to save or not to save.

That Abandoned Coffee Shop.

"Our pleasure," Mop answered. "After all, you're worth about as much to us dead as you are alone."

"What the hell are you doing picking on a guy like that?" Yongguk shouted at him. The kidnapper looked at him with angry eyes and began to advance towards the newcomers.

Youngjae hid behind the other and began talking. "I told you to leave him alone," he complained. "Now look what you've done."
"Shut up," Yongguk cursed, realizing what he'd done.

Daehyun collapsed from the hits he received and from his fatigue.

"What the do you want?" Bucket yelled at them.

"To leave," Youngjae said, turning around and began to walk. Yongguk held on to his collar and kept him there. "Alright, please let me leave," Youngjae continued, trying to fight off his friend and run away.

"Look, bro. My friends and I here think it's unfair that you two are picking on a poor guy like him. Why don't you let him go," Yongguk said, maintaining his cool.

"No," was the reply he received.

"You're outnumbered four to two. I think that if we fought you though, we would only need me and my friend Jongup here," he laughed, poking at the boy's muscles. Junhong stood tall and intimidated the men due to his height.

The men whispered to each other and began to talk again. "Fine, we'll leave him with you," Bucket said.

Youngjae stood arrogantly as the men walked past him. Suddenly, one of them threw a punch at Youngjae but was stopped by Yongguk. He stood cowering beneath Junhong's height and quickly ran off.

 

"I think I've played hero enough for one day," Yongguk smiled, walking towards his motorbike.

"You're forgetting about something," Youngjae said.

"What now?"

He pointed over to Daehyun and looked back to Yongguk. "The guy you tried so hard to protect aka Mr Deadbeat over there,"

"I didn't 'try hard', I just acted smart and tough to scare them away."

Youngjae looked at him and sighed, "Aren't we going to help him?"

"Didn't I already help him?" Yongguk asked, continuing to walk away.

"No…"

Yongguk was beginning to get frustrated and began yelling, "Just tell the guy to crawl home by himself!"

"He'll get beaten up by those bastards again if we just leave him here!" Youngjae yelled back in shock.

"Hyung, I don't think he is alive anymore," Junhong interrupted, standing next to Daehyun. He'd been trying to find a pulse but was unsuccessful.

"No, his heart is still beating," Jongup quickly said. "What do you think we should do with him?"

"Can’t we just leave him here?" Yongguk complained.

They all looked at him and shouted, "Hyung!"

Yongguk only sighed. "You did ask me for my opinion."

Junhong suggested something that Yongguk thought was ridiculous. "We should take him back with us."

"I'm not carrying him back with me."

"We'll play it out," Jongup suggested, holding out his fist.

 

Like true men, they fought it out using paper, scissors, rock.

Immediately after an intense round, Yongguk started yelling, " you! Why do I have to carry him back?!"

"Because you lost?"

"He's going to get blood on my baby! I just repainted and polished it!"

"Hyung, be a good sport."

Yongguk lifted Daehyun up roughly and shoved him onto the back while he jumped on the front.

Youngjae cringed at the sight and warned the older, "Careful with him. He is still alive and I don’t want him to die in our care."

"Exactly why I didn't want to help him in the first place," Yongguk muttered.

"Hyung, he'll fall off like that!" Junhong yelled.

"If you want me to do it then don't complain."

 

 

Daehyun woke up lying on a thin mattress on the cold concrete ground. He was buried in many blankets and the warmth made him want to sleep again. The warm yellow light streamed in through the small windows. There was something wet on his forehead and tried to brush it off but was restrained.  Daehyun peered down to see that entire body was badly wrapped up with bandages and his arms and legs were pulled out in awkward directions. Daehyun slowly looked around and saw that he was in another enclosed room. Light was pouring in through the window and birds were chirping outside.

"Where am I?" he murmured. "Have I been kidnapped again?"

Footsteps could be heard walking in and he pretended to sleep again.

"Looks like he's still out cold."

"Can't we just leave him here?" Yongguk asked.

"We can wait a few hours, hyung," Junhong said.

"You might be able to but I can't."

"Youngguk is right, Junhong. We need to leave soon or we'll miss the match."

"Right, I almost forgot about that. But we still have time don't we?"

"I'll give you two hours."

Daehyun heard them leave and the door slamming shut.

"A few more hours and they'll abandon me here," he sighed. Daehyun felt the towel on his head exchanged for a new one. It was soothing and calmed him down.

