Cheese Popcorn - Happy Ending

Singing in S.M.'s New Collaboration Song... With You

    Violet’s POV:

  “ARE YOU SERIOUS?!” I shout, unable to control myself anymore. “I-I mean…” I rummage through my head to find the right thing to say to him, to try to not hurt him with any words possible, but I just can’t –

  “It’s true.” Baekhyun smiles, a radiant smile I haven’t seen for… for so, so long it suddenly feels so unfamiliar to me. “I’m going out with Leina now.”

  “Did she – “

  “She confessed, although she didn’t need to,” he replied with a nod. “I know what you’re thinking, Vi. We both do. And I know that despite the fact that you’re trying to find a way to say it nicely without hurting me, it’s no use. Besides, it’s okay, too. I know. I know how stupid and selfish I had been. I know you knew I was still in love with you and still couldn’t bear the thought that you were happy with Sehun. I… blame myself for that.”

  I put my hand on Baekhyun’s, as he looks into my eyes, the brown in his steady. “It wasn’t your fault, Baek oppa. No one has control over how their hearts feel.”

  He gently smiles, the ends of his eyes crinkling. “But we can control which feelings to put under everything else and which to try to conjure. And I’ve realized, that Leina has somehow… penetrated into my life, too. It’s gonna be hard living without loving you – “

  “You’re going to start hating me?” I ask in horror.

  “Ani, pabo!” He laughs. “I was going to say, that I will try to stop loving you the way lovers should, Vi.” In a flash, he pulls me in for a tight hug. “I want to… start over. With Leina. She and I have a good start, and… and if everything goes well, I think that the possibility of me falling in love with her is high. Maybe I really can, in the future, look at her in the way I used to look at you. I’m willing to try, and so is she.”

  “That’s really good news, Baek oppa,” I mumble into his shirt. “I mean, you finally… can move on.”

  Gosh, that sounds so weird coming from my mouth, since I’m the one he’s going to move on from. I know it may sound cruel, but… I feel relieved that he’s finally taking a new step. To stop… lingering by my side, his heart falling everywhere. It hurt me to watch him do that and do nothing because I can’t love him the way I love Sehun, and it also hurt him for the same reason.

  Thank you, Leina. For successfully giving him the strength to move on.

  “I know.” I can hear the smile in his voice, and it makes me wonder: how long have I not seen him this energized and happy?

  Leina and Baekhyun are going to have a very promising future; I can feel it.

  “Thank you, Vi, for tolerating me for so long. Thank you for never pushing me away.”

  “Oppa – “

  “I’m so happy now, and I don’t know why, Vi. It’s… scary and unfamiliar, but exhilarating.”

  “It’s because you’re in love~” I playfully rap.

  “I guess that’s it,” he says. With one last kiss on my cheek, he adds, “And I love this feeling.”

 

 

 

 

  “And congratulations,” I tell her, ten minutes later, as Leina and I hug each other with something passing through us: understanding and gratefulness. It feels like I’m sending a kid of mine overseas to college, to the hands of someone I trust with all my heart and know she’ll take good care of him.

Leina pulls away slightly, wiping the ends of her eyes with her sleeve.

  “Gomawo, Violet.”

  I grin. “Take good care of him, arrasso? He can be quite a bit… noisy.”

  She grins back, her eyes glittering as if her dream has just came true. “Defintely.”


---Six months later---

 

    Leina’s POV:

  “Come on, honey! What took you so long?!”

  “Mianhae, babe,” Chanyeol breathes breathlessly as he crashes down onto the wide couch, next to Chohee, raising a few groans around. “The popcorn machine was broken and Chen made this lame joke – “

  “Hey! You laughed at it!”

  “Because I’m the mood maker, Chen. I have to laugh at whatever you say, even if it’s about a girl accidently – “

  Chohee shut Chanyeol up with a not-so-brief kiss. “Don’t talk about girls when I’m around, remember?” She stuck out her tongue. “And be quiet, it’s about to start.”

  I shut my book, leave it on the desk, and walk to the middle of the convention room, where the wide couch at least 13 people are squeezed on is, with a flat screen TV across on the white wall, flashing.

  Kyungsoo notices me first, and then breaks into a wide smile I would always want to keep in my heart.

