Sehun

A Phone Call to Daddy

Sehun chuckled as he watched Kyungsoo carry Baekhyun. He grabbed the phone and pointed to Minseok who shook his head and yawned some.

“Goodnight Daddy.” He said to the phone. “Good night Appa.”

And with that Minseok was gone not waiting for the two good nights from his fathers.

Sehun moved back to his chair putting the phone off speaker.

“Hey stranger.” He cooed and Luhan laughed.

“Hey.”

“How are things?”

“Alright, I guess. Work’s a as always.” Sehun laughed and held the phone tighter. He smiled softly and leaned back into the chair. “How about you? Everything going alright?”

“Yeah. School’s getting harder and harder. The boys are being angels about it too. Minseok is doing the things he’s supposed to be doing and coming home right after school. Kyungsoo is helping out in the kitchen and scolding me when I do something wrong. Baekhyun is just being Baekhyun.”

Luhan sniffed. “I miss you guys.”

Sehun’s nose twitched and a sad smile littered the student’s face. “We miss you too, Hannie.”

“Hunnie, I miss you so much.”

“I miss you too.”

“It’s killing me because I don’t know how much longer. You know how it is.” Luhan said with a sigh. “I just want to be home. I swear that I can hear Baekhyun’s laughter, Kyungsoo’s nagging, Minseok’s yelling and your mumbles of school. Can I just come home?”

“As much as I want you to, you can’t. They need you up there, Hannie. Just bare it for a little longer.”

“Hunnie.”

“Honestly, we’re doing fine. We just miss Daddy.” Sehun cooed.


Luhan broke down on tears when he heard Sehun say that. Honestly, the moment he heard the younger’s voice, he wanted to cry. As if everything was in his head, the young doctor could picture Sehun comforting him and telling him not to cry. He dropped the phone and covered his face hiding the ugly sniffles coming from his mouth.

“Hannie,” Sehun’s voice filled the room. “Don’t cry, please don’t cry.”

Luhan wanted to cry harder but the way that Sehun was pleading on the phone made his tears slow down. He sniffled and set the phone onto speaker. For a moment he was amazed that he could hear the sound of Sehun’s voice when it wasn’t on.

“I’m sorry. I just miss everything about Seoul.”

“You’ll be home soon. I know you will.”

“Hunnie.”

“Just remember this forever and always, I love you Luhan. Until the day when hell freezes over and the end of the world is near, I will always love you.”

Luhan choked and flopped onto his bed. He grabbed the nearest pillow and listened as Sehun started to talk about his classes and his friend, Tao and Taemin. The doctor snuggled into the pillow and smiled softly remembering that it was his pillow from home. Very faintly, Luhan could smell the sweet and intoxicating smell of home. He buried his face in more and made a noise.

“Hannie?” Sehun’s voice called out and Luhan snapped up.

“Sorry.”

The younger laughed and Luhan felt a million times lighter. He always felt like that when the other laughed. Sehun’s laugh was like sitting on cloud nine. Always fluffy and soft.

Well at least to Luhan it was.

“I bet you didn’t hear anything I just said.” Sehun accused.

“Sorry.” Luhan squeaked. “I was… uh… err.”

“Sniffing the pillow you took?”

Luhan felt his face heat and he made another noise. “How did you know?”

“Because I know you, Hannie.”

The doctor laughed and felt at peace.


Sehun’s favourite thing was to tease his elder lover. He knew that the other was going to have a hard time away from them and he knew that when Luhan would miss something, he would take something small. In this case it was the pillow.

The younger had found it missing the day after Luhan had left.

“Oh so you know me so well?” Luhan teased on the other end. “How so?”

“Well considering I’ve known you for a while now, I think that I can say that I know you. How long has it really been?”

Luhan was silent for a moment before answering. “I really don’t know. A while.”

“See? So I do know you and the little habits of yours.”

A chuckle came through. “Sehun, I want to feel your arms around me. Is that strange?”

“I don’t think so.” Sehun, standing up and moving to the couch to lie down. He stared up at the ceiling and listened as Luhan spoke.

“It’s been an odd two weeks. I haven’t slept well without you since I first met you. It’s weird.”

“I can’t sleep without you either, Hannie. I feel like a piece is missing.”

Luhan laughed. “We sound cheesy, Hunnie.”

“Only for each other.” Sehun thought for a moment. “Hannie, can you sing for me?”


Luhan had found the request slightly strange and cute. The last time he had sung for Sehun was the day that the elder went to Jeju for three days. And that was about two years ago. “What would you like me to sing?” he asked, curling his hair around his finger like a teenage girl.

“I don’t care. Just something, please.”

Luhan nodded, fully knowing that the other couldn’t see him. He thought for a minute before his voice rang out. The sweet sound of his voice filling the room was enough for Luhan to feel like he was back in high school, talking to his crush. There were the butterflies that flew the first time he ever sang in front of Sehun.

Over the phone, he could hear Sehun humming along softly. It was faint and could have been something with the connection but Luhan thought he heard a sniffle coming from the other male. He smiled at the thought of Sehun crying over something like a song making his voice change slightly.

“What happened?” Sehun asked when Luhan stopped singing suddenly and let out a laugh.

“Nothing. I was just thinking of you and your silliness.”

Sehun scoffed. “My silliness? Hyung, I think you got it wrong. I’m not that silly. You are.”

Luhan laughed and turned over on the bed and snuggled back into his pillow. “Sehunnie, it’s time for me to get off. I have to go back to work in a few hours.”

“Then why did you call!?” the younger almost yelled. “Luhan you need your sleep more that I do. You know that.”

“I know but I missed you guys and I really wanted to speak to the kids.”

Sehun sighed and Luhan could hear the smile. “Well that you’ve talked to them, you should rest and call me when you’re not almost falling asleep on me.”

The doctor laughed. “How did you know?”

“Again because I know you, oh so well, Luhannie. Don’t forget that.”

“I know.”

“Goodnight love. I hope that you dream of me and all my supposed silliness.”

Luhan giggled and nodded, hoping that the tears forming in his eyes again wouldn’t spill. “Goodnight Goofy Hun.” The doctor paused. “I love you.”

“I love you so much Luhan.”

“I know. Now go so I can sleep.”

Sehun laughed one last time before bidding another goodnight and that was that. To say that Luhan went to sleep right after that was a lie because he didn’t. His mind was too busy thinking of the people waiting for him at home.

Honestly, Luhan couldn’t wait to get home.

“Just a little longer.” He spoke softly as he got up for his shift. “Just a little longer.”

~~~~

Miki says:
I actually wanted to cry because I was done with it. So sad. ;A;
But on a happier note, I decied that I really didn't want to end it here.
And that I really want to write when Luhan comes home.
So! In that case I will now present Welcome Home, Daddy!
A sequel to this lovely story.
I don't know how long it'll be. Maybe two chapters? Maybe a one shot.
I don't actually know...
So yeah~
Clicky the title for the story~