Ch.2

Bitter SuGa(r).

   Chohee's P.O.V:

I laid on my new bed, staring at the small dim light across the room as the moon shone through the window. My stomach growled. After unpacking and finally settling in, I was too scared to go down and decided on heading straight to sleep to avoid the boys. Unfortunately, I haven't had dinner yet because I had to pack my things and mom additionally said that auntie's son was going to feed me. But, it seems though that our encounter wasn't really the best anyone could have hoped for.

*Grrr~* it growled for the umpteenth time. I groaned and curled into a ball, trying to go back to sleep. After minutes of arguing and compaining with my tummy, I kicked the blanket off of my body and sat up with a frown. I contemplated for another minute before slowly and silently coming out of my room. The hallway was dark and quiet which meant that everyone was asleep. I marched my way down the staircase and passed the living room.

The living room was a mess with all the bottle of beers (empty, half empty, full) and small plates with bits of strawberry cake left on top of the table. My eyes darted to the person sleeping on the couch, and the adrenaline in my body rose. I gulped and tiptoed my way to the kitchen, careful not to wake the person up.

I spotted the refrigerator and immediately I placed my hand on the handle before pulling it open. My eyes scanned through the dairy products and other jars. I frowned when I saw no real food like meat and bread, for me to eat. I closed the refrigerator and walked to the kitchen cabinet. I opened it and started rummaging inside.

There were canned foods, jams and cereals. But my eyes went to the cup of ramens in the corner. I reached for it and placed it on the table. I opened other cabinets to search for the pot and soon enough, I was already boiling some water.

I softly hummed to a song as I waited for the water. “What are you doing?” a voice spooked me.

I turned around to see a guy hover over me with curious eyes. I also recognized him as the guy who was sleeping on the couch. “I-II..” I opened my mouth to talk but I couldn't make up words to explain my doing. *Will he get mad if I said that I wanted to get something to eat? Well, techinically this isn't my house which meant I was forbidden to do a lot of things that didn't have permission. Did this count?* I asked myself.

His eyes darted towards the boiling water and cup of ramen. I stared at his unreadable expression. “You hungry?” He raised a brow. I nodded in embarrassment and nervousness. I waited for him to add onto his words. “You shouldn't eat that,” he started and I immediately frowned. “You need to eat healthier foods! Not junk.” My frown disappeared and I looked at him in bewildered. “Do you want me to go get you something else outside?” he kept going.

I quickly shook my head. “No! It's okay! I'm fine with just ramen.”

He shot me a dissatisfied look. “No, that's unhealthy!” he insisted. I watch his hand go pass by me as he turned off the fire. “Go change. We're going out to eat,” he stated.

I slowly nodded before rushing passed him all the way to my room. I looked at my pajamas. It had pink bunnies printed in them but luckily, I wore pants instead of shorts. I slipped into a light purple sweater on top and changed my pants to jeans. I brushed my hair and wore a white headband. After a short glance at the mirror, I quickly walked back downstairs. I saw him sitting on the couch with eyes closed.

I suddenly felt like a burden. He lifted his head up then walked by again. “Let's go,” he said with hands in his pocket. I quietly followed behind him.

During the walk to wherever we were heading to — I took the time to admire the place. It was my first time coming to East Wind Town and it looked similar yet the feeling was different. The wind was still blowing in the night and there were only a few lights .

There were other houses and cars parked in front too and I just blankly stared at them. If I was in my town, I can quickly recognize my friends place and the remaining water droplets in their window pane. And the road, they would be wet. It ocassionally rained through out all neighbourhoods, which got its name West Water. But what I like about the rain in my town was that they were calm. They weren't those big storms or plain hard pouring rain. They were droplets from the sky which helped maintained our souls when we are mad or sad.

But today, there was no rain or even a sign that it did rain.

