Chapter 1

Ace of Heartbreak

"Sujin-ah...I think we should breakup."

There he goes breaking another girls heart again. Kai just doesn't know where to stop. Heartbreaking was like a drug to him that he couldn't let go of.

"But I thought you said I was your one and only."

Nothing was new to him. Kai was always expecting them to say the same thing over and over again. All of them were the same in his eyes.

"I'm sorry. It's just that if I stayed with you any longer, then the breakup would've had a bigger effect on you."

Kai knew how to lie. No doubt, he was a professional. If he had the chance, he could lie his way through life without a single hint of suspicion coming out of people.

"It's fine. I understand completely."

And with that, the girl left without turning back.

 

 

Kai was walking around town with a foam cup filled with a warm caramel latte. After a couple of minutes, he decided to go to his usual bench under a tree at a local park, not too far from home.

"Another days worth of heartbreak over and done with."

He sighed and took another sip of his latte. It was a cold winters evening and there was a gentle breeze blowing through the air. Kai looked up at the evening sky and smiled to himself.

Weekends were always boring to him, but once he sat down in that particular spot, his life just felt some-what complete.

"Sitting at your usual spot again? Isn't that a surprise." Kai turned his head to see his best friend with a cup of hot chocolate heading towards him.

Kai gave him and gentle smile and chuckled. "You're always following me on weekends. Don't you have a life, Kyungsoo?"

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and sat down next to Kai. "It's not my fault that you're at the same spot every weekend. And what did I tell you about calling me Kyungsoo? I told you it's an annoying name." Kyungsoo playfully punched Kai's shoulder and they both laughed.

"Whatever. Kyungsoo is a fine name and you should keep it that way. D.O just sounds so stupid." Kyungsoo shot Kai a glare and rolled his eyes.

"Kai is a bit stupid as well. It makes you sound like a foreigner. D.O is just the letters of my last name and I think it's cool. It's not like I call you K.I.M." They both laughed at their little argument and just continued to look at the sky above.

When things fell silent, Kyungsoo looked at Kai. "Hey, Jongin..."

"Hmm?"

"Don't you ever feel weird about having so many girlfriends? I mean...have you ever thought of waiting for the right person?"

Kai paused for a second to process what his friend just said to him. In all honesty, he really didn't know.

"I...actually never thought of waiting for the right person, Kyungsoo."

How could he lie to his bestfriend? They've known each other for a solid six years. And through those years, Kyungsoo was still by his side even when he hurt all of those girls.

Kyungsoo stood up and softly smiled. "Well, I think you should start looking. I'll see you around."

With that, he walked off, still sipping on his hot chocolate.

 

Kai sat there for a while. He didn't know what to think. He didn't know what to say. During all those years of breaking girls hearts, he never realised that Kyungsoo was still there with him.

He began to notice how most of his friends have left him there one by one because of what he was doing. Yet, after all that loss, Kyungsoo was the one who stayed with him.

All those thoughts were floating around his pretty little head and he shook them off. "Stupid Kyungsoo hyung. They don't call me the ace of heartbreak for nothing. I have to keep my title."

Kai took one last sip of his latte and began to walk home throught the cold winter breeze.

 

On the other hand, Kyungsoo walked around for a bit before walking home. As he was walking, he found a cute little shop that sold cards, plushies and other little goodies that people could buy. He smiled to himself and walked into the store.

As he was wandering through the aisles, trying to choose a perfect card. He stopped and picked one up. He opened it up and read the little message inside.

'Before I met you,

I never knew what it was like to look at someone

and smile for no reason,

but now that I found you,

every moment I spend by your side

feels like a dream come true.'

Kyungsoo smiled and held the card to his chest. He breathed in heavily and went up to the front counter to pay. The cashier lady looked at him and smiled. "Is this card for your girlfriend?"

He sheepishly grinned at the lady and blushed. "I guess you could say that." The lady handed him the card and giggled.

"Good luck then!" Kyungsoo thanked her then walked out of the store. He looked at the card again and his heart fluttered a little.

"This is for you...Kim Jongin."