Chapter 22

Break Those Walls

"MYUNGSOO AHHHH" Infinite barged through his door and leaped on Myungsoo. Myungsoo was composing a new song with his clarinet and was surprised by Infinite's unexpected visits. Myungsoo beamed happily, his smile wide. He missed his friends dearly.

"School wasn't the same with you anymore!" Sungjong pouted and back hugged Myungsoo who turned around to pat his head.

"Out of the way, his best buddy is here!" Sungyeol pushed ('peeled' might be a better word) Sunjong off Myungsoo and started cooing sweet nothings into his ears. Sunggyu simply shook his head and Woohyun leaned closer to Sunggyu to whisper sweet nothings, only to get a punch from Sunggyu.

Myungsoo was elated to see his friends. They were far too busy with school to drop a visit, while he often rots at home, waiting for time to pass. (Or actually waiting for Jaehyun to tuition him) They had decided a sleepover at Myungsoo's house.

"Guys I have tuition later." Myungsoo informed Infinite. They groaned but Hoya butted in, "We will crash it then!" Infinite cheered and Myungsoo chuckled, thinking about Jaehyun's reaction when she sees these monkeys.

-
Infinite and Myungsoo was having a great long catching up session about life, oblivious that Jaehyun had entered the house. Ms Park beckoned Jaehyun to sit down for a cup of tea. Jaehyun plopped herself down, curious about what Ms Park had to say to her.

"Jaehyun ah, I want to tell you of a great plan!" Ms Park giggled, while Jaehyun simply maintained her I-look-interested face. She was aware of Ms Park's personality that she hatches nothing but evil schemes.

"I was just thinking. You need money right?" *Needed* Jaehyun correctly Ms Park in her mind, Jong Jae's birthday was over already. "Anyway, you know Mr Kim has a will written up by his lawyer. Jaehyun your maths is good. What is 1000 divided by 3?" Ms Park question.

"333.33 Ma'am." Jaehyun replied, puzzled.

"What is 1000 divided by 2?" Ms Park raised a brow.

"500 Ma'am."


"Exactly my dear girl. You are smart! As you can see, the less to divide, the more each person gets. So I was thinking to get Myungsoo disown his father. Mr Kim would rewrite his will wouldn't he, this time without Myungsoo!" Ms Park explained dramatically.

"I was thinking since you are rather close to him, perhaps you could spill rotten information about his dad to him so they would have a fight and disown each other! Sweet isn't it? Don't worry Jaehyun, I will reward you handsomely!" Ms Park grinned, satisfied with her extremely dramatic and detailed scheme.

Jaehyun was shocked and anger boiled through her mind. She wasn't the type to get angry easily, but that simply set her off. She slammed the teacup on the table, earning jumps from the maids and Ms Park.

"Mianhe Ma'am. Whether I am in need for money doesn't matter. Myungsoo is my student, my friend that I trust and surely he trusts me as much. I will not do this just for money. How can you have the heart to break a whole family apart?" Jaehyun burst. Ms Park asked the maid to leave them quietly and they filed out of the dining room. The atmosphere was now eerily quiet and tense.

"So I take that as a decline?" Jaehyun nodded firmly, no amount of money matter as much as her friendship with Myungsoo. Ms Park lifted the tea cup high in the air, smashing it into pieces. The fragments cut through Jaehyun's shin and she winced in pain.

Click.

Mr Kim was back and Ms Park took this chance to be a drama queen all over again. "Hubby! Jaehyun broke the teacup and accused me! Send her out!" She pouted annoyingly with an accusing tone while Jaehyun stood helpless. So that's how Myungsoo felt when he was accused, she thought to herself. Mr Kim knew Jaehyun was not of such sort but couldn't help to believe Ms Park. He loved her afterall.

Infinite, on the other hand, heard a crash and stumbled worriedly down. Myungsoo's heart was racing exceptionally fast. He was expecting Jaehyun to knock on his door and enter with her signature beaming smile. But not today. He rushed down to witness his drama stepmother acting while Jaehyun stood with her eyes b with tears, and a few drops of blood trickling down her shin. Once again, Myungsoo saw his father siding with his stepmother.

Myungsoo grabbed Jaehyun protectively and left while death glaring the couple. Infinite was watching on curiously and Hoya rushed up first to get a first aid kit from Myungsoo's room. Jaehyun winced in pain as Myungsoo poked her raw spot. Myungsoo dabbed the antiseptic solution on her wounds, only to have Jaehyun thrashing about in pain and kicked Myungsoo in the face.

Infinite burst into laughter as Myungsoo pressed his forehead whining and pouting. Jaehyun immediately apologized and she was forgiven (of course) by Myungsoo with a wide grin. "AWWWWWWW" Infinite sang. They approved of Jaehyun, she was such a cool and funny girl.

"Never knew Myungsoo is so caring." Dongwoo piped in.

"I've always been caring." Myungsoo said matter-of-factly.