Idol girlfriends worst fears

One Year with Youngjae

I could hear my phone start to vibrate on the nightstand, and the length of the vibrating phone told me that someone was calling me.  I didn’t even bother looking at the name as I rolled over and answered it sleepily.  “Hello,” I mumbled into the phone.

“Sorry I woke you up,” the voice on the other end said soft and sweet.

My eyes shot open when I heard his voice, Youngjae only called when he was checking in with me or if he had something big planned.  “It’s alright,” I reassured him.  I looked at the alarm clock and seen that I should have been up ten minutes ago anyways. “What’s up?” I asked, thinking that maybe it was going to be something wrong and not something he had cooked up in the short amount of time that he last talk to me.

“Well, I was thinking,” he started off with.  Youngjae thinking to me seems like a good idea at first, but it always comes with something bad to happen to one of us.  If it was going out on the town, I was the one that would feel the wrath on it for the most part.  The fans here didn’t like the fact the Yoo Youngjae was dating someone and they made it a point to show that opinion.  “It’s been awhile the last time we just went out and had dinner and seen a movie.  I just want us to have something of a normal day,” he’s voice was nervous on this.  I could tell that he was afraid of what I was going to say.

For him to have a normal life at this time was hard.  People knew him, and fans love him.  Yet, here he was dating a ‘nobody’ in everyone’s eyes.  It had gotten to the point where I sent all my hate mail back to the dorm with Youngjae to have Yongguk look at them all.  Yongguk had even addressed the Babyz not to bother girlfriends of the members when the rest have one.  However, they still seemed to have the need to hate a nobody that was dating their idol Youngjae.

I sighed heavily, the thought of going out on the town with him sounded really good; however, the thought of Babyz seeing the two of us together would only make things difficult for us.  “Noona,” he said shyly. I didn’t have an answer for him yet, and I didn’t know what to say. 

I sighed again and closed my eyes. “A night out sounds good oppa,” I said, somewhat lying.  It did sound good, but I still feared what might happen at the end of the night.

His voice seemed to give off the smile that was planted on his face. “I’ll be over there at six to pick you up.  I have practice today for a while, so we can go out when I’m done.  See you soon.  Love you,” he said.

“I love you too oppa,” I added before the phone went died on his end.  I set the phone back down on its resting spot on the nightstand and rolled over on my back to look up at the ceiling.  The feeling of this night ending badly still playing in my head, however, I knew that Youngjae wouldn’t let things get too far out of hand.

I stayed in that spot for what seemed like hours, but my alarm clock seemed to be lying to me when I looked to find it had only been for ten minutes.  I had off today from work, and there was little homework that needed to be done, and no classes for the day either.  I got up off the bed and walked over to the closet to see what I could find to wear for the night.

I flipped through my wardrobe a few dozen times to find a nice skirt, and a nice tank top to go with it.  The nights were still warm, so I didn’t want to wear something that I would die in.  If it got too cold Youngjae would always put his coat around my shoulders to keep me warm.  I laid the outfit on the bed and walked into the kitchen. 

I opened the fridge to find really nothing that seemed good to eat.  I grabbed the milk and closed the door.  I turned to were the cereal was and pulled out a box, and opened a cabinet door and took out a bowl, and closed that door.  I reached for the drawer that held the silverware and grabbed a spoon before slamming that shut and hearing the rest of the silverware banging around in protest of the action.  I went around the island were all my goods have been placed, and took a seat on the barstool on that side of the island. I poured myself a bowl of cereal before going back into deep thought on how tonight was going to play out.

I ate in silence, still thinking of the events that might play out with Youngjae taking me out for the night.  Most of them involved Babyz pushing me out of the way to get to him.  I hated being pushed by them; they always went for the hair.  I remember one girl grabbing a handful of my hair and pulling so hard that after I was out of the way, the chunk of hair that she had was still in her hand.  Not only that, but she pulled hard enough were I could feel blood from the area where the hairs were before leaving my head.

I played with my hair a little, tonight it was going up.  I didn’t want anyone to pull my hair like that.  I finished my bowl of cereal and looked around the small apartment.  There was really nothing to do for the rest of the day.  However, the lack of food in my fridge told me that shopping was in order for the day.  I sighed, even by myself, people knew who I was and some have told me to leave Youngjae, and let him be single.  I would let things slide for the most part, there have been times were people wanted to be violent, and I had to turn the other cheek.  Today was not going to be a good day at all.

I got up and brought the bowl over to the sink and cleaned it out.  I set it on the drying rack and turned back to was the spoon.  When that was washed and placed in the drying rack, I turned to put the milk and the box of cereal in their rightful place and headed back into the bed room.  My phone was flashing and was trying to get my attention.  I walked over to the nightstand and picked up the phone.  A new text was waiting to be read, I clicked the message icon and looked at the new text that Youngjae had sent.  ‘Change of plans.  I’ll be over sooner than 6.  I’ll be there around 3.  Love you.’ I looked at the time. I still had more than enough time to go out and get food.

I walked over to the closet yet again and flipped through the clothes.  Jeans and a t-shirt were in order for this run.  I didn’t have any one to impress, just myself, and hope that few people would know who I am.  The time told me that most of the fans, seeing as most of them are still high school students, would be in school yet.  So the worst thing to fear had become slim to none now.  I changed out of my pajamas and into the jeans and shirt that I had picked out.

I turned to walk into the bathroom and picked up the hair brush and started to brush my hair.  I wasn’t even going to take a chance with meeting up with some angry fan that knew I was dating Youngjae, so my hair was going up just as a safety precaution. After my hair was up in a bun, I walked out of the bathroom and to the front door.  My purse and keys were hanging on a hook near the door.  I took both of them off there hooks and slipped my shoes on.  I unlocked the door and opened it slowly.  I always feared that some of the fan girls would get the bright idea and wait for me to leave my apartment to jump me.  However, that hadn’t happened yet.

I closed the door behind me and locked up the door.  I made my way down to the main floor and walked through the lobby of the apartment complex.  I was hoping for at least an hour’s time to do my shopping and be back home to get cleaned up.  I stop dead in my tracks. I looked in my purse and felt around my pants pocket.  Sighing heavily, I turned to head back up to my apartment, I had forgotten my phone.  I headed back up the stairs to my floor and stopped right in front of my door.  Lying on the floor was an envelope, and I knew nothing good was going to come out of it.  I picked it up and took my keys out to open the door.  When I was in my safe haven I locked the door behind me and walked towards my room.  I picked up my phone from its spot on the night stand and went back to the front door.  I kept turning the envelope in my hand till I couldn’t take it anymore.

I slipped the phone into my purse and stopped at the island in the kitchen.  I took the envelope in both hands and opened it slowly.  There was a piece of paper in there I could make out that someone had written a short letter.  I sighed deeply; it was going to be another hate mail.  I took out the paper and flipped it open. I knew the hand writing right away, it was Youngjae’s.  ‘Today marks one full year of us together, I wanted to do something special for you.  So before I come over here in a few hours, I would want you to think of the best times that you have had with me.’

I reread it twice, there were so many good times with Youngjae, I looked at the calendar, and I face palmed myself.  I had been so worked out about the fan girls out to kill me that I forgot it was our anniversary today.  I shook my head slowly and looked up at the ceiling.  I really wasn’t going to have a good day today.