Chapter 7

What is Love?

Jungah's POV

"K....Kahi?" I gasped. It had been so long. She looked up and was shocked. We made eye-contact. My heart started beawting faster and I couldn't move. We kept staring at each other for a good minute until she decided to break it.

"J....Ju..Jungah?" she stuttered "What are you doing here?". I was frozen. I couldn't speak at all. Months of pain and lonelyness had gone by. I tried to move but I just couldn't. Living in the dorm without her was killing me but now she's here right in front of me. 

"U..unnie I..I," I cursed myself for stuttering. "U....unnie I was just walking around the dorm. I couldn't sleep." What surprised me was that I called her unnie. I very rarely called her unnie when we were going out. It was always by one of my many names for her.

"I see. Well in that case I'll be going now," she said as she turned around.

"Wait!!!," I instantly yelled at her before she left. I didn't want her to leave so soon after being without out her for months.

"Yes Jungah?" she replied without any expression. I almost cried. She was acting as if we never had anything between us. Has she really moved on? Was I not in her heart anymore? This is probably the only time I will see her again. I will not let this opportunity go to waste.

*Kahi's POV*
It felt surreal to be around Jungah again. As soon as I saw her I just wanted to have her in my arms. I missed her body that was a perfect fit for my arms. I missed her cute voice. I missed having her around me, her warmth, her love for me. She looks so beautiful even in just normal clothes and a make-up-less face. I've always preffered this version of her. 

When I was about to leave something inside of me wanted her to call me back. My heart lit up when she did. But even though I missed her so much I can't afford to fall for her again so I replied to her coldly. I acted like we never dated. I saw sadness and pain in her eyes. Guilt suddenly washed over but I needed to do this. I tried my best not to look weak in front of her. 

"Ka....Kahi unnie, I...I've missed you." She whispered that last part but I heard it. I don't know why but I felt happy on the inside but I couldn't show it to her. I looked at my watch and it was getting late and I had a conference to go to tomorrow morning.

"Jungah, it's getting really late. Maybe we should go," I said to her.

"Oh um ok," she said sadly. I really wanted to stay with her longer but I couldn't.

"C'mon Jungah I'll walk you home," I offered. She replied with a nod.

There was a  comfortable silence while we walked. The night was so beautiful. There was a full moon and it shone brightly. The stars were twinkly. I always used to say to Jungah that her eyes were like the stars because they always twinkled when she smiles. Thinking about Jungah I saw her slightly trembling. It was a bit cool and breezy. Instinctively I held her hand. I felt my heart beating faster as I knew what was going on. Her hands were so soft and warm. I felt electric sparks go off within me. She looked down at our connected hands and smiled. I felt really happy. We continued to walk in silence with our hands still connected.

Finally we reached her dorm. She let go of my hands and I immediatley felt the warmth leaving me.

"Thank you Kahi unnie for walking me home," she said. "It was really not needed."

"No problem, it was my pleasure," I replied.

"Goodnight unnie," she said and then started walking off. I was about to turn around when all of a sudden she started jogging back to me. Suddenly I felt a pair of warm lips touch my right cheek. My face was burning and I couldn't move.

"Thank you again," she said before dashing off. When she was out of sight I started walking home. As I was walking I brought my hand up to the place where she kissed me. I smiled to myself.

"She kissed me!" I thought.

*Jungah's POV*

As I entered the dorm I quickly went into my bedroom and closed the door behind me. I leaned my back against the door and let out a sigh. I had just kissed the love of my life. I walked to my bed and put my blanket over me. For once I can go to sleep in peace. I colsed my eyes and drifted off to dreamland.

*The Next Morning*

*Nana*s POV*

I woke up to a dim room. I looked over to my left and saw an empty space. Where is Lizzy? It felt weird waking up and not finding her beside me. Oh well. Suddenly a delicious smell seeped into my room. Jungah unnie must be cooking. I know it.

I got out of bed and walked outside to the kitchen. I saw Lizzy helping Jungah unnie with breakfast. She looked up at me and then looked back down. A part of me just died. Why is she avoiding eye-contact? Did I do something wrong? I just let it go. I saw omma up earlier than usual ever since appa left. Why is she so happy all of a sudden?

"Oh good morning Nana!" she said cheerfully. "Have a seat, breakfast is nearly done." I sat down in front of where Lizzy stood. We stayed in silence. Suddenly Jungah called out everyone. One by one the members trooped out from their rooms and joined us at the table.

For once omma is happy.

 

Sorry for the extremely late update!!! I was procrastinating because of exams and things like that. Sorry if its a bit short. I'l try and updat as soon as possible. Please comment and subscribe!!!