Vol. 2 Chap. 7 "Jonghyun"

Playing Cupids

"What?"

"Kyaaaaaa!!!"

"Really?"

"Since when?"

"How did it happen?"

"I never knew you two were close."

These were some of the questions and reactions that Jonghyun can make out of the noise their audience were making. They were all asking questions at the same time. Some were giggling, some were screaming, some were envious, some were constantly asking questions until Taeyeon stood up, went to Lee Hongki and grabbed his collar.

"Yah Lee Hongki! Are you trying to mess with our heads? Just earlier you said these two hate each other's guts and that they were just an act to get Hyunnie and Yong seobang together! What will you benefit from lying to us? Explain yourself."

Hongki was getting confused with all that's been happening. Just minutes earlier, Yoona and Jonghyun announced that they were together and now Taeyeon is accusing him of lying to them. Just when he was about to answer Yoona came up to them and took Taeyeons hands away  from Hongki. "Unnie, can you please calm down. Everybody please calm down. Let us explain first please." Yoona then looked at Hongki apologetically. The latter smiled at her gratefully and began fixing his messed up shirt. Much to Yoona's joy everyone took their seats but still Taeyeons shooting killer looks to Hongki.

"Minhyuk and Jungshin can you please look outside the door and see if someone's listening to us." Jonghyun told the two maknaes and they obliged. As soon as the saw that the coast is clear, "Please lock the doors." Jonghyun asked the two again.

"What's the big secret? Why are you so cautious?" Asked Sunny.

"Please don't get mad at Hongki, he was really telling the truth." Yoona began. She then told them everything that happened since Jonghyun's first rescue, her outburst and feelings after the incident and Lee Sooman's plan. The girls cried and the boys were furious.

"Jonghyun, thank you for saving our Yoona. Thank you also for agreeing with Mr. President's plan. We don't know what could've happened if you didn't saved her that day." Jessica told Jonghyun.

"But what made you agree to all of this?" Tiffany asked.

Jonghyun looked at her and then at Yoona. "You're President was right. Since I told the stalker that I'm Yoona's boyfriend, I have to keep with the act. Yoona was so scared that night and I don't think anyone should feel that way. I just want to help and also I owe hyungsoonim a lot."

"But do you think the stalker would believe you two? You two can't just get along together since day one." Sooyoung said.

"We talked about it already and we've decided to call a truce. We're still at each other's throat but we're managing quite well right now." Yoona told her friend.

"And I am 100% sure that the stalker believes we're really together, thanks to Seohyun and Yonghwa hyung's help." Jonghyun said. Everyone then turned their attention to Seohyun who was sitting beside Jaejin and the girl can't help but blush making the other's more confuse than ever.

"And what exactly did they do to help you guys?" Asked Jaejin while looking at his bestfriend.

"Can we not talk about it? Just take it that with what we did made the stalker believed Unnie and Jonghyun oppa's 'relationship.'" Seohyun glared at Jaejin. "You're spilling everything later Joohyun." Jaejin then said earning a push from Seohyun.

"So only our three groups would know about this?" Jonghoon asked.

"Plus the managers and our respective Presidents." Jonghyun answered.

"So what do you guys plan of doing now since the you don't want to announce to the world this relationship of yours?" Hyoyeon asked.

"We plan to spend our free time together. Expect Jonghyun to visit our dorms from now on and I to visit theirs too."

"If my schedule would permit, I would bring Yoona to school and fetch her too."

"So you mean you two will really be like real boyfriend-girlfriend?" Minhyuk asked.

"Yes." The two said at the same time.

"Hyung, can I exchange with you? Can I be her boyfriend since you don't like her and all." Everyone turned to Jungshin who asked this question. It was a known fact the Jungshin is a fanboy of Yoona.

"Yah Avatar! Do you know Judo or Taekwondo? Can you protect Yoona if the stalker attacks?" Sooyoung was getting annoyed at the nonsense question. Jungshin then sank lower in his seat.