  I love you, Leina. I always have, and always will. But it seems I’m in the same situation you, Baekhyun, Jung In and Sehun were before, but now you’re playing Jung In, Baekhyun is playing Sehun, and I’m playing Baekhyun hyung. It’s not fair; I get it now, to see you fall in love with someone else when I’m here. But I know it’s my fault; I cowarded when I first saw you again. That led you to meet Baekhyun hyung first, and… yeah. And maybe it was just meant to be, you and hyung. So don’t worry, Leina. I might, in the future, run into someone who I learn to fall in love with, too. But that doesn’t mean I’ll leave your side. I’ll always be here when you need me, arra? No matter singing, love advices, or just… someone to talk to, I’ll always be here for you.

  I wish you happiness with Baekhyun hyung, from the deepest part of my heart, Leina.

  “Hey.”

  “Hey, have you seen – “

  “He’s still practicing, I guess.” Kyungsoo shrugs. “Who knew our collab stage could have made such a success? Now he’s doing his best to be a better main vocal than me.”

  “I thought no one sings better than you, Kyungsoo.”

  He grins. “That’s right; no one does.”

  I give him a slight punch for being so arrogant before taking quick steps out the door, to the training room a few doors down the hallway.

 

 

 

 

  When people sing, no two people sing alike. No two people have identical voices, and make the same body gestures when singing. No two people do the exact same movements and have the same facial expressions when hitting a high note. Never.

  And I still get mesmerized every time I watch Baekhyun sing.

  His fingers.

  His veins on his neck.

  The concentration etched on his eyebrows.

  The way everything seems to dissolve around him when he puts all his effort in while singing.

  He does everything whole-heartedly, perfectly… beautifully.

  It’s one of the many things I love about him.

  “Mesmerized by my enchanting charm, again?” He asks after the song ends, before he opens his eyes. It’s like he always knows I’m here, looking at him from the window of the room next to his, or just… whenever I’m next to him. And never have I once gotten used to that fact.

  “N-ne,” I stick out my tongue and walk into the recording room, watching as he puts his earphones on the racket and turns to face me. “I couldn’t stop staring at you.”

  Something flashes in his eyes, but before I can decipher, his hands find my waist and pull me close to him, his forehead on mine. “Then don’t,” he says, his voice suddenly so ragged on the edges. “Don’t stop staring.”

  Oh, one fact I have found out about, after our six months of dating? Byun Baekhyun is the cheesiest person alive; he and his words are basically made out of cheese. He says sweet things every time I least expect it, and it makes me blush so hard I can feel my face heating up, and – and I think he likes it. When I blush. ‘You are the most cutest thing when you blush,’ he once said. It makes my heart hammer in my chest like a deer running away from a lion, and it makes me feel like on cloud nine.

  Not good if I want to keep my head on my shoulders, though.

  I suddenly find myself kissing him. Or him kissing me – I don’t care; all I know is that his soft lips are on mine, working together in a rhythm I know will never fail to mess up my heartbeat and make my legs wobble. He holds me tighter against him, and I wrap my arms around his neck, lavishing the ecstatic feeling of our kiss. When we break to gasp for air, I can see him smiling so wide I swear the teeth he’s showing are more than Chanyeol’s.

  “What was that for?”

  I blush, and look down. “For… congratulating you on finishing your practice? You sang really well.”

  “I always sing well.”

  “Sometimes I beat you.”

  “Those ‘sometimes’ are when I feel sorry for you and let you win.”

  I raise an eyebrow, and notice that his hands are still on my waist. “Oh, really? That’s very generous of you, Mr. Byun.”

  “It’s a way of showing how much you mean to me, babe.”

  With a groan, I push him away and hit him in the chest as he turns off the lights of the recording room and closes the door. “You are exceedingly cheesy today, and I don’t think I’m in for adding cheese to my popcorn anymore later.”

  Baekhyun chuckles, and then we start walking down the hallway, his hand and mine intertwined. “Then add salt. Or pepper. Or even kimchi. No one ever said you have to try cheese popcorn.”

  “Violet instructed me very clearly that when we’re watching today’s episode of her and Sehun on We Got Married, all of us have to be eating popcorn with cheese on top.”

  “I told her she was crazy.”

  “… I guess she just replied, ‘yeah, don’t you know me? Crazy is my middle name.’?”

