The brother and the lover

Z-Royale Academy

She felt her eyelids heavy but she felt the need to open her eyes. She found herself in an infirmary. She guessed that it was the Academy’s. She wondered how long she stayed asleep. As she looked down, it was only now that she noticed; someone was actually there with her. He was sound asleep, his head on her bed side. He wore the same uniform as the three guys he met earlier on. He looked nothing familiar but there’s something in him that felt really familiar.

 

Before she was able to figure out that feeling of familiarity, he was already stretching and yawning, showing signs of waking up.

 

She concentrated her sight on him so he’d realize that she was wide awake at the moment,

 

“Oh, You’re finally awake,” he finally noticed, “You’re a one heavy sleeper,” he even remarked.

 

But instead of making intelligent retorts,she had too many questions wanting for immediate answers, “ WHAT HAPPENED? WHY AM I HERE? WHY AM I FEELING EXTRA SLEEPY? WAE? WAE? WAE?  ”

 

“Chill there, Miss. I’m not the right person you should ask that about,”

 

“Then, who are you?”

 

“I’m JB, Yesung’s brother,” he offered his hand for her to shake but she chose to ignore it;

 

Yesung? Ahh. Now that explains why she was feeling familiar with this guy.

 

“And why are you here?” she asked incredulously.

 

“He was busy attending the Council meeting,”

 

“Stop beating around the bush, I’m not asking about him, I’m asking why are you here?”

 

“Relax. I’m getting there, are you always this ill-tempered? Are you an Ophiuchus-born? ” he was looking at her way too begrudgingly.

 

“Then, get to the point. And why do you always ask my Zodiac? Do you really believe all those crap?” she scowled at him.

 

“Be careful with your words Miss. You don’t know what you’re getting yourself into. Anyway, can I ask you a question?”

 

He surely is the same with his brother, chincha! Easily diverting the subject! “But you haven’t answered my question yet!”

 

“ Okay! Okay! You Etherians are the hardest people to deal with!”

 

“Are you going to answer me or I’ll break your neck,” this guy’s totally nerve-wrecking!

 

“Whoa. Easy. Easy. Such a violent young lady!”

 

“You talk too much! Get on with the story now!” She easily lost control of her temper just because of this irritating creature in front of her.

 

“Fine. I was walking my way to my class but suddenly hyung called me to substitute him in taking care of you here,”

 

“Why’d you agree when you’re this whiny over such a small thing?”

 

“You don’t know my brother,” his mood suddenly different. They’re brothers, indeed.

 

“Should I suppose to get to know him to realize that you’re just a scaredy cat?”

 

“Whatever. Now, can I ask you something?”

 

“It depends upon the relevance of the question,”

 

“I’ve introduced myself to you but you haven’t. Is that even fair? What’s your name?”

 

“Sunye. Happy now?” she sarcastically barked.

 

“Why did you enroll this late?”

 

Nosy creature. Tsk.

 

“You’re not even my friend and you’re asking me to divulge my private matters?”

 

“You owe me one; I basically stood guard here all-night!”

 

“I didn’t ask you to, mind your own business.”

 

“Chincha! Aigoo. Why did I even agree to this arrangement? You’re just too unbearable! What’s even your relationship with my brother?”

 

“I only know that he read minds, I just met him the other day,”

 

“EHHHHH? Then why is he taking special attention to you?”

 

“Meolla. You better ask him yourself,”

 

“Given that he’s a prefect and all, that still doesn’t make him accountable of you. You’re an Etherean after all. He could just hand you to your own Prefect,”

 

“What the hell? I told you, I don’t know anything. What’s your deal with Etherean-whatever?”

 

“What was your name again?” Aishh. Here he goes again with the diversion of topic!
 

“Sunye. You’re such a retard.”

 

“Look who’s talking. I bet you don’t remember my name. Bah,”

 

“I don’t like you. Why would I even bother?”

 

“You don’t mind being alone then.”

 

“Huh?” Suddenly she felt the creeps of being alone.

 

“I was being nice to you; but since you’re being difficult, I have somewhere else in mind rather than here,”

 

“Suit yourself. I told you, I didn’t force you to stay,” although a part of her wanted him to stay, her pride eats her away.

 

“Are you always this ungrateful?”

 

“I told you, I don’t like you.”

 

“Lemme guess. You’re just playing hard to get but you’re actually afraid to be alone, aren’t you?”

 

“Just leave and get a proper beating from your brother,”

 

“Gotcha. I know that, Reverse Psychology! HAHAHA. Since I’m nice, I’ll stay here just as you want.”

 

“You sure didn’t hit your head somewhere?” although she was saying that, she was relieved that she won’t be alone.

 

Before he could think of a retort, someone occupied the bedside across where they were.

 

“Oh! IU! Finally, a sensible one to talk to,” he purposely rubbed those words to her; she just knew it that she can’t help but roll her eyes.

 

“Who is she?” the girl who just entered asked him.

 

“Don’t mind her. She’s nothing special,” barked the dog.