All these time Hongki was just silent and was observing the two pretend lovers. He saw the difference of their relationship from the last time he saw them together. Now they're more comfortable with each other. The hate that was so visible before was now missing in action. They smile at each other. Jonghyun had even pushed a lock of Yoona's hair when it fell in her eyes and instead of acting embarrassed, Yoona acted as if it's the most natural thing in the world. Yoona even whispered to Jonghyun's ears and the latter's dimples appeared. Just then someone told him, "Do you see what I see?" Hongki then turned to Yuri, "Oh yes I do." And the two can't help but smile.

During the course of the meeting, they describe the stalker's profile. He was as tall as Jonghyun. He has the same built as Jonghoon. His hair is black, double eyelids, eyes similar to Hongki, a pointed nose and lips like Kikwang's.

"You mean to say, he's quite a catch. Based on your description, he's one handsome guy." Taeyeon said.

"You really think my eyes are handsome?" Hongki then showed Taeyeon his famous eye-smile.

"I was just saying that based on this description, this guy will be quite handsome. Get over yourself Lee Hongki." The leader told him off and Hongki just shrugged.

"Actually he is." Yoona said. "Honestly when he first approached me I was a bit flustered coz he's really good looking but then when he started to talk it got creepy because he talks to me as if he owns me. Despite his looks I tried to avoid him but everytime I look behind, he'd be there staring at me and that was when I went to Seohyun and asked for help."

"I also think that somehow he's well off." Jonghyun said. "The perfume he uses are the limited edition kind and the car that followed us before was a BMW. He even told me that h, ye knew Yoona came with Seohyun here in FNC before and he knew what they did here. FNC's building has one tight security since our fans tend to be crazy at times but still he was able to enter. He has connections, he's smart and very cautious and that makes him very dangerous."

"Yoona," Jonghoon called out. "me and the boys would also help in accompanying you. It would appear as though we're doing Jonghyun a favor by protecting his girl." And the rest of FTIsland agreed with him.

"Noona, we will also alternate with them. Whoever's free will be there for you." Minhyuk said.

Yoona was overwhelmed with all the help they were offering and a tear escaped her eyes. Jonghyun saw this and automatically wiped it away. "It's okay Hon, you're safe with us. We'll take care of you."

"Hon?" the girls asked at the same time.

"Oh we forgot, we decided to call ourselves Hon as an endearment." Yoona told them.

Hongki remembered Jonghyun told him before that he'd only call Yeobo the girl he'd marry. He then put two and two together. Hon is shortcut for Honey. Honey is the english word for Yeobo. Is it just a coincidence? He smiled at the thought. He then said, "But you know guys, you look good together. Let me congratulate you, it's either you're really good at acting or you starting to really fall for each other."

 

After the meeting, it was agreed that Jonghyun will bring Yoona home. Since Minhyuk still needs to film that day, Seohyun decided to visit. Hongki wanted to visit Yonghwa and Shinhye too. The rest of the boys and girls went back to their respective dorms.

On the way to the filming site, the group again talked about Yoona's situation. They can't help but pity Yoona. Seohyun and Yuri again expressed their gratitude to the boys for deciding the help their friend. As soon as they reached the filming site, Yonghwa who was informed earlier by Seohyun by text was already waiting for them.

As soon as they got out of the van, Yonghwa automatically grabbed his girlfriend and kissed her making Seohyun blush.

"Hyung, can we talk?" Asked Hongki.

"Jashik! Can't you see I'm pretty occupied right now?" Yonghwa told Hongki while looking at his girlfriend.

"Hyung we will stay here until you finish your filming today. Shinhye had informed me earlier that you're almost done with your part. After we talk you two can cuddle as much as you want. Come on, I really need to talk to you." Hongki then pulled Yonghwa away from Seohyun. Yonghwa was whining like a little boy and the rest of the group can't help but laugh at Yong choding.

As soon as they were out of earshot, "Hyung, why do you think Jonghyun is really doing this?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, he's not the type that would risk his neck for someone he hates."

