Gemini Prefects

Z-Royale Academy

 

Never did it occur to her that she could actually read minds. But judging from what just happened, she didn’t really hear the thoughts intentionally, they all just flowed naturally. Someone must have caused it. And for some unknown reasons, it was only for a brief moment.

 

“I wonder if..”

 

If she would be able to experience it again? But how and when? That she still has to know. Though she’s not the nosy type of person but setting aside hearing Seungho’s thoughts earlier, it was kind of fun knowing what really runs deep inside one’s heart.

 

“What part of my thoughts did you hear about?” Myungsoo sounded unusually frantic.

 

“Nothing interesting in particular. You’re too boring, did you know that?” she said honestly, which didn’t actually explain why he’s getting all so worked up over trivial matters.

 

He sighed heavily after he heard what she said. “Tsk. Nevermind.”

 

He started walking and instinct told her to just tag along.

 

“Where are we going exactly?” she asked.

 

“We’re meeting Jinwoon and Siyoon.” A vague reply was all she got from him.

 

“Oh yeah. I knew them,” she said sarcastically and smirked.

 

“Just shut up and follow me.”

 

The jerk felt all so commanding which irritated her. Nevertheless she had no other choice but to oblige since she owed him for now.

 

After a few steps, they reached an elevator. The elevator looked really normal outside but when they came in, it was totally different. It was rather a more spacious and stimulating existence than the typical elevator could offer.

 

“Why in the world would anyone build an elevator like this?” she asked the jerk now sitting comfortably on one of the … seats?!  Gawd, she didn’t realize that there were sofas earlier. And so she also sat on one, still bewildered at the modified elevator.

 

“Only in Z-Royale Academy,” he smirked, which seemed to be his favorite hobby. He took the remote on one of the drawers near his chair.

 

“Now what’s that remote for? Are we going to watch TV now?” she mocked.

 

"Not really,” he replied and punched some numbers on the remote.

 

“Then? What for is that?”

 

“To key in the password to let this lift work.”

 

“Seriously? And where’s the set of buttons to punch in the floor we’re headed to?”

 

“I already punched here in the remote after entering the password.”

 

“That’s ..”

 

“Awesome, eh?”

 

“No. Wicked.”

 

“Suit yourself.” The jerk slouched on the couch and didn’t mind talking to her again.

 

She suddenly noticed the only normal part of the lift. The meter which indicated the floor they are passing through. She observed that they were going down and down..

 

The meter showed…

 

4

 

then.

 

3

 

2

 

1

 

0

 

-1

 

Negative One? Whoa. Is that supposed to be underground? She looked at the jerk. “Yah! What’s with the negative signs?”

 

“Underground floors,” he shortly replied.

 

“No way.”

 

She looked at the meter again. It now showed ..

 

 -13.

 

And they stopped. She also stopped gawking, to prevent herself from looking like a fool. She instantly followed Myungsoo out of the cursed elevator.

 

“What is this place?” she couldn’t help but ask.

 

“Heaquarters of the Gemini Prefects.”

 

“Gemini what?”

 

“Prefects. They’re the heads of the Gemini-borns in the Aire House.”

 

“Why are we going to them then?”

 

“I needed them for your matters to be over and done with.”

 

  So he wanted to get rid of her as soon as possible. A part of her felt the same, to get rid of him as soon as possible, but a part of her was a bit of hurt because he felt  that way towards her. She felt herself at a loss for words to retort to the jerk so she just let silence fill them.

 

They then reached the “headquarters.” It was weird for an underground room because she didn’t expect it to be a brightly-lit one.

 

When the jerk opened the entrance, two excited identical persons, or better said as twins, greeted them.

 

“Myungsoo!” Said the one with the darker complexion.

 

“Yo Jinwoon!”

 

“Jiyeon! Welcome!” said the one with the lighter complexion.

 

The only thing that distinguished the twins is their complexion. The one named Jinwoon had darker features. And the lighter one came rushing to her? And yeah, he just called her Jiyeon earlier. How did he know?

 

“Jiyeon-sshi. I’m really sorry!” he bowed to her profusely and endlessly.

 

“Hey. Stop bowing now. I don’t even know you. What are you apologizing for?”

 

He scratched the back of his head, “My bad. I’m Siyoon. Jinwoon’s twin brother,” he offered his hand for a handshake but she ignored it, as usual.

