Of dances and such

Red Thread

April was gone and May begun with big hopes.

Hyukjae, Donghae and Shindong were soon graduating and they all applied to the same University. They sent their applications late April and just prayed for the best.

Hyukjae, Hyoyeon and Taemin kept preparing for the dance contest. Donghae always stayed in the library waited for Hyukjae to finish his practice to walk home together. They met up in the hall at exactly 7pm and this one day Donghae was leaning against the lockers waiting for Hyukjae who was; strangely, late.

Donghae stared at the direction of the practice room, he saw Hyukjae a few feet away from him, limping towards him. Donghae separated from the lockers, concern written all over his face, and a cold chill ran down his spine.

Hyukjae looked up at Donghae, revealing that his face was covered in blood and bruises, his uniform was a mess, he was holding his stomach with one arm, and his backpack with the other. Donghae’s eyes widened at the sight, though Hyukjae chuckled and smiled at him. Donghae’s shoulders fell down and he gulped hard, his eyes becoming watery.

Donghae walked up to Hyukjae and stopped right in front of him.

“Hi” Hyukjae said softly.

“What happened?” Donghae asked seriously, his eyes examining Hyukjae’s face bruises.

“Umm… Taeyang and some guys broke into practice room… and well…” Hyukjae said looking at the floor. Donghae sighed.

“Let’s get you home” he turned his back to Hyukjae, taking off his backpack, and allowed the other to climb at his back.

~~

“I’m gonna murder him” Donghae said as he was piggy-backing Hyukjae. Hyukjae bite Donghae’s ear playfully. “Don’t do that”

Hyukjae answered Donghae by placing a quick peck on his neck, then nuzzling it with his nose. Donghae; despite being angry, laughed from the tickles.

“Hyukjae I’m serious, stop it or I’ll drop you” Donghae said trying to sound serious though he had a smile on his face, same as Hyukjae.

“Doesn’t matter, we’re here already” Hyukjae answered sticking out his tongue, though Donghae couldn’t see him.

“jerk” Donghae simply said letting Hyukjae down from his back.

Donghae placed Hyukjae’s right arm above his shoulders and helped him walk the few steps to the front door. They walked inside the house and let Hyejung know that they were home. Hyejung walked to receive them, though her calm expression changed to worry upon seeing Hyukjae.

“WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?!” She asked running to her son’s side and checking on his wounds.

“Some guys-” Hyukjae started, though he was cut short.

“That’s it Hyukjae, tomorrow I’m having a good talk with the principal and all these guys parents” Hyejung stated angered “And we’re going to a hospital now”

“Mom I’m fine” Hyukjae tried reassuring his mother, though it was useless.

“We’ll check that with a doctor then, Donghae go for Haru” she commanded in a non-questionable tone. She walked off to start the car, Hyukjae limping after her, and Donghae quickly grabbed Haru from the living room then following them into the car.

~~

“Does it hurt a lot?” Donghae asked concerned. “Will you be okay by the competition?”

They were both sitting on Hyukjae’s bed, legs crossed.

“Yeah don’t worry… I can handle it” Hyukjae smiled reassuringly “At least there wasn’t big internal damage, like nothing’s broken”

“Yeah…” Donghae said softly, looking down.

“What’s wrong?” Hyukjae furrowed his eyebrows and stared at Donghae concerned.

Donghae sighed and laid in bed, his head hanging at the bed’s edge.

“It’s just… I hate them. I mean, why did they have to hurt you? Why do they have to mock us, every single day? Why is making our lives a living hell makes them feel better? Will they look back in 30 years and go: oh you know I was a total douchebag to them and all they did was love each other, wow what a I am? I hate them all. I mean… when I have kids and they ask me about how is high school am I supposed to tell them that they’ll either get bullied or they’ll be the douchebags doing the bullying?” Donghae said anger filling him up “I really don’t want to tell my kids you get bullied for being who you are, if being who you are happens to be different from everybody else.”

Hyukjae moved to lay besides Donghae, staring at him.

