Freaky First Day

Z-Royale Academy

The moment Jiyeon set foot on the grounds of Z-Royale; she already felt a different aura surrounding it. She felt something really strange just about everything but she couldn’t figure out why.

 

“There’s something really not right about this academy,” she whispered as she strolled along the hallway towards the office of Mr. Kim, the academy’s principal.

 

Though there weren’t really any people strolling around the area, she was walking her way cautiously through the hallway; afraid that she might bump onto someone unnecessary. She found it unusual that there’s not even a single person along the hallway. It was in fact creepy that the only thing being heard was the sound of her footsteps.

 

She finally reached the principal’s office.

 

She took a deep breath.

 

The academy looked so ancient that door bells weren’t even there. Even how much prestigious she heard about this academy, it still felt weird that even the principal’s office at the least didn’t have any door bell or anything. So, she was left no choice but to knock the door.

 

There was no answer.

 

She tried knocking again, still no response.

 

She was starting to become increasingly nervous dreading on what she’ll be facing in a little while.

 

“I’m the new transfer student,” she politely called out.

 

“Come in,” said the cold voice from across the door.

 

His voice sent down chills on her spine. She felt her knees wobble just by his voice alone. Despite that, she mustered all her courage to go on. It was just to meet the principal--that is all, she encouraged herself.

 

Jiyeon was in the process of turning the door’s knob when she heard a loud thud inside Mr. Kim’s office. Before she could even react properly; out of nowhere, someone already grabbed her, his hand covering .  The one holding her had so much strength in his arms that she didn’t even have the least bit of chance escaping from his grasp.

 

All of a sudden, her surroundings became hazy in her vision. All she could see was the mist around her. It was like she was riding a race car with its speedometer at its maximum.  Everything around her was in a blur. And then there came the ear-whacking sound, splitting noise.. Ugh. Goosebumps! She was positive that she was in a different dimension now. She was breathing heavily. She tried contemplating what is seriously happening to her but she felt nauseous that she can’t even think appropriately.

 

After a moment, she found herself in a place nowhere near the principal’s office—in a peculiar forest. The guy who was holding her all this time broke a hold of her. She blinked a few times, making sure that she’s definitely back to earth; that she’s no longer trapped in that dimension where they travelled like the light.

 

What just happened?- she thought to herself. She stared at him in disbelief as she thought of all the possibilities of what he’d just done.

 

“Gwaenchana?” The guy worriedly asked her. Concern and guilt were clearly plastered all over his face.

 

Gwaenchana? After what he’d done, did he seriously think she was going to be okay? Is he just playing dumb or is he really that of an idiot? She silently cursed him.

 

“I’m fine.” She lied, “But can you tell me what’s going on?” She tried her best to remain calm, although deep inside her, she was screaming for help, the way they traveled earlier was definitely not normal. Save the hysterics, she needed answers.

 

“It’s a relief to hear you’re okay. I’ll be going then. Annyeong!” He gave her a wink and then he was gone. Yeah right. In a blink of an eye,  HE.WAS.GONE.

 

 

“Yaaaaaaaaaah!!! How am I supposed to know what to do next?!“ she screamed at the top of her lungs. Oh gawd, he basically left her in a place nowhere familiar to her.  Where’d he gone to? Aishh, chincha!

 

“How could you leave just like that without explaining a thing?!” she’s becoming really hysterical now; and it’s so not her. Get a hold of yourself Jiyeon, there’s no gain wasting so much of your energy on such a guy, she thought to herself.

 

She needed to compose herself. She sighed heavily.

 

And then it dawned to her what just happened.

 

Teleport.

 

Teleportation.

 

The guy, who just kidnapped her, teleported both of them from Mr. Kim’s office to this eerie forest and the same way how he just disappeared in a second out of her sight. Whoa.

 

Inhale.

 

Exhale.

 

Breathe Jiyeon.

 

She meditated a little bit more and her pulse was back to normal. Her breathing was even now.

 

“Fine.Fine. I’ll just find my way back to the principal’s office and it’ll all be fine. Yeah right. Relax Jiyeon. You’ll be just fine,” she muttered to herself, cheering her up at desperate times like this. But how in the hell was teleportation even possible?

 

Despite that, she couldn’t help wonder what’s so big of a fuss telling her at least a brief explanation for all these. He’s such a pain in the a**.

 

Unexpectedly, in a split of a second, the guy appeared again. So he decided to come back for her after all. Maybe he’s not the type of a kidnapper that she thought he was, thinking back- there was definitely something wrong going on at the principal’s office, maybe he really was her hero all this time. He was only trying to help her stay away from the danger in that office. Maybe she judged her too early. Maybe he’s a nice guy all along.  She smiled at her realization. She never felt so relieved until now.

 

“Miss me?” He smiled mischievously, “Oh right, before I forget, don’t go anywhere near the principal’s office for the mean time.”

 

“I figure that part out already just by the way you reacted. But why?” she felt anxious of what her hero had to say.

 

He winked.  Then poof! He disappeared. AGAIN. She will never get used to this teleportation-thingy that she was left in a daze again. But immediately right after, she regained herself realizing,

 

“Now what? No explanations whatsoever? Again?” She gritted her teeth. Nice guy, huh? Scratch that! Hero? Like Seriously Jiyeon? That’s total bullsh**.