 

“Anyway, Siyoon. I’m here to buy one of your goods,” Myungsoo interrupted.

 

“I figured that much, heh. But what merch do you want to purchase?” Siyoon beamed. Jinwoon, the other twin, now joined their group.

 

“I need a device for a quick access of her records.” Myungsoo pointed her.

 

“No problem! Jinwoon has it!” Siyoon said eagerly.

 

Another thing to distinguish the twins, Siyoon seemed to have too much adrenaline glands in his body. He was more hyperactive than his brother.

 

“It’ll take time though, can you wait?” Jinwoon said almost apologetically.

 

“How long at the most?”

 

“At most an hour?”  

 

“We can wait. Right, Jiyeon?”

 

“Sure.”

 

With that, Jinwoon dashed away. In no time, they were alone with Siyoon. There was something she noticed. Both the twins were wearing ear muffs or ear plugs, to describe better. Curiosity filled her that she asked,

 

“I was wondering Siyoon.. What are those earmuffs for?”

 

He frowned. “What do you mean?”

 

“I mean, the ear plugs you’re both using.”

 

“Ahhh. These?” He removed them from his ears. And they looked really cool.

 

“We call this the hi-fi earplugs. This detects conversations of people from within 50 km range from the location of the one using it.”

 

“Wow. Did you make that yourselves?”

 

“Ah-huh. Geminis are known to have creative hands.” Myungsoo in.

 

“Yeah. Have you read J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter Series?” Siyoon asked eagerly.

 

“Yeah. I’ve been reading them before. And I’ve watched the movies too. Why?”

 

“So you know Fred and George Weaseley?”

 

“I don’t know what you’re getting at but I know them.”

 

“They’re twins! And they own the Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes!”

 

“Oh not again,” Myungsoo grunted.

 

She ignored him and continued to pay attention to Siyoon.

 

“J.K. had known that Geminis have that special ability like what we have now that’s why she incorporated the selling of awesome merchanidise to George and Fred, which as we all know are twins!” Siyoon informed her with a big smile.

 

“Really? Sounds brilliant.”

 

“Yeah. That’s why, Geminis are one of J.K.’s inspirations to write! That’s one of my biggest prides about being a Gemini-born.”

 

She didn’t know what to reply but thank goodness Siyoon started talking again.

 

“But Jinwoon and I possess better abilities than George and Fred! We can do a lot of inventions superior to the Weasley twins! Not for bragging but our creations are finer and more advanced!” Siyoon proudly exclaimed.

 

“That’s good to hear,”

 

“ But not all Geminis are twins though. So they aren’t really capable of doing what we can. ”

 

“So all twins that are Gemini-born possess the same ability?”

 

“Yeap! But not all mastered the ability as well. Only a few. And I’m proud to say that we’re one of the few who mastered it; that’s why we have this headquarters in the first place!”

 

“Do you work together with your twin or something?” she was getting really extra-curious about this whole special ability of the twins.

 

“Sometimes but most of the time, we work separately. In fact, the elevator you used? We did that together!”

 

She just smiled at him without getting any awkward moment. She felt really comfortable with this guy! Maybe because of his positivity that’s why she was feeling really positive right now.

 

“Anyway Jiyeon, I’m really sorry,”

 

“That’s the second time you’re apologizing. Why?”

 

“I was the doppelganger of Yesung. Keke.” He gave her an apologetic and awkward kind of grin.

 

“You?!” she could feel her blood starting to boil.

 

“It’s because I was the only twin that couldn’t do the skill and that was the day that I’ve mastered the ability, so I felt all so excited until I met you and Yesung which gave me the idea to try it on you. But I swear, I really didn’t mean any harm on you. I’ll never do it again! Sorry.” Siyoon said nonstop. And he looked extremely devastated and gloomy. No hint of his radiant persona earlier.

 

Siyoon looking like that made her a little guilty. “It’s okay. Nothing particularly harmed me anyway.”

 

Siyoon suddenly was back to his normal radiant self. “Chincha? You’re an angel, Jiyeon-ah! You like my invention, right? Particularly this hi-fi earplug? Wait here. I’ll get you both.”

 

He then dashed away. And within a minute, he was back. “Yah! Myungsoo! Why are you sleeping there?”

 

That explained why no one was interrupting their convo earlier. She didn’t even notice Myungsoo getting there on the sofa to sleep. HAHA. They were too immersed with their discussion, Siyoon and her.

