Chapter 30

Break Those Walls

“Sungyeol ottoke?” Myungsoo buried his head in the pillow. He was living well, paying his rent dutifully but he missed Lady Kim and Jaehyun. He grabbed his stuffed hippo and sighed deeply.

“Ya Myungsoo just go back, I mean that stepmother of yours is really wretched but still… What about your real mother?!” Sungyeol rationalized. That’s what Myungsoo was stuck in between. To go back or not?

Myungsoo was pampered since young to have maids around. Now living alone means doing his chores alone. Initially he hated it but it became a mundane cycle for him which he took pleasure in.

“Go back. Go back Go back.” Sungyeol chanted loudly.

“You hate me living here?” Myungsoo raised a brow.

“No I didn’t say that. No I didn’t say that.” Sungyeol chanted again. Aish this guy.

-

Still no news of Myungsoo. Lady Kim was right; his phone line was already terminated.

“The number is no longer in use.” Jaehyun dejectedly put down her phone and her eyebrows knit up into a frown. She was worried sick for Myungsoo knowing he had no money with him when he stomped off. What if he worked for the underground? What if he was kidnapped again? These thoughts went wild in Jaehyun’s mind as she fervently prays that Myungsoo would call her.

And her phone rang.

-

Myungsoo had called from a public phone, so Jaehyun couldn’t track him down.

“Hello?” The sweet but worried voice filled his ear. He held onto the phone long but his throat cramped up and he couldn’t utter a single word. Just remember what you have done, Myungsoo thought to himself and hesitantly put the phone down. Click.

No courage, no heart to ever speak to her. Myungsoo wanted to meet with her to tell her everything, his troubles like how he used to. He left the public phone; head facing the ground, his shoulders all slumped with uncertainly.

Thump!

“Watch where you are going you son of a !” A growl echoed through the alley. Damn what a wrong choice of taking the shortcut. Myungsoo looked up cautiously to see three men heavily built towering over him.

“This is my territory you little punk, my shoes clean from your dirt and scram!” He roared as Myungsoo cringed in digust. his shoe? That’s utter degradation. Myungsoo would never do that but his safety came first. He decided to put up a pretense.

He crawled to the leader’s shoe as the leader smirk smugly. His comrades jeered Myungsoo. As they were laughing, their guards laid down and Myungsoo threw a punch in their faces. He ran for his life out of the alley.

Out to the streets, people will be there, it will be fine. Myungsoo’s legs carried him as he sprinted out to the open. His workout had benefitted him but he could hear the men not far from him, cursing and swearing. His head dodged quickly to survey the scene and he made his way to a direction. As he look back anxiously, he crashed into someone.

The speed he was running made the girl fell flat to the floor, grazing her elbow as she winced in pain and blood surfaced instantly. He supported his wrist, which bled profusely as his mind snap back when his eyes caught sight of the men 100m away.

He tried to make a run when the girl grabbed his hand.

“Myungsoo?!”

------------------------------------------

A/n: Hello guys sorry just realized how screwed the previous two chapter was when I upload them arghh finally med it hehe sorry!!