➸ 2

Half of My Heart
♥ YS
 
"BEAST, it will be your turn in five minutes," a staff reminds us from the door before rushing to continue his work.
 
I stand up, doing a little stretching by myself. Gikwang also does the same while everyone else walks to the door. Our leader gives a sign to follow him outside.
 
Since we're currently in a middle of the preparation for new album, the only live performances we take are the collaboration concert, charity projects, or special events.
 
Today we are attending a music festival at Konkuk University, the place where Dongwoon attends his college classes. We will perform three songs for the closing performances.
 
We dress casually today since this is supposed to be a fun stage. As usual we agree to enjoy the performances until the last song.
 
However we're a little bit too excited during the "Beautiful" performance.
 
While we walk around the stage, jumping and singing with excitement, six of us also try our best to interact with the fans. Whether it to take their presents, borrowing their phones to take selcas, or waves to every camera directing to us.
 
Since it's really crowded, we also sweat a lot and staffs prepare bottles of water. Doojoon and Dongwoon are playing around with the water when I am busy picking phones to take my own pictures for fans.
 
When my eyes scan through the audience, I spot a familiar face among them. Wearing a blue jacket on top of white T-shirt, she is holding her phone, following my movement.
 
Pretty much convinced that she is my fan, I run to her, squating down to take her phone, grinning widely as I sing the last refrain of our song.
 
"You!" I hear Doojoon's voice coming closer to me. "So beautiful! You!"
 
Before I can stand up and escape from him, he has splashed the water to me. I accidentally let the phone to slip from my hand, falling down hardly.
 
I quickly bend down to take it just to find it's already dead. I don't know whether it's because of the water splash or because of the fall down but it's not working at all.
 
Doojoon lowers his microphone with a shock expression, "W-What? The phone- Aigoo!"
 
There's no way I can return the dead phone just like that to our fan. I glance at the girl and give her an apologetic smile, waving to her with the phone in my hand.
 
As soon as we leave the stage, I look for my manager and ask him to find the fan for me, "Hyung, can you please tell the audience who lost her phone because of me to meet you at the backstage?"
 
"Lost her phone?" our manager raises his eyebrow. "What is- Yah, did you and Doojoon just break fan's belonging again?!"
 
"Aish, that's an accident!" Doojoon defends himself. "Just try to find her now, Hyung! Ah, really, what should I do?"
 
I punch his arm lightly, laughing at his reaction, "Next time ask my permission before splashing water on me."
 
Now... what should I do with her phone?
 
 
 
ღ ღ ღ
 
 
 
♥ SY
 
Having a really close relationship with a famous idol has its own advantages and disadvantages.
 
For example, I know all the informations regarding his group before the other fans. Where they live in, when they will hold a concert, what kind of schedule they will attend this weekend.
 
My best privilege is to have every piece of their albums, complete with their signatures, without even need to attend the fansigning events.
 
I put all of their albums in a special wardrobe where I put my precious belongings. My family pictures, a letter my mother wrote ten years ago, a teddy bear my father gave on my eight birthday.
 
Just like their other fans, I think their signatures are priceless. Since I can't tell the others that I receive them as special gifts, there is nothing I can do but pretend that I'm just a normal fan.
 
However, with my dream to become a professional singer, it's kind of depressing. While he shines so bright on the stage with my most favorite idol, I'm still craving my path to the exact same place.
 
To see him singing on the stage under the spotlight, cheered by the fans loudly, receiving love from the public. It's not that I'm jealous with all the attention and publicity.
 
I just can't help but to think about my incapability of reaching my dream.
 
Today is just another day to enjoy my advantage, attending the special stage by them at an university, standing so close to the stage that I can take some pictures of my favorite idol.
 
I swear my heart is going to burst when he suddenly comes to my stand, reaching out his hand to take my phone. Girls around me start to squeal about how lucky I am until my phone slips out from his hand.
 