 

“Ugh. You. Why can’t you just leave me alone? Jinwoon’s taking a long time for the device and you two were too busy with your talk, so why bother me?” That was the longest statement she ever heard from Myungsoo today. Haha.

 

Siyoon giggled, “Sorry bro. We didn’t realize that we’ve hurt your ego. Here, as compensation. I would give this pair of hi-fi ear plugs for free.”

 

“Tsk.” Myungsoo just snatched the ear plugs from him and put them on.

 

“Here’s yours Jiyeon.” Siyoon told her as he offered her the hi-fi earplugs.

 

“But why do you have this? I mean, why do you need to hear other people’s business?”

 

“It’s not like that. We only use the ear plugs here in the headquarters so we’ll know if there’s any danger approaching.”

 

“Is that so? It isn’t because you’re just nosy?”

 

“Why don’t you try it now?”

 

“Why? Are you already hearing some—“ before she could finish whatever she was trying to ask, the answer already came as she finally had the ear plugs on her ears.

 

 

 “Finally, I’ve found you IU..”

 

That voice..

 

She looked at Myungsoo and mouthed the words, “That was Yesung’s brother, right?”

 

Minding other people’s business was never her thing but new things really excite her so she continued to snoop with them.

 

“Leave me alone! How will I cope with your rejection if you keep appearing in front of me?”

 

Her eyes grew wide as she recognized the voice. That voice was from the Ai-yu girl. It seemed like their confrontation over her unrequited love was still not over.

 

“But you have to attend your class. I can’t let you wonder alone..I’ll worry..”

 

Siyoon invited her to sit where Myungsoo was. They were all sitting adjacently now, the three of them.

 

“THAT! THAT ATTITUDE OF YOURS! I HATE THAT!”

 

“What? I don’t understand..”

 

“Are you sure about this? Is it okay to continue overhearing them?” Jiyeon asked Siyoon as she was starting to remove the ear plugs.

 

“No. Don’t remove it yet. Put it back on and experience the wonders of my creation!” Siyoon almost shoved the earplugs back to her ears.

 

“You too Myungsoo, don’t you dare remove that thing.” Siyoon warned the jerk as he saw him remove the ear plugs as well.  “We’ll listen until Jinwoon appears. That’s a deal.”

 

Siyoon gave her encouraging smile. With that, they continued to stalk.  

 

“You concern yourself too much on my life!”

 

“But you’re like my younger sister already, that’s why.”

 

 “AND YOU JUST HAVE TO RUB IT TO ME, DON’T YOU?! THAT I CAN’T BE ANYONE MORE THAN YOUR LITTLE SISTER! It’s all my fault for hoping that maybe you could see me as a woman too!”

 

The three of them (Myungsoo, Jiyeon and Siyoon) gaped at each other at the revelations they were hearing. They stayed in silence as they go on with testing the extent of Siyoon’s Creation.

 

“IU… it’s not your fault.. don’t be like this.. I can’t bear seeing you like this..”

 

“Then why couldn’t you love me back?”

 

“I love you..but “

 

“It’s starting to get really private, you know Siyoon.” Myungsoo told him.

 

“Wait for Jinwoon. That’s the deal, right?”

 

“But as a big brother! I really hate you!”

 

“You can hate me all you want now.. but please.. don’t go lurking around by yourself, you know very well what the academy’s going through right now..”

 

She thought that this was the very moment she could not let go of because she badly needed the information about what seriously is happening in the academy. But then again, before she knew it, Jinwoon came with the device and Myungsoo  acted like some kind of flash and did several sorts of things all at the same time- removed the ear plugs from both of their ears, snatched the device away, threw the cash to the twins, and grabbed her already and teleported them out of the dungeon. They were back at the records’ section in no time.

 

“Yah! That was rude to Jinwoon and Siyoon. Getting away without a word of goodbye or thanks?” Jiyeon said in irritation.

 

===

Update again! Haha. 

 

Siyoon and Jinwoon, the twins, finally appeared!  What can you say about them and their ability? :D And about JB and IU convo, do you think there'll be more to them or that's the end of it?Also, what do you think about Myungsoo getting all so flash-like? Is that supposed to be his skill? Find out more about the characters by keeping updated! :)

 

Comment. Subscribe. Vote. Thank you.