sense, but… nothing makes sense now. Nothing.

  The office door almost slams into my face when I skid into a halt in front of it. My hand on the doorknob shakes, unable to move.

  Should I open it?

  Of course I should; I ran out after Jason without a single word, leaving Sehun alone with Lee Soo Man in the office.

  But what would happen now? Jason is gone, and Sehun is here, and…

  Why did Lee Soo Man even let Sehun in the office room, to let him be a part of the Jason-almost-did-something-bad-to-me conversation?

  Before I lose my courage, I turn the doorknob carefully, and when I lift up my gaze, I see the familiar back I have fallen in love with for so long, and Lee Soo Man.

  And another woman.

  “Ms. Kim. I’m glad you decided to return.”

  I close the door and bow a little, apologizing. “I… I’m terribly sorry, sujangnim. I wasn’t really thinking – “

  “That’s what we like the best about you,” the woman says. I look up, startled. She had her hair up in a elegant-looking bun, wore a short red skirt, a white blouse, red-rimmed specs, and she looked so familiar…

  But we? We who?

  “Pardon me,” I say, “but I don’t understand – “

  “Mrs. Choi and I have been discussing over something for over a week now, Ms. Kim.” I can’t decipher if Lee Soo Man is trying not to smile or just thinking of something, but the amusement in his eyes is clear. “It’s about you and Mr. Oh.”

  “Sehun?” I look at him, but all he gives me back is a confused face, along with a fire in his eyes – fire of desire.

  Looks like I’m not the only one who’s trying not to run into one another’s arms.

  “Last week, Mr. Han schemed of exposing you and Sehun’s relationship to the whole world, and succeeded,” Mrs. Choi started.

  Wait. Sehun and I have never told anyone except our friends about that! “How do you know it was Jason – “

  “He confessed, a few days ago.” Lee Soo Man put his hands on his desk. “He was very proud of it, as a matter of fact.”

  And hallelujah, I still hate him.

  “And,” Mrs. Choi continued, “because of that, the whole entertainment world has had a very… interesting week, with news all about the two of you.”

  Oh my god. She’s here to tell me how Lee Soo Man wants to fire me for ruining Sehun’s future idol career, isn’t she? I suddenly feel the urge of crying, to just flood this whole office with my tears.

  “And they’ve been receiving very positive reactions.”

  I almost stumble. “E-excuse me?”

  Lee Soo Man smiles. “You haven’t been seeing the news, have you?”

  “Ani – “

  “I thought so, too. After the relationship between the two of you had been revealed, although there had been a few bad remarks, the majority likes it. They all like the fact that you and Mr. Oh are dating, Ms. Kim. The fans, the media, the people who know your name, they all support what you and him have. They love seeing the two of you together; they think it’s a perfect match.”

  “But, after news leaked out that you two have broken up – just because you knew the relationship had been found out – people raged. They want you two to be back together, Jung In.” Mrs. Choi smiles. “We want you two to be back together. So I came to discuss with your boss here, and, well, surprisingly, he agreed.”

  Lee Soo Man shrugged. “If they get good feedback and it helps them gain their fame, than it is fine.”

  “Wait, agree on what?” I hold up my hands as if saying ‘stop.’

  This is all… too much. The press likes it that me and Sehun were dating? They… support us?

  “To be on our show, of course.” Mrs. Choi claps her hands together. “The two of you would automatically be a pair, and would definitely boost our view rate! You guys can show your love outwardly without anything holding you back anymore!”

  That’s when why she’s so familiar hits me. “You’re - " I gasp. “You’re the supervisor of We Got Married! You’re the one who came to tell Taemin oppa about his being on the show last year!”

  She smiles vibrantly, nodding. “And it was a big success. So I am very sure that you and Sehun, acting – well, the two of you don’t really have to act because you’re a real couple – like a couple will be… excellent, for the fans, for us who all love seeing the two of you together.”

  “In other words,” Lee Soo Man says, but I don’t look at him; I’m staring at Sehun, while he’s staring at me. I know, because I just do, that he’s thinking the same as I am.

