Chapter 2

Ace of Heartbreak

"Hey, Miyoung-ssi. I was wondering if you want to go out with me?"

Kai was at it again. Asking another girl if she would be his girlfriend. He never seems to get it through his head.

"Sure, Jongin oppa!"

And as usual, the girl would accept, with no clue of his potential. They would always try to use an over dose of aegyo on him, but it would never work. He knew the different types of girls out there.

The sassy, the cute, the stubborn, the cling-on, the shy one; he could basically list all of them in one go.

"Just call me Kai. It sounds better."

He used his signature smirk on her, and obviously, it made the girl swoon. They always do. Kai knew how to make the girls fall for him no matter what their personality.

As they were talking for quite a while, Kai pretended he got a text from his mom and told her that he had to go. It was a regular routine he followed.

Ask the girl out, leave her unexpetedly, talk through text or call, and break up with her a couple of weeks after.

That was all it took to be the 'Ace of Heartbreak.'

 

 

Kyungsoo stayed up all morning, thinking of a way to design his little card. "Why the hell am I stressing out about this? It's just a card." He ruffled his hair in frustration and slammed his pencil on the desk. "All I have to do is write a simple 'To Kim Jongin' and then 'From Your Secret Admirer.' It's all you have to do, Kyungsoo."

He picked up his pencil again and began to write.

To Kim Jongin

Before I met you,

I never knew what it was like to look at someone

and smile for no reason,

but now that I found you,

every moment I spend by your side

feels like a dream come true.

From, your secret admirer... (P.S I love you)

Kyungsoo shook his head furiously and rubbed out the last bit. He softly grinned to himself and put the card in an envelope.  He neatly placed it in his bag, grabbed a coat, and headed off.

As he was walking down the street, he felt really relaxed even though he was highly nervous. The light morning breeze filled the air as he breathed it in and stretched his arms out. "I wonder what he would say about the card."

After walking a few blocks down, he reached the apartment block in which Kai lived in. Kyungsoo looked up at Kai's window from down below and saw no movement. "He's either asleep or not home." He bit his lip and nervously walked into the building. Kyungsoo walked up flights of stairs until he reached the fourth floor.

He stood in front of Kai's door and slipped the card underneath it. Kyungsoo rang the doorbell and waited for him to open up but he heard no footsteps from inside. "I guess he's not home yet."

Kyungsoo sighed and sat down against the wall beside the door. He pulled out his phone and scrolled down his contacts till he saw Kai's name; My infinite love.

He began texting him, asking Kai where he was. In a matter of minutes, Kai replied back, saying that he was coming back home from a date. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and put his phone back into his little shoulder bag. "I wish that would be me that he's dating."

 

After what felt like forever, Kai arrived home, seeing his bestfriend sitting on the floor with his head resting on his palms. He walked over to Kyungsoo and patted his head. "Why do you look so down? Come inside and sit down. I'll make us some drinks."

Kyungsoo nodded and stood up as Kai opened the door. Once Kai stepped inside, he noticed the letter on the ground and picked it up. "Did you see anyone put this here?" Kyungsoo shook his head and shrugged.

"Not that I know of. Probably from some of your so called fangirls." Kai nodded and placed it on the coffee table as he walked to the kitchen to get some drinks.

Kyungsoo sat down on the couch and placed his little bag beside him. He was worrying about the different reactions Kai would have on the card. Would he keep it? Would he throw it away and never look back at it? All those questions floated around his head.

He looked around the house, admiring how Kai managed to make the place look decent, despite the small amount of space. It's been a while since Kyungsoo has been at his house for a visit, so he stood up and wandered around.

Most of the things he remembered were now placed differently, except for the shelf of picture frames which stayed by the T.V. Kyungsoo walked up to the shelf and smiled at the photos. Most of them were of Kai and his family and friends. One of them caught his eyes and he picked it up.

It was both of them at their graduation day. Kyungsoo was on one side with his family, whilst Kai was beside him...with no one.

"Looking through my things I see." He turned around and saw Kai putting the drinks on the coffee table. "Doesn't that picture bring memories? Who knew that our graduation day was only last year." Kai walked over to Kyungsoo and took the picture off him, gazing at it. "You really look like your mom..."

Kyungsoo looked at his friend with sad eyes. He knew what happened to Kai's family. He knew everything about him that there is to know. "Jongin..."

"You know...this is a really nice picture of us. Your family looks really proud of you." Kai lightly the frame of the picture and smiled weakly. "I've always wondered what my parents would've said to me on that day."

"Kai..." Kyungsoo put his hand on Kai's shoulder and sighed, "Let's just sit down." He took the picture and placed it back on the shelf before sitting down face to face.

As they sat down, Kai handed Kyungsoo his drink and took a sip of his. He put his drink back down on the table and saw the envelope sitting there. "Should I open this now?" He asked, but Kyungsoo just shrugged.

"Your choice."

The younger one nodded and opened the envelope as Kyungsoo watched his every move. Kai pulled out the sky blue card and smirked. "This is definitely a card from another fangirl." When he opened the card, Kyungsoo got a bit anxious and gripped his jumper tightly, hoping for a good reaction.

Kai read the card and a little smile formed on his face. "Who ever got this must really meant what they said." He placed the card back on the table.

Kyungsoo gave a relieving sigh and grinned. "I'm sure they did.."