 

She knew it all along that’s he’s just some freak who’s all so bored of this school who decided to play with a newbie like her! He totally pissed her off!

 

And oh, those girly admirations she had for him a minute earlier? They’re all gone with the wind! “Pft. Whatever you say you weirdo, I’ll go straight to the principal’s office and have to see for myself what is seriously happening here,” she then stomped her way through the forest.

 

She wandered on, hoping that somehow her feet would lead her to the principal’s office. She was always that optimistic but she was also easily discouraged.

 

Eventually, she saw someone sitting under one of the trees. It looked like he was a student of the academy because he wore some kind of a uniform just like what the wacko he met earlier was wearing. She then approached him. His back was facing her.

 

“Excuse me,” she tried her best to sound casual.

 

“I’m busy. I can’t afford any disruptions now,” he brushed her off just like that without even trying to look at her way when he was talking to her. He was busy reading through the thick hard-bound book he was holding.

 

“Look. I just wanna ask for some directions. Where can I find my way to - -“

 

He cut her off, “What part of my words didn’t you understand? I AM BUSY.”

 

To hell with this guy! But she badly needed someone to tell her way back to the office! So, she reasoned out calmly, “I understand that you’re busy but what hurt will it give to just instruct some directions to a newbie like me?”

 

Despite that, he didn’t pay any attention to her anymore. He just continued ruffling through his bulky antique book!

 

“What a jerk,” she finally cursed him affront but being the jerk that he is, he didn’t give a damn. It’s like she didn’t even exist there.

 

He’s starting to get on her nerves! But she already drained too much of her energy on the wacko guy earlier that she couldn’t risk anymore of her remaining energy to waste on this jerk. She needed to save her energy if she wanted to survive on this endless trail. She’s already as exhausted as it is by merely walking alone.

 

With that, she decided to calm herself down, “Fine with me. I’ll find it on my own.”

 

Frustrated as she was, she kicked every rock that blocked her way, “Why can’t people here have any manners at all?”

 

Not long after, she felt her feet rise a little above the ground. Each second that passed, she was being lifted higher and higher above the floor.

 

“What the?!” She squealed as she realized that she was actually floating in the air. She gasped looking at how high she is now. Her eyes grew wider upon seeing why she was suspended in the air. The jerk was chanting some kind of inaudible spell on her!

 

“YOU JERK! You better put me down! NOW!”

 

But he wasn’t even listening; he was busy scribbling something on his notes. “Oh! So I can finally apply it on people,” he mumbled.

 

Her blood was rising up her head.  All those reservations he had for this guy totally blew up! “Hello? You won’t even help me for a simple direction and yet you’re actually experimenting on me?” Her nostrils flared. He’s becoming really impossible! “Yah! What right—“ He somehow recited some kind of new spell again finding herself talking without a sound! Her voice was gone! She tried talking but she couldn’t find her voice!!! She was about to burst into hysteria when he finally looked at her. He has got the looks, she admitted to herself. And that calmed her a little, haha, but that didn’t make him any less of a jerk.

 

His brows creased and smirked, “Just shut up,”

 

WHAT THE? SHE BADLY WANTED TO CUSS RIGHT ON HIS FACE BUT SHE LOST HER VOICE!

 

And then slowly, she was brought back to the ground,

 

“No worries. It’ll wear off in a little while,” suddenly his voice was calmer and nice?

 

She gave him a confused look. She’s still voiceless.

 

He was busy packing up his things, “I mean, the spell I’ve casted on your voice, it would wear off after a while,” his voice was telling her that he was telling the truth.

 

But then, the jerk stood and vanished through thin air. Yeah right! HE JUST LEFT AFTER WHAT HE’D DONE! Perfectly completing the package of being a total jerk.

 

But what he just did was another manifestation of teleportation! Even after seeing it with her own eyes, she still couldn’t believe it.

 

What in the world are these people? What school has she gotten into? She thought to herself.

 

Suddenly, she remembered how she has never seen any people walking on the hallway through the principal’s office earlier. Now she knew why, it looked like everyone in this academy knew how to teleport. So it wasn’t a habit for them walking. If they want to go somewhere, they just poof and then bam! Okay enough with the sound effects but yeah, they’re there wherever they wanted to go in a second or two. DAEBAK. No wonder the hallways were empty.

 

 

But the thing is, no matter how thrilled she was with witnessing a supernatural phenomenon, being alone in the woods yet again creep the hell out of her. She hadn’t noticed it until now that the forest was scarier than ever. Just imagine all those haunted jungles you could ever imagine and it’s even worse than that. She felt herself shivered.

 

The breeze swiftly touched her ears making her cold. The trees were like huge giants wanting to envelope her until she runs out of breath! The way they sway was like teasing her for being so lost and so alone in the forest. She wanted to scream but she still couldn’t find her voice!

 

Yeah right, her voice! Her freakin’ voice was still gone! When will it be ever coming back? THAT GORGEOUS JERK. Did she just say gorgeous? Gawd, WICKED was a better term, not gorgeous. Aishhh. Everything felt so wrong.

 

It was only her first day in this academy and yet numerous odd things were already happening to her. What a freaky first day! Geez, she needed to get the hell out of this bizarre place!

 

 

 

===

How was my first chapter? :D Can anyone guess who were the two guys met by Jiyeon in this chapter? Make a guess! Comment and Subscribe! Upvote too? HAHA.