 

“Are you two perhaps in some sort of relationship?” curiosity ruled over her.

 

“What? N-no,” The girl named Ai-yu or something like that blushed as she stuttered. Ha, she’s totally caught.

 

“And why do you suddenly care?” the idiot asked. Is he this awfully dense or something?

 

“I do care. Because this is an infirmary after all, not a motel,” irritation was what she felt over their lovey dovey aura.

 

“You sure do have a sharp tongue,” the Ai-yu girl remarked with a cocky expression. Another change of mood, huh? This girl’s provoking her. She provoked the wrong person.

 

“I also do have very sharp senses and I can sense that you have this unrequited love for this very guy,” she pointed him as she mocked the Ai-yu girl.

 

“Yah! You’re overdoing it,” the scaredy cat became suddenly all so protective over the Ai-yu girl.

 

Jiyeon just smirked in return.

 

Then all of a sudden, another course of change of persona took place because the conceited Aiyu-girl earlier went all so teary-eyed and walked out of the room. She looked so pathetic now. Served her right, she barked the wrong tree.

 

The way the idiot was stunned at his lover, she couldn’t help but mock, “Guess I was right, huh?” And it looked like the idiot had no idea that the Aiyu-girl had feelings for him.. Idiocy made him too dense to even realize that, if not for her he wouldn’t even know.

 

He threw her a death glare and instinctively followed the Aiyu-girl. Tsk. What a drama.

 

On the same moment, his brother came barging in. He looked a little different now than the first time she met him. He looked a bit more of a high-ranked official who just sneaked out from his work.

 

“What just happened?” Yesung asked her as soon as he reached her. He was clearly referring to the commotion his little brother just did.

 

She just shrugged in reply.

 

As the master of diverting subjects, he easily changed the topic, “Are you feeling okay now?”

 

“What happened to me anyway?” she guessed that he’s the very person who his brother talked about that could answer her queries.

 

“You met a doppelganger,”

 

“What?” When will she stop witnessing and hearing about paranormal things?

 

“What was the last thing you remembered I told you?” he asked like he was some kind of detective.

 

“You told me that my room, or should I say cabin, was the exact opposite of the cabin you ushered me into,” She suddenly remembered how she hated him for that prank.

 

“That wasn’t me,”

 

“You kidding, right?” she asked, bewildered.

 

“Nope. I wasn’t. The last thing I told you was how you smelled awful after ushering you to your real cabin,”

 

Disregarding the way he was still teasing her about her smell ,  “Where were you after that then?” she asked, she didn’t even hear his footsteps leaving that far yesterday. . .

 

“I teleported,”

 

She dropped her jaw, “ After all your lecture about conservation of energy?”

 

“That’s a different case; I had an urgent meeting at the council,”

 

“What’s your position at the council anyway?” although it wasn’t her position to ask, curiosity ebbed away. Again.

 

“I’m the President,” he coolly answered.

 

That explains his different aura and, “Now that explains the gossiping of those girls before,”

 

“Not really, you’re just too special not to be noticed, “ he whispered but she caught that. She pretended not to have heard it because she didn’t know what to reply anyway.

 

All of a sudden, an awkward silence engulfed them. Yeah, really awkward that she wasn’t sure why she was feeling that way.

 

“Are you feeling sick anywhere?” Yesung broke the ice.

 

“Nope. Anyway, how did I end up here?” she was starting to adapt to his habit of easily changing the subject.

 

“Entering a house where you don’t belong corrupts your energy and the longer you stay there, the weaker you’ll become,”

 

“Oh yeah? Sounds typical,” sarcasm filled her voice. She’s still having a hard time getting used to all these supernatural-thingy.

 

“You’ll get used to it very soon,” says the mind-reader.

 

“Okay, so what’s with the doppelganger?” see? She’s really adapting to the ever-changing topic mode.

 

“Probably one of the twins pranked you,”

 

“I’m guessing that their zodiac is Gemini?” LAME guess but Gemini’s symbol is known to be the twins. HA-HA.

 

“Yes. Yes. You’re getting the hang of it,” he proudly commended and added, “Anyway, the colors of the doors are not just there for decoration, they were colored especially that way to emphasize the element of the house you’re in. Blue stands for the element water which corresponds to the House of Agua. Gray for the element Air, indicating for the House of Aire. Green stands for the element of the Earth which corresponds to the House of La Tierra. Red is for the element fire which obviously refers to the House of Fuego. And Purple, which is the very door of the house I’ve brought you in, stands for the Element Aether which corresponds to the House of Aether,”

 

“Ah-huh. That’s a lot to take in but I get it, “ 

 

“And ahmm. I’m deeply sorry that I wasn’t able to guide you to the houses properly, and also for the misconduct of one of the twins, I haven’t really seen that coming. ”

 

“Hmmm. Let’s all leave it to the past. You don’t have to apologize. It’s not your fault. Anyway, when will I get my schedule for my classes when you basically forbid me from the Principal’s office?” That was her intention of going to the principal’s office in the first place.

