Why I Like You

5 YEARS OF LOVE

 

Even though, when I turn on the TV 
I hear news of the world that makes my shoulders droop and gloomy
Your very clear voice this morning
I do I do I do yeah
The one reason that makes me perfect
Makes me live, makes me laugh is having you yeah

You you
when you say “Love you love you, I love you”
You make me believe
You you, when you silently silently look into my eyes and laugh you make me laugh
The reasons why I like you

 

 

“Anything else?” Luhan asked her with a smile as soon as the waitress gave them their orders. He was meeting for real for the first time. It was like a dream come true for him. He still couldn’t believe the fact that she was sitting right in front of him.

May shook her head and smiled embarrassingly, “I’m fine.” She said nervously. She was kind of surprised. Who wouldn’t be, by the way? But, she noticed one thing… Luhan was speaking in English as if he has been speaking it since his child-hood. He was really good!

He chuckled a bit and sipped on his coffee, “So…” he could not find a word to say. He wasn’t sure as to what he could say. The height of nervousness had exceeded its normal level in his case.

“How have you been?” he finally asked, after a lot of thinking.

She smiled at him, “I have been doing really great. What about you?” she asked. May was really curious about everything that had happened with him in these past years. Though she followed EXO really closely, she felt as though she didn’t know him really well even after watching all those variety shows.

Luhan smiled happily. He had been waiting for this moment in his life, “I’m in perfect shape. Nothing much, though… my life’s been going pretty normal.” He said and looked at her. For some reason, he knew that this was not the kind of answer she had expected. But, it was too early for him to tell her everything, you know.

She nodded her head. May completely understood as to why he was hiding something from her. It was too early on her part too.

May sighed and looked down when she saw the pendant dangling around her neck. She glanced over at Luhan and asked him, “Why did you leave me your pendant?”

He was taken aback by the sudden question, but he had to give her an answer, “As a promise.”

“A promise for what?” she asked him and looked straight in his eyes.

He smiled a bit and sighed, “A promise that I’d come back for you.”

She looked down and caressed the pendant with her fingers, “Promises…” she whispered softly and smiled. For some reason, she was happy. She finally got to meet him.

 

Even if many many people don’t acknowledge me
I straighten out my shoulders and be more confident
My one and only person
The person that I love
My you my you my you yeah

 

A bit more than the beginning
A bit more than yesterday
The reason that I’ve come to love you even more today, girl
Our little secret, yeah

 

Luhan took a deep breath and looked at her, “For the past few years… I tried every bit to search for you.” He said and looked in her eyes. Her eyes were the reason why he had fallen for her in the first place.

“Why?” she asked. She wanted the answer. And that would be quite enough for her.

“Because…” he started to speak but stopped. What could he possibly say? Was it the right time? Should he really tell her now?

“Because?” she eyed him and tried to get the answer out of his mouth.

Luhan sighed again and smiled a bit, “I’ll tell you when the right time comes.”

May groaned, “And when will that be?” she asked.

He chuckled a bit at her childishness, “Very soon. I promise.”

May smiled with a content expression. She knew that he would keep his promise. But this was something which she really wanted to know. She had been holding this inside herself since the past few years.

She had to know it. But since Luhan was right in front of her now, she could literally breathe in peace.

“You had a fan sign event today, right? Why aren’t you there right now?” May asked as soon as she realized it. A while ago he was inside the hotel waiting for the fans and everything… now? He was sitting right in front of her.

He chuckled a bit and scratched the back of his neck, “Hey! We’re meeting each other for the first time in 5 years! I could care less about the fan sign…” he pouted his lips and mumbled the last sentence.

She chuckled and looked at her watch, “You still have time left. You can still go there, you know.” She tried to hold in her laughter.

Luhan sighed and looked at her, “Don’t you want to spend time with me?” he asked her in a bit of a serious tone.

