EXO - Chen (1)

Your One-Stop SMTOWN Scenario Shop! (Open)

Requested by Khun_Toria

 

You sighed as you checked the clock for the umpteenth time that night. Jongdae was supposed to come over so that the two of you could celebrate your birthday together, but it had been an hour and he still wasn’t there.

Where is that pabo? You wondered, pouting. You wanted to call him, but you didn’t want to seem clingy so you decided against it.

You knew that just sitting there and waiting wasn’t going to do you any good, so you decided to get a head start on dinner for Jongdae and yourself.

After realizing that you didn’t have what you needed for the dish you had planned on preparing, you concluded that you would have to take a trip to the market in order to get the proper ingredients. You quickly put on your shoes and grabbed your wallet before making your way outside and slipping into your car.


A few minutes later you found yourself at the market, browsing through the aisles for the proper ingredients and humming softly under your breath.

You were in the confections aisle debating whether or not to give in to your sweet tooth when you heard a laugh- an extremely familiar laugh.  

You whirled around just in time to see Jongdae enter the aisle with another woman whom you didn’t recognize. They were talking and laughing, a basket full of different ingredients in Jongdae’s hand as his other arm was wrapped around said female.

Jongdae froze for a moment when he saw you before shaking his head and regaining his senses.

He smiled as he walked up to you, extending his arms out for a hug. “__, what are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be back at the apartment?”

You didn’t hear a thing he said, however; you were too caught up in your thoughts, replaying the scene of him laughing with the mysterious female in your mind. Before you even realized what you were doing, you ran out of the shop and down the street, tears soaking your face.

Never once had you thought that Jongdae would ever cheat on you. You had always thought of him as the faithful type of boyfriend, one who would stand by you and protect you no matter what. It looks like you were wrong.

Some birthday this is… You thought bitterly as you lowered yourself onto a park bench, not caring about the looks people were giving you. You had just found out that your boyfriend – your kind, caring, loving boyfriend – was cheating on you. You couldn’t believe it, even after you had seen him with your own eyes. There was simply no way Jongdae was cheating on you – he was too good to stoop that low.

After pondering on this for a while, you decided that you should at least let Jongdae give you an explanation. Taking a deep breath, you started on your way back to your apartment where Jongdae would undoubtedly be waiting for you.


You took another deep breath before opening the front door of your apartment, only to find it dark and quiet; just as you had left it. With a heavy heart, you made your way inside and to your kitchen. You switched on the lights, fully expecting to find an empty room, but what you found shocked you – Jongdae was standing there, cake in front of him on the dining table as he began to sing to you.

 

Saengil chuk ha hamnida

Saengil chuk ha hamnida

Sarang ha neun __ ah~

Saengil chuk ha hamnida

 

You couldn’t hide your tears as Jongdae approached you and took your hand, pulling you over to the table.

“Make a wish,” He whispered, smiling gently.

You didn’t need to think twice about what you wanted to wish for. Squeezing your eyes shut, you quickly blew out the candles and looked up at Jongdae. He was staring softly at you, his eyes portraying a mix of emotions. You stared right back, silently questioning him.

“That was Minseok’s girlfriend,” he explained. “She was helping me to pick out a gift and a cake for you since we both know that I at choosing gifts.”

You felt a wave of relief wash over you. So he hadn’t been cheating on you? He had just been trying to get you a gift all along…

“I’m sorry,” you whispered, guilt flooding your entire being.

He chuckled, shaking his head as he pulled you into his embrace, whispering a sweet “Saranghae” into your hair.

 

◘  ◘  ◘  ◘  ◘  ◘  ◘  ◘  ◘  ◘  ◘  ◘  ◘  ◘  ◘  ◘  ◘  ◘  ◘  ◘  ◘  ◘  ◘  ◘  ◘  ◘  ◘ 

Here you go~! I'm sorry if it took me a long time to write this, my computer didn't notify me that I had I request like it usually does so I didn't find out about your request until this morning. >.< I'm so sorry! I hope you like it anyway, though. ^^