Kiss?

Red Thread

For the next few days Donghae and Hyukjae had returned to school. Everybody kept bullying them and all, but they really didn’t care. Donghae had most important things to think about than some closed minded jerks comments.

Like the fact that his dad was going to prison for four and a half years. Donghae really didn’t mind. Though it was his dad, the man had hurt him in many ways and Donghae was sick of it. He finally felt safe at home, and after a really long time he had a family again.

Hyukjae and he kept being extremely busy. They would exhaust themselves each day so Donghae could sleep peacefully at nigh but… at night things were different. When they laid down to sleep and the silence grew between them, Donghae would remember, he would remember and he would start shaking.

That’s why Hyukjae did the best he could to keep Donghae busy, even at night, so that Donghae could fall asleep without having to be in silence. Hyukjae did many different things to accomplish that:

“Hey Hae will you count with me?” Hyukjae asked the other teen his eyes half lid open.

“Sure” Donghae answered, his eyes closed but his voice didn’t show tiredness.

“1” Hyukjae said sighing.

“2” Donghae continued calmly.

“3” Hyukjae continued.

“4”

“299” Hyukjae said his voice barely a whisper.

There was no answer from Donghae, so Hyukjae opened his eyes and glanced at Donghae’s face. He was completely asleep; his lips parted a bit, his eyes shut closed, and all his facial features relaxed.

Hyukjae smiled a bit and finally closed his eyes to drift to dreamland too.

~~

“Let’s say famous dogs Hae” Hyukjae said starring at his ceiling.

“mmm… Snoopy” Donghae answered staring at Hyukjae.

“Scooby-Doo” Hyukjae continued.

“Bolt” Donghae continued shifting a bit in bed.

About fifteen minutes later they had both ran out of names, but still Hyukjae tried his best to find one.

“Hae” Hyukjae said turning to face Donghae. The latter had already fallen asleep as he waited for Hyukjae to find an answer. Hyukjae smiled softly “Gromit” he answered in a whisper before going to sleep.

~~

“Haru, want to hear a bedtime story?” Hyukjae asked his little sister as he stepped inside her room. The little girl nodded enthusiastically and Hyukjae smiled fondly at her. He took his little sister in his arms and took one of the books on her bookcase, then he walked back to his room.

He placed her next to Donghae in bed, who in return hugged the little girl close to him.

“Donghae don’t laugh” Hyukjae said before grabbing his wheelchair and sitting down on it. Donghae smiled playfully.

“Can’t promise anything Hyuk” he said simply. Hyukjae stuck his tongue out before beginning to tell the story.

He made different voices, actions and faces to keep them both entertained. Donghae and Haru both enjoyed the story, though they were really tired so they ended up lying in bed.

“Fin” Hyukjae said and looked up at the two in bed. They were both peacefully asleep and Hyukjae smiled warmly at the sight.

He took a picture of them and then covered them both with a blanket. Once he was done, he searched for a sleeping bag and some blankets to sleep in –seeing that his bed was taken by Donghae and Haru- he placed his “bed” on the floor of his room and then turned off the light.

Every night Hyukjae would make sure Donghae fell asleep before he himself did it. Hence, he would fall asleep during class- but to him, it was worth it.

~~

“What are you doing?” Hyukjae asked Donghae as the later sat down on the sofa, a book on his hands.

“You are going to take a nap and I, I’m going to read my book while you sleep” Donghae answered nonchalantly “You think I don’t know how you would only fall asleep after I do? You’re tired Hyukjae and need to rest, so…” Donghae grabbed a cushion and placed it over his legs “take a nap”

“Are you sure?” Hyukjae asked.

“Yeah” Donghae tapped the cushion and Hyukjae shrugged his shoulders, he lay down on the sofa and placed his head over the cushion in Donghae’s legs. After a few minutes Hyukjae fell asleep and Donghae smiled down at him sweetly, opening his book to read.

Few hours later Hyukjae woke up. He looked up at Donghae who was still reading and realized the book Donghae had was Harry Potter and the order of the phoenix. Hyukjae smiled at himself as he remembered years ago he had given Donghae the first of the book series and Donghae had refused to read it because ‘he wasn’t going to contribute to Hyukjae’s unhealthy obsessions’.

“You fell into my unhealthy obsessions” Hyukjae said, a stupid grin on his face.

Donghae didn’t say anything; he just kept on reading ignoring Hyukjae while the other pinched and played with his cheek.

Donghae would never admit to Hyukjae just how big the effect of him in his life was.

