In Your Eyes

5 YEARS OF LOVE

I have been told once but

I felt the heart beating on that day

 

I know from the start

I was not sure what, we sounded like it is destiny

 

Love me and

Time will lead you

Forever without breaking up

I thought I was dreaming, like a real dream

 

Remember that day when we first met

Dazzling and radiant eyes and gave me such a day

Thank you for what you gave me

 

“Thank you very much, Lee-shi!” Grace bowed again and again as soon as she stepped out of the coffee shop. She had become successful by getting a job for May since she needed it so much. She had got the job of a barista.

Grace looked at the watch as she crossed the road carefully. She had to hurry or she’d be really late for her work. She worked as an intern in one of the biggest fashion houses in Seoul. It was not like she was going to be a designer soon, but she got an internship that’s why moved here.

She was right in time. As soon as she saw the bus, she climbed inside it, hoping that there was something interesting out there waiting for her.

After a straight drive of 15 minutes, she finally reached there.

“Wow! I’m just in time!” she looked at her watch and smiled encouragingly.

Out of all the things, being late was definitely not in her list. She was a maintained person, always particular about the time. Because whatever it could, she knew that time waits for no one… and you just have to make the most of it that you got. And she learned it the hard way, actually…

“Oh, Grace! You’re finally here!” A girl in her early thirties came running towards her. It was no one but the personal secretary of the CEO.

“Annyeong haseyo,” Grace greeted her in her really polite Korean. She bowed down and tried not to fall down any moment.

“Save the instruction for later,” the lady, Yun Sun young, was as mentioned before, personal secretary to the CEO and she seemed in a hurry, “you need to hurry up and bring those specimens right now to the office!”

“But… what’s the hurry? It got delivered just yesterday!” she took a cup of coffee on her way as they started rushing towards the lift.

The lady sighed and shook her head as they waited for the lift to reach their floor, “It might sound weird… but just a few hours ago, we got a call from this big entertainment company and they want us to design costumes and everything for their idol group. The CEO’s been freaking out since this group is really famous… this could probably be a really good publicity for us, you know.”

“Okay,” Grace turned to look at her, “take a deep breath, Sun Young-ssi! One at a time…” she chuckled slightly as they both went inside the lift, “so… what do you want from me?”

The lady sighed again. This time, she gave one of those worried sighs, “You very well know that our head designer’s been pretty busy with some other preparations for the president’s daughter’s wedding and etc… I just need you to co-operate with me, since you’re the only sensible intern out of all of them.”

Grace couldn’t help but that take as a bit of a compliment. She straightened up and looked at her with a smile, “So… what do you really want me to do?”

Sun Young gave a tired smile as they stepped out of the lift, “I want you to bring those samples for me. And after you’re done with that, I’ll give you one of our company’s best designs. You’ll have to go there, show them the sample designs, come back and start working on it…” she went towards her office but turned back to look at Grace, “I can trust you on this, right?”

Grace nodded her head and smiled, “Of course.” She said and handed her the coffee.

“Thanks,” she muttered under her breath, “please… bring those samples as soon as possible for me, nae?”

“Nae!” grace saluted her and gave her a bright smile.

Sun young went inside her office with a bit of content. Now it was all up to Grace to sort out the samples… and she knew it that it was going to be a tiring job since she’s never visited the company’s store-house, and by the looks of it, she knew that it would be huge.

She sighed and massaged her temples as she started walking towards the lift to go down the lobby again.

She had thought that today would be a really refreshing day for her indeed… this is not what she really thought it would be.

Grace smiled as she saw the company’s name written on the lift… ‘Wings’... She smiled and her ring gently before finally stepping out.

 

 

“Yes, mother. I have reached the building already… yes… I’ll make sure that I’ll not get recognized easily…” he finally hung up the phone as soon as he stepped out of the car. He looked at himself in the mirror once again.

He looked almost… unrecognizable with the whole get up. He didn’t look like himself anymore.

Suho chuckled a bit as looked around to see there were any fans. He smiled contently and went inside the building. His mother had called him for some work. Which work, he did not know… but he couldn’t say no to his own mother, could he?

He sighed as he went towards the counter.

“Can I help you, sir?” the receptionist asked politely as soon as she saw him.

Suho took off his glasses, “Yunmi-ssi, it’s me.” He said in a whisper. It was not like he was a runaway fugitive.

The receptionist, Yunmi, tried to control her laugh as she nodded her head, “I’ll inform the CEO right away.” She said as she took dialed a number on the phone beside her.

Suho’s mother was a CEO of a big fashion house ‘Wings’ and they were know for their fantasy themed designs which made them a total popular hit amongst fashion lovers.

He went towards where all the people were sitting…

Suho flicked through the pages of magazines laid down on the table. He didn’t understand why his mother called him. He was in the middle of his practice, and he couldn’t just leave it and come. He had to do a lot of convincing to his manager.

