The Start of Everything

Someone Inside Me

Opening her eyes slowly, Jinha realized that she was no longer in the living room. Recognizing the familiar floral wallpaper and brown bedsheets, it was her room.

"How did I even get here?" She mumbled, rubbing her eyes gently before stretching her arms. Suddenly, the door burst out open, revealing a freshly showered Taehyung who was drying his hair with a towel.

"Oh! Looks like the princess has woken up from her beauty sleep." He smiled brightly at her. It felt like the sun shines right in front of her, eventhough the real sun was blocked by the curtains. Yeah, he was her source of sunlight. 

Jinha's eyes were finally opened, she stood up and walked to the bathroom in a daze. It seems like she wasn't fully awake yet. Grabbing onto her red toothbrush, she put her mint toothpaste on top of it as she brushed her teeth slowly. It was her habit, she could never brush her teeth in a few seconds as it usually took her about a minute to finish. Out of a sudden, she felt someone's body pressed against her, it stopped her from brushing her teeth and she looked up, only to meet those pair of eyes that she loved.

"Don't waste too much time brushing your teeth because you have to eat breakfast." Taehyung reminded her, his arms was wrapped around her waist as she nodded. She continued to brush her teeth and trying to ignore his existence since he was whispering a thousand of 'I love you' into her ear.

Once she finished brushing her teeth, he pulled her to the dining room. A complete breakfast was served on the glass table. A bowl of fried rice alongside a heart shaped omelette, kimchi on the sides and another bowl for the fruit salad. A glass of milk and a cup of water was also seen on the table as Jinha's mouth grew wide open, "Did you cooked all of this?"

"Could the food appear magically then? Of course I cooked it." He laughed as he sat in front of her, "Now eat, I want to hear your opinion about my cooking."

Jinha had never taste his cooking nor seeing him cook. But judging by the pretty appearance of the food, it looked promising. Starting from the fried rice, she took a spoonful and chewed it. Her feeling was right, it tastedreally good. She took another spoonful, this time with the omelette and it felt like her taste buds were finally satisfied.

She continued to munch all the foods as she gave him two thumbs up. Taehyung was happy to hear that she enjoyed his foods, he couldn't hide his big grin and he continued to see her eating all the foods, all the bowls were clean in just a few minutes. It seems like she was that hungry after all.

 


 

The sun was shining brightly, not too bright as the wind occasionally blows. Taehyung and Jinha stepped out of their car, both couldn't hide their smile as they noticed the familiar building in front of them. A black SUV appeared next to Taehyung's silver sedan. A muscular guy and a petite girl came out of it, waving to both Taehyung and Jinha. "Hey! You guys came!" Jimin grinned, pulling Yuhee along to face them.

"Yes." Taehyung nodded, giving Jimin a fist bump before they hugged each other, "Wait..... What are we going to do here?"

"Visiting our old classrooms and teachers! Oh! There's also a music festival at 4PM!" Jimin answered.

For the girls, they could only chuckle at how enthusiastic Jimin sounded. They exchanged greetings before going in to their old school.

"Girls, wait up!" Jimin called out but Jinha and Yuhee pretended that they didn't hear him, they continued to walk. Jimin dragged Taehyung to catch up with the girls while Taehyung had no other choice but to follow him.

 


 

They visited their first and second grade classrooms as Jimin and Jinha talked about how Jimin was asked to dance to a girl group song during the first day of school, yeah, he arrived late at that time. And how Yuhee was laughing hard when Jimin did that, these three are childhood friends while Taehyung transferred to Aejeong during the third year.

"Class 3B! It's our class!" Jimin pointed to the classroom in front of them. As they walked in, it was empty; all of the students were busy preparing for the music festival.

"I still remember that time when Taehyung was sitting in front, yet he slept throughout class!" Jimin cracked up, making the others laugh too. Taehyung started to reenact the scene as he sat on the seat in front of the teacher's desk, acting as if he was sleeping.

"I can't believe that time flies so fast, it fees like we're still middle school students yesterday." Yuhee added, earning a nod from the other three.

"The music festival will start soon, we better get going!" Jimin said, walked out of the classroom as he held his girlfriend's hand.

Jinha was spacing out for a moment, staring blankly at the window until Taehyung nudged her arm. "Hey, let's go." He smiled. 

"Oh, right." As she stood up, she felt something weird. It was undescribable, yet that feeling kept bugging her while they were walking.

"Are you okay?" Noticing how her facial expression changed, Taehyung took a glance at her. Confusion, it was written all over her face.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Jinha answered shortly, shrugging off that weird feeling but no matter how hard she tried, it was still there. And Taehyung knew that she was lying, but he decided not to ask any further since he doesn't want to bug her even more.

 


Note // Second chapter is up! Comments are always loved.