Vol. 2 Chap. 8 "Jonghyun"

Playing Cupids

 

“Earth calling Lee Jonghyun!” Hongki snapped his fingers in front of Jonghyun who earlier came to their practice. He just sat there lost in his thought. FT boys were getting concerned. Usually he’d laugh at Hongki’s antics, tap his fingers to the Minhwan’s beat or watch Jonghoon’s killer guitar skills. But today was different, he just sat there, no response to anything, deep in thought.

The younger guys went ahead of their hyungs while Hongki and Jonghoon decided to get to the bottom of Jonghyuns weirdness.

“Yah! What’s wrong with you? You’re creeping us out.” Jonghoon asked his friend but still there was no response. Hongki, looked at his ears to check if there are earphones blocking Jonghyun’s hearing but he found none. He then stood up and whacked Jonghyun’s head.

“Yah Lee Hongki, what was that for?” Jonghyun asked his friend while he scratched his head.

“What was that for? Man you’ve been staring into space for a long time now. You came here in our practice without even showing any reaction. You’re too deep in your thought that you’re being oblivious to everything around you. Did you even know that we have concluded our practice?”

“Oh, you’re done already? Let’s go home.” Jonghyun then stood up ready to leave.

“No, we’re not going home, not until you tell us what’s making you weird all day.” Jonghoon said making Jonghyun sit again in the chair. “Wait, aren’t you suppose to accompany Yoona today?”

“Yoona? Did she tell you something?” Jonghyun asked out of the blue.

“What are you talking about? Why would Yoona tell us something? Did something happen? Is that why you’re being weird today?” Hongki said. He looked at his friend and found him blushing. He then looked at Jonghoon to see if he saw it too and he nodded at Hongki.

“Yah! Spill it. What happened? Don’t leave anything, tell everything!” Demanded Jonghoon.

Jonghyun then looked at his friends. He knew they won’t let him escape now. He then sighed. “The stalker appeared again last night.”

“What?” The two asked in unison.

“He appeared again last night while I was accompanying Yoona home.” He began. “He didn’t but our act. He told us to just drop it. I even kissed Yoona to make him believe but he just laughed at us because Yoona was shocked with what I did. Yoona then kissed me back, God it was so hot. She can kiss you know. I was even lost in the kiss, but still he didn’t bought it. He just said Yoona’s a good actress. Now, I don’t know what we can still do to make that smart stalker believe we’re real.”

Hongki didn’t know what made him shocked more, is it the fact that the stalker is smarter than they thought or is it because Jonghyun just admitted that he shared a hot kiss with Yoona. “You two kissed? And it was hot? You were lost? Am I really hearing you right?” He asked.

“That’s not the issue right now!”

“Oh it is.” Hongki said

“Yah Lee Hongki, can you just forget I said that and let’s focus on what Yoona and I can do to make that stupid stalker believe us.” Jonghyun was now getting annoyed at Hongki. It was a good thing Jonghoon was there because he’s more rational than Hongki.

“So you mean he didn’t buy your act?” Jonghoon asked and Jonghyun just nodded.

“He really is one smart stalker. Even after you two kissed, he still didn’t bought it?” Again Jonghyun nodded. “Were you being lovey-dovey before he appeared?”

That made Jonghyun realized why the stalker didn’t but their act. His eye’s suddenly turned round and Jonghoon knew he hit the jackpot.

“Man, if you two really want him to believe you, you have to be on your act 24/7. He’s a stalker for crying out loud. He’s always following Yoona and if you two only acts as lovers when he’s visible in your sight, you really won’t fool him.” Jonghoon explained.

“Jongie’s right.” Hongki said. “But I don’t think that would be a problem because you’re starting to really like Yoona now.”

“Who said I like her? I can never like someone like her.” Jonghyun denied.

“Lee Jonghyun, don’t even try to deny it. I can see you really like her. You won’t even risk your neck just to help her up to this extent. You like her and that is the truth so deal with it.”

“I too agree with Hongki.” Jonghoon said. “You’re too obvious man. The real act is you saying you don’t like her. You’re just the typical boy who bullies the girl he likes. It’s your defence mechanism because you don’t want her to know you like her coz you’re scared she won’t accept you.”

“Yah Jongie, why are you so smart?” Hongki asked his leader.

