Happy ending to a bad day

One Year with Youngjae

From the start of the day, I should have known that things would go wrong as soon as we both stepped out of my apartment.  My hair that was once neat in a tight bun now hung in a lump on my shoulders.  I knew Youngjae was behind me a few paces back, but he was too busy looking over his shoulders to make sure that all of the fan girls have been lost.

The evening started off really well.  We headed to the café that we had met one year ago and was able to have coffee and talk over whatever came to mind.  Next was a dinner reservation at a nice restaurant that the both of us had always wanted to go to. We had our own private room for dinning, so that there was no prying eyes or ears to know what was going on there. 

However, it came to the movies that the night started to go downhill from there.  Someone must have told their friends that they spotted Youngjae with me, and there was a mob waiting when we got out.  Naturally the girls all started to go for my hair, and Youngjae was trying to get them off of me.  Yet, he was pulled into the mob of fan girls and I was once again on the outside looking in.

He managed to get away and we both made a run for it.  Once out in the clear of all the fan girls, I didn’t know what to say to him.  I wasn’t mad at him, I was madder at the fan girls that did this.  I stormed off a head of Youngjae, and he was left trying to keep up with me.

“Noona,” I heard him plead over and over again.  I still didn’t want to say anything to him.  I wanted to fix my hair, but I figured this close to home it can wait.  I entered the apartment lobby first, Youngjae now almost on my heels.  I looked at the elevator and figured that would be a sure way to get away from him for a minute or two before going into the apartment, he could take the stairs. 

I pressed the up button and the doors flew open and I stepped in.  I pressed the door closed button repeatedly hoping that they would close before Youngjae got in with me.  It almost worked, until he pushed open the slightly cracked doors and stepped it.  I felt myself being corned by the one person that I loved the most, and how right I was to feel that way.

I watched as he moved in closer to me, pinning me against the wall of the elevator and leaning in towards me.  I looked into his eyes to look for what he was planning on doing with me cornered.  His eyes snapped shut and I watched him as he leaned in to kiss me.  I was shocked at first, it was soft and tender, almost an apology kiss.  However, after a few seconds of that, it changed.  I was being melted into the kiss with him; I was matching his lip movements.

He was the one that pulled away, and I was left breathless on what had just happened.  I watched as his eyes opened and his face spelled out the apology that shouldn’t be his to give. He opened his mouth, and I laid my index finger over his lips. “No, don’t say a word oppa,” I told him sternly. “I know we both knew that at some point we would be found out by the fan girls.  So, let’s forget about what happened on the last bit of our evening and only look back on the good.”

There was a smile that planted over his face as he leaned his head toward mine. I was half expecting him to kiss me again, but that didn’t come.  Instead, he laid his forehead softly on mine and closed his eyes. His lips moved slightly and I felt the soft kiss of his lips on my finger. “Then have that as an apology,” he whispered softly and opened his eyes slightly. 

I lowered my hand away from his mouth and wrapped my arms around him.  I wanted to stay close to him, just like I know he wants to stay close to me.  Our moment was over when the elevator door opened up on my floor. My arms went lose and he pulled away from me taking one of my hands with him.  I followed him to my apartment door where we stood for a few seconds as he pulled out the key that I had given him and watched him open the door.  We both entered the safe haven of my home and locked out the chance of someone coming in, friendly or unwanted.  I let go of his hand and was about to head toward the bathroom to fix my hair.  However, Youngjae didn’t let go.  I looked up at him to see him shack his head.  “I’m not done with you yet,” he whispered softly.

“Oppa,” I groaned, “my hair is a mess.”

He just stood there and smiled, shaking his head slightly. “You are still beautiful in my eyes,” he whispered as he pulled me into him.  His kiss was rough, he knew what he wanted.  I couldn’t help but wrap my arms around him to hold me closer to him.  For the past year, I loved him deeply, and now today, I wanted more of my life with him.  I don’t want to lose the one person that would stay by my side now and forever.  And at this moment, that is what I was getting.

Again, he pulled away and took out the hair tie that had failed to keep my hair up from the mob of fan girls.  My hair fell into place on how it normally is.  Youngjae smiled as he slowly started to run his fingers through my hair.  “I like your hair down better,” he told me. 

I laughed slightly as I kissed him softly, “I know you do.  You have a habit of playing with my hair when it’s down,” I replied.  He just smiled at my words, and a soft blush ran across his face.

I leaned in to kiss him, but he pulled back and shook his head.  I was confused on why he would say no on kissing me.  He took my hand and tugged lightly on it as he made his way over to the couch and sat down.  I stood in front of him for a second, and before I had time to sit next to him he was pulling me down on top of his lap.  I let out a squeak from surprise from his actions.

His arms wrapped around me and drew me in closer.  I could feel the slight ridges of his abs under his shirt.  He wasn’t as well sculpted as Yongguk or Jongup, but he was slowly getting the abs from all of the dancing that he did.  “I love you,” he whispered as he softly kissed me.

I smiled and wrapped my arms around him. “You know I will always love you Youngjae,” I told him.  I kissed him softly; however, he took the lead on how he wanted this kiss to go.  I matched his movements and melted into the man that I love so much.

An ending to a bad evening, turned into being the best night of my life, just sitting on that couch with the man that would love me no matter how I looked.  I always know that he will always protect me from anyone that tries to hurt me in any way, shape, or form.