“I hope it’s something good,” he sighed deeply.

 

 

“Yes. This one is perfect!” the CEO beamed with happiness as soon as Sun Young and Grace showed her all the sample materials, “I’m so proud of you two.” She patted Grace’s back and smiled encouragingly.

“Khamsahmida!” Grace bowed down and smiled brightly. She was really happy that her hard work paid well. She had to dig her way through the huge store-room, then could she find the suitable piece.

The CEO stood up from her seat and took out her phone, “My son has arrived. I suppose Grace is going to the entertainment company for the review?” she looked at Sun Young who nodded her head slowly.

She smiled, “Great. I just texted him to come to my office… Grace-ssi, my son will accompany you since he pretty much knows about that place a lot. And this whole work involves him too,” she chuckled as soon as she said the last sentence.

Grace nodded her head, “Nae. I’ll do my best.”

Sun Young was about to say something else when the door clicked open. Everyone turned their back to see who it was. And standing beside the door, looking angelic as ever was the most beautiful man Grace had ever seen…

Grace was shell-shocked. She had never expected to see him… like this. She wasn’t sure of what she was looking at either.

It was Suho. Her first love.

 

She was in Seoul all this while? Millions of questions started to pour inside his mind as soon as he saw her. All of a sudden, his mind played back to the time when he had promised her that he’d come back; just for her.

But now that she was standing right in front of him, he didn’t know what to do.

For the first time in his life… Suho felt nervous. Really nervous.

 

 

Love me and

Time will lead you

Forever without breaking up

I thought I was dreaming, like a real dream.

 

Looking at me smiling to you

It was a good day

Why there are tears

In my eyes

 

Forever we will not break up

Always dream to hope that will not change the next day

 

Love stays

Our time to be together

Do not change, forever

Like a dream to me like a dream.

 

Remember that day when we first met

Strikingly radiant you for coming on such a day

I really thank you

 

I really need some fresh air, May thought as she looked out the window. The weather was really breezy and nice. It had been a long time since she felt genuinely happy. It was as if something really good was waiting for her.

She quickly changed her clothes while humming to her favorite song. Today…. she was in a perfect mood.

May quickly took out the extra keys that Grace always keeps inside the mat. She stepped out of the house and closed the door behind her. Since her unni was out for her work, she had nothing else to do. There was sill 2 weeks left for her college to start, and by that time she wanted to get used to living in Korea.

She made sure that she took a tourist guide with her in case she lost her way.

May looked at the book, luckily it was written in English, and read out the bus routes. She wanted to go to Apgujeong so she had to that the route no. 1345. May smiled as she waited for the bus at the bus stand.

She could see a lot of high-school kids who seemed like they were fan-girling over something or someone, but she could care less. It was not like she knew them, but it was making her so damn curious since all the girls were squealing so much.

“Excuse me,” she finally got the courage to walk up to one of them and speak confidently, “but can you tell me what you guys are talking about?” she asked slowly so the girls cold catch her English since her Korean was so bad.

The girls nodded their head in confusion and gave her the news magazine that they were holding, “This…” one of the girls said and pointed towards it.

May bowed her head with a smile and took it politely, “Khamsahmida.” She smiled at them and they did the same. These people were really polite.

She couldn’t understand a thing since it was all written in Korean but there were a few English words too…

And now that she looked at it, it was news article on EXO.

May quickly flipped through the pages to at least get the hang of the news. But she could only read the few English words like ‘New Album’, ‘Fan sign’, ‘Lucky girls’ and many more…

She turned to look at some of the girls, “Fan sign?” she asked and pointed towards the paper.

A girl came in front and started explaining it to her, “EXO-M… Fan sign… Autograph… Kangnam Hotel… we are go there…” she started explaining in her broken English.

But the best part was May could really understand it all.

EXO-M is having a fan sign event in Kangnam!? I need to go there!! She thought as soon as the girl explained.

“Can I come with you too?” she asked politely, hoping that they would take her with them too.

The group of girls smiled and nodded their head, “Sure!” everyone said.

“Daebak!” May smiled enthusiastically as she looked at the sky. This was not going to be that much of a boring day for her at all, it seemed.

 

After they climbed into the bus for Kangnam, May started flipping through the pages furiously to catch a photo of Luhan, but there was no photo, only the news article.

“You like EXO?” one of the girls asked.

May nodded her head and smiled, “I love them.” She said. One person in particular.

 

After riding in the bus for almost 20 minutes, she had finally reached the hotel where the fan sign event was scheduled to take place.

And as expected, there were hell lot of girls…

Her motivation died down as soon as she saw the number of girls queuing in front of the hotel’s main gate. She doubted the fact that she would be able to get inside at least.

“Oh man,” she sighed and jumped up to see how many girls there were. By the look of it, I think there were thousands of them, all waiting to meet EXO-M.