"Maybe he doesn't hate her?"

"I think so too, but still what can he benefit from all of this? He rejected the fame that would've come with if they publicized their relationship. I don't think SM will pay him for protecting Yoona and he would never accept it if ever they offered that."

"Lee Hongki, what are you getting at? Just go straight to the point please. My girlfriend is waiting for me and I really want to spend time with her."

"You're no fun hyung you know that? Fine... don't you think our friend is starting to fall in love with her?"

"That's possible, Yoona's a sweet girl. She's very pretty, talented, hardworking and y. Jonghyun's ideal to a T. But knowing Jonghyun, he's quite a proud person. He will never admit that he started liking someone he claims he hates."

"I know what you mean hyung. This stalker thing is becoming a good thing in someway. At least Jonghyun's having a life away from his precious guitars."

"Are we done talking now?" Yonghwa was really getting impatient. He doesn't have time playing cupid with his friend, not with his girlfriend waiting for him.

"Hyung we need to do something. We need to help them realize they like each other."

"Hongki, are you really that bored with your life right now? As far as I know you guys have concerts all throughout this month, how can you fit this in your already crazy schedule."

"Hyung I was busy too when we helped you guys."

"Whatever Hongki. I'd be happy to help but right now I need to go spend time with my girl." Yonghwa then left Hongki. Hongki then saw Shinhye talking to his friends and decided to go and join them.

 

Meanwhile, Jonghyun and Yoona decided to eat dinner first before going home. They went to their secret cafe and ordered food. Jonghyun can't help but notice how comfortable they are with each other.

"I guess everything went well. It was a good thing we decided to tell them all at the same time. I was really sorry for Hongki when Taeyeon unnie attacked him."

"I know what you mean. It was a good thing you came to his rescue. That unnie of yours is quite scary despite her height and all." Yoona laughed at that statement. It was really true that her unnies can get quite scary especially if it concerns one of them.

Yoona find it nice talking to Jonghyun. She didn't expect him to be a very insightful person. Who would've known a guitar freak would be this deep. "Do you know how to play any musical instrument?" She heard him say.

"None but I envy those people who can. I love music but I have a different way of expressing it. I know I'm not that good of a singer but I can dance. When I hear music it's as if my body would automatically move with it."

Jonghyun can't help but be enchanted with Yoona at that time. She really is a witch because she's casting a spell on him at that moment and he can't help but fall for this girl. "Do you know how to dance?" he heard her say.

"Dance? No way. Make me play the guitar the whole day without stopping just don't make me dance."

Yoona can't help but laugh. "You're such a funny person. You really hate dancing that much ha?"

"It's not that I hate dancing, but I think it's dancing who hates me. Didn't you see me attempt to dance in WGM? If Hyung's awkward, I'm hopeless."

"Lee Jonghyun, one day I'll make you dance, you can bet your sorry on that." Yoona told him.

The two enjoyed the rest of their dates. Both realized that they were silly before for always fighting. Though they still fight but now they enjoy their banters. They paid for their bills and started to go home.

"Did you really find your stalker handsome?" Jonghyun blurted out of the blue while walking.

"Yes I did."

Somehow that answer annoyed Jonghyun. He realized he didn't like Yoona finding her stalker handsome. "Did you liked him?"

"What? He's a stalker for crying out loud. Though he got the looks, he's still a sicko."

"If he's not a sicko, do you think he'd have a chance with you?"

"What's with all this questions?"

"Just answer the question." Jonghyun said a bit forcefully and Yoona's not liking it.

"I don't know okay? I don't know coz he's not that person you're talking about. He's a freaking stalker. Do you think I'm this shallow to fall for any handsome guy?"

Jonghyun then realized his folly and saw how hurt Yoona was with his question.

"I'm sorry for asking a stupid question. Somehow I didn't liked it when you said he was handsome and that you were flustered when he approached you."

"Why?" Yoona's heart was beating quite faster than usual.

"Who knows?" He said. "I too don't know what made me ask such stupid question. I'm really sorry."

The two walked silently then Jonghyun came face to face to a very familiar person. He suddenly pushed Yoona behind him and the girl saw the person in front of Jonghyun and she started to shiver.

"What do you want?" Jonghyun's voice was full of anger. He felt Yoona grab the hem of his shirt, his hand automatically seeked her hand and grabbed it.

"Are you still keeping with this act?" the stalker said.

"What act?"

"That you're lovers act. Don't you think I know what you're doing?" Jonghyun tried to control his anger by clenching his teeth. He then pulled Yoona beside him and put his arms around her waist possessively.

"Think what you want. She's my girl and there's nothing you can do about it."

"She's not your girl. You think you'd fool me with your drama last night? As soon as I left I realize it's not Yoona who was by the window. You know why? Because I can recognize her anywhere, even if its dark."

Yoona was really starting to shake and Jonghyun felt it. "Want me to re-enact what we did last night?" Just then Jonghyun faced Yoona and kissed her fully on the lips. Yoona was shocked with the sudden contact. Jonghyun then kissed her cheeks then went to her ears and whispered, "I'm sorry, just go with it."

"Is that what you call a kiss?" The man said. "It's just like watching a movie where the guy suddenly kissed the girl and the girl was shocked. Just look at her."

Yoona then realized she needs to do something. "I'm sorry if you think that way. It's true I was shocked, who wouldn't be. We're in a public place, and my Hon just kissed me out of the blue."

"Yoona dear, don't try to fool me. I know you. I know every inch of your being." The man was insistent. Yoona knew she needs to let go of all her inhibitions. "You really want me to prove to you that he's my boyfriend?"

"Baby, you can't do anything to make me think you're in love with him"

Jonghyun's anger was nearing its limit. Yoona's word didn't register with his mind, his eyes are starting to black out when he felt Yoona pulled him and made him face her. Her hand suddenly went to the back of his head and he felt her pulled him nearer to her. Her face was dangerously close to him, his anger was now gone and a very different feeling replaced it. Just when their lips were about to touch, they both looked at each other's eyes and he closed in the gap taking her lips and kissed her with all the new emotions he's feeling.

Somehow both got lost in their kiss. They forgot where they were and who was watching them. Yoona liked the feeling of his lips on hers. When she felt his tongue touch her lips as if asking her to open up for him, she knew it's what she wanted to do. As soon as she granted access to , his tongue darted inside and he felt her tongue taste him too. Their kiss became too intense making them broke the kiss to gasp for air. Both were breathing hard, she then looked at the man, Jonghyun's arms were around her shoulders protectively. "Now, do you believe us?" Yoona said panting.

Jonghyun kissed her hair while staring at the man. He was on his guard now, he knew the man might attack them. He continued kissing Yoona's face, but kept an eye on the man. But the man clapped his hand. "It was a nice show. You really are a good actress Yoona. But I admit, I'm hurt. How I wish I was the one you were kissing and not him." Then he tried to reach out for Yoona but Jonghyun grab hold of his hand and twisted it behind his back.

"Don't even think of touching what's mine. You'll rot in jail for stalking my girl."

"Hahahaha, don't make me laugh. She's not yours, she will never be. She's mine."

Jonghyun then pushed the man away from Yoona and he grabbed Yoona's hand and pushed her behind him.

"Enjoy her while it lasts. You need to do more to prove to me that you're really together. I'm not stupid to fall for this trick." The man then walked away laughing.

 

*****************************

A/N: I have one smart stalker. I'm making my life miserable, I'm making my story harder to make.... huhuhuhuhuh... What more can I do to make them prove they're together? Any suggestions?

My Hongki's back. Yonghwa's too obsessed with his girl. Everyone thank you for your comments. I'm earlier than my usual posting time. Let's just say, I had this idea and I didn't want it ti slip away. Please subscribe if you're liking my story.