8

In Love With A Criminal
Please log in to read the full chapter

“What?” Junhong let the bag fall down to his feet, confusion written on his face as he looked from Yongguk, to the bag on his feet, then to his destroyed living room before glancing back at the other.  “What is this?” He inquired again, his gaze locking with the older’s.

“The one that kidnapped you last time; they still want you. Or at least me,” Yongguk pursed his lips. He had a brief moment of hesitation an instant before adding, “I didn’t contact you, hoping to prevent this to happen.”

The younger scoffed, his confusion letting place to a sudden anger. “We all see how nicely that worked out,” he gestured to his living room, eyes narrowed. “Did you really think you could come back like that, as you please? For what purpose even, to protect me?” He walked towards Yongguk, looking at him for a moment before quickly averting his eyes to the ground, taking a deep breath. “I don’t need your help, or even you. So please, just leave,” he whispered, trying to walk past Yongguk towards his bedroom, tears forming in his eyes. 

It felt surreal for Junhong to know that Yongguk, the one he had wanted so bad to see again was standing next to him at the moment. However, the unbearable feeling of abandon he felt during the one month after the kidnapping incident was not something he wanted to experience again. 

Being with his best friend during the afternoon and enjoying the time together made him realize that before knowing Yongguk, he had a happy life. Now, even with Yongguk half in and half out of his life, he should keep doing just that, no matter how big of an impact Yongguk left on him. And with his best friend telling him that whatever had make him sad during the last weeks he was there to help him move on, Junhong decided he should just do that. He should forget Yongguk and move on.  
After that difficult earlier resolution, seeing Yongguk at his apartment with the desire to protect him again just enraged him for an unknown reason. Maybe it was him showcasing how hurt he truly felt and still feels.

“Don’t,” the elder started, grabbing Junhong by the arm to prevent him from going any further. “Listen, please.”

“No,” Junhong shook Yongguk off, voice trembling and tears on the verge of falling. “You can’t just come into my life like that and then leave me hanging without any signs. Especially after what happened last time,” he whispered, referencing to the whole event of kidnapping and what followed. 

Yongguk winced internally, his heart aching at the view of the tears starting to roll do

Please log in to read the full chapter