He opened his eyes and saw someone next to him. He tried to sit up but was pushed down again.

"You'll get worse if you move."

"But I need to leave-"

"And so do we but do you see us rushing anywhere?"

Daehyun sighed and glared at the stranger in front of him. "Who are you?"

"Me? I think I should be the one asking."

"I'm Daehyun, who are you?"

"Youngjae."

"Yoo Youngjae!" someone shouted out, shoving the door open.

"Looks like the rest of the gang is here," sighed Youngjae. "Daehyun, this is- no, they can introduce themselves."

"I'm Jongup," one of them smiled awkwardly.

"Hi, I'm Zelo," the tall one said.

"No, you're Junhong," Youngjae said.

"Yongguk." His introduction was short, like he had nothing else to say.

"I'm Daehyun," he said reluctantly.

"We saved you so have a better attitude."

"Did I ask you to save me?" Daehyun responded.

"Unbelievable. This jerk is ungrateful," complained Yongguk. "You guys leave and give me some time to talk to this bastard."

Everybody got up from their seats and unwillingly walked out. Youngjae stood at the door for a few more seconds, watching Daehyun, before finally closing it.

 

The tension in the room began to rise until one decided to speak. "Okay. What the hell were you doing fighting two men by yourself?" Yongguk questioned.

Daehyun looked at the ground and responded, "Excuse me?

"Are you that arrogant that you honestly believe you can fight off two people by yourself?"

"Do you think I was there on purpose?!" Daehyun shouted, standing up and pacing furiously.

Yongguk shrugged and spoke without emotion. "Who knows, you might've committed grand theft auto or some ."

"Sure, keep thinking that," Daehyun added, slumping back down against the wall.

"I heard you muttering someone's name while you were out cold. Who was it? Shin Jinhee? Seo Jimin?" he interrogated.

"It's Song Jihye!" Daehyun yelled out of anger.

"Right, that's the one. Song. Ji. Hye. Take my advice, Daehyun. She isn't coming back for you."

Daehyun looked at Yongguk with fire in his eyes. "What are you saying? Do you honestly believe I'm waiting for a girl to rescue me? What am I supposed to be rescued from? This junkyard," he laughed, kicking aside the blanket, "or maybe to save me from your bad breath?"

"You know what I mean: 'I will come back; I'm not letting you down.' You shouldn't believe all the things that girls say Daehyun."

"When would I say something like that?"

"You believe she's coming here but how are you so sure?" Yongguk continued, ignoring Daehyun's remarks. "She has a life too so why would she come back for you?"

"Why are you bothering me like this? Go play dad with Junhong or something."

Yongguk continued to ignore everything the younger said. "Isn't it because of you she was caught though?"

"That's not true," denied Daehyun, finally cracking from the pressure. "How do you know that? How did you know we were kidnapped?"

"You talk too much when you sleep and personally, I think everything that she told you was a lie."

"A lie?"

"Yes, a lie. When a person decides to alter the truth. You're a smart person right? Then you should know the answer in your heart."

"What do you mean?"

"In reality, where we are right now, all promises can be broken. She lied."

Daehyun shuffled uncomfortably in his position. "She wouldn't lie to me. Jihye isn't that type of person."

"Wow, every girl to you must be innocent and pure I'm guessing. Jihye must have long, black hair right?" Despite the situation, Yongguk was actually enjoying himself, torturing the other and twisting his thoughts.

"Leave me alone," Daehyun muttered, lying back down and covering his head with a pillow.

Yongguk bent down and lifted up a corner, whispering into his ear, "You know, you sacrificed yourself to save her but will she do the same thing for you? Do you honestly believe that she is brave enough, because I think she's just another weak person who can't even save themselves."

"That's not true," he shouted, "I don't believe you. Not at all." His voice gradually faded into a whisper.

"You're hesitating right now aren't you? I'll leave you to yourself now. You should know what to do once you've chosen."

Yongguk went outside again where everyone was gathered. They had started up their motorbikes and were preparing to leave.

The low rumble of the machines got louder, turning into a ferocious roar which made the room vibrate. Daehyun could feel the floor trembling. He got up slowly and walked forward. He placed his hands on the door handle and turned it. Every step Daehyun took meant taking another away from his past.

When he was outside, Yongguk smirked. "Looks like someone's made up his mind."


 

 

 

Yay. I updated :D Now I actually have to write chapters for this... By the way, do I have too much dialogue in my chapters?