 

“I have someone in the council that’s responsible for the Students’ records. I’ll let him accompany you to your classrooms as well,” he sounded so powerful all of a sudden because of the commands he could do.

 

 “So, where’s that council of yours? ” she asked just for the heck of it, not because she’s interested. Bah. Who is she fooling anyway? She’s quite interested, just a little. Keke.

 

“If you’re okay now, I can tour you maybe- - “ he looked at his watch, “ for about 15 minutes maximum at our council before I forward you toMyungsoo,”

 

“Myungsoo?”

 

“Yes, the one I told you who’s in-charge with the Students’ records,”

 

“Okay. So how do I check out here? Are there some papers that need signing or something?” she was excited to see the council! It’s because she wanted to explore everything about the academy. She just love discovering new things.

 

“You just need to take a medical test and when you passed then you’re free to go,” he smiled.
 

Seeing him smile like that, uh-oh, she just ignored those butterflies at the pit of her stomach,“ What kind of tests?”

 

“Blood tests and Urine tests are the basics,”

 

“And?”

 

“Have you seen the nurse here? She’ll be the one to be assisting you with all those tests,” he looked around searching for the nurse.

 

“I didn’t see a nurse,”

 

“Are you sure? Tsk. IU’s slacking somewhere again,” he shook his head.

 

“What? You mean that AI-YU girl? The small and skinny one with the girlish and childish pigtails?”

 

“Yes, that’s definitely her. Did you see her?”

 

“You haven’t met her earlier on your way? Your brother was chasing after her.”

 

“I teleported. And I just popped out at the infirmary’s door seeing JB leaving,”

 

“Chincha? Can’t I take the test without that Ai-yu girl?”

 

“Well,” he pondered, “in special circumstances, yes, you can.”

 

“Can I take it now?”

 

“I’ll just call the doctor,”

 

He disappeared in a poof, yeah, teleportation again, so much so with his speech about energy conservation blah blah blah.

 

After a few seconds later, he was already with the doctor. The wonders of teleportation. Maybe she could also learn that technique someday. . .

 

“You don’t need to take the other tests. Just the basics, right doc?” Yesung asked the doctor but it seemed like he has higher authority than the doctor that he can’t help but agree to his demands.

 

“Y-yes. C-come here young lady,” the doctor stuttered. She obliged and followed the doctor to the testing area.

 

After the tests…

 

“Can I ask you something Yesung?” Jiyeon asked as they were walking to the council.

 

“Sure. Please don’t hesitate to ask,”

 

“Why did it seem like the doctor was afraid of you? And what special circumstances were you talking about, why did I even get to check out just like that, I thought I had to take lots of tests but you managed to let me get on with just the basics?”

 

“Oh. You noticed that,” he scratched the back of his head.

 

She nodded and waited.

 

“Ahmm. Let’s just say that he’s not just that comfortable around me that’s why it looked like he was afraid of me. And the special circumstance is that I have the power to allow things like that, y’know, the privilege of my position,” he said, embarrassed.

 

“So, you used your authority just for me?” her eyes wide.

 

“It’s okay. You deserve it,” he smiled. Again. The same smile that gave butterflies in her stomach.

 

“Oookay. Ahmm. Just one more question, Yesung,” she suddenly felt uneasy.

 

“Sure. Hit it,”

 

“Are you interested in me?”

 

===

Hey dear readers!  Decided to update this story again because I saw a comment I loved which inspired me to update earlier than I supposed to. haha. 

 

Well, IU and JB are finally introduced and they’re connected with the unrequited love thing, haha. IU is a working student who entered the academy, well obviously she works as the academy’s nurse, you’ll know later on why she’s a working student when in fact the academy’s exclusive for just the rich. JB is unexpectedly a whiner but in fact, he’s not, it just happened that Jiyeon brought out that side of him, you see, he’s a Taurus-born and as indicated in his character profile - his feelings, fears and desires often run far deeper than anyone around him would guess;  you’ll understand him better as the story progresses. On the other hand, you meet Yesung again. Yay! Yesung sure have the highest authority in the student body and given that he supposedly has lots of responsibilities to do, he’s surprisingly taking a spare of his time to attend to Jiyeon’s matters. Fishy, huh. Moving on, as for our female lead, Jiyeon’s way too blunt, isn’t she? Haha. But that’s the very characteristics of an Ophiuchus, being frank, so expect that she’s always direct to the point.

 

Just for information, Doppelganger is actually a ghost or a double of a living person but in here, it’s a person who has the ability to shape in the form of any human being that he wishes to become.

 

Two unknown boys, then Yesung then JB and IU. And one of the twins(either Jinwoon or Siyoon) may also have appeared, judging from the one they thought who pranked Jiyeon. So basically, the major characters are almost revealed. almost.

 

So..Do you now know who’s who? Haha. And are you getting the flow of the story or is it still vague?

 

 Comment ,subscribe and Upvote! Bless you ~ Keep updated!