“Because I’m born hot and smart.” Jonghoon boasted. He then turned to Jonghyun. “I think the first step you should make is to accept the fact that you like her or at least know the reason why you’re really helping her.” Jonghoon then stood up, stretched out his arms and picked up his guitar, “I’ll be leaving now. Think about what I just said.” He told Jonghyun. “Are you coming with me?” He asked Hongki.

“No, you can go ahead. I’ll stay with him for a while.” Hongki answered.

“I’ll be leaving first.” Jonghoon then left Hongki and Jonghyun.

The two were silent. Jonghyun was thought about what Jonghoon just said. Hongki on the other hand observed his friend. After a while, Jonghyun looked at Hongki, “Do you really think I like her?

“I know you do.”

“Why?”

“Because she’s the first girl who makes you forget your guitars for three days in a row. Because you’re doing things for her selflessly. You agreed to this arrangement without gaining any benefit from it except for the fact that you’d be spending more time with her. As your groupmates said in your interview, you’re the person who loves beautiful girls the most. Yesterday you were surrounded by nine beautiful girls but you’re attention was solely for one person only. You didn’t even pay attention to Yuri’s hotness, Sunny’s iness, Sooyoung’s legs, Tiffany’s eye’s, etc... Though you said that you got lost in a hot kiss with her last night, you were still more concerned that the stalker didn’t buy your act.“

“But how can I like someone who thinks her stalker is hot? Imagine she told me she thought he’s hot. She’s really crazy.”

“But he really looks good right?”

“Yes he does. He can even pass as an idol.”

“And you don’t like her thinking that he’s good looking right?”

“Of course I don’t.”

“And why is that?”

“Because I’m her boyfriend for crying out loud.”

Hongki smiled with Jonghyun’s last statement and he just stared at Jonghyun hoping his friend would finally accept the truth. “Yah Lee Hongki, what are you smiling about?”

“Oh nothing. I just thought that you won’t get possessive if you’re just pretending to like each other.

Jonghyun looked at Hongki and finally it dawned on him the meaning of what he just said. He then massaged the back of his neck and turned his head around. He then looked at Hongki who was smiling at him. “How can you be so damn smart Lee Hongki?”

Hongki then patted Jonghyun’s knees. “Let’s go get a coffee. What time are you suppose to fetch Yoona from school?”

“I still have 2 hours to spare.”

While they were having coffee at FNC’s cafeteria, they continued their talk about the stalker. “So what do you think we should do so that the stalker would buy our act?”

“Don’t act. Just go with your feelings. Since now you’ve accepted that you like her, just go with your feeling. Do you want her to like you back?”

“I think so... Of course I do.”

“Then start to woo her. Don’t be as stupid as Yonghwa hyung who wasted three whole months. Take advantage of Lee Sooman’s plan. Go on dates, give her flowers and chocolates. Do the whole wooing thing.”

“Do you think she likes me back?”

“Honestly?... I don’t know.”

“I still can’t believe that I like her.”

“But you do right?”

“Yes I do.”

“By the way, what happened last night after you to kissed and the stalker walked away.”

Jonghyun frowned as he recalled what happened. “When the stalker left she fell on her knees on the ground. She lost all her strength. She started to cry again. She was shaking with fear. I carried her on my back and she cried halfway to their dorm then she fell asleep.”

“So you mean you two still haven’t talked yet after last night?”

Jonghyun nodded.

“Things are really going to get awkward between you two now.”

“I know. It’s one of the things that I was thinking about earlier.”

“Just act as if it’s not a big deal.”

“But it is. I was really stupid to got lost in that kiss, what if the stalker stabbed me when we were kissing? I’m so stupid...”

“Yes you’re stupid and in love.”

Just about then Jonghyun’s cellphone’s alarm rang telling him that it’s time to go to Yoona’s school. The two friends bid goodbye to each other. One going back to his dorm to rest, the other going to meet his ‘girl.’

 

Just as soon Yoona’s class finished, she received a message from Jonghyun.

“Can you be a bit faster? I’ve been waiting outside your room for 15 minutes now. I’m hungry and I want to eat.” The message said.

“Aish this guy. What do I do? I kissed him last night. I don’t think I can face him just yet.” She told herself and just then she heard him say, “Hon, didn’t you received my message? What are you still doing here? Come on lets go. I’m really hungry.” Jonghyun then grabbed her arm and dragged her outside the room. People were starting to recognize him. Some even took pictures. “Yah Jonghyun what are you doing? People are looking at us know.” Jonghyun then smiled at her, and even waved to someone who was taking their picture. He then held her hand with fingers crossing each other. “You know you look pretty today?” he told her. Yoona was getting confused by the moment. “Are you okay?” she asked.

Jonghyun then smiled at her showing his dimples in all its glory, “Hon, I’m fine. I’ve never been better.” Much to Yoona’s surprise, Jonghyun stopped on his tracks and kissed Yoona on the cheek. People began taking their pictures then he grabbed Yoona’s hand and ran.

They were panting after running all the way to the car. Jonghyun then opened the door for Yoona and Yoona went inside the car. “What did you just do? Check the internet now for sure we’re all over the news.”

“Where do you want to go?” He said evading the question. “Are you hungry or you want to go to an amusement park?”

“Are you sick? You’re acting weird.”

“I’m okay. I told I’ve never felt better.”

“Why are you being nice all of a sudden?”

“Can’t a boyfriend be nice to his girlfriend?”

“Drop the act Jonghyun we’re alone now.”

“Who said I’m acting?”

“What did you just said?”

“Nothing, let’s have fun today okay? Our Presidents both gave us their blessings to date. Let’s just take this opportunity to have fun. Since it’s summer and it’s really hot, shall we go swimming?”

“Swimming? But I don’t have any swimsuits with me. I just came from school you know.”

“Don’t worry about that. I dropped by your dorm before I came here. I asked Yuri to prepare your stuff. I told her we’d go swimming today. Let’s go to Caribbean Bay Resort, since you’re an endorser there we’d be able to go in free of charge plus it’s a weekday only a few people would be there.”

“You really thought about this huh?”

“Yes. So shall we go now?”

Jonghyun and Yoona then went to Caribbean Bay. They tried everything that the resort has to offer. Every slide, every pool, everything. They had fun and stayed until the last hour. On the way back, Yoona fell asleep due to exhaustion from the days activities. She was still asleep when Jonghyun parked his car in their dorms parking lot. He didn’t woke her up right away instead he looked at her sleeping form. It’s different now since he has acknowledge the fact the he likes her. He marvelled at the beauty in front of him. He pushed away the lock of hair that fell on her face. He traced her nose and lips with his fingers. As soon as he had his fill, he then started to wake her up.

When Yoona opened her eyes, she saw Jonghyun staring at her. For a while they just stared at each other. Jonghyun smiled at her and she smiled back at him. “I had fun today.” He said.

“I did too. Thank you for today.”

“I’m just glad you liked it.”

Jonghyun then went out of the car, went to Yoona’s side and opened the door. Yoona stepped out of the car. Jonghyun took her hand and they walked towards the dorm’s entrance. When they reached the door Jonghyun went in front of Yoona, “Can I have a kiss as a reward for today?”

“What? You’re getting way beyond your head Lee Jonghyun.” Yoona said playfully.

“You have to admit I did good today. Just a kiss here,” he said pointing to his cheeks “is all I need.” He then offered his cheeks and waited for Yoona.

“Fine since you made me forget all my problems today.” Just when Yoona’s about to kiss Jonghyun’s cheek, Jonghyun suddenly faced her and their lips kissed. Yoona was surprised at the sudden contact, Jonghyun smiled at her reaction and he kissed her cheeks.

Yoona then blushed and tried to hide her face with her hands. Jonghyun laughed and took her hands away from her face. Yoona bowed her head still trying to hide but Jonghyun lifted her chin and made her look into his eyes.

He caressed the cheek he just kissed, “Goodnight Hon. Sweet Dreams” he said, his dimples showing because of the smile he can’t contain.

Yoona realized how contagious his smile is and she smiled shyly and said, “Goodnight Hon.” She then turned her back on him and went inside their dorm.

 

******************************************

A/N: Finally Jonghyun admits he likes Yoona!!! My Hongki and Jonghoon is so smart!!! Hehehehe. i'm not quite satisfied with the ending of this chapter. I can't seem to write what I want to say but I hope you guys will like it. I'll reply to your comments tomorrow since it's already 3 am here. Please subscribe if you like this story. Comment so that I'd be inspired to write... Hehehehe. Thank you for spending time reading this story.