~~

The rest of March passed without further notice. And in a blink of an eye April was here, and so was Hyukjae’s 18th birthday. Hyukjae didn’t feel like throwing a party so he just went to eat at his favorite restaurant with his family and then at night he went out with the dance team to a bowling center.

Back at home at night Donghae asked Hyukjae to go out to their tree. Hyukjae climbed the tree and waited for Donghae, who appeared a few seconds later with his guitar in hand.

“What are you doing?” Hyukjae asked curious, smiling.

“I… I made you a s-song… I know it’s a ty gift but-” Donghae said looking down, his grip on his guitar growing.

“Donghae” Hyukjae cut him short. Donghae looked up at him surprised.

“Yes?”

“Can I hear the song?” Hyukjae asked encouraging. Donghae nodded. He took a deep breath and let his fingers play the guitar.

The melody coming from the guitar was sweet, soft and calm. Donghae closed his eyes and gave in completely to the music he was making. Hyukjae’s eyes were half close, his lips were a bit parted; he was in trance by the beautiful music he was hearing.

The song ended a few minutes later and Donghae let out a sigh.

“I’m sorry I didn’t sing it’s just… I was pretty nervous and-” Donghae couldn’t finish  since he felt Hyukjae’s hands grabbing the sides of his face gently, pulling him close, and Hyukjae’s lips kissed him soundly on the forehead.

Donghae’s eyes widened and a light tad of pink adorned his cheeks when Hyukjae broke apart.

“I love it” Hyukjae said with a sincere smile. Donghae smiled too, his eyes locked on Hyukjae’s.

“I’m g-glad you liked it… I well I recorded for you” Donghae said shyly, handing Hyukjae a cd.

“Best Birthday gift ever!” Hyukjae said smiling brightly and leaning in again to kiss Donghae’s cheek.

~~

“Hey Hyukjae you heard about the dance competition in June?” Hyoyeon asked one day at dance club, while they were stretching.

“Oh yeah, it’s uh a solo dance right?” he asked back, Hyoyeon nodded.

“You‘re entering?” Minzy asked curious.

“For the chance of winning the big prize? I’m in” Hyukjae said grinning brightly “besides I’m always up for a competition”

“ for you the prize will be mine” Hyoyeon retorted challengingly.

“Taemin is entering too so… I think both of you don’t stand a chance” Jongin said smirking and wiggling his eyebrows. Taemin just laughed.

“Hey Hae, are you entering?” Hyukjae asked hopeful.

“No Hyukjae, as your boyfriend I don’t want to kick your ” Donghae answered sweetly.

Everybody on the room burst out laughing –well everybody except Hyukjae who was a bit offended and Donghae who only fluttered his eyelashes at Hyukjae innocently.

“I don’t have problems doing that though” Hyoyeon said once she got her breath back.

“Neither do I” Taemin added happily.

“It’s a war then” Hyukjae said confident.

~~

“What are you gonna dance?” Donghae asked once they were alone in the dance room.

“It’s a surprise” Hyukjae said biting his bottom lip and walking off towards the stereo. “The dance, and the music, well… my whole performance will be a surprise”

“I take it you want me to leave then” Donghae said walking off to the exit door.

“Please?” Hyukjae asked with puppy eyes. Donghae rolled his eyes at him.

“I’ll be at the library, come for me when you feel like going home.” he said before leaving Hyukjae alone at the dance room.

~~

It was half April already and things were looking pretty good for Hyukjae and Donghae.

The bullying never stopped, but more than getting used to it, they ignored it. Hyukjae would always be in the lookout for Donghae, not letting written insults get to him and making sure nobody even tried to hurt Donghae in a physical level. Donghae in return would always leave Hyukjae post-its and notes with words like courage and phrases like don’t pay attention to them –just like Hyukjae used to do for Donghae during middle school.

Their situation wasn’t good but they were ok; as long as they could be together.

Though one day, it got out of hand.

“You aren’t practicing today?” Donghae asked curious as he exchanged books and notebooks on his locker.

“Naa, Hyoyeon is going to use the dance room” Hyukjae said leaning against his locker. Donghae was at his right, and something at his left caught his attention he saw a bunch of students walking towards them, he could recognize Jessica, Daesung and Taeyang between them and a chill run up his spine.

Donghae closed the door to his locker with an ‘all done’.

“Hae… let’s go” Hyukjae said separating from his locker quickly and taking Donghae’s hand in his. They started walking normally at first, but then Hyukjae sped up and he could hear the students speeding p behind them so Hyukjae just run and made Donghae run with him.

