Minseok

A Phone Call to Daddy

A.N:
There are two fonts. The one like this, is what's happening on Luhan's side of the phone.
and the one like this, is what's happening on the other side of the phone.
Enjoy~

~~~~

Luhan sighed and rubbed his temples slowly. It had been a long hard day at the hospital and the doctor was glad that he could rest for a bit. The only thing that making the young doctor keep going was the upcoming date he had with his kids.

Yes, kids.

Luhan was twenty-four and had three precious kids. Granted they weren’t blood related to the doctor but they were in fact his. All three of them had been adopted by his partner and him when they were still in high school about six years ago.

The eldest, Minseok, was actually a neighbor’s kid all those years ago. The boy was always being taken care of by Luhan and Sehun so when the mother died and no one wanted the kid, Luhan took him in. Secretly, he was glad that the mother died. She treated the little boy like trash when he was a baby and Luhan was fourteen. The mother died two years later when Luhan turned sixteen.

He had grown so used to the child that he begged his parents to let him taken in the little boy. He promised them that he would take such careful care of the little boy.

It was a few months due to paper work and fighting with the family, who didn’t want the boy, until Luhan could finally call little Minseok his. It was also then that Sehun came into Luhan’s life and thus started the family little Minseok came to love.

Luhan smiled at the memory and sighed, looking over the night in a Chinese city. If anything, he hated to be away from Seoul where his family was at and could remember to look on Minseok’s face when he told him that he had to leave for a while. Luhan promised and promised that he would call when he had gotten the chance to. Earthquakes and panicking people was not a good mix.

It was earlier that morning, when Luhan found out that he could get off early. The first thought that ran through Luhan’s mind was to call back home and see how everything is going. He knew that it was hard on the twenty-two year old. Sehun was kid himself but he could handle the little bundles of joys.

He hoped.


Ten year old Oh Minseok stomped his foot on the ground and pouted, crossing his arms over his tiny chest. He glared at the little dark haired boy sitting in front of the TV watching Pororo. The little boy on the floor giggled happily and flailed his arms turning around to his elder brother.

“Minnie hyung!” the boy said with a toothy smile and a deep set of owl like eyes. “Jonginnie can do a Crong voice!”

Minseok continued to pout at the younger boy. “Kyungsoo, why did you take the TV?” he whined. “Daddy’s gonna call soon and you’re watching Pororo.”

Kyungsoo smiled even more. “I know! When I get to talk to Daddy, I’ll stop watching.” He said with a nod. “Plus I wanna tell Daddy all about Jonginnie’s Crong voice. He almost sounds like him.” The little boy beamed.

The elder boy continued to pout when he felt himself get picked up. “Minseok.” Sehun’s voice cooed in his ear and the ten year old hugged his father’s neck, still pouting before pulling away and looking into the young man’s eyes.

“Appa, how much longer until Daddy calls?” Minseok asked looking at Sehun with big eyes. “I miss him a lot.” he said letting go the student’s neck and crossing his arms over his chest again. “And I want to talk to him.”

Sehun smiled and kissed his eldest’s cheek. “Soon, Minnie. Soon.” He said putting the boy down.

Once Minseok’s feet touched the ground, he ran to where Kyungsoo was watching Pororo. The older child decided, right then and there, that he wanted to watch the show with the younger, despite that he was still slightly mad at the other. He pulled the younger onto his lap and smiled, watching the TV.

Sehun stood by the couch and smiled softly at the two, intertwining his fingers with each other. Slowly he walked away on the hunt for the other little bundle of joy by the name of Baekhyun. Softly he cooed looking around the room.

“Baekhyunnie~” Sehun said continuing to coo as he walked into his shared room with Luhan. “Where are you?”

Softly, a giggle could be heard from the bed. Sehun smiled and tip toed over.

“Baekhyunnie?” he asked pretending to look away from the bed incase Baekhyun was watching. “Oh Baekhyunnie, come out, come out wherever you are.”

Another giggle came from the bed and Sehun’s smile became wider.

Baekhyun jumped up from the covers, his dark hair all wide and crazy and his brown eyes bright. He had his small arms above his head with a giant smile plastered on his face. His clothes wrinkled from hiding in the sheets.

