Chapter 4: Spring Cleaning

Filming love or Falling in love?

Reita was the first person to wake up; he opened his door and headed down stairs. He was scratching the back of his head, yawning then sees Kat sleeping on the floor. "How the hell did Kat get on the floor?" He mumbled to himself as he makes a right turn through the hallway, enters the kitchen to make some coffee. Ruki woke up with a painful headache, so he got out of bed to take some painkillers. Just as he was heading downstairs, he saw Kat sleeping on the floor with her pillow and blanket. "What the hell? Did she just sleep walk to the floor or fell off the couch?" He said to himself then realizes she’s a few inches away from the couch. Kat groan in her sleep then moves her head to the side while her body is laying face up. Ruki got an idea that made him grin.

He walked up to her then put one leg on each side so he doesn't wake her up, while standing up he used his thumb and two of his fingers to move her chin to face him. 'She looks so cute when she's asleep.' He thought as he cupped her face in his hands gently and brought his lips towards hers. As his lips touch hers, he felt like he was on cloud nine. Her lips were soft as a feather and he couldn't resist kissing her over and over again. Kat felt someone kissing her on her lips; she slowly opened her eyes and sees Ruki kissing her. She punched him in the face that he went flying and hit the wall hard. "What the ?!" She yelled getting up from the floor. The Chibi Singer rubs his cheek where she punched him. "Ow! That really hurts. Whatever happened to slapping people on the face when they kiss someone?" He said and mumbled the last part to himself. "I don't care if it hurts or not. Why did you kiss me?!" She yelled out the question that woke everyone up. Kat and Ruki started hearing footsteps from upstairs and a few complaining as they were walking down the steps to see what's with all the yelling. "What's with all the yelling?" Kai said putting a hand on the side of his head. "That freak in' bastard kissed me!" She exclaimed with anger and pointing at Ruki. The Chibi Singer got up and runs to hug Kai, as if Kai can protect him from anything or anyone.

 

"She's Lying. I would never kiss her when she's sleeping." He sobbed.

 

"What? I am not lying! I saw you kiss me!!"

 

"No I wasn't I was watching you sleep."

 

"Oh really? Then why were you so close to my face?" She put a hand on her hip, lifting one eyebrow to see if he will spill the beans.

 

"Uh...I um... I thought I saw a spider on you!"

 

"On my face or lips?"

 

"Okay enough!" Kai yells then grabs Ruki's ear and puts him in the corner to give him time out like a ten-year-old boy who causes a lot of trouble for the family. "You’re in time out." Ruki whimpers like a puppy and does his puppy dog eyes on him. "No way Ruki. I am not letting you off the hook. Remember last time I let you off the hook?" Ruki went silent for a few minutes. "Exactly." Reita steps out of the kitchen and into the living room with his cup of coffee. "What did I miss?" He said sounding calm and relax. Everyone looked at him like they thought he couldn’t hear the whole argument all the way to the kitchen. “It’s nothing Rei-chan.,” said Kai as he gives Ruki his dog toy to stop his whimpering. “I’m going to eat breakfast and please don’t yell.” Aoi said walking slowly to the kitchen. Reita followed Aoi to the kitchen to finish his morning coffee. “Ohayo Kitty-Chan!” Uruha said with a sleepy look on his face. “Ohayo Uru-kun.” She said sounding a bit relax now.

“Let’s go eat breakfast.”

“Okay. But is Ruki going to eat with us?” She gives him an evil glare that made him shiver with fear and looks away from her.

“Don’t worry. He won’t. He’s going to have to wait until we are done since he is on time out.”

“Well that’s good because I don’t want him to sit next to me.”

As Kat and Uruha made it into the kitchen, Aoi was making his breakfast as he sips his coffee. Reita is reading the newspaper with his coffee next to him, Kai entered the kitchen opened the bottom cabinet, took a pan out to cook his breakfast. “What would you like to eat?” He asked as he took two eggs out of the egg box that’s sitting on the counter. “I want two eggs, two bacon and pancakes!” Said Uruha taking his seat next to Reita who seems to be looking over his shoulder to see what he was reading. Kat follows Uruha and sits next to him. “I wasn’t asking you. I was asking Kitty-Chan. But I’ll still make you your breakfast.” He replied with a smile. Uruha apologized and stares at Aoi making his breakfast and setting it on the table then notice Uruha staring at him, he smiled to himself as he took his seat. “I would like some pancakes and two bacons and some orange juice.” She said. Kai nodded. Uruha got up to get himself a cup of coffee and a cup of orange juice for Kat then goes back to his seat and gives Kat her cup. She thanked him. The walls were painted a light blue color and the cabinets were made out of cherry wood, even the table. Kai finished making three plates gives one to Kat then to Uruha then he sits down to eat.

Ruki was in the living room thinking what to do to make her fall in love with him. He already likes her ever since he saw her at Kim’s Fancy Sushi restaurant even though he really didn’t get to know her much, but she doesn’t like him. But now that she’s at their house he might as well try to get to know her and maybe see if he can make her fall in love with him without doing anything stupid. He stood up and quietly walked down the hallway that leads to the kitchen. As he approaches the kitchen he took a little peak on what they were doing, he sees everyone talking and enjoying their breakfast. Ruki’s stomach growled but he ignored it. “So Kitty-Chan, what are you going to do this weekend?” Uruha said taking another fork full of pancake in his mouth. Ruki started to listen very closely. “I was thinking of going home and apologize to my friend for not eating lunch with her.” She got up from her chair to place her dirty dishes in the sink. “You live with your friend?” She nodded standing in front of the sink, facing them. “I thought you lived with your parents or live by yourself?” He finishes his last piece of pancake and the plate clean. “No, I left my parent’s house when I was nineteen and yes I lived alone for a few months. Until I asked my friend if she wanted to move in with me, she said yes. The reason why I asked her if she could move in was because she was having a hard time with her job and it is very difficult to find a house that isn’t expansive. We agreed to split the rent bill so we won’t have trouble.”

Uruha got up and places his dirty dishes in the sink then sits back down. “Let me get this straight you lived with your friend for four years now?” Aoi asked.

“Yeah, you can say were like family. I treat her as a sister and she does too, even though we are not related.”

“Even us.” He replied back. “Me and my friends act like a family as well.”

“We’re a big family.” Uruha said with a chibi smile.

 

Kat giggled. Ruki blushes and thought it was the cutest giggle he ever heard. “You should invite her over for all of us can hang out.” Reita stopped his reading and told Uruha that there is no way they can invite anyone over because their house is a mess. Kat had to agree with him then an idea appeared in her head. She started picking up the empty plates off the table and started putting them in the sink to clean them. “Kitty-Chan, what are you doing?” said Kai, confused. “I was thinking let’s do spring cleaning around the house since you guys aren’t busy.” She said rinsing off soap off a plate and placed it on the dish holder to dry. They all thought about it and agreed to help Kat clean the house. Reita told Kat that he would clean his room first, so he got up and left. Ruki sees Reita coming so he runs back to the living room and pretend like nothing happened. He sees Ruki whistling, and he knew something was up. He smirked and thought of something to spill the beans. “Hey Ruki, Kat wants to tell you something important she said something about needing tips for liking someone.” He said as if to sound confuse about Kat needing advice from Ruki. He stood up straight and looked at Reita. “Really!? What does she want to know about? Does that mean she likes me back!?” He said blushing pink with a smile. Reita started to laugh and told him that he tricked him that way he can find out what he doesn’t know. He’s smile faded and turned into an angry look, he started cussing bad things about him and tells him that he is such a jerk always tricking him and stealing his things like a five year old. He ignored Ruki’s bad comments about him even though it was all in the past he didn’t mean to do it, even though it was childish but hey they were friends.

“You like Kat don’t you?” He said with a smirk on his face. He knew those were the only words to shut him up. Ruki started to turn red and said, “Who else knows about this?”

“Let me see. Uruha knows, Aoi knows, even though they wouldn’t tell me what was the big deal and I’m not sure if Kai knows. If he doesn’t maybe I should…” Ruki grabbed his leg and begs him not to tell Kai or Kat about it. He agreed, Ruki let go of his leg and went upstairs to his room. Aoi and Uruha left the kitchen not too long ago and heard half of the conversation between Reita and Ruki. Kat finishes washing the dishes and went straight to the living room. ‘Okay now I need is to clean the living room while the guys clean their rooms.’ She thought. She sees Ruki sitting in the corner hugging his dog toy. “Ruki are you out of time out yet?” She asked. He shook his head ‘No’ without looking at her. “Oh well you can go eat breakfast now.” He stood up and walked away without saying anything to her. ‘That was weird.’ She shrugged to herself, started picking up the dirty laundry and putting them in one big pile next to the couch. At the corner of her eye she sees a fish tank and it was really filthy, next to it there’s a small fish bowl that is clean and haves a blue fish swimming around. She took a closer look at the dirty tank, sees a fish slowly swimming around as if it’s having a hard time moving around. “Who’s this fish tank? She murmured to herself.

“That would be mine.” A voice said behind her. She screamed a little and turned around quickly to face this person that she almost tripped. He caught her before she fell back. Kat slowly opened her eyes to see Aoi smiling at her. “You’re a clumsy girl.” She didn’t know what to say or how to react to his comment because he was a few inches close to her face. “I… I’m not clumsy you… you just scared me.” He lifted an eyebrow like he didn’t believe her. Ruki was hiding behind the wall of the hallway and saw Aoi holding Kat. He was mad that he gets to be that close to her but that wasn’t the problem. What he saw next was Aoi getting closer to her face like he was going to kiss her. “Ano…. Aoi what are you doing?” She said feeling confused and starting to blush bright pink. “Kat I didn’t know you look… look so beautiful and your lips…” Inch by inch he keeps getting closer to her lips until he touches her lips with his. Ruki couldn’t take it anymore that he ran up to them, pulled Kat away from him, as he was about to punch Aoi. He accidently kissed him on the lips; his first kiss in forever (even though kissing Kat while she was sleeping didn’t count) and it has to be him! Aoi backed away and started whipping his mouth with the back of his and. “EWWWWW…” Kat said looking at both of them.

“What the hell Ruki!?”

“No, What the hell with YOU!? I know you know about me and uh… my thing.” Ruki said sounding a bit uncomfortable that Kat is listening to their conversation.

“Yeah, well this made my day but not in a good way.” He said as he walks to the front of the door of the house, grabs his keys to his car.

“Don’t walk away from me! I’m not done talking to you!”

“Watch me.” He smirked and left out the door.

“Was it just me or did I saw Aoi blushing a little.” Kat said in a low voice.

“No he wasn’t.” He said walking back to the kitchen.

‘This just got weirder today.’ She thought as she started cleaning the fish tank. ‘I wonder why Aoi tried to kiss me, was he trying to make Ruki jealous or was it just for fun? ‘ After that she grabbed the big pile of dirty laundry and put them in a basket. “Kai do you have a washing machine?!” She yelled from the stairway.

“Yeah, it’s in the basement!” He replied back.

“Thanks! Wait do you and the other guys have any more dirty laundry I can clean?”

“Yes. We will send them down later.”

“Okay.”

 

Kat looked around the living room to see if there was a door that might lead to the basement. She walked around the hallway until she made it to the kitchen. Ruki finished his breakfast and already started cleaning his dirty dishes. “Hey Ruki, do you know where the basement is? I can’t seem to find it.” She asked. He agreed to help her so he leads her back to the living room then makes a left facing away from the living room. She felt a bit confused to why Ruki lead her to the living room just to face the wall, even though there was no door to be found. He opened a small little secret hiding spot, put his hand inside and turn it as if he was turning a doorknob then he pulls revealing a door outline as he full opens it. “Here you go.” He said turning on the light switch to the basement and heading down stairs. Kat follows him down stairs with the dirty laundry in her hands. As soon as they reach the bottom, Ruki showed her were the soaps are at and the other things were on top of the shelf. “Thanks Ruki.” She said putting the basket down on the floor and hugs him. Ruki felt a bit surprised by the hug that he started to blush and his legs begin to feel like jelly. Kat let go and started piling the color clothes on one side and putting the black and white on the other. She putts the color ones in the washing machine while Ruki went back upstairs to clean his room. Suddenly, Kai came downstairs carrying a big pile of clothes that he couldn’t see where he was going. Ruki was still focus on Kat’s hug and how warm it felt until he bumped into Kai, that all the clothes fell to the ground around them like leaves. “Hey watch where your going!?” yelled Ruki then sees Kai.

“Well sorry Mr. I-have-a-crush-on-someone.” He said picking up the dirty laundry and putting them back in the basket. Ruki’s heart dropped and looked around if Reita or Uruha was around before whispering to Kai’s ear. “Did they tell you who I have a crush on? Was it Uruha or Reita or…” He gasped and feared for the worst on what he was going to say. “Could it be Aoi that told you?”

“First of all no one told me anything and second no it wasn’t them.”

“Then how did you know?”

“It was so notice able. I mean that it’s really noticeable that even a five year old girl can tell.”

Ruki just went silence before replying back with an “Ooooooookay…” Kai just rolled his eyes and asked him to give Kat the laundry basket to her.