They went out of the school and run down the stairs, they heard someone yell ‘get them’ so they sped up.

Hyukjae and Donghae ran towards the direction of the house, a large group of students yelling at them and following them.

When they reached the park they were out of breath, the group was still following them. Hyukjae knew they wouldn’t make it to their house without the group reaching them. So, only thinking about protecting Donghae, he pushed him against a tree, and then he hugged him close, he forced Donghae to kneel a bit so that Hyukjae’s head was above his. Donghae’s body was almost full protected by Hyukjae and the tree.

The students reach them and began throwing them stuff from everywhere, being eggs, milk, soda, milkshake, between more things. Hyukjae hissed in pain as he felt something hit him hard in the head, and again when hot coffee met part of his back and leg –Hyukjae was thankful his backpack protected him of much.

Besides the throwing of stuff, the students also yelled at them the usual insults. Hyukjae moved his hands from Donghae’s back to his ears, to even try to protect him from the insults.

A few minutes later the students were gone, and Hyukjae finally separated from Donghae.

“Hae, are you hurt?” Hyukjae asked concerned.

“You are the one that got hit the most and you are asking me if I’m hurt?” Donghae answered exasperate. Hyukjae shrugged his shoulders sheepishly; Donghae’s eyes frantically looked at Hyukjae’s body, they His landed on Hyukjae’s top right side of his head. “You’re bleeding”

Hyukjae took his hand and cautiously touch the side of his head; he retrieved his fingers to find blood in them. Donghae freaked out, he immediately grabbed Hyukjae’s hand and pulled him back home quickly.

~~

“Guys what took you- what happened to you?” Hyejung asked entering the foyer at the sound of the front door closing. Her eyes widened in shock as she saw Hyukjae being completely covered in food. Donghae quickly ran upstairs to get the aid kit and Hyukjae was left alone.

“Hi mom” he said sheepishly, receiving a death glare from his mother. “yeah… let me explain” Hyukjae explained what happened. Halfway through his explanation Donghae came back down with the kit and forced Hyukjae to sit down so he could treat his wound.

“Donghae, dear, it’s better if you treat it when Hyukjae had cleaned up so that it can’t get infected” Hyejung patted Donghae’s shoulder making him return the cotton with alcohol that he had prepared. “Why don’t you help him up? Since it will be hard to get everything off”

Donghae sighed and nodded; Hyukjae nodded too and excused himself out of the room. He went upstairs, took a fresh change of clothes and went inside the bathroom.

A few minutes later Donghae knocked on the door. He opened it a bit and peered in, he could hear the water running, and he swallowed nervously before speaking.

“Do… you want help?” he asked timorous.

“Yeah, mom was right, I can’t get everything off my hair” Hyukjae answered. “Do you want me to put on my boxers?” Hyukjae asked amused. Donghae blush bright red and his eyes widened.

“Please” he answered trying to sound nonchalant and failing miserably. He closed the door to let Hyukjae put on his underwear. He leaned against the door and waited for Hyukjae to call him in, but instead Hyukjae opened the door quickly without warning and Donghae fell against him.

“I got you” Hyukjae said clearly amused, smiling brightly, his gums showing. Donghae hit him in the stomach with his elbow separating from Hyukjae. Hyukjae laughed, hugging his stomach.

“That hurt” he said in false pain. Donghae stuck his tongue at him, he then closed the door.

“You didn’t need to put on pants you know” Donghae said grabbing the aid kit he had let fall to the floor thank to Hyukjae.

“Didn’t want to make you uncomfortable” Hyukjae said winking at him. Donghae rolled his eyes and ushered Hyukjae back to the shower.

The water fell over Hyukjae, while Donghae applied shampoo to his hair. He ran his fingers strongly yet delicately through Hyukjae’s sticky hair, trying to get everything off from it. Hyukjae closed his eyes and relaxed to the amazing feeling of Donghae’s fingers playing with the locks of his hair, nails scratching his head just barely. Hyukjae smiled delighted.

“Donghae” Hyukjae called him while Donghae still cleaned his hair. He got a soft ‘hm’ in response so he continued “do you feel like… I don’t know… like I… over protect you too much?” Hyukjae asked, opening his eyes and biting his bottom lip.

“Why do you ask?” Donghae asked in return, curious.

“I… I don’t know I just… I get the feeling that… I” Hyukjae stuttered nervously, not really knowing what to answer.

“Over protect me too much?” Donghae added amused.

