Chapter 1 | That One Topic

Dragon Tattoo

You panted heavily as you tightened your grip around your sword. Your eyes were focused on your target as you waited for him to make his move. A smirk slowly made its way upon his face as he drew out his gun and started firing bullets at you continuously. Knowing the direction of each bullet, you placed the sword in front of you and used it as a shield; directing the bullets towards the bulletproof walls that surrounded that room. The shooting went on for a while until eventually, he no longer had any ammo in his gun. This time, it was you who smirked as you unexpectedly jumped and kicked the gun out of his hand. Making a 360 degree turn in mid-air, you brought your sword down towards him as you landed without the slightest sound; your sword just inches away from his face. The atmosphere grew abruptly silent as the two of you stared into each other's eyes.

"Didn't think I'd be able to handle that now, did you?" you smirked cockily. "I'm pretty skilled, don't you think?"

Instead of answering, he flicked your forehead. 

"Ouch!" you exclaimed as you brought your free hand to your forehead, shooting glares at him.

"Don't be too cocky. It's not healthy for your ego." He simply replied with an innocent smile on his face as he let out a small chuckle.

"Aish." you muttered as you pulled the sword away from his face and placed it back on its racking.

"I was simply stating the truth, Oppa." you said, turning back to him.

"Oh really, now?" he raised a brow, amused.

"Yes" you replied. "I'm even better than you." you teased.

He scoffed. "Earth to Min Soo; you do know that I'm your personal trainer right?"

"Earth to Su Ha; you do know that you're more than just my personal trainer right? Or did you forget that you were my best friend too?" you said with a raised brow.

"Maybe I did." he teased, earning a glare from you.

"Relax, Min Soo. You know I'm just kidding." he cooed as he reached out to ruffle your hair, only to have his hand smacked away.

"Don't. Ruffle. My. Hair." you glared at him only to receive a grin back.

"Okay, Ms.Grumpy." he chuckled. Tired of entertaining his rare annoying antics, you turned towards the weapons on the shelf and heaved a heavy sigh.

When will I ever need these weapons again?

"Hey, why the sudden sighing?" Su Ha asked. Turning to him, you heaved another sigh.

"What's the whole point of even training? When will I ever need to use these weapons again?" you asked. You often asked yourself those questions and each time, they'd be left unanswered. 

"You will use these weapons again. Soon, you'll return to-"

"No. Stop right there. Don't you dare finish that sentence." you said, cutting him off.

"Come on Min Soo. You know that's the past. You know you have to return-" 

"No." you replied with an edged tone. "I will never return to them. Ever." 

Su Ha heaved a sigh. How long more will this last, Min Soo?

Before the conversation turned into one big argument, the doorbell rang and you seized the opportunity to avoid that one particular topic.

Opening the door, your eyes widened as you eyed the five figures in front of you.

"What the heck happened to you guys?" you asked in disbelief. They had a few bruises here and there and their shirts looked crumpled and dirty. Their hairs were dishevelled and there was a bruise or two on their faces. It took you a while to come up with the answer and once you did, you raised a brow.

“Who’d you get into a fight with this time?” you asked as you folded your arms and leaned your shoulder against the door with a straight face.

“A group of five idiots who thought they were better than us and decided to challenge us.” Minho said monotonously.

“They call themselves MBLAQ.” Taemin added.

You gave it a thought. “I haven’t heard of them before. What does MBLAQ even stand for and what made them think they could top the second best fighters in the district?” You scoffed as they chuckled at your bluntness.

“I’ll go get the first aid kit.” You said as you turned your back towards them and headed for the kitchen. Just as you were about to enter the kitchen, you met eyes with Su Ha who was coming down the stairs. Looking away, you entered the kitchen. Shinee noticed the tense atmosphere between the both of you, which rarely happened, and turned to look at Su Ha questioningly. Seeing Su Ha heave a sigh, Onew immediately knew what had happened.

“Hyung, did you bring up that topic again?” Onew asked.

“Yeah. She keeps avoiding it.” Su Ha answered as he casted a look upon the door leading to the kitchen.

“She’ll come around. Don’t worry.” Jonghyun said with a small smile as he placed his hand on Su Ha’s shoulder. Su Ha’s gaze was still kept on the kitchen.

“Yeah, I hope so.” He said as he heaved yet another sigh.

------------------

“Hey Min Soo, you want to head out for dinner?” Shinee asked as you made your way down the stairs after another sparring session with Su Ha. The tense atmosphere around the two of you was long gone, even before the start of the second sparring session.

“Sure.” You smiled as you called out for Su Ha who was still in the room. Out popped a head from the corner of a wall with a raised eyebrow.

“Do you want to join us for dinner?” you asked. Su Ha blinked.

“No thanks. I have to head somewhere.” Su Ha smiled. You cocked your head.

“Where are you going?” You asked. Once again, he blinked.

“Just…somewhere.” He said as he slowly headed back to the room, leaving you in a state of confusion.

He has never hidden something from me before so why is this an exception? 


Hey guys! :) So here's my first chapter of Dragon Tattoo...again xD As you can see, this chapter is completely different from my previous first chapter but don't worry; like I said, the story will still be the same ;) 

I know this chapter is a little boring but don't worry, the second chapter will be better and much longer ;)

So leave comments and subscribe :) And I just want to thank all of my wonderful readers for your continuous support! Thank you! And thank you for your upvotes too! 

Till the next update~

-Dian