Chapter 1

Telling the world

 

How much time had passed since he confessed to me that he is in love with me? Eight years. I never dare to dream that something like this will happen to me. However, I never regret it. Falling in love with him and being together with him, is the best thing that ever happens to me. He is Kwon Jiyong aka G Dragon, the love of my life.

 

We started dating since 2005. That was before he debuted with Bigbang and became the most well-known singer in the world. He dedicates most of his time towards music and trainee life back then. Especially since that year was really crucial for him as he was expected to debut the very next year. I first met him at a café near my college in 2004. He was making me uncomfortable when he kept staring at me. I thought he was some lost boy with cute gummy smile on his face.  I still remembered that day; he was holding a book in his left hand. He kept rubbing his lower lip using his pen and occasionally, he unconsciously bit his pen. He seemed like he was lost in thought. The moment I chose to sit at the table in front of him, he snapped out of his trance.

 

You were wondering how I realised all of these, aren’t you? That’s easy. It was because; unconsciously I was staring at him too. He seemed weird and I was bored at that time.

 

After a moment, he came to my table and without asking, he just sat at the empty chair in front of me. He smiled and my heart skipped a beat. He looked so innocent and at the same time, mischievous. When I realised that I was staring at him without blinking, I quickly moved my gazed to my lap. I can feel my face became red due to my action and he was smirking at me.

 

 

“Have anyone ever told you that you eat like a camel?” He was chuckling after he said that.

 

“No one ever say that. You are being rude, kiddo.” I pouted my lips since I was really offended with his comment. Yet, he even had a nerve to laugh out loud after that.

 

“You really do. But I think you are the cutest camel ever.” He just smiled at me after he said that, flashing his cute toothy smile. Damn him for being so cute.

 

“I am a lady and I do not appreciate that you are comparing me to a camel!” I snapped at him and hoped that he would take the hint that I did not like him. However, his next comment made my jaw dropped if that was possible.

 

“Then, have anyone ever told you that you look like a supermodel?” He winked. For God’s sake, he even dared to wink at me after that. Well, I would be lying if I said that I was not flustered with his words. Even then, he always has ways to make my heart flutters.

 

 

 

 

After our first meeting, I kept meeting him at that café. It was as if he was waiting for me to show up, which I did. But I came not because I wanted to see him; I came because that café served the best butter corn in town. Okay, that was half of the truth. I did wish to see him again. Since then, we became closer and I found out that he was a trainee at YG entertainment. He even showed me his treasure, his lyrics’ book.  Once, he performed in front of me, which on that very day he made his confession.

 

His confession was simple but the most romantic I had ever received from a guy. It was at a rooftop at my apartment. It happened so naturally. We were teasing each other, having ddeokbokki and soju as our dinner.  Suddenly he stood up and started to rap in front of me.

(Oh) Uhh hey baby girl, what's up
Give me just a little time
You be always on the go, it's like, oh, you can barely say 'Hi'
My sweet lover, there can never be another
Wanna rub ya, baby all the above
No one can deny you're so fly, so fly
Gotta say 'my, my'
And it's killing me every day of the week
Oh, but I guess I get by
Want you on this side of me
Just ride with me to our destination
Kick back, unwind and relax you know

Never mind your probs and woes
We can sail away and free those
Everyday type city life
Now it's our time, enjoy this view
The sun is out and it's all about you and me
Let's get this groove on
Get a move on
Hey, let's cruise on
Until the morning yo

*(WE BELONG TOGETHER ENGLISH TRANSLATION)

 

 

He stopped rapping and came closer to me. He held my hand and he said those three magic words. I was speechless for a moment. He sat still in front of me and I saw in his eyes that he was afraid of my rejection. I smiled at him and I told him that his feeling was mutual. I love him then and now.