  He laughs, but then turns his laughter down when we walk into the room where everyone is discussing what they expect of today’s episode, and pulls me into his arms again as we cuddle in a small sofa behind the wide couch everyone else is crowded on. Even the floor is packed with trainees, just to watch this week’s new episode of the so-called ‘Best Couple of The Year’ on We Got Married, a.k.a., Kim Jung In and Oh Sehun.

  Their show had started airing four months ago, and it might as well have been the most exciting thing every week, if you don’t count the surprises by Baekhyun.

  I have seen Violet and Sehun show their love in the company for a lot of times, but seeing them hug, chase each other around, laugh happily when one of them screws up a dish for a party they invited their band members and even me too last month to (it felt so weird seeing myself on TV and having such a good time), even just staring at each other with nothing but love in their eyes, on screen…

  There is no need to say that they are having the best time filming the show. There are no worries because the majority of the fans love them, and Lee Soo Man even once jokingly told them to ‘FIGHTING! SHOW SOME MORE LOVE!’ on the show (we cracked up at this for almost a month). They have all our support, and seeing them so happy and literally glowing with love, it is like nothing had ever happened to their relationship before.

  But of course something did. Jason.

  We haven’t heard directly from him ever since he got fired, but some trainee friends of ours told us they heard he was in another company, filming for a new movie and even directing it himself. Maybe this time, since Violet’s so busy she doesn’t have time for another film, he would win an award. Maybe.

  Although we all still dislike him, it’s not like everything he did was bad. There was one thing he did right.

  He let us face the reality everyone had been avoiding: Baekhyun not being able to get over Violet.

  And it led to… now. Everything revealed, solved, taken care of. Baekhyun finally told Violet everything he felt for her, confessed how he couldn’t forget her and move on, and that’s where I come in.

  I thank Jason for that, to be honest. Letting us face the ugly truth sooner.

  And now I’ve been with Baekhyun for six months. It wasn’t all smooth at first, but it has gotten better. And it is getting better.

  Violet and Sehun have a happy ending.

  And maybe… maybe Baekhyun and I can, too.

  “What, still staring at me?”

  I roll my eyes. “I thought you told me to not stop doing so.”

  Baekhyun smiles and leans forward. “Good. I love – “

  “IT’S STARTING! IT’S STARTING! EVERYONE SHUSH!” Chohee’s scream shrills out like an alarm, and then the whole room quiets down, as the familiar starting song of We Got Married starts. I look at Baekhyun one more time – and find him staring at me, too – and then turn my head to the TV after giving him a smile.

  “So today, Kim Jung In’s mission is to make a special treat for her husband, Oh Sehun, something she calls ‘popcorn-with-every-top-you-can-imagine-on’, and record his every reaction to every different topping, starting with cheese…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The End

 


[Authour's Note Spam]:

ENDING ENDING HAPPY ENDING WIRAAFJAIOEFHAEPIGHPAEJGEILGSRPOGHJRPEOHJPRRHNSRN.

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT OMG THIS FIC HAS ENDED ;_______;

I had so much fun writing it, becoz I love Violet and Leina and Baek and Kyungsoo so much HAHAHA <3 PLS WHO DOESN'T I WILL KINDLY THREATEN YOU TO TELL ME WHY AND MAYBE EVEN GIVE YOU AN AWARD IF YOU HAVE A GOOD REASON. Just kidding lmao. I'm not that kind of person (I think?)

THANK YOU, EVERY ONE OF YOU, FOR SUBSCRIBING, COMMENTING AND EVEN UPVOTING THIS!! YOUR SUPPORT MEANS EVERYTHING TO ME AND IT WATERED THIS even though if I have disappointed some of you for not making it as good as 'Starring In S.M.'s New Movie... With You'. But yeah. THANK YOU GUISE. YOU GAVE ME MONTHS OF EXTREME HAPPINESS. <33333333

So... tell me what you think? Even if it wan't as good as you had expected, it's okay to tell me! I just want to know what you amazing people think of this story omg. Coz I dunno if I should keep writing stuff like this or change a genre and write stuff with action and suspense like my other ongoing fic. LOL.

THANK YOU ALL, AGAIN!! FOR EVERYONE WHO HAS READ THIS SEQUEL, AND HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT!!