“I really hope we can tell our kids that we remained truth to ourselves through it. That we didn’t let any douchebags change us, or decide our life. That even if we had the world against us we were happy, we followed our hearts, and that we had awesome friends that stood with us. I hope our kids learn to see the light in the dark” Hyukjae placed a chaste kiss on Donghae’s cheek before climbing back up to sit again.

Donghae’s eyes were confused, he blinked a couple of times and then he joined Hyukjae again.

“Did you just imply we are going to have kids?” Donghae asked confused, Hyukjae smiled big, showing off his gums.

“I want three though, 2 guys and 1 girl, the middle one being the girl” he answered simply.

“We can’t even get married here” Donghae reasoned.

“We’ll go somewhere else then” Hyukjae answered stubbornly.

Donghae chuckle. “You’re impossible”

“I know” Hyukjae leant in and placed a soft kiss on Donghae’s lips, Donghae answered the kiss careful of Hyukjae’s split lip. Both their eyes shut close and their whole bodies relaxed to the kiss.

~~

It was midnight that same night, and Donghae couldn’t seem to fall asleep. He laid in bed his eyes wide open and his back towards Hyukjae who had an arm around his waist; Hyukjae’s breath hit his neck constantly reminding him that; at least, he was asleep.

Donghae carefully took Hyukjae’s arm off of him and crawl out of bed. He went downstairs and into the kitchen, poured himself a glass of water and sat down on a stool in front of a table.

After a really long time, Donghae let his thoughts wander free, his brain bringing back memories and playing them on his mind.

‘I wanna die’ I kept thinking, tears clouded my sight. I had problems breathing, I felt like I was about to pass out.

Was the feeling of drowning what drove me to take the pocket knife in one hand and shakily bring it against my wrist?

I cut myself.

That was the only thing I could realize as the pain ran throughout all my body, sending sparks in my blood. I let my head rest against the cold tiles of the bathroom walls. I gasped at the pain and at the release.

Somehow feeling my blood run free against my skin, hear it fall to the floor, and feel the sting of the cut brought me joy.

And then I cut myself again. And a last time.

And that’s when the pounding on the door and the screams started.

I was expecting it to be my dad; but no, the voice was softer, more desperate, more youth, more like… Hyukjae.

My eyes opened immediately. My heart pounded strongly, and a chill run down my spine. I looked at the mess at my wrist, and then at the door. I felt my head throbbing, my whole body aching, and tears came back to my eyes.

“Go away” my voice sounded hoarse, and my throat hurt when I spoke.

“Donghae, please open the door” I could hear Hyukjae’s voice breacking.

He was crying.

“Hyukjae just leave me alone!” I screamed at him. I didn’t want him to see my like this,  I didn’t want to see him crying. I felt dizzy.

He continued begging me and pounding on the door, and the noise was a little too much for my head so I crawled towards the door, unlocked it and opened it.

“Please… don’t make noise, my head hurts a lot” I begged softly.

“Donghae…” he whispered, kneeling down. I looked away from him, ashamed.

I felt his arms surrounding me, and he hugged me close. My head came to rest on his shoulders, his warm tears hit mine, and I felt myself going dizzy again, my heart aching with pain.

Hyukjae separated from me briefly to clean and bandage my wound. Then I was again in his arms, crying.

“Never hurt yourself again, ok?” he asked me, his voice barely a whisper full of concern and sadness.

‘Ok’

The memory made Donghae shiver. He took a good gulp of water, and then placed the glass back on the table, both hands on it, his fingers gripping it tightly. He sighed and another memory came to his mind.

“Did you bring any lunch?” Hyukjae asked me trying to hide his concern, though it was useless with me.

“No” I answered simply. Hyukjae should know by now that there was absolutely no one that made me lunch and for me it wasn’t that important in order to make my own lunch.

“Good! I made you a bento” Hyukjae said happily, handing me a bento.

