THREE: A Gamble.. Is it worth it?

[ONE-SHOT] Romantic Street

TIFFANY

 

"Do you know him?" Jessica suddenly asked.

Breaking her eyes from looking at him.

"No." She answered even though by the look at her friend's expression that Jessica didn't believe her. "

Are you sure? Because you and him are eye- each other." Sunny said matter-of-factly.

She wanted to defend herself but then YuRi spoke. "His name is Kim JaeJoong. The Casanova as most people know." She said while sipping her martini.

"How did you know that?" TaeYeon ask then look at JaeJoong with curiosity.

"TaeYang told me about him before. He was a business associate." YuRi answered then stare at her. "Don't associate yourself with him if I were you, Fany. You may fall in love with him."

"How do.."

"I can see it by the looks that you're giving him. And he looks like interested." YuRi answered.

She can see that her friend is serious. She looked at her other friends. Then took a deep breath. "Girls, I really appreciate it. But.." Looking at him from the other side of the club. " I... I think.. I'm falling in love with him." She said while looking straight to her friends' eyes. Telling them that she's serious.

"It can't be, Tiffany!" Sunny said while trying to lower down her voice. "It's impossible."

"That's also what I thought at first, Sunny." She took a deep breath. "I tried to be logical, you know. I'm a er for romance but I know that love at first sight is impossible. Until now..."

"Are you really sure about what you feel for him? It's not plain in lust?" TaeYeon said.

"We don't want you to end up heartbroken. He's known as a player." Jessica added.

"I know. It's really obvious that he is a player. But I want to gamble. If... If I'm gonna end up heartbroken, you'll be there for right? I know this may sound foolish but I want to try." She said them while begging for their understanding.

After few moments and shared look. Her friends nodded.

Relief washed over her.

Would there be any chance for them?

Is it worth everything?

She knows that she'll gonna lose her heart to someone like him.

Maybe it will be worth it.

She hope so.

 

JAEJOONG

 

I can't take off my damn eyes off her. I don't know what comes over me why I'm acting like a schoolboy to his crush. He gulped the scotch from his glass then ask again the bartender to fill up his glass. With what his doing he may end up drunk.

"Hey, take it easy, man." TaeYang said with a chuckle. "You got it bad."

"W-What??"

"Why are you staring at her like you wanna get it on with her?" TaeYang said while trying not to laugh.

"No, I'm not." He said with less conviction.

"Yes, you are. Manned up. But I want to tell you this. Hurt her and I'm gonna remove your balls." TaeYang said with obvious seriousness in his voice.

"Why do you care?"

"Because the woman you're looking at is one of my wife's best friends. So, you better be good. If you're not serious about her, leave her alone. She's not the same with the girls you usually dated."

"I know." He then took a deep breath. With just one look at her, she boldly spells out of marriage and commitment.

His mind is like battling right now and that gives him a headache. Thinking back, about his life as a casanova and looking at Tiffany. The so-called life he had was nothing. Like just an empty shell. And with Tiffany, it may be too soon but he knows deep inside that his life would be something.

Is he willing to risk everything?

Will it be worth it?

Why is he feeling this way towards her?

Damn, those questions!!!