“Don't lag behind or I'll leave you.” I snapped out of my thoughts then stared at the boy's back figure before picking up my pace. “Walk beside me.” His words sounded more like an order and I obeyed. We walked side by side and I couldn't help but take a quick peek at his face. He managed to look handsome even if his fatigue expression was clearly exposed. “We're here,” he declared and I looked up to see a mini canteen which was attached onto a house.

The lights were on but no one seemed to be taking care of it.

“Ahjumma,” he called and pressed a button. He seemed to know what he was doing. A door opened from inside and a woman came out. “Oh! Jin! You're here again. But where's the others? Oh! And a girl? You're girlfriend?” she giggled.

“No Mrs.Jeon, she's only a parent's friends' daughter,” he explained with a straight face on.

*So he's name is Jin?* I thought. The woman smiled. “Well hello there, I'm Jeon Yuli.”

She held out a hand and I quickly took it. “It's nice to meet you Mrs.Jeon. My name is Song Chohee.”

“So what can I get you guys?” she questioned as she put on an apron.

“Two plates of dukbokkie please,” Jin said and we both sat down beside each other. Mrs.Jeon nodded as she prepared our orders.

We silently waited and I started tracing squiggly lines on the table with my finger. My stomach growled and I patted it in embarrassment. “Shh~ Just wait a few more minutes,” I talked to it then I heard the lad beside me chuckle.

“Why are you talking to your stomach?” he questioned.

“So it doesn't panick and try to send me to the hospital just because I skipped a meal,” I answered.

Jin shot me an odd look and shook his head. “You're a weird girl.” I pouted and our conversation died. Within a few more minutes our order was done and I ate in happiness.

---

We arrived back home with a full stomach. Once the door opened, a figure was sitting on the couch with an unpleasant look. He stood up and I quickly recognized him as the son of auntie and uncle Min. *Suga was it? V called him Suga before.* “Where did you guys go?” his voice sounded raspy, probably because he only woke up now.

I didn't respond and let the two handle the talk instead. “Just out to eat. Why are you up?” Jin explained.

Suga shrugged. “I sensed something going on so I woke up. And then I found you gone with.. her.” He obviously didn't like me. Maybe even despised me but I couldn't say anything. Not to this situation where I know that I brought them trouble. “Well I'm going to sleep. It seems that I just wasted my time.”

I watched Suga walk beside me. He shot me a piercing glare and whispered, “I'm warning you to stop bothering other people to help you with your needs. It's pathetic. You're such a troublesome girl.”

I bit my inside cheek in sadness and guilt. He walked away and headed upstairs to his room. I heard the door close.

Suga. He made me feel so small. This was only my first day here but I already wanted to go home. He didn't want me to be here and so did I. I want to leave. Just like what he wanted. “Stop standing there and go back to your room.” I heard Jin speak. He yawned and walked to the couch. He sat down and was about to go back to sleep when he noticed me still standing in place.

“Whatever Suga said, ignore him. He's always been a butthurt,” Jin exclaimed. “And you. Go get your sleep.”

Although those words would have sounded to be nice, the tone he used had a hint of annoyance. However, I still shot him a whole-hearted smile before turning around to the walk up staircase. With my feet glued to the fifth step, I managed to turn back and say, “Thank you for the food! It was yummy~”

He gave me no reply but went to sleep. He probably had a grudge for me too, but at least he was more mature than Suga. And I was more than grateful for that.

After slipping out of my jeans and sweater and changing back to my pajamas pants, I went back to sleep with a warm smile.


(a/n): messejii: [07/21/13] ;; hi~!!! second chapter is up ^^ sorry for the late update, i've been busy with school work, other fanfics and internet issues T____T hope you guys liked this chapter ^^ do ignore my mistakes because i don't check over my work very well. Subscribe, Comment and Add Me as a friend if you'd like, it will encourage me to keep writing  c:

annyeong~

suga picture not mine. cr:tumblr

xoxo ♥ boy1a4 .out.