Baekhyun

A Phone Call to Daddy

Luhan’s heart broke at the sound of Kyungsoo’s voice. The tears that he had been holding ever so tightly, finally decide to roll down his cheeks. Yes, he really missed his young ones. It had already been two weeks since he last saw them and he didn’t know how much longer he was going to be. All this time away from his family was killing him. He was so used to the loud cries of the little ones that sleeping in lonely, cold room wasn’t right.


Baekhyun jumped off the counter and waddled to his elder brother’s legs. He patted them gently as if comforting the elder boy before letting out a big goofy smile and raising his arms up. Kyungsoo nodded and pulled the younger to sit next to him. The five year old then latched onto his brother’s side and took the phone.

“Daddy!” he shouted. “When are you coming home? Kyunggie hyung and Appa look like they about to cry.” Baekhyun scolded. “You havth to come home thoon, okay? I don’t want them to cry anymore.”

When Luhan didn’t say anything, Baekhyun pouted and crossed his arms, almost dropping the phone.

“I’m coming home soon, Baekkie. I promise.”

“You better keep your promithe Daddy.”

“I will.”

Baekhyun smiled. “Good!” he said, letting go of Kyungsoo’s waist and putting the phone back on speaker. “I made a friend today.”

“Oh? What’s his name?”

“Hith name ith Channieyeollie. Channieyeollie ith thix and he’th tho tall!” Baekhyun said with a clap of his hands. “When Appa took me to thcool, I meet him when I fell. He wath tho nice to me and we became friendth. He thaid that he would like to meet Appa and Daddy one day. Do you think that you can do that?”

“Of course! I would love to meet Baekhyunnie’s friend.”

Baekhyun grinned widely and turned to look at his father, his eyes turning into crescents. “Did you hear that, Appa? Baekhyunnie, Daddy and Appa are going to vithit Channieyeollie one day! I can’t wait!” he squealed.


It wasn’t a surprise that Luhan was laughing so hard at the sound of Baekhyun’s voice. The little five year old seemed so excited by the fact he finally found a friend. The doctor knew that the young boy was having a hard time in his preschool. The fact that having two fathers wasn’t making the child’s life easy.

But technically, Baekhyun wasn’t really their child.

He was Sehun’s cousin’s child. She didn’t want her parents finding out about the child and therefore gave him to Sehun when he was baby. Luhan found it out that a little bundle of joy could be somehow related to Sehun because they were the exact opposites. Baekhyun was loud and always smiling. Sehun… not so much. The younger father was quiet and always thoughtful. He was smart and sometimes acted like a five year old but that’s what made Luhan fall for the younger.

Luhan felt his face warm up and smiled bashfully at the phone.

At that moment, there was nothing else that Luhan wanted than to see the love of his life and the three little joys he was able to call his.


“Daddy!” Baekhyun called out. “Daddy! Can you tell me a thtory?”

Luhan nodded and voiced out his reply, thinking hard of a story to tell the little one. “What would you like to hear?”

Baekhyun was silent for a moment. “I wanna hear about the Little Prince.”

Baekhyun heard Minseok groan and Kyungsoo hold back laughter.

“Okay.” Luhan’s voice echoed in the kitchen. “Once upon a time, there was a lonely prince and he wanted a friend. He looked far and wide and you know what? No one wanted to be friends with the Little Prince. Everyone already had their friends and were playing and laughing with them. No matter what the prince did, no one wanted to be friends with the Little Prince.”

“That’th thad Daddy.”

“I know Baekhyunnie.” The doctor said. “Now, since the Little Prince didn’t have any friends, he decided to go and find one. So he left his castle. While he was on his journey, he met many people that could have been his friends but it wasn’t the type of friend the Little Prince wanted. So he continued to search. And how did he search Baekhyun?”

“He heard of the dragon thlayer. Right?” Baekhyun asked kicking his legs and placing his head on Kyungsoo’s lap. He smiled brightly at the other boy before listening to the smoothing sound of Luhan’s voice.

“That’s right!” Luhan chirped. “He had heard of the dragon slayer. Very carefully, the Little Prince went to go look for a dragon just so he could make a real friend.”

“Oh no!” Baekhyun squealed before yawing quietly.

The five year old was happy as he listened to the sound of the elder’s voice. He had missed the boy he called ‘Daddy’ and it was driving him crazy. Little Baekhyunnie started to miss having his father take him out for blueberry ice cream and to see the crazy pink haired noona.


Luhan could tell that Baekhyun was getting sleepy. Maybe it was the fact that he heard the little boy yawn or the fact it was late at night. It was way past all of the children’s bed times and Luhan cursed in head for calling at such a time.

He stopped his story and heard a soft whine from the other end of the line.

“Why did you thtop Daddy?” Baekhyun whined. “The thtory wasn’t done.”

“But Baekhyunnie needs to go to sleep. It’s late.”

“Daddy.” The baby whined again. “I want to keep lithtening to the thtory. I want to keep lithtening to you.”

“Baekhyun.”

“Daddy, did you know that when I get older I’m might find a lover?” Baekhyun said cutting off the young father. “And did you know that even if I found a prince, that you’ll be my favourite prince?”

Luhan chuckled. “What brought that on?”

“I don’t know. I jutht wanted to tell you that.” The five year old said with a yawn. “Maybe I thhould go to thleep. Baekhyunnie’th thleepy.”

“Yes, yes you should.”

“I will but Daddy, come home thoon. I mith you tho much.” He whimpered. “Okay?”

“I will Baek. I will.”

There wasn’t a sound from Baekhyun until he heard a soft snore coming from the baby. Luhan heard Kyungsoo’s small laughter before the elder boy spoke.

“He’s a sleep, Daddy. I’m going to put him to bed and let you talk to Appa.” Kyungsoo said. “Don’t forget your promise.”

~~~~

Miki says:
And that's that. I felt like this was slightly confusing.
Do tell me if it was and I'll rewrite it~
I don't mind doing so ^^
And it was hard to write the lithp. Tho hard.
But I got it! Cx