“Thanks Hyuk but um… I’m really no hungry” and I really wasn’t, I hated that Hyukjae wanted me to eat when I didn’t feel like it.

“But Donghae! I put in a lot of effort! I really did, please just eat a bit” Hyukjae put on this dumb pout and puppy eyes, and I could only sigh. I opened the bento only to find my favorite meal: chicken doritang.

Donghae’s grip on the glass increased, and a lonely tear ran down his cheek. The times Hyukjae had asked him if he had eaten, the times were Hyukjae prepared him lunch, and the times Hyukjae had to force/beg him so he would eat were countless.

Donghae felt a lump on his throat, every sound muting so only his beating heart could be heard. His sight was lost and blurry by unshed tears.

All his life Hyukjae had been there for him. Through his darkest times Hyukjae was the one who brought him out of them. Hyukjae knew every scar he had, every little detail, everything about him; and still he loved him.

Donghae hated himself, he hated his scars, and believed he was a truly mess, but somehow Hyukjae loved him.

Why?

“Can’t sleep?” Donghae jumped in his seat in surprise, being brought back to reality by Hyukjae’s voice. He turned to see Hyukjae leaning against the doorway. Hyukjae smiled at him and then he walked- limped- to him, sitting down on the stool next to Donghae’s.

“No… I was just… thinking” Donghae said looking down at the glass. “C-can I… ask you something?”

“Shoot” Hyukjae simply said, placing an elbow on the table, and leaning against it, his vision fixated on Donghae.

“Why… why do you… love me?” Donghae said, his voice unsteady and barely over a whisper. Hyukjae took the glass of water from Donghae and drank a gulp.

“Why do you ask?” he asked in return.

“You know everything about me… I think you know me better than I know myself and still… you fell for me… how?” Donghae asked looking up at Hyukjae. Hyukjae’s eyes saw confusion and pain in Donghae’s eyes and his heart ached.

“Donghae… you focus only on the flaws you have and you can’t see just how amazing you are. Sure Hae, you’ve made your mistakes, but you’re just human it’s ok. Your scars… sure they are flaws but Donghae to me those are the proof that you made it through. That you went through hell and you made it through. I admire your strength, and God Donghae you’re beautiful –or well handsome” at this point more silent tears made their way down Donghae’s cheek, Hyukjae stopped leaning on his elbow and instead placed his warm hand over Donghae’s cheek tenderly, his thumb rubbing Donghae’s skin to get rid of the tear track. Donghae closed his eye on impulse.

“You’re kind, you still smile brightly, you’re playful, you’re childish, you’re cute, you’re faithful, and yes you’re scared, you’re sad, you’re fragile. But you know you can’t have a rainbow without a rain.” Hyukjae smiled softly at Donghae and Donghae returned the smile, Hyukjae’s words made him feel better and reassured.

“Well… I’m going back to bed” Hyukjae said standing up with a pain grunt. Donghae looked up at him concerned; Hyukjae placed a hand at the back of Donghae’s head and the other under his neck and brought him close for a hug. Donghae placed both arms around Hyukjae’s waist. Hyukjae leant down a bit and kissed the top of Donghae’s head softly. “I love you so much Hae” he said before separating from him and limping back to bed.

Donghae finished his glass before following him.

~~

“Donghae help me warm up ok?” Hyukjae asked gaining Donghae’s attention, the later nodded and bent down on the floor with Hyukjae. Hyukjae spread his legs and leant down, Donghae pushed just a bit.

It was the big day, the dance competition was happening now. It was a big indoor room, with a main stage and several sponsored stands selling food, drinks, t-shirts and such were gathered around the place. It was kind-of crowded, though the dancers were in a waiting zone by the stage. The main event hadn’t started yet, so they were all warming up.

“Help me do abdominal crunches” Hyukjae told Donghae and the later nodded. He kneeled down while Hyukjae laid on the ground, knees up. Donghae held Hyukjae’s feet while the other went up and down, Donghae counting them.

When Hyukjae reached ten, he leaned closer to Donghae and placed a quick peck on his lips. Hyukjae smiled smoothly after, though Donghae glared at him.

