The Mistake

Eternal Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
02 The Mistake  

July 5, 2014

Thursday

 

Lili's POV

 

Almost 2 weeks of working non-stop at my studio to create new pieces to display this is the first time I went home at my flat. I work day and night for my sketches and painting. But for today I’ll have a break to everything that is related to my upcoming Art Exhibit since it’s my birthday, so I’ll spend my whole day with Kris. As the morning starts I checked my phone. My inbox was bombarded with greetings. I also have a voice mail coming from… Kris? Huh? at exactly 12:00 am, he sent me this vmail. He should have texted me or called. I open the voice mail.

 

“Heeeey~ ok… this is… really awkward. Recording my voice." He cleared his throat and I giggled.

"But anyways! As I know your inbox has been bombarded with greetings…” I laughed because of his prediction

“I guessed right, right?" I heard him chuckle on the line.

"I’m such a genius. Ok, ok. So I wanted to be the first person to greet you, so I’ll be sending this exactly at 12:00am . Wait! I’m the first one, right? If I’m not the first one to greet you, tell me who it is!...” 

 

I laughed again, I swear this big guy can act childish at times. I mean hello, he haven’t greeted me here in his vmail.

 

“Anyways… I thanks God for giving me someone like you, I thanks to your parents for making you and lastly I want to thank my good-looks since this face has made you fall for me" He chuckled and I did too.

 "I’m so handsome, right?”"

 

I scoffed I mean seriously? Heck this guy! He can’t get enough of himself !

 

“And… I also want to tell you that I love you from the bottom of my hypothalamus…”

 

What? Bottom of his what!?

 

“Yes, baby. I love you from the bottom of my hypothalamus. In case you didn’t know hypothalamus is part of our brains that controls our emotions—“

 

Fhudge! Is he serious? Did he just use his Psychology metaphor just to tell me he loves me? Last week he said that he love Psychology since he’s really fascinated in how you can read a person’s behavior.

 

“Why am I even using hypothalamus? Oh! Just forget it. I just want to say I love you… and oh! Did I greet you already? Oh my god. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY LOVE! See you later at Hongdae at our favorite café. Later at 10:00am. Don’t be late, okay? See you later. Byeee~ I miss you.”

 

Then I heard a beep signalling that the vmail has ended. I look at the clock, it’s only 7:05am. I did my morning routine. Suddenly my phone rang I rush to get it at my bed hoping that it’s Kris but sadly no. it’s my advisor for my Art Exhibit.

 

“Hello?”

“Oh! Lili, so about your Exhibit this coming Saturday. I’m sorry but the art department have moved it on Sunday since an art critique from England will visit your gallery!”

“What!? Really!? Okay, Ma'am! No problem with that! Thank you so much!” I said as I cover my mouth because I cna't help but to squelled.

“Okay, deary. Make sure to finish those final set, okay?”

“Okay!” 

 

By that she ended the call! Wow! What a birthday gift! Hitting two birds with one stone! Having my own Exhibit plus having a critique to visit my gallery is such a blessing! Yay! My phone rang again… it’s Yang. I've been classmates with him in most of my class since we're taking the same course. I became friends with him since day one but Kris asked me to avoid him since he feels that Yang likes me. He doesn't like Yang being close to me. We fought a week about that and in the end I tried to distance myself with Yang but since it's hard since we almost have the same schedule. We still became close friends minus the hang outs and text messages. I didn't tell Yang about Kris' issue to him because I don't want him to think that my Kris is too possesive. Yang is just an excemption to Kris. Though, I don't lie to Kris when there are some instances that I need to contact Yang or we need to work on something. I always bring Kris with me and Yang brings his girlfriend too because he doesn't want to be a 3rd wheel. 

 

“Yes, Yang?”

“ HAPPY BIRTHDAY!”

“Thanks, Yang Yang.” I laughed.

“Uh… actually I have a problem…” he confessed.

"Is that the real reason why you called me?” I teased

“No! I also want to greet you, it's just that--”

"Oh, hold on for a second." I interupted him because there was another incoming call thinking it was Kris'. I looked at the caller ID.

"Hold up. Xinye is calling me right now--"

"Connect the call, Lili." He ordered and I comply.

"Hello, Xinye?"

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LILI!" she shouted.

"Girl, are you planning to blow my eardrums?" She just giggled.

"Anyway, thank you, Xi. Your boyfriend is on the line too." I informed her.

"Okay, good! Hello baobei!" she greeted Yang.

"Baobei!" Yang said.

"Okay guys, did you just ask me to make this three-way call. So that I can hear you go lovey-dovey?" I asked playfully and they both laughed.

"No, so we're here to explain the problem. My mom just set me up on an arrange marriage and she wants me to meet my 'soon-to-be-wife' today--" Yang wasn't able to finish because Xinye continued.

"And sadly I'm not there to pull her hair!!! You know that I'm here in China for the opening of our new branch, Can you pretend as my baobei's girlfriend, please?" Xinye pleaded. Yang parents does not like Xinye because her family is not that rich as Yang's. Typical rich Chinese family.

"We'll treat you everything you want, once Xinye comesback from China! Please, Shinzao save us." Yang and Xi pretended to cry and I just laughed.

"Okay, okay."

"Don't worry, I'll tell Kris so that--" I interupted Xinye

"No. No need, Xi. It won't take an hour anyway, right?"

"Yup."

 

We settled the place and time before hanging up. I told them that Yang should meet his soon-to-be wife at the same café where I'll meet Kris too at 9:30am so that I won't be hassle in going to another place after another. By

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter