Doesn't Hurt

Just Bite Me Already
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She sighed as she stood up from the couch, and walked away. All of them watched her with no expression on her face. They were questioning themselves if she was mad at them or not. After she left, everyone looked at the maknae who looked like he was just dumped.

Jongup placed a hand on the maknae's shoulder. Zelo looked at him with sorrowful eyes. "I wish she hadn't known what we were. She wouldn't be in this mess." Zelo grunted. Yongguk looked at him.

"Zelo, you can't ignore what's coming her way. She would've had expected this because I know deep down inside, she knew what we were when we met her." Yongguk said. Zelo shrugged his shoulders and went to follow his girlfriend. He walked out onto the balcony and saw Mei staring out into the sunset. 

He stared at her back view by the doorway. Zelo was in a trance by her beauty. He loved how the last light of the orange sun touched the tone of her skin. He loved how her long eyelashes fluttered everytime she blinked innocently. He loved how she looked cute in every outfit she wore. He loved the fact that he was so in love with her.

Zelo couldn't help but smile at her. He slowly walked next to her. She continued to stare at the sun as it set. She sighed heavily as Zelo did the same.Whatever she felt, he felt as well. "Does it hurt?" she finally spoke through the peaceful silence. 

He looked at her even though she didn't make any eye contact to him. "What do you mean?" he asked. She sighed again and said, "When a vampire bites you. Does it hurt.. A lot?" she asked softly. Zelo didn't know how to answer that. It had been a couple centuries since he was turned. 

"Well, when it comes to the point where it hurts the most; you have to stop fighting the pain and let it go." Zelo simply said. Mei kept her eyes on the sun set. She held in her breathe. "I feel like I caused this mess. Maybe... Just maybe.. It was a mistake falling for you Ju-Junhong." she hesitantly said.

Zelo turned and looked at her with disgust for the first time. "What are you saying? That it was a mistake loving me?" he stated almost shouting at her. Mei didn't even understand what she had said to him. But her heart just had to explain what it felt.

"Junhong, I didn't mean that. I mean look at this mess. If I haven't even existed, you wouldn't be put in this position!" Mei yelled and turned away not facing him. He immediatley softened. He understood what she felt. She felt like this was all her fault. "Mei. My world wouldn't be complete without you. If you didn't exist, I wouldn't want to live either. I wouldn't want to live without you Lee Mei." he said caringly. 

She felt the weight come off her shoulders. She shouldn't be blaming herself. She turned around and hugged Zelo. He smiled and hugged her back. "It's okay if you're scared Mei, everyone always has fear." he said still hugging her small frame.

"Jinja? What do you fear?" she asked still hugging his cold body. He thought for a moment. "Losing you." he said quietly. The wind blew across them when he had said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter