6

In Love With A Criminal
Please log in to read the full chapter

Yongguk couldn't help but cursed himself as he climbed into the back of the van, his heart clenching at the sight of the younger covered in blood and still crying. It was his fault if the other was in this state, he reminded himself. He had walked away that night to try to avoid this to happen, knowing that the longer he'll stay with the younger, the more there'll be chances of him being involved in his problem, which if at first he didn't cared about it happening, quickly changed as Junhong kept being nice to him no matter how much of a jerk he was. But it seemed like going away just made matter worst. Maybe if he had stayed he'd have been able to protect Junhong better and maybe even, who knows, develop their relation into something else if he hadn't been so scared of the affection he developped towards the younger.

He bit his tongue at that last thought, the great affection he had felt that night when he watched Junhong who had been the first one to fell asleep curled up against him, arms still wrapped around his chest as he ran a hand through the younger's soft blond hair with a small smile, still clear in his mind. But he knew he shouldn't get attached, and this was just a great reminder of that.
Shaking his head to get rid of those thoughts, Yongguk knelled down behind Junhong, quickly working on cutting the cords around his wrists with a Swiss knife he had in his pocket, trying to be as gentle as he could.

"Do you think you can stand by yourself?" He asked softly as he was done with the cords, the feeling of guilt eating him as his gaze linger too long on the purple marks covering Junhong's wrists.

Junhong feebly nodded with a sniff, biting on his bottom lip to prevent a small cry of pain to escape as he moved his wrists around before touching the blindfold that was still on, not allowing him to see the elder. "I think I can but..." He stopped mid-sentence, hesitating briefly at taking the blindfold off himself or not. "What about the blindfold...?"

"I'll take it off later," Yongguk answered after a long moment of silence, watching as the other's face fall down in deception, the sight almost making him take the blindfold off right now, but he knew he shouldn't. The scenery outside offered by the two men's dead bodies wasn't the most beautiful, and he really didn't wanted to traumatize Junhong more than he already was, and, at the same time, scared him away from him.

"But... I-I really want to see you..." Junhong's voice cracked, moving his head in direction of where the elder's voice came from, on the verge of the tears again. He was being so emotional right now, but he had thought for so long that he never would be able to see Yongguk again that having him right there next to him but not being able to make eye contact or just make sure it really was him, was killing him. 

"Please," Junhong pleaded when there was no answer from the elder, chewing on his bruised bottom lip as he waited for another long period of time before he felt the tissue been taken off of his face. Immediately, he turned his head to the direction he had last heard Yongguk's voice come from, almost starting to cry again as his gaze landed on the other's face, tracing his beautiful features with his eyes. He still couldn't believe that Yongguk really did came for him. And, like to make sure the latter was real, Junhong brought his hand to touch the other's face, resting his hand on his cheek with a smile on his lips.

"Definitively real," Yongguk said slightly, placing his hand on top of Junhong and squeezing it briefly, making the younger's smile slightly widened. "We should go," he declared, after a moment of them loosing themselves into the other's gaze, remembering where they were. Even if he had eliminated the two men, they weren't safe as long as they were still in this area, the gang would soon noticed that their two men were taking too long.

"Yeah...," Junhong agreed, the smile still lightly on his lips as he stood up with some difficulty, his legs still numb from being seated for so long.

"Do you need help?" Yongguk asked as he watched the younger take wobbly steps out of the van, walking close to him.<

Please log in to read the full chapter