He's too surprised with Doojoon's water attack and, as much as I'm shocked with my gadget condition, it's obvious that both Yoseob and Doojoon are panicking as well.
 
So here I am now, sitting at the backstage of the festival stage with BEAST's managers in front of me, apologizing for what just happened.
 
They made an announcement right after the performance and I rushed myself to find them. I end up knowing that my gadget can't be . At all.
 
"We will pay for the cost," one of the managers tell me. "We're really, really sorry for the incident, eh..."
 
"Seoyun," I tell my name. "Jang Seoyun. It's alright. I just... I'll try to bring it to the service center."
 
Of course it's not alright but I can't demand them to pay me back, can I? It's just too immature.
 
The door cracks opened and my heart starts to beat faster when I see him walking in the room. He has changed his clothes to a simple black T-shirt, "Ah..."
 
I quickly stand up, almost tripping my chair back due to the sudden nervousness, "Oh, annyeonghaseyo..."
 
He bows to me, greeting me before giving me his apology, "I'm sorry, about your phone... I really didn't expect this to happen... Sorry, your name..."
 
"Seoyun. Jang Seoyun," I tell him, trying to control my heartbeat. I was also in the exactly same room with him last week for the audition but I was less nervous. Why?
 
"Seoyun-ssi. Right," Yoseob clasps his hands and bows. "I will pay for the new phone! I'm sorry! I will be more careful when borrowing fans' phones!"
 
Before I could respond, the door is swinged opened again.
 
This time it's not me who is surprised but him.
 
 
 
ღ ღ ღ
 
 
 
♥ GK
 
"Where is Yoseob?" I ask Junhyung who is changing his T-shirt with a new one. "We're going to have dinner first, aren't we?"
 
"He is going to apologize to a fan," Junhyung replies, checking his hair on the mirror. "Doojoon splashed water to him and he accidentally broke a fan's phone."
 
I blink with amusement, wondering what kind of feeling that fan has right now. Should she be happy because she finally meets her favorite idol or should she be mad because her phone is broken?
 
I check my phone and scroll to find her name. I put her under an alias in my phone, in case the others find a message or a phone call from her.
 
"Eh?" I mumble to myself, surprised that her phone is not active. Could it be that the battery is drained after our performance?
 
I saw her standing to cheer us as usual. I even flashed her a smile which made the other girls around her to scream happily, thinking that I smiled at them.
 
"Doojoon!" I call for our oldest member and leave the room with him. "Going to meet the fan?"
 
"Hmm," he retorts, giving me an awkward grin. "I hope she's alright. Oh, I really need to pay attention before playing with water next time."
 
I laugh at his reaction but the laughter dies when I open the door to find who the fan is.
 
Standing in front of her, Yoseob just straightens his body, looking at me with confusion.
 
"Yah, don't block the door," Doojoon pushes me from back. He immediately bows when he sees her, "Oh, I'm Yoon Doojoon! I mean... I'm sorry for your phone!"
 
"Ah, it's fine... Really," she bows as well, looking awkward with the apology given by an idol. "It's an accident so there's nothing we can do about it."
 
"I must take the responsibility!" Yoseob speaks with his usual bright smile. "Seoyun-ssi, I'll buy a new phone for you!"
 
Doojoon blinks, "Oh, you know her, Yoseob?"
 
"I forgot her name just now but, yes, she actually auditioned last week," Yoseob answers and he turns to Seoyun. "Ah, right, how is your throat? You sound better today!"
 
He notices it? Of course he does. He pays attention even for the smallest things.
 
"Seoyun-ssi, right?" Doojoon calls out her name and smiles. "Yoseob is right. We should take the responsibility. We will buy a new phone for you as soon as possible!"
 
While the leader and main vocal are busy persuading our managers to find a store which is still opened at this time, I exchange looks with Seoyun.
 
Her lips turn into a curve as if she is greeting me without a word. I return her smile, wondering somehow if I need to keep this secret forever from the others.
 
Will there come a day when the world knows about us?