“Well yeah…”

“Kind of? I mean… I get it, you don’t want me to get hurt so you’re always on the lookout for me and all that, believe me I do it too just more discreetly. But… it’s not that you over protect me it’s just… you don’t let me protect you. I mean… like today; you took everything for me when they were targeting us. I feel like… you’re doing all the fighting and you’re not letting me help you” Donghae explained, his movements becoming slow.

“I don’t want you to get hurt” Hyukjae said in a small voice –like a scolded child-, looking down at the floor, and fidgeting with his hands.

“I know that Hyuk… but can’t you see? I don’t want you to get hurt either” Donghae let his hands fall to his side. Hyukjae turned to look at him.

“I’m sorry… but you do help me. You give me the strength to pull through” Hyukjae answered honestly, Donghae smiled lightly at him and raised a finger to poke his nose. Hyukjae closed his eyes and smiled in a cute manner.

“it’s ok then… let me finish up” Hyukjae turned from Donghae to let him keep washing his hair.

Once Donghae finally got Hyukjae’s hair clean he focused on his wound. Thankfully the rock just managed to make a small scratch on Hyukjae’s skin, and it had stopped bleeding long ago. Still Donghae placed a cotton with a little bit of alcohol to the wound, to what Hyukjae hissed in pain.

“Once you’re dry I put a bandage on” Donghae informed before putting the aid outside the shower. Hyukjae was sitting down with his knees up to his chest, though he opened his legs and inched closer to Donghae to trap him between them. Donghae sat down between Hyukjae’s legs, knees up to his chest.

“Won’t you kiss it better?” Hyukjae turned to Donghae with big puppy eyes and an stupid adorable pout. Donghae sighed but leant in and placed a soft chaste kiss on Hyukjae’s wound.

“Better?” Donghae asked amused, separating from Hyukjae though remaining just infront of his face.

Hyukjae leaned closer quickly and placed a small quick kiss on Donghae’s nose. “Better” he answered grinning.

Donghae smiled bright too, and Hyukjae’s smile widened. Their eyes were locked with each other’s, the water from the shower fell on both, making their skin shimmer with the light. Both of them could feel their hearts pound strong and beat quickly.

Hyukjae’s eyes trailed to Donghae’s lips, tiny drops of water decorated the soft pink skin. Hyukjae bit his bottom lip, and now Donghae’s eyes were fixated on Hyukjae’s lips. Their eyes met again, desire clearly painted in them. No words were needed, no permission was asked, and no excuses were given. And while it was Hyukjae the one that slowly closed the distance between them, it was Donghae the one who leaned closer and connected their lips.

Donghae’s eyes closed immediately while Hyukjae’s closed slowly, giving in to Donghae’s lips on his’. At first none of them made any movement, their lips were perfectly matched with each other, but then Hyukjae opened his lips a bit to take Donghae’s upper lip between them. Hyukjae placed his right hand on Donghae’s cheek, pulling him even closer, his thumb delicately caressing Donghae’s skin. Donghae placed both his hands on Hyukjae’s shoulder to support himself as he kneeled to get closer to Hyukjae.

Their noses bumped against each other, and Hyukjae moved just slightly to nuzzle Donghae’s nose softly. Donghae smiled through the kiss and a soft laugh left his lips. They separated quickly to catch his breath; Donghae leaned in again, this time being him the one to trap Hyukjae’s upper lip between his and Hyukjae happily took Donghae’s bottom lip between his. Hyukjae took his free hand to Donghae’s cheek and again he caressed it with his thumb, doing the same with his right hand.

After a minute or so of kissing; they separated again, this time slowly, opening their eyes lazily, a breath leaving both their mouths and entering each other’s lungs. Donghae was still supporting himself on Hyukjae’s shoulder and Hyukjae was still holding Donghae’s face between his hands. Their eyes were locked together; their hearts beatingto the same rhythm, and their minds were still in heaven.

God knows how much time they spent just staring at each other before Donghae’s knees demanded him to stand up.

“I… I should probably let you continue bathing” Donghae said standing up slowly. Hyukjae let out a breathless ‘yeah’ still dazed by their kiss. Donghae opened the shower door and stepped outside.

“Donghae!” Hyukjae called quickly before he closed the shower door. Donghae peered in immediately, curious. “I love you”

“I love you too” Donghae answered with a small blush. Then he closed the door and left the bathroom quickly.

Hyukjae could feel his ears burn; same as his cheeks, but still he had the biggest dumbest smile ever.