May couldn’t help but blush by the way he had asked her that. She shook her head slightly and looked down to hide her red face, “But…”

 

You you to me
When you say “love you love you, I love you”
You make me believe
You you to me
When you come beside me beside me and lean on me
I gain strength

 

Your gentle smile
Your y eyes
Your weird words
That are sometimes unpredictable like the weather yeah
Just as you are
Without having to fix anything
The person that is so lovable to me is you
That person is you yeah

 

He looked at her straight in the eyes and smiled a bit, “I want to spend the whole day with you today. Will you grant me this wish?”

She gulped hard and looked in his eyes. They were beautiful and… captivating, all the more reason why her heart had started beating so much more than before. May nodded her head and smiled in embarrassment, “If that’s what you want…”

Luhan got up from his place with a smile and stretched out his right hand for her, “I’ll take you to the most beautiful place ever.”

That’s when May looked up to see his face. The way he smiled while looking at her straight in the eyes… the way he smiled when he spoke those words… her heart started beating wildly but she didn’t look away at all. She just can’t get enough of him…

May got up too as she reached out her hand for him slowly… his hand felt so warm and welcoming. There was a certain warmth in the way he had intertwined their fingers.

Luhan looked at her with a smile, “By the way, I forgot to tell you one more thing.”

May blushed a bit and tried to look away as she asked, “What?”

He smiled and held her hand more tightly, “You’re beautiful.”

No, Luhan. You’re the most beautiful person I have ever met. May thought as soon as he said that and looked up at him.

Luhan was definitely the happiest man in this earth right now. He had never thought that a day like this would come and now that it was already here, he wasn’t sure of what to do. But he was confident…

He glanced at her again and again as they started walking towards the exit hand-in-hand. It was the most beautiful feeling for him. He wasn’t sure whether she felt that way for him too or not, but her face would turn a little red every now and then; and he knew that she was feeling the same too.

“Won’t people recognize you?” May asked as soon as they got out. She was worried… what if someone sees them like this?

Luhan took out a cap from his bag with a really geeky looking glass and wore it. He looked at her and chuckled, “How do I look?”

She giggled slightly and gave him a thumb up, “Even I can’t recognize you if you’re dressed up like this.”

Luhan smiled proudly and striked a pose, “See? I came prepared.” He held her hand again and smiled as they walked, “let’s go!”

 

You you
When you say “love you love you, i love you”
You make me believe
You you
When you silently silently look into my eyes and laugh you make me laugh
The reasons why I like you

You you to me
When you say “love you love you, i love you”
You make me believe
You you to me
When you come beside me beside me and lean on me
I gain strength
The reasons why I like you

 

You could call it one of those ordinary ‘dates’. But it was more than special for the both of them. They roamed around the streets of the busy market, hand-in-hand. They’d never let go of each other, you know.

They looked like a normal ‘couple’, you could say.

Luhan wanted to so something special for her, but since he met her in such a hurry, he didn’t even have the time to prepare something special for her. But he had to do something for her!

May stopped in her tracks as she came across this pet shop, “Let’s go in there.” She said and pointed towards the small puppies.

He smiled and nodded his head, “Alright…”

They both went inside the store as she started roaming around and playing with the puppies. The pups were too cute to be real. She was really fond of animals. Back at home, she had three dogs. A golden retriever, a pug and a pocket dog.

May stopped as she came across a small German shepherd pup. The pup looked so beautiful. Its white fur was crystal white, “Aww… he’s so cute.” she held his little paws and it just felt so good.

“You like animals?” Luhan asked as he stood beside her.

She nodded her head and looked at him with a smile, “Especially dogs.” She said and resumed with her play. She wished she could buy a puppy for herself, but dang! No money!

She put the pup back inside his cage, “Let’s go…”

“Aren’t you going to adopt that pup?” Luhan asked curiously as soon as they got out of the store.

May sighed and looked at him, “I would love to… but right now, I don’t have money. Maybe some other day.” She said and started walking.

Luhan could see the disappointment in her face, even though she was trying hard to hide it.

“Where are we going next?” she looked back at him and asked with a small smile.

He smiled walked towards her, “Let’s go to a quiet place.” He said.

“Where?” she asked him with a confused expression. Seoul had peaceful places too?

He smiled and took her hand, “Just follow me…”

Luhan promised himself that he was going to make this day special for her so that she never forgets it.