➸ 3

Half of My Heart
♥ SY

"We're really sorry for the inconvenience, Miss Jang," Park Yongbok, one of BEAST's managers, apologize once again for the fifth time tonight. "I hope you'll come again on the next event."

I shake my head, chuckling softly, "I'm not going to resign as a BEAUTY because of a phone."

Two hours after the event is over, I already have a brand new phone. It's even newer than my previous one. I convinced them -- all BEAST members and the managers -- that I'm completely fine with any kind of phone. I'm pretty sure not anyone could meet the whole idol group even after giving away their phones.

Doojoon, being a good leader I expect to be, offered to drive me to buy a new unit but he needed to meet President Hong. Being fair for every suggestion, Yongbok volunteered to accompany me and, even more polite, drive me back to my apartment.

"Thank you for the drive," I step out from the car, holding the paper bag with my new phone in it. "Thanks for the phone and... everything. Send my regards to the others as well."

Yongbok waves to me, smiling warmly, "Sure. I guess we'll see you again, Miss Jang."

Walking ahead to my apartment, my mind goes anywhere. I don't know whether I should be happy just by remembering my favorite idol's smile or that I should feel guilty for making the closest guy with me to frown.

"I'm so tired...," I throw myself on the bed immediately after I took shower. Closing my eyes, I try to resume everything that happened today.

"Right," I sit up and look for my new phone. I need to save Gikwang's number and assure him that I'm alright.

I could have the old number back but it would take a while so I think I could go on with another number for now. I memorize his numbers easily, therefore all I need to do is just to type his name and entry the numbers. I was going to hit the 'save' option when suddenly an unknown phone number calls me.

Who would have called my new phone number when I haven't even told anyone yet?

"Yoboseyo?" I answer the call, wondering who's on the opposite line.

"Seoyun-ssi?" a very familiar voice responds and I'm pretty sure I hold my breath just now. "I'm sorry for calling you this late. Are you... Were you asleep already?"

I clear my throat nervously, not even knowing why I feel nervous, "No, no. I just finished... I just finished installing applications. I'm perfectly awake."

"Good," I can hear his laughter. "Oh, yeah, it's Yoseob. Yang Yoseob from BEAST. How could I forget to introduce myself?"

Like I didn't know it's him before he mentioned his name. Of course I recognize his voice.

"Just making sure your new phone is all good," he explains. "I hope you don't mind to come for our next event. We'll make sure you receive a ticket from us!"

A ticket which I will receive for sure from Gikwang, I tell myself.

"It's alright," I hold the phone a little bit tighter. "This new phone is more than enough. Besides do you just call any fan like what you're doing now?"

"Well, it's not everyday we screw a fan's phone," Yoseob retorts, making me laugh. "It's nice to hear you laugh, Seoyun-ssi. Hopefully you will have a good night sleep then."

I will. I definitely will.

 


ღ ღ ღ
 



♥ GK

I am the type of person who believes in first love. Not that I'm saying the first love would always be the most beautiful and perfect love experience but, of course, we hope it is.


My first love and I met twelve years ago at the most unexpected moment. We were going for family holidays separately. I knew her because her father is my father's junior during high school. That's that.

I never thought I would love her with all my heart for these past twelve years. I wonder if she feels the same but, no, I'm not going to have that for second thought.

Not because I don't believe in her. Simply because I'm not sure what future has in store for us.

"Can I visit you tomorrow night?" I ask, taking a good look of the girl in front of me. My hand is holding the door knob, waiting for her answer.

A week has passed since the day she met the other members of BEAST -- without them knowing our relationship, of course. I don't bring up the topic yet, thinking that it would be a good remembrance for her and that's all I need to know.

She pinches my nose playfully, chuckling, "Of course you can. Why did you even ask?"

"Perhaps you have work to do," I reason, hoping that I don't jump in with wrong choice of words.

Her facial expression changes slightly as she avoids my gaze.

Okay. I picked wrong combination of words.

"You know, Seoyun, I think there's  a job vacancy at CUBE. I saw it two days ago and-"

"No," she cuts off my statement. "I'm not going to work at CUBE unless I passed the audition. I've told you this before."

Yes, she did tell me. I just hoped she has changed her mind. It's been a year since she graduated and jobless. Not that I mind her being jobless but I think it would not be good for her too to have nothing to do every single day. Sure she enhances her vocal and musical skill but she definitely needs to do something else.

Or so I think.

"I'm sorry, Seoyun," I hold her by shoulders, looking at her eyes. "I don't mean to offend you. I was just... I want the best for you."

"I know," Seoyun heaves a sigh, still avoiding eyes contact. "I'll be fine. Thanks for your concern."

She kisses my left cheek before bidding me good night, telling me that it's late already.

"Seoyun, I lo-" the words are cut off by the closed door. I just stare at the door as if it would be opened by my gaze.

She's not avoiding to hear the words. I know it.

Ten years have proven it.

 



ღ ღ ღ
 



♥ YS

"Yoseob!" Doojoon throws a mineral bottle to me. I catch it well and he gives me a thumb up. "Nice catch!"

We just finished another dance training with Prepix crews. It took us almost three hours today, considering we will have our comeback stage in a week. We're going to return with our second album and, being as energetic as I could ever be, I couldn't help but to be excited to meet our fans again. It's funny how I still feel nervous after years since debut.

"Dinnertime!" Dongwoon runs out from the car, running to our apartment building as fast as possible. We have finished our dance practice and we go back straight to our place. "Come on. I'm starving!"

Hyunseung raises his eyebrow, "The pizza hasn't even arrived! We just ordered it five minutes ago."

Junhyung was going to close the door but he stops to ask me, "Are you sure you don't want to join our pizza dinner tonight?"

"Pass," I answer as Gikwang gets off from the car, waving to me. "I'll enjoy dinner tonight at my own apartment. It's been a while since I cleaned it up anyway."

He shrugs his shoulders, "Yeah, you're not going to return there for the next two months. We'll see you tomorrow morning then."

Once the car starts moving again, I take my phone out, checking my social media accounts during my way to my own apartment.

Putting aside the fact that I'm totally happy staying together as six in our apartment, I think a night alone will be nice for me. I take it as time for me to calm down before our comeback.

"Pizza will be nice," I murmur to myself, noticing that I almost arrive at my apartment. I think I should order pizza instead of thinking how delicious it could be.

My bell rings in less than thirty minutes after I called the delivery hotline. I have finished showering and cleaned some stuffs when my stomach started to starve.

"Good," I rush to the door and open it to greet the delivery man.

Or, to be exact, woman.

"A delivery for Mr Yang...," she reads the delivery note and, if I'm not mistaken, just notices who ordered the pizza, "...Yoseob?"

She looks up at me and I give a smile at her, "Seoyun-ssi. What a surprise."
 
 



❣ ❣ ❣ ❣ ❣ ❣ ❣
 



 
AUTHOR'S NOTE:
 
Last updated 4 August 2013 and today is 3 July 2014.
Sorry for the longgg hiatus!

Hope you enjoy the update. Drop the comment below or mention me at Twitter
@AFFkyuri91. :)