“APPA!” the small boy screamed and Sehun pretended to be scared. He walked over to the bed and scooped up the youngest in his arms. “Did I thcare you?” Baekhyun asked with a wide smile and a small lisp. “Becauthe I wanted to do that.”

Sehun smiled and laughed peppering kisses to the little boy’s cheeks. Baekhyun giggled.

“Baekhyunnie did scare me.”

The five year old cheered and smiled brightly, latching onto his father’s neck. He nuzzled the older man’s neck before sighing happily and squealing when the phone rang.

“Daddy?” Baekhyun questioned and Sehun nodded.

“It might be.”

“DADDY!” Sehun heard Minseok yell as well as the sound of tiny footfalls.

“Let’s go talk to Daddy, Baekhyunnie.”

Baekhyun grinned widely and nodded his head. Sehun’s kissed the little cheek.

Minseok, on the other hand, couldn’t hold his smile any longer as the phone continued to ring. He waited all day for this moment. He missed his other father so much that he wouldn’t stop smiling. Kim Jongdae kept teasing him about the stupid smile that lit the ten year old’s face.

“Appa can I answer it?” he asked turning around and facing the direction he knew that Sehun would come out with a giant smile.

The young father nodded and pointed to the phone as he walked towards the kitchen and the other two boys. “Go on.”

“Hello?” Minseok said quietly, letting his finger rap against the counter with bright eyes.


A little voice answered the phone and Luhan smiled, barely holding his tears. Taking a deep breath, the doctor answered.

“Minseokkie?”

“DADDY!” The ten year old screamed through the phone. “HI DADDY!”

Luhan laughed gently at his son’s voice. “Hey little bun, how are you?”

“I’m doing good. How are you Daddy? How is everything?”

“Everything is going well, Seokkie.” Luhan said biting his lip gently. It took everything then and there not to make strange noises.

“Is it?” the little boy beamed through the phone. “We miss you.”

Luhan felt his heart swell in warmth and happiness. “I miss all of you too.”

“Daddy, I played with Jonggie today and he said that I looked funny.”

The doctor smiled and ran his fingers through his hair. He could hear the ten year old pout that formed on the little boy’s face.  He turned away from the window he was staring at to look at the plain room he didn’t like so much. To the doctor, it was missing something.

“I told him that I was waiting to talk to you and he said that the smile didn’t suit me and then he corrected himself and then he said to tell you hi.”


Minseok finished his story with a small smile and looked over at Sehun who was trying not to laugh.

“And Appa is laughing at me.”

“I am not.” Sehun snorted and Luhan’s laughter could be heard through the phone. Slowly, Sehun reached over the ten year old and grabbed the phone putting it on speaker. He motioned for Minseok to continue talking and for everyone else to be quiet.

Baekhyun giggled and Kyungsoo smiled brightly, both waiting their turn to talk to their father.

“I’m sure Appa didn’t mean to laugh at you Minseokkie.” Luhan cooed through the phone and Sehun smiled softly, setting Baekhyun down on the counter. He picked up Kyungsoo and sat him next to Baekhyun. “What’s Appa doing?”

“Sitting with Baekhyunnie and Kyunggie.”

“I see. Now tell me about school.”

Minseok beamed and started to talk. “So today, Mr. Park got mad at our class because we were being loud. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him so mad before. Jonggie said it was because it’s almost the weekend and everyone can’t wait to get out of class.”

“Were you talking?”

“No sir, I wasn’t.”

“Luhan laughed gently. “Good boy.”

Minseok grinned. “Jonggie is also going to the beach this weekend with Junmyeon hyung and Yixing hyung. They asked if I could come but I said no.”

“Why?”

“Because I want to stay home and wait for your calls.” Minseok said with the brightest smile. “After all I love Daddy and I miss him a lot.”


Luhan paused and blinked listening to the little one’s words. A lone tear rolled down his cheek as he laid on the sheets. He heart squeezed some when he heard those words come out of his son’s mouth. Very softly he could hear the coo of his lover and the small giggle of the youngest. Luhan almost cried out.

“Well Daddy misses you a bunch, Minseokkie.” Luhan said with a smile.

“Does Daddy miss Kyunggie too?” Kyungsoo’s voice rang out followed by a loud shush from Sehun.

“Kyunggie.” Minseok whined. “It’s not your turn yet.”

Luhan laughed and wiped a tear from his face. “Minseokkie, don’t say that.”

“But Daddy…”

“No buts.”

The doctor swore that he could hear Minseok pout over the phone. “Fine.” He said. “Kyunggie, it’s your turn.”

~~~~

Miki says:
Fluff is hard to write and this is coming out shorter than I thought.
Oh and in case you didn't figure it out, but I'm hoping that you did,
Jonggie is Jongdae.^^