“You just wanted an excuse to do that right?” Donghae asked rolling his eyes.

“Yep” Hyukjae said brightly, and Donghae smiled at him.

“You’re unbelievable” Donghae said, but before Hyukjae could answer him the hosts of the event begun talking through their mics. Donghae helped Hyukjae up. “Are you really ok?”

“Yeah, don’t worry Hae, it doesn’t hurt anymore. I’m kicking some tonight” Hyukjae said enthusiastically.

“Though not mine, I’m kicking yours” Hyoyeon said appearing by his side.

“Bring it on, blonde” Hyukjae teased.

“Oh you’ll see monkey brains” Hyoyeon teased back.

After some contestants passed, Taemin was called on stage. Jongin gave his boyfriend a quick peck on the cheek before he went on stage.

Taemin dance was really good elaborated, with really smooth dance moves, pirouettes, and it ended up with him in the floor in a split. The crowd went wild, though the wildest were the dance team members.

Some other contestants and it was Hyukjae’s turn.

“Fighting!” Donghae said making a fist with his left hand showing off the wristband to Hyukjae. Hyukjae smiled brightly and went on stage.

Hyukjae danced a remix, the first song being from Michael Jackson as expected. But the second song…

Donghae opened his eyes wide, the same as his mouth when he heard it.

The second song; was the song Donghae had made for him.

It had an electric beat and stuff, but it was his song. Hyukjae had used his song for the competition. Donghae had never felt more proud. The dance Hyukjae prepared was amazing too, with stunts and ballet moves combined with hip-hop moves. And then the song changed to 2ne1’s ‘I’m the best’ and the crowd went wild.

Donghae couldn’t really cheer with them because he was still shocked.

Hyukjae ended his dance in a hand stand. The crowd went crazy, and so did Donghae.

Hyukjae came down from the stage and to his side.

“Did you liked it?” Hyukjae asked with a big grin. And Donghae couldn’t really resist himself so he throw his arms around Hyukjae’s shoulders –never mind he was covered in sweat- and kissed him on the lips, his eyes shut closed, and his whole body light up in sparks.

“Oh my God, you used my song! You really used my song!” Donghae yelled excited when they broke apart.

“Yeah, if there’s a song that will lead me to victory it was that one” Hyukjae said smiling big. Donghae hugged him close, and he surrounded Donghae’s waist with his arms. He rest his head on Donghae’s shoulder and whispered to his ear. “It’s my tribute to the most wonderful, amazing person I had the pleasure of meeting”

Donghae smiled lovingly by hearing Hyukjae’s honest compliment.

Hyoyeon was after a couple of contestants, and needless to say, she was marvelous. Her dance was full of passion and great ballet, jazz and hip-hop moves.

Other few contestants and it was over. The judges were given 15 minutes for them to deliberate on who gets the third, second and first place.

“Guys, I’ve never introduced to you my boyfriend so, here he is Junhyung these are my guys and girls, people this is Junhyung” Hyoyeon said simply as she appeared next to the dance team with a guy in her arm. He greeted them and they all greeted him back.

They talked for a bit but then the hosts were back on stage with the results and after a short message of the sponsors and how thankful they were to all contestants and people that came to the event they gave the results.

“The third place who will receive 250,000 won (almost $200) goes to… KIM HYOYEON!” the crowd clapped and cheered. The dance team all hugged Hyoyeon close, while she screamed excited.

She went up the stage and was given a small trophy and a check. She smiled happily.

“Anything you want to say?” the host asked and handed her a mic.

“Yeah, just wanna really thank everybody that supported me, especially my boy and my dance team, I would never be able to be standing here without you, thank you” she said quickly and then she gave back the mic.

“Alright, let’s continue then… the second place who will take home 400,000 (almost $350) is… LEE TAEMIN!”

