trapped in fear.

That Abandoned Coffee Shop.

"Where am I?" Jihye thought as she stirred awake. She reached for her phone, lying an arms distance away but found that her arms and legs were tightly restrained by thick ropes.

Jihye was inside a room that resembled a large warehouse. The windows were boarded up, hardly letting in a beam of light. The beams of the warehouse looked like they were going to collapse any moment and the roof to cave in above her. There were two doors, a large one used for loading objects into the room and a smaller door designed for human use.

She could hear the sounds of something thrashing behind her, knocking down several items in the process. However, she didn't dare to turn around incase it was something that she didn’t want to see.

The sounds continued and came closer to her to the point where she could almost feel it touching her. She turned around, prepared to face the worst, or in this case, Daehyun.

Wide-eyed, she tried to speak but found that she had been wrapped up in duct tape. Daehyun tried to speak to her with his eyes but his actions were easily misinterpreted, causing confusion between the two of them.

A loud crash interrupted their conversation. The two huddled closer to each other and cautiously peered around. Loud voices and curses were being thrown around, blaming each other for an incident which shouldn't of happened.

"Idiot! You could've been caught by the police! Do you know how valuable these two are to us? What's the use if you're caught though?!" a man yelled loudly.

"I didn't know the had another one following her!"

"Then you should've paid more attention!"

The door slammed open and in entered the man from the precious night. Jihye shivered in fright. She wasn't scared about what was going to happen to her but rather what would happen to her dog if she was found.

"So, , mind saving us the trouble and tell us where it is?"

Jihye could only try and scream through the duct tape. The man ripped it off her, leaving a painful red mark behind.

"I don't know what you're talking about," she answered truthfully.

"You know what I mean. The documents."

She only shook her head negatively and produced no other response.

"Very well, what about you?" The man was beginning to get angry and tore the tape off Daehyun too.

"I don't know."

"You kids are useless," he yelled, leaving the warehouse.

Once they were sure he was out of ear shot, they began to talk.

"How did you get here?" Daehyun interrogated

"Let me think. I was riding on a magic carpet when I was teleported here," she answered sarcastically. "What do you think? I was kidnapped."

"This isn't the time for jokes, Jihye."

It was a relief hearing his voice again, no matter where she was.

"What do you think they're going to do with us?" Jihye asked.

"I've been eavesdropping on them and they're holding us as hostages so that they can trade us for some important documents.

"Meaning?"

"Being held hostage is when a person is seized or held-"

"The documents, Jung Daehyun!" Jihye sighed.

"I don't know. They've been trying to force the answer out of me for  while now but I have nothing for them."

"Well you're helpful," she sighed once again. She tried to stand up only to fall again in attempt. "If only I could get this stupid rope off."

Jihye searched for a sharp object, only to let her eyes wonder back to Daehyun. She looked at him sympathetically. He had been starved of food for so long and there were bruises all over his body.

"How long have you actually been here?" Jihye asked.

"About a week or two, give or take a few days," he answered, following her lead and searched for something sharp enough to slice through the rope. His eyes landed on a shard of glass, broken off from a window. He grabbed it and began slicing through the thick ropes binding her legs together. Jihye looked at him in pity as she watched him saw through the ropes. Even now, he was worrying about her more than himself.

Once she was free, she grabbed her phone and began dialing numbers but there was no signal. A soft bark came in from the outside and she could her something scratching at the walls.

"What is that?" Daehyun asked, trying to peer through the gaps in the warehouse walls.

Jihye ran towards the source of the noise and tried to make an opening for the poor thing to get inside, forgetting about Daehyun in the process. When a hole large enough was made, a fluffy white dog jumped inside and climbed on Jihye, her face.

"Stop, Coco," Jihye laughed. "Now sit."

The little dog jumped of her and sat down, promptly obeying her instructions.

"Hey, it’s the little fluff ball," Daehyun grinned when Jihye walked back. "Want to untie me now?"

 

All of a sudden, the doors swung open and the two men came inside again. Jihye tried to hide but it was too late for hiding. Instead, Jihye tried to stay calm and memorize their appearances, hoping to report them to the police as soon as she managed to escape.

One of them had a stern face and was tall, perhaps taller than 180cm. He had bushy eyebrows and was bald. The other was fat with a kind face and mop hair but expressions meant nothing as he curtly kicked the boxes in the corner away. He was the one that kidnapped her. She came up with nicknames for them. Bucket and mop. The one who does the dirty work and the one who disposes of the evidence.

"Stay away from us," Daehyun yelled.

"Make me," Bucket said.

"Look the vermin managed to squeeze its way in here," Mop laughed, pointing at Coco. She bared her teeth at him and sunk it into his calve. "Get off me you !" he yelled, struggling to shake her off furiously. He succeeded and kicked her into the walls.

"Stupid mutt," he said as she fell lifeless to the floor.

Jihye froze as she took in the situation in front of her. She couldn’t do anything, like a coward.

"You're next," he said, approaching her, preparing to do the same as he did to her dog.

"Idiot!" his partner yelled. "They need to be alive or our pride-"

"You've killed an innocent animal and now you plan to kill me too?" Jihye spoke up, her voice echoing through the warehouse. "They say that we rich people have pride and but what do you have? What pride do you know about?!"
Her rebellion only gained her a slap across the face and left a large red mark but she stood her ground. She could only keep staring at him, not letting the tears escape.

"You idiot! We have to keep these brats unharmed or else we won't get what we want!" yelled one at the other.

"Well what am I supposed to do? Beg them? That's their job not ours!" responded Mop.

They left the building still arguing with each other, leaving Jihye and Daehyun in silence.


 

Well... I disappeared again. Don't worry. School holidays are in a week and I've got 2 chapters all ready :D