EXTRA: A Genius Idea

Salty Lips & Late Night Dips

EXTRA: A Genius Idea



“This party ing blows!” Jongdae threw his empty plastic cup across the kitchen. “I’ve had three shots and one drink and I’m not even feeling a buzz yet!”  What they really needed was some food. Maybe Kris had some snacks stashed somewhere. Jongdae began rummaging through the cabinets, discovering canned foods and instant noodles, and paused when his eyes landed on a box of instant vanilla pudding. He stared at it a moment, brain processing the sugary oddity before he was struck with a positively glorious idea.  “Hey, Minseok!” he yelled, elbowing his way around several people.

Minseok turned from the bikini-clad girl he was chatting up. “Yeah, Dae?” he spoke over the chaotic party.

“I need your credit card!”  Jongdae delivered shamelessly.

Minseok raised a brow. “My card?  For what?  Party stuff?”

“Yeah!”  Jongdae stifled a grin. Technically, it wasn’t a lie, seeing as how it was for the party. Plus Minseok was loaded. The guy wouldn’t miss the money and was likely to forget he’d even given it away come morning.

Minseok pulled out his wallet and plucked out his credit card. “Make sure you buy some drinks! More people showed up than I expected! Something tells me our current supply isn’t going to last much longer!”

“You’ve got it!” Jongdae yelled, pulse racing in exhilaration at the ridiculous amount of money he now had access to. Jongdae left Minseok and made his way to the door, shoving a heavily lip-locked couple out of the way so he could exit. Now all he had to do was bribe someone into giving him a ride.


-


Minseok was moderately sober compared to the rest of the guests. He hopped from one group to the next, easily melding with their conversations and stories while keeping a clever eye on his newest interest – a young surfer girl from the east side of the island.  He’d seen her surf at one of the rookie competitions before. She was pretty damn good, not to mention drop dead gorgeous – all blonde hair, tan skin, honey-colored eyes and the curves to top it all off. Minseok bit his lip at the tantalizing sight before he was wrenched from his observations by Jongdae waltzing in through the door. He watched as his friend sat down two trash bags full of instant pudding boxes.

“W-What is all of this?” asked Minseok when as entered the kitchen.

“Pudding,” replied Jongdae as he walked back to the door to grab several more bags from Chanyeol - a slightly off-kilter surfer whom Minseok was familiar with. Chanyeol was known for being a bit loony and highly impulsive, which didn’t fare well for the unfolding situation.

“And a crap load of milk? What about the alcohol?”

“Got that too.”

“So let me get this straight…” began Minseok, crossing his arms, “You used my money to buy an obscene amount of milk and pudding… and only a few bottles of liquor?”

“Yep.” Jongdae scooted several bags off to the side with his foot to make room for Chanyeol, who entered the kitchen with a large plastic kiddie pool in tow.

“What the hell!” Minseok gaped, still unwilling to believe that his money had just been blown on crap by Dumb and Dumber. All the while Chanyeol kept coming into the house with more and more bags.

“Just trust me, Minseok,” instructed Jongdae with a promising look, “You won’t be disappointed.”

“Um… okay?” Minseok watched as Jongdae began ripping open pudding packages and dumping the yellow powder into the kiddie pool.  Then he looked to the milk and his brain finally clicked. “Oh my god… Dae… you’re a genius!”

“Of course I am!” Jongdae flashed a confident grin. “Now help me get all of this pudding open. The quicker we get this ready the better.”

Minseok joined the other two surfers in their quest to create a pudding pool. One hour, 275 gallons of milk, and 1100 packs of instant pudding later, Minseok was singing his praises as he watched his gorgeous surfer girl wrestle with Jongdae’s arcade girl… topless and covered in vanilla pudding.

YUM.