“Minnie!”Jongin hugged Taemin before anyone else could and the duo screamed excited. Again the crowd cheer and clapped as Taemin went up the stage and was given a medium trophy and a check. He was handed the mic, even though he was really nervous tospeak Taemin was somehow able to.

“I really want to thank my parents, and my dance team, and my best friend Jongin, and just all of you guys, thank you a lot” Taemin said nervously, the host patted him on the back.

Taemin stood next to Hyoyeon a big grin on his face. Hyoyeon then turned to Hyukjae and she pointed him with her head, as if telling him that he was going to win.

Donghae grabbed Hyukjae’s right hand with his and intertwined his fingers. Hyukjae looked up at him and Donghae showed him his crossed fingers. Hyukjae crossed them too and turned to the stage.

“And now the first place and the winner of 575,000 won (almost $500) is…

LEE HYUKJAE”

Hyukjae was shocked and he couldn’t move for a moment and everybody hugged him. Donghae was screaming at his ear that he won but he just couldn’t believe it. And then it hit him and he just screamed excited too and run up stage.

There was confetti coming down from the ceiling, he was given a big trophy, a check and the mic.

“I’m so happy I- just wanna thank my family for supporting me, my dance club –I love you guys you’re amazing, thank you so much for helping me improve and just for everything, you’re great and finally I want to thank my other half, you’re the most amazing thing that could happen to me, thank you and thank you for the awesome song I love you, THANK YOU!” Hyukjae said before bowing to the audience who cheered for him.

Hyoyeon hugged him followed by Taemin, they got pictures taken up and then they were called off stage. They immediately run to their team who congratulated them.

Donghae immediately hugged Hyukjae closed.

“I told you I’ll win thanks to your song” Hyukjae said excited.

“You won because you’re the best” Donghae said happily.

“I won because that dance was dedicated to my other half” Hyukjae said kissing Donghae’s cheek “and since my other half is amazing, of course the dance had to be amazing too”

Donghae just hugged Hyukjae tighter, he never had been happier in his life.

~~

“Hyuk, what will you do with the money?” Hyoyeon asked after swallowing her food.

After the competition they had all went to dinner together to celebrate their victories- and teammates/boyfriends/girlfriend victories.

“I’m gonna save it, for college” Hyukjae answered nonchalantly “probably will use some to treat my boyfriend to a proper dinner in one of those elegant restaurants”

“Do you wanna have a date like that?” Donghae asked estranged, looking at Hyukjae like he had a third eye.

“You don’t?” Hyukjae asked back, confused.

“It would be really awkward. Just treat me to pizza and I’ll be happy” Donghae said simply. Everybody laughed, Hyukjae smiled wide at Donghae, he put an arm around his shoulders and brought his head close. Hyukjae placed a small kiss on the top of Donghae’s head and Donghae smiled at him.

“You should use part of the money in your suits for the prom party” Shindong suggested.

“Are we going to the prom party?” Donghae asked Hyukjae.

“You don’t want to go?” Hyukjae asked in return, placing an elbow on the table and resting his head in his hand.

“I don’t know…” Donghae looked down at the table.

“You should go, I mean it’s your last prom” Hyoyeon added simply.

“I think we should go, not let anyone scare us away” Hyukjae told Donghae.

“Yeah… as if saying: even after all, we’re still here” Donghae nodded, and stole food from Hyukjae’s plate.

Hyukjae fake complained making everybody laugh, and Donghae only smiled innocently at him.

~~

“I look ridiculous” Hyukjae muttered watching himself in front of the full length mirror. He was trying on a blue suit with a white shirt, and after seeing himself he came out of the fitting room so Hyoyeon could see him.

Currently, Hyukjae, Donghae and Hyoyeon were on a hunt for both their prom suits and Hyoyeon’s dress.

“Yes you do” Hyoyeon agreed upon seeing him.

Hyukjae groaned in frustration.

“Everything would be easier if you just let me chose your suit” Hyoyeon stated.

“I let her choose mine” Donghae said coming out of the fitting room. He was wearing grey pants, a grey jacket, a formal black shirt, and a black silk tie.

