Kyungsoo

A Phone Call to Daddy

Sehun set Kyungsoo on his feet and the little boy ran to the phone loudly. He took the device from Minseok’s hands and smiled a bright toothy smile. “HI DADDY!” he said loudly causing Baekhyun to giggle and Minseok to roll his eyes.

Luhan’s laugh echoed in the kitchen and Sehun in a breath. “Hi Kyunggie. How are you?”

“I’m doing fine! Daddy! Daddy! Did you know that Jonginnie can do a Crong voice? He almost sounds like him too.”

“He does?”

Kyungsoo nodded, forgetting that his father couldn’t see him. “It’s cute but not as cute as Crong’s actual voice.” The seven year old paused for a moment before speaking again. “Can I tell you a story?” he asked, motioning for Sehun to put him on the counter.

“Alright. Ready, set, go!”

Sehun picked up the boy and set back on the counter before walking away and pulling a chair to listen. He hadn’t heard Kyungsoo’s story and hoped that it had nothing to do with ‘Jonginnie’.

“Okay so today in class, we had to pair up with people, right? And I didn’t know who to pair up with. I had the choices of Jonginnie, Sungyeollie and Woohyunnie but I didn’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings. Both Sungyeollie and Woohyunnie are really good friends of mine but I wanted to be with Jonginnie, so I went with him. Sungyeollie and Woohyunnie were both upset and started to call me a meanie face.” Kyungsoo said with a pout on his face before he continued.

“And then Jonginnie came to rescue!” he cheered. “When Sungyeollie and Woohyunnie walked away, he came and told me that I wasn’t a meanie face and that I was the nicest person he met. And then he hugged me and planted a kiss on my lips.”


Luhan blinked at Kyungsoo’s story before making a noise. He heard a noise on the other side of the phone and he guessed that it was Sehun.

“He did what?” Luhan asked, turning himself around.

“He kissed me.” Kyungsoo repeated. “Like how Daddy kisses Appa.”

The doctor’s eyes went way and he shook his head, laughing slightly. “Did he now?”

“Kyungsoo,” Sehun’s voice said through the receiver and Luhan held back a laugh. “Please don’t let Jongin kiss you again.”

“But why, Appa? I like Jonginnie and Jonginnie likes me. Daddy told me that when I really like someone to give them a kiss.”

“Luhan!” Sehun yelled and Luhan started to laugh.

The doctor’s mind suddenly pushed back to when he was eighteen and the small child was ed into his arms. Quite literary.

Luhan, Sehun and Minseok were out taking a walk, a year after Luhan finally got custody of the little boy. The teenage family was happy when a lady had walked in front of them. She didn’t look too well with her sickly pale skin and slightly dead eyes and no smile. In her arms was a little boy who looked at the two boy with curious doe eyes. He made a noise and so did the mother who pushed him into Luhan’s arms and ran.

Of course being the boy that Luhan was, he was shocked before he ran after the mother to give her the baby back. Luhan never found the mother and stared at the baby in his arms. He had milky white skin and bright doe brown eyes. His smile was contagious, forcing the eighteen year old to smile. The boy was wrapped in a soft baby blue blanket with a note attached saying that his name was Kyungsoo and that the mother was sorry.

Truth be told, Luhan or Sehun never forgot that day. It was the day their second child came into their lives.

Yes they were still kids themselves but they had been managing with Minseok at that time.

“DADDY!” A voice screamed snapping Luhan out of his thoughts.

“Y-yeah?”

“Are you okay?” Kyungsoo asked.

“I’m fine, Kyunggie. Just fine.”


Kyungsoo looked to Sehun who shook his head and motioned for the little to keep talking. The seven year old huffed and stared at the phone, kicking his legs.

“I had practice today.” Kyungsoo said, his smile returning.

“Oh? How did that go?”

“It went well! Mr. Park said that my voice is getting better.”

The seven year old could hear the smile in Luhan’s voice when he spoke. “Did he now?” he paused before asking the next question. “How was the show?”

Kyungsoo stopped kicking his legs and fiddled with his fingers. He looked over to Sehun who nodded and smiled softly. The little boy in a breath before smiling at the phone. “It went well!” he said with a bright smile that Sehun knew was faltering some. “I won second place.”

Sehun heard Luhan choke some. “I’m proud of you, Kyunggie. Who won first?”

“Some boy name Jonghyun. He had a pretty amazing voice too.”

“I see, I see.

Kyungsoo was silent for a moment before speaking.  “Can I sing you the song?” he whispered. Luhan chuckled, telling the boy yes and the boy beamed before clearing his throat to sing. He counted to three and the notes flew out of his mouth.


Kyungsoo’s voice rang out into Luhan’s ears and the young father had to hold back his tears again. The way that the younger boy sang was unbelievably amazing for a little boy and always drove Luhan to tears. He sniffled when Kyungsoo reached a high note and was two seconds from breaking down.

The young doctor set his phone on the bed and put it on speaker, hiccupping and trying his hardest not to break down over the over. He felt an unbearable guilt, when Kyungsoo sang. Luhan knew that the song was the song Kyungsoo had sung for the talent show he just missed. Kyungsoo was so excited to finally show off the song he had been hiding from his father’s for the past two months. Each time Luhan or Sehun would have asked about it, Kyungsoo would shake his head and mumble the words “Not yet. You can’t know yet.”

The song had a meaning before the young doctor ever met Kyungsoo that fine day.

Both to Luhan and Sehun, it meant something more.

It was the song that got the two men together.

It was their song.


Kyungsoo had heard his father’s sniffles and felt his own tears rolling down his cheeks. in a last breath, he finished his song and ended on a low note.

As quietly as he could, the seven year old took the phone off speaker and held it to his lips. Listening carefully and to make sure that Luhan wasn’t crying, little Kyungsoo whispered the words he had been wanting to say since his father first called.

“Daddy, I miss you. Please come home.”

Kyungsoo broke.

~~~~

Miki says:
This wan't supposed to have that much angst!
I feel like it did. ;^;
Oh well.
Next up is baby Baek and then finally, Appa Sehunnie~