Should I go? She scratched the back of her neck and pouted. But since I’m already here, let’s give it a try! She looked up at the sky with a determined look. She was not going to give up today, not at all.

 

“Wow… look at the number of people out there.” Xiumin peeked out of the window as soon s they reached their venue.

Chen obeyed and looked out, “You’re right… they are all here to see me.” He said and sat back in his seat as he took out a small fan and started fanning himself with it.

Tao scoffed and slapped him lightly, “You can always dream on, Chen Chen…” he led out a small chuckle and started checking his reflection in the mirror.

“I hope that this event can get wrapped up as soon as possible.” Kris groaned in frustration and closed his eyes. He was feeling really tired today since Lay had refused to give him dinner yesterday; it was not the only reason… but… here’s the Duizzhang for you, people!

Lay chuckled and rubbed his shoulder, “You need to start appreciating what you got, Kris.” He spoke in the most polite way he could, “GET YOUR HEAD ON IDIOT!” he shouted at him and sat back again, transforming into the innocent Lay.

Kris shrugged and looked at him; “If only the fangirls knew your real personality…” he got goose-bumps as soon as he said that. This was not a good sign at all.

Luhan led out a deep sigh and looked out the window. He was deadly tired today since he just recovered back from his fever and the last thing he wanted was to attend a fan-sign event. But he couldn’t do anything, could he?

“Han… are you okay?” Lay asked. They both were sitting at the back seat together.

He nodded his head and led out a weak smile, “I am… I’m just a bit sleepy.”

Lay looked worried as usual, “If you’re not really well, then I can inform the manager. You can go back to the dorm and get some rest, you know…”

Before he could say anything else, Luhan interrupted him, “Yixing… I’m absolutely fine. Nothing has happened to me. See?” he smiled brightly.

Lay knew that he should follow his guts, but he knew that Luhan would be fine. He sighed and patted on his back, “Alright…”

“I’m the elder one, you know.” Luhan looked at him and chuckled slightly.

Lay sighed and looked at Kris, “Someone’s got to be responsible, you know…. AND OH MY GOD! WU YI FAN! GET THAT REMOTE OUT OF YOUR MOUTH, RIGHT NOW!”

Kris looked back at him with a confused expression. He had a remote inside his mouth. Only god knows why it was there. He spitted it out as if it was some eatable and looked at Lay, “Oh, I was just…”

Lay shook his head, “Seriously! Why were you made the leader?”

Kris stuck out his tongue playfully at him as he placed his palm just right in front of Lay's face, "Talk to the hand, Yixing...."

Lay sighed and gave up. There was no way he was going to argue with this Wu Dumb Fan. But the thing he was worried about the most was this... Luhan looked awfully tired today... he hoped that everything was going alright with him.

 

"Wow.... there are so may girls here!" May looked at the queue in front of her with a shocked expression. She didn't know that these many girls would show up! But then again... EXO-M isn't just another idol group.

She sighed and flumped her shoulders in disappointment, "I thought I would get to see Luhan today..." she said and looked at the small pendant around her neck. It looked beautiful as ever, "it's alright... maybe some other day." she nodded her head and smiled. It was not like she was going to leave Seoul in the coming days. She would be staying her for a long time.

 

I'm so tired... Luhan thought as soon as he got out of the van. He had a high fever the day before. The manager had told him to rest, but he refused. Talk about working hard.

But he still didn't show his pain... Instead, he smiled and waved at the crowd happily.

That's when he turned his back...

He thought that he had seem someone...

It felt like deja vu... it was like he had seen her before. And as luck would have it, she turned her back....

"That's...." Luhan stared at her for a while, still can't believing what he just saw. But it was too real to be an illusion, and he knew that it was her. It was her.

"Excuse me..." he pushed through the crowd, trying to find his way... but it was too late. She was already gone.

He fought back his tears as he looked around... he could not risk losing her again this time.

 

"This mall is too huge... the directions not helping either." May looked around anxiously, trying to search for a food joint. She was feeling terribly hungry.

As luck would have it, she saw this really small cafe and it looked attractive enough from inside. She could just go in and check whatever was there.

May smiled stupidly to herself and was about to enter it when someone pulled her from there. She didn't know who it was... but this guy was pretty strong.

She wanted to shout but he wrapped his hand over and was holding her hands tightly. Panic started to rise inside her... she had to do something! Was she being kidnapped?!

The person, whoever it was, took her to this really small and dark store-room and she could barely see herself...

"WHO ARE YOU?!"  she shouted as soon as he released her...

The person sighed heavily and switched on the lights....

How could this be...? she thought as soon as she saw him...

"I promised you, didn't I? The person smiled warmly at her and it still made her heart beat wildly, "that I'll come back for you?"

It was Luhan. Her Luhan.