“And you look wonderful” Hyoyeon beamed, going straight to Donghae and checking him out.

Donghae mouthed ‘Do I?’ to Hyukjae, who nodded immediately.

“Alright Hyo, you convinced me choose mine please” Hyukjae said to which Hyoyeon smirked with pride before walking away from them.

“I’ll… go change then” Donghae said simply going back to the fitting room.

Hyoyeon came back minutes later with several items in her hands that she gave to Hyukjae. Hyukjae took the items inside the fitting room and changed into them.

He went outside to let Hyoyeon and Donghae see him, he was wearing black pants, a white smooth shirt, a white jacket, and a black bow tie.

“You look fantastic” Hyoyeon said honestly. Hyukjae turned to Donghae and raised an eyebrow in question.

“You look amazing” Donghae said nodding. Hyukjae shrugged his shoulders and went inside to change to his clothes.

They paid for both their suits and then accompanied Hyoyeon to look for her dress.

“So we get to pick the dress for you?” Hyukjae asked Hyoyeon.

“Nu-huh I already know what I’m going to buy” Hyoyeon said happily. “Sorry I chose it when I came with Jia and Minzy but I didn’t bought it since I wanted to see more, but I like that one so I’ll buy it now” she explained happily.

They went inside a store and Hyoyeon practically flew to where her dress was and then she came back to Hyukjae and Donghae holding the item for them to see. It was a navy blue satin mid thigh dress, it was strapless except for the left shoulder strap that was covered in silver jewels.

“What do you think?” Hyoyeon asked expectant.

“I think I’ll suit you” Hyukjae nodded in approval.

“Yeah, it goes well with your hair” Donghae added.

“Thank guys” Hyoyeon said smiling. She went to pay for her dress, returning minutes later. “Come on now, I need to buy shoes”

~~

“Big day” Donghae sighed, nervousness filling his entire being.

“Hey, it’s gonna be alright” Hyukjae said reassuringly, tapping Donghae on the back. Donghae smiled lightly at him.

“Okay now stand in front of the stairs to take your picture” Hyejung said excited, looking proudly at her boys.

“Mom” Hyukjae whined childishly.

“No whines; just pose and smile” she said.

“I tried” Hyukjae whispered to Donghae who laughed. 

They posed together before leaving for prom.

“We’re going walking?” Donghae asked once they were outside.

“Did you expect a carriage princess?” Hyukjae teased nudging Donghae’s shoulder with his.

“Never mind” Donghae answered nudging back.

“I could carry you if you want me to” Hyukjae offered half honestly.

“No thanks, your suit will be ruined” Donghae half answered, half warned.

They teased, talked, and joked the rest of the way until they got to school. Donghae took a deep breath, while Hyukjae stared at him concerned.

Hyukjae took a hold of Donghae’s hand, intertwining their fingers together, and squeezing Donghae’s hand a little. Then he smiled encouraging at Donghae. Donghae squeezed Hyukjae’s hand back, smile and nodded, before taking the first step towards the entry.

The whole gym was decorated in stars, with stars balloons, trails of stars hanging from the ceiling, and a lot of Christmas’ lights were everywhere to dissimulate stars. There was a small stage at the end of the gym and a refreshments table on the left side.

They went inside the school’s gym and ignored the stares they got as they walked in. instead they made a beeline towards the dancing club who were kind of isolated from everyone; they were by a wall on the right near the centre of it.

 “Heeeey, looking good” Jongin said clasping Hyukjae’s hand and bumping his shoulder with his’.

They had been dancing and having fun for hours when the music stopped and the principal got the attention of the students by talking on the mic.

“It’s time to announce the prom queen and king of the year” he said fake excited.

“You guys voted for anyone?” Jia asked them in general to what everybody answered ‘no’.

“The prom king of 2013 is…” the principal opened an envelope and took out a paper “Lee Hyukjae” he announced.

“Did you sign up for king?” Donghae asked utterly confused.

“No” Hyukjae answered equally confused.

“Well… you better go?” Hyoyeon suggested.

Hyukjae walked away from the group and onto the stage to receive the crown and cane for the king.

He had this feeling that something will go utterly wrong but he tried to ignore it.

“And now, for this year’s prom queen…” again the principal ripped open an envelope and took out a paper. He read the two words on it and his smile vanished, with a jaded voice he muttered “Lee Donghae”

To which the room erupted in laughter, and Donghae felt all his blood turn cold.

Of course he thought of course they had to humiliate me one last time.

A stage light was focused on him. His eyes were wide open and he was sure he was about to cry.

The dance club looked at each other not really knowing how to react. Donghae was looking everywhere, searching for a way to get out of there.

Hyukjae stared at Donghae shocked, but then he took a deep breath. He grabbed the queen’s crown and cane and walked up to Donghae, determined.

Everybody went silent.

Hyukjae stopped right in front of him and took off his crown.

“Will you be my king Donghae?” he whispered holding the king’s crown for Donghae to take. Donghae stared at Hyukjae’s eyes and he felt his blood turning warm again. He smiled softly and took the queen’s crown instead.

“Queen’s live longer” Donghae whispered back and Hyukjae smiled, placing his crown on his head again.

Donghae hugged Hyukjae, and Hyukjae returned the hug.

Thank you” Donghae whispered in his ear.

“And now the king’s and queen’s first dance” the principal said proudly.

A slow soft ballad song started playing.

They didn’t break apart their hug and merely moved to the song. The dance team quickly joined them, waltzing in couples, they were followed by more couples.

Donghae rested his chin against Hyukjae’s shoulder. He caught Jessica glaring at him and he mouthed an ‘eat your heart out’. She gave him an offended grimace before disappearing. Donghae smiled proudly at himself.

“We’ll get going guys, we’ll be at the park near to our house” Hyukjae said once the song was over and he had separated from Donghae, though their hands were clasped together.

“Bye, have fun” their friends said waving them goodbye.

~~

“We did it, we actually did it” Donghae said as he moved lightly on the swing. “we actually made it through this year”

“Yeah” Hyukjae smiled widely looking up at the moon “after all, nobody could break us apart”

“And how crazy it is that a gay couple are king and queen now huh” Donghae said laughing.

“Hey Donghae… I don’t have a candy right now, but if you fall from the swing… I could kiss it better” Hyukjae said turning his gaze towards Donghae.

Donghae smiled bright at the memory and turned to stare at Hyukjae too.

“I’ll take the kiss without the falling” Donghae said in a whisper, leaning closer to Hyukjae; his eyes never leaving his’, and he bite softly his bottom lip briefly before Hyukjae crushed any distance between them, taking Donghae’s lips in a delicate soft kiss. Their eyes shut close with pleasure, their hands remained in the swing’s strings though their hold on them strengthened, and their noses rested against each other’s.

The moon shone bright on them, and so did the stars, a soft cool breeze danced past them; creating just the perfect atmosphere for their kiss.

If you looked closely you could see a red thread that united both their pinkies in a perfect bond that may stretch or tangle but never break.

~~

The end?


I'm just kidding, that was the end (or not)

So yeah this story consumed my life, and I would love to, like, break it down more but I was only allowed 5 chapters max so there you go c:

I hope you liked it

:DD

Oh by the way I needed to explain why I made Donghae like a shojo anime girl; the thing is that Donghae is sooo in love with Hyukjae because Hyukjae is the only person in his life that has never left him or hurt him -in case it wasn't obvious- so it's more like Donghae needs Hyukjae, and he's also afraid of people leaving him so if ever Hyukjae leaves him well Donghae would be devastated .__.

Anyway I just wanted to give a big thanks to my friend Dania for the amazing poster she did for the story *----*

And a big thanks also to all my friends that encouraged me to write this story and read it too  and helped me through my writting process/crisis (Carolina, Belen, Leyra, Claudia, Brianda and Dania c:)