a bitter taste.

That Abandoned Coffee Shop.

Monday.

The sweet aroma of coffee wafted from the warm cup, teasing her senses. The distant chatter was but a blur in the background and the constant pattering of rain on the roof was enough to make anyone drowsy combined with soft, gentle music.

Jung Daehyun. That was who she was waiting for. The one who decided to show up late. A message flashed on her phone and she reached out to read it, almost spilling her mug at the same time.

: I'll be there in a minute. If I'm not there by then, read this message again and repeat if necessary.

 

"That sounded like shampoo instructions," she laughed.

That one minute became ten minutes and soon enough, two hours. The light was beginning to fade outside already but there was no sign of the ditcher anywhere. Soon, only the staff remained in the empty room.

"Are you waiting for someone?" the barista asked.

"I think I still am," Jihyun answered, but the anxious look on her face betrayed her thoughts. Daehyun was definitely not coming tonight, despite his message.

Annoyed, she stood up and left without a word, buried deep within her thoughts. Leaving many things behind, like her bag along with the bill.

 

Tuesday.

Daehyun: Sorry I couldn't come yesterday. I'll make it up to you. Meet me at the coffee shop again. Our coffee shop.

After how he stood her up yesterday, Jihye did not agree to the plan. She searched for her bag to find her wallet but it wasn't in sight. It was probably still where she left it yesterday, at the coffee shop.

"Looks like I'll have to go there anyway," she mumbled, smiling.

"Uncle, I'm going out for a while. I'll be back soon," Jihye yelled to the kitchen, rushing out of the door.

It was cold as she walked through the streets. There was no one on the sidewalks. It was completely unnecessary to walk in this weather when cars were more convenient. Especially when everybody had one.

The scenery changed from grand houses to smaller homes. It was strange how one could survive in a tiny house like those. Especially since her bathroom was probably as large as one of their bedrooms.

 

A familiar sight entered her view and she rushed towards the small building. Sure it could do with a bit of work but that coffee shop was where everything had begun. It was a love shop. That's what it's name was anyway but in French, Un café de l'amour.

Jihye went to the barista and placed an order, almost forgetting her bag when she saw it sitting in the corner.

"Sorry but I left my bag here yesterday," she said, pointing to it.

"This is it?" he asked. "That'll be three dollars and sixty cents."

"I have to pay to get my bag back?" she responded, raising her eyebrows.

"It's more like the cost of yesterday's coffee."

Jihye blushed, reaching in her bag to find her money. It was lucky nothing had been taken.

She sat down at her favourite seat, right beside the window where she could see the snow gently fall and continued to think while waiting for Daehyun to arrive, like he said he would.

 

It was 10pm and she'd gone through 3 cups of coffee and another 2 slices of cheesecake. It was enough to keep her awake for the night and that was definitely not what she needed at the moment.

"And he's a no show again," she sighed, stuffing with another spoonful of cake. She called him once more. It beeped once and then once again.

For once though, it didn't go to voicemail but instead, the sound of a door slamming played through. Rough noises of people pushing each other were heard and Jihye was sure she could hear Daehyun breathing heavily through the phone. Before she could say anything though, the call disconnected and Jihye was left more clueless than before.

 

"Hey, something wrong?" the barista asked. He sat down in front of her and stole a piece of her cheesecake.

"I paid for that," she glared at him.

"I know," he grinned. "Are you waiting for that guy who usually comes with you? What's his name again? It's like Daehyun or something."

"And you must be a stalker."

"Well you got that wrong, I'm Himchan not a stalker."

"And that really makes a difference?" she asked sarcastically.

Jihye got up and left, making sure to bring all her bag home this time and left a greater than necessary amount of money for the stunned Himchan on the table.

 

Everyday.

Daehyun never showed up or responded to any of Jihye's calls. He was usually a reliable and trustworthy person when it came to to their relationship but something was wrong. Jihye knew it and she wasn't afraid to find out why.


 

So after being MIA for a while, this new account is the one to blame. I've rewritten this because I didn't really want to waste any efforts, especially by my poster designer, so I set out to improve it.

I don't know if you guys will like this or not but after reading more fanfics, I found that many preferred reading in 3rd POV. It was also much easier for me to write in this POV because I could show more of the characters' actions instead of just what the OC could see, which was very limited.

So in conclusion, sorry for disappearing and I'll re-release each chapter one by one.