  We can be together again.

  I can touch him, hug him, kiss him, love him – even publically, again.

  “You and Mr. Oh can be back together, Ms. Kim. Congratulations.”

 

 

 

    Leina’s POV:

  “Can we… talk about this somewhere else, sunbaenim?”

  “Ani.” Baekhyun shakes his head firmly, confusion shining in his eyes. “I… I thought – “

  “You thought what, Baekhyun?” I try to control my temper. “That I like you, and I would still hopelessly like you even if the only girl you see is Violet, even if the only one in your heart is Violet? Did you think that I would be that stupid, torturing myself every day and every night, trying to make myself forget you, but just can’t? Did you think that I would try all my best to stop feeling all these weird feelings for you and try, so hard, to fall in love with Kyungsoo again because he still loves me, but I don’t anymore? Because my heart has been stolen by someone who will never give it back?”

  “… Ne.”

  I start, surprised by his straightforward response. I was so angry, but now… it’s like all the anger had vanished just by his mere ‘Ne.’

  “I knew all that, Leina.”

  I feel tears coming to my eyes, frustrating me again. What does he want? Me to confess everything in front of so many people?

  “I’ve been so stupid, Leina, for not noticing and keep hurting you. And… but I thought… that you still like me – “

  “And then what? If I told you I still like you, what would you do?”

  I’ve said it. The ultimate question. The million-dollar question that has been running around in my head for weeks.

  Baekhyun looks straight into my eyes, ignoring the hold breaths by s and the girls. “I… I would tell you that… That I think I like you, too.”

 

 

  I try to breathe. “Y-you’re just saying that to make me feel better.”

  “Ani!” Baekhyun reaches out for me, but then his hand shoots back to his side. “Leina, I… I know I might sound selfish, wanting you when I can’t have her. But I realized that whenever I’m around you, I feel so much more alive. And when I’m lonely, although I admit that the first person I think of is Violet, you are the second one I think of. And maybe… maybe, if you let me try, I could change that. If you give me a chance to try to fall deeper for you, to let me see more of you, maybe everything would change and… the order of who is the first and second place in my heart would change.

  “Would you let me try, Leina? Give me a chance?”

  I look up at Baekhyun, before looking at Kyungsoo behind him. He’s smiling, a sweet but sad smile, and a wave of déjà vu washes over me – then I remember.

  That smile is the smile he once gave me when I departed for Canada, seven years ago. The smile that meant ‘it’s okay, go now. It might hurt my heart like hell, but I know it’s the best for you.’

  ‘And all I want is the best for you.’

  Can I really do this? Is this really happening? The boy I thought would never be mine… wants me to give him a chance, a chance to forget the one he can’t get over with, to let his pain lessen? Is he really wanting to – what Kyungsoo told me he and his group members had been trying so hard for him to do – walk out of his misery and try to love again?

  He is.

  “I… I was lying, Baekhyun sunbaenim.”

  “Bwo?”

  I take a deep breath and stare right into the eyes that had once captured me without myself noticing so, in front of the entrance of the S.M. building. The eyes as brown and rich as chocolate.

  “I don’t like you. I… I love you.”

  He smiles. “Then I’m willing to try to turn my liking for you into loving, Leina.”


[Author's Note]: Yup. One more chapter to go - the epilogue omg. WAS THIS CHAP TOO... I DUNNO, UNREALISTIC? TOO... K-DRAMA-LIKE? Well this was supposed to be like a drama TBH hahahahaha <3 I would appreciate it if you guise tell me what you think~ /dances the NOOT NOOT DANCE/

P.S. If you guys like haven't had enough of Baekhyun, or even wants to laugh until your belly explodes becoz of Baek's sarcasm, go read KL-Mars' Like Chocolate !! IT IS SO FUNNEH I CANNOT OMG SHE IS JUST KILLING ME EVERYTIME WITH HER SARCASM AND NOW PROJECTING IT ONTO BAEK'S CHARACTER LMAO HAHAHAHAHAHA. Be prepared for a funny caveman - Kai, too looooooool <3