~~

“What’s wrong?” Hyukjae asked as Taemin and Jongin entered the dance club together, both with long faces and not looking at each other. Jia –who walked in after them- handed Hyukjae a paper.

Donghae peered at the paper curious –he was right by Hyukjaes side- -when is he not by Hyukjae’s side?- and he gasped in shock, Hyukjae just gripped the paper strongly.

“Who did this?” Hyukjae asked furious.

“I don’t know… they just passed it to them” Jia tried to sound calm, though she was as mad as Hyukjae.

In the paper was a rather bad drawing of Jongin and Taemin kissing each other and it read: dancers are faggots.

“Why do they have to pick on them? Why can’t people just pick on us and that’s it?” Donghae asked angered.

“What’s the matter?” Hyoyeon asked worried. Hyukjae handed her the paper and she just sighed. “Stupid jerks”

Hyukjae nodged Donghae and pointed Taemin. He was sitting on a corner, back to everyone, Jongin was in the opposite corner same as him. Donghae nodded at Hyukjae and then walked towards Taemin, sitting down next to him. Hyukjae walked off towards Jongin and sat down next to him.

“Hey…” Hyukjae started. He took a deep breath but Jongin cut him off before he could even speak.

“It’s not your fault” Jongin said not looking up. Hyukjae blinked a couple of times.

“Umm… w-well technically is not but-” Hyukjae tried again.

“No hyung, really… it’s not your fault” Jongin said looking up at the wall. “It was my fault… can I… tell you something?”

“Sure” Hyukjae answered confused.

“You see… when you and Donghae came out I was surprised… I wondered how everyone will answer to you being together. I… I admire you hyung. Even after all the bullying, you still hold Donghae hyung’s hand, or kiss him in the cheek, I… I’m jealous… of you two.” Jongin paused to take a long breath and then he stared at the ceiling. “I met Taemin three years ago… and somewhere in that time I fell for him.” he smiled softly “it’s just… the way he smiles or I don’t know” he looked down again smiling and shaking his head. He turned to look at Hyukjae “I like him. A lot” he looked down again.

“Did you tell him?” Hyukjae asked a bit of concerned latching his voice.

“Kind of… I mean, we were talking like always and I just had this huge urge to let him know… I felt like he would feel the same… and I looked into his eyes and it felt like if everything froze and then he just… said that he liked me and those words made me go to cloud nine or something and I just leaned in and kiss the corner of his lips” Jongin looked up with dreamy eyes. “Somebody must have seen us, though we were in a confined place in the library”

Hyukje placed an arm over Jongin’s shoulder, the younger turned to him, and Hyukjae smiled softly at him.

“Hey, don’t let the bullies get you down ok? You have us and it gets better” Hyukjae said honestly.

“I thought the bullies were harsher with you later” Jongin answered confused.

“They did, but you learn to live with it you know? You learn to not care at all, to just wipe off everything they throw at you, and you know what? It’s worth it. I much prefer to take insults and what not rather than not being with Donghae. He makes me happy and that’s all that matters. If you want to be with Taemin, you need to learn to not let the bullies get to you or him. Besides you have amazing friends like us that will kick asses for you two” Hyukjae said encouraging, shaking Jongin a bit. Jonging smiled widely and brightly at him.

“Thanks hyung” he said happily.

“Anything for the baby of the group” Hyukjae teased.

“Ok hyung you can get your arm off of me now” Jongin said throwing Hyukjae’s arm off of his shoulders.

Hyukjae had a nasty smile on his face and Jongin felt a chill run down his spine. In a second Jongin was up and running away from Hyukjae who chased after him.

“LET ME LOVE YOU MAKNAE!” Hyukjae yelled while running with his arms open.

Everybody laughed while they saw Jongin trying to escape from Hyukjae, never mind the room was kind of small and there was literally no place to escape.

With the help of Shindong, Hyukjae finally captured Jongin and he and Shindong trapped him in a hug.

“Get OFF ME!”Jongin tried to wiggle his way out from his hyungs’ hug but it was impossible.

“Hey you two, nobody pampers the maknae like I do, ok?”  Hyoyeon said amused standing in front of the trio and pinching Jongin’s cheeks.

“Won’t you go help your boyfriend in need?” Donghae asked Taemin, a big smile on his face.

“Naa, he secretly likes it” Taemin answered laughing.

~~


I ship Taekai like you have no idea
yay Eunhae kiss :DD

buu people bullying them :c